My opinion is very important

lamuella

Hey guys, I thought Lamuella made it fairly clear that he wasn't using a list to target (or exclude) any one person (or people), and he did not mean for the list to be exhaustive. All he's really doing is advocating some thought process like "Is this necessary?" happening before hitting that big ol' "New Topic" button. Perhaps us GOONS were just raised differently.

Edited by ktarthan

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

tf2_achievement___facepalm_by_mrshrike.jpg

tl;dr: If you're going to make a new thread, make sure that Lamuella approves of it before posting it here. If he doesn't like it, you should post it in a random blog.

The cancer has spread to the OWF! We tried to keep him contained in the Water Cooler and we even knew he had plans to expand his Most Righteous Judgement operation into other forums, but we just let him slip by. It was an unacceptable security and intelligence failure on our part and we are taking measures to make sure it doesn't happen again.

I'm certain I did. It was a sample taken in 5 minutes, not a comprehensive list

Oh, you only put five minutes into gathering your information? Had you been careful to double check afterwards you would have seen that at least ten new threads had been posted in that timeframe.

tf2_achievement___facepalm_by_mrshrike.jpg

tl;dr: If you're going to make a new thread, make sure that Lamuella approves of it before posting it here. If he doesn't like it, you should post it in a random blog.

Seriously, the GRL is already affecting people.

If you really had to 'tl;dr' this OP, you should just fore-go reading Lamuella's posts altogether. They're clearly too long for you to understand them.

I only post threads when I have something really important to say; I'm just a REALLY important person with A LOT of things to say! The thread I made that you cited up there wouldn't have been posted, but the topic I'd have added it to was locked due to... well, the subject of the thread I posted.

The other one I made was just blatant attention-whoring and mockery, I don't deny it. I don't much care -- I enjoyed it, others enjoyed it. That's what matters.

Hey guys, I thought Lamuella made it fairly clear that he wasn't using a list to target (or exclude) any one person (or people), and he did not mean for the list to be exhaustive. All he's really doing is advocating some thought process like "Is this necessary?" happening before hitting that big ol' "New Topic" button. Perhaps us GOONS were just raised differently.

If you make a list of things that suck, then you are in fact targeting everyone on it. You are saying that those topics suck.

It is all well and good that he says he isn't targetting people, but he is in fact targeting them. He is naming their thread in a list of threads that he thinks should not have been started. How is he not targeting them?

If I started a thread and said...

"there are some real jerks on the OWF, the following is some, but not all of them:

Lamuella

ktarthan

Rebel Virginia

Nippy

By making this list, I am not targeting these people, there are more jerks then this, these are just the most recent jerks to post in this thread."

I think those four people would feel targeted...rightfully so.

Edited because is does not equal are

Edited by Machiabelly

If you make a list of things that suck, then you are in fact targeting everyone on it. You are saying that those topics suck.

damn lucky that wasn't what I was doing, then.

It is all well and good that he says he isn't targetting people, but he is in fact targeting them. He is naming their thread in a list of threads that he thinks should not have been started. How is he not targeting them?

because that's not what I was doing.

If I started a thread and said...

"there are some real jerks on the OWF, the following is some, but not all of them:

Lamuella

ktarthan

Rebel Virginia

Nippy

By making this list, I am not targeting these people, there are more jerks then this, these are just the most recent jerks to post in this thread."

I think those four people would feel targeted...rightfully so.

but your example is different from what I did. My list was to show the metric f-ton of threads that already existed about the war but were not directly related to it. I didn't say "the people who made these threads suck". The list wasn't to single anyone out, in fact the reason for putting so many topics on there was specifically so nobody was singled out, because my complaint isn't about individuals.

I believe Asriel was doing it first and even before him I think there was someone else.

What ever happened to the awesomeness of being last? Like if I were ever a racing fan, I think I'd have more fun cheering for the runner/car/horse that is in last place.

Plus, if that runner/car/horse passes someone, then I'd enjoy the additional excitement of having someone new to cheer for!

On topic, my opinion is still very important, but not enough to start another thread on this. :D

Edited by Fantastico

The cancer has spread to the OWF! We tried to keep him contained in the Water Cooler and we even knew he had plans to expand his Most Righteous Judgement operation into other forums, but we just let him slip by. It was an unacceptable security and intelligence failure on our part and we are taking measures to make sure it doesn't happen again.

The Water Cooler? Lam?

Please. As a regular of the Boiler Room, you should know better. Like me.

Edited by Tolkien

PS. For someone with 13,000 posts I also find it funny that you are claiming that other people are seeking attention on these forums.

What does post count have to do with anything, besides to make some vague ad-hom attack? Considering most of those posts were made in the Boiler Room, which I believe something akin to 95+% of the community shies away from, what? What does a prolific post count (which, in my experience, are for the most part good and well thought out) have anything to do with anything?

Sorry I have to use a meme but:

You Know Nothing.

The Water Cooler? Lam?

Lamuella often complains about how much he suffers from threads that do not meet his approval in WC/BR. Now the OWF being inundated on a much larger scale with unapproved threads, we should have seen this coming, but we just let him walk right through without even so much as a flag on his passport or a routine underwear check.

Like me.

Hold me.

Lamuella often complains about how much he suffers from threads that do not meet his approval in WC/BR. Now the OWF being inundated on a much larger scale with unapproved threads, we should have seen this coming, but we just let him walk right through without even so much as a flag on his passport or a routine underwear check.

Hold me.

I have yet to see him complain about the WC, mostly because I have never seen him post there in any way. The Boiler Room, however, is a whole different beast altogether.

In a prison cell. Got it.