TPF Official Notice

Burning Glory

As most all of you know I've had to be inactive for the better part of this round, nearly all of it.

Because of this some things in TPF have happened and been a bit hectic for Gov.

TPF has many friends and because of this to many treaties....This is causing problems with trying

to do the right thing when it comes to WAR, Defense or in general picking sides.

OP is a good alliance, Jim is a good friend and was a great TPF nation/member. For that matter several of

OP Gov and members were TPF and or TPF allies.

In the last few weeks of the last round Jim came to me and said he was starting an AA this round, didn't know the name

he would call it yet but asked to be TPF allies, to which I said yes. Jim has always been loyal to TPF and me as well as others in OP

so this was a no brainer on my part.

Start of this round a friend from LE came to me and asked for a MDP, which I also said yes.

LE has always been honorable and in my opinion among the most honorable in TE as well as both WAR'd with

TPF and on the same side as TPF, not to mention the friends I have made there through the rounds.

Also a no brainer to be treatied to them. My thoughts and I'm sure LE's thoughts were to take on OP after we both

saw that they were not only #1 but also numbering in the 300's close to 400 even.

HOWEVER, at this time I didn't know that OP was Jims new AA as he didn't come to me in the start of the round and let me know till after my agreement with LE.

So when OP attacked LE weeks later, TPF had to sit that war out to be fair and keep honor.

The problem is that OP didn't know of the agreed treaty with LE and LE as well as I didn't know OP was Jims AA there for a treaty partner.

Now several weeks later, 2 things have happened. first being I was told that OP has no treaties (via their charter) which really puzzled me.

and second they have attacked an AA known to have a treaty with TPF, which is RE.

I'm not sure whats going on here with this, and i did not give order to defend RE against OP, but I know that the Gov of TPF

who did issue the orders to defend RE were put into a bad predicament of what to do. Well based on the knowledge that OP had no official

treaties and or didn't recognize one with TPF, yet knew that TPF had one with RE and attacked anyway and it would make us look bad if we didn't

honor our treaty with RE.

I didn't want to see this happen, and OP is the last AA I would ever want to fight as there are so many ex TPF there as well as friends.

However TPF and RE have been allies for several rounds and even though TPF has never really enacted our treaty with them, we owe them

the honor of a defense by means of our treaty.

With that said a few other allies have went to war with each other which we have had to sit out and remain neutral, like

the AI-SOS against PU and others. So as of day one of next round.....

TPF CANCELS ALL ITS TREATIES EXCEPT OB, CTA, and GDA.

If any current allies would like a treaty for next round, please pm me before or the first few days of the round.

TPF will keep treaties to a minimum next round, so please let me know as soon as you know if you want to keep it/renew it.

For the record, this is the end of round and because of this TPF will keep the war with OP, we also invite the rest of TE

to pick a side, i see OB and AZTEC already have...Nothing personal to any AA, have fun and remember its just a game!

BG.

Edited by Burning Glory

Very interesting. I guess this must be hard for you guys. Thanks for the continued support.

While war is never really easy against friends, there will be no hard feelings on our part.

YW for the support, thats what treaties are for ;)

BG.

Speaking for MHA, this round doesn't mean much to us anymore since we put all our chips on the table early in the round against OP.

You'd be hardpressed to get any of us to care enough to war anymore, so we wish you all a hearty battle.

Should things change, well you'd surprise the heck out of me as well.

TPF has some friends of mine so I wish them well, but I also suggest a firm no treaty approach to next round, would certainly make things less burdensome. You CAN war against friends.

BG, you need a TL;DR version :)

As everyone knows, LE doesn't sign treaties. TPF sat out the OP/LE are because TPF gained most advantage by doing so. TPF has more "agreements" than anyone, and honors none of them. In fact, I think that was my quote to ODN's leader.

You do what you must. Don't hide behind "agreements".

Fish

TPF CANCELS ALL ITS TREATIES EXCEPT OB, CTA, and GDA.

If any current allies would like a treaty for next round, please pm me before or the first few days of the round.

TPF will keep treaties to a minimum next round, so please let me know as soon as you know if you want to keep it/renew it.

I don't think you'll be upholding this statement. I have been around since round 2 (under different names) and the one constant throughout this time is that Burning Glory and TPF are addicted to signing treaties. You guys do a good job of signing treaties with everybody and not having to fight (unless you know you can win). It's a great strategy because you guys have only been beat down a couple of times. You play it safe and sign treaties (often secret and unannounced) with everybody.

Yet, I understand why so many alliances seek you guys out for a treaty, because it is very easy to get one from you guys. Alliances like SOS basically do what they want without fear knowing that TPF will have their back.

I hope you stick with that plan above but the second you feel threatened I know you'll sign a lot of them again.

An understandable choice Burning Glory. Surely you now see the problem of holding so many treaties. It becomes constricting to nearly every possible move you can make unless you simply force certain things to occur, which in the longterm do more harm then good. That being said, goodluck and goodfight!

Edited by Owned-You

As everyone knows, LE doesn't sign treaties. TPF sat out the OP/LE are because TPF gained most advantage by doing so. TPF has more "agreements" than anyone, and honors none of them. In fact, I think that was my quote to ODN's leader.

Fish

I was going to say this...so I will just QFT.

Fish

Funny that you mention this, I never said sign treaties, i said asked for a MDP and i just happen to have a few saved copies saved of such request...you know just in case of dispute shall I post my old friend Fish ;)

TPF sat out because of what was stated above, nothing more nothing less. I'm sure you can ask around to many of our allies like OB, RE, GDA, and others, we honor them all. If you remember correctly, that was part of the reason TPF hit LE several rounds ago for TRG :P

An understandable choice Burning Glory. Surely you now see the problem of holding so many treaties. It becomes constricting to nearly every possible move you can make unless you simply force certain things to occur, which in the longterm do more harm then good. That being said, good luck and good fight!

True old friend, it wasn't really a problem in the past as allies of allies stuck together, but it seems that the new era of TE

has become a bit more chaotic and less loyalty. So different times call for different measures.

BG.

I don't think you'll be upholding this statement. I have been around since round 2 (under different names) and the one constant throughout this time is that Burning Glory and TPF are addicted to signing treaties. You guys do a good job of signing treaties with everybody and not having to fight (unless you know you can win). It's a great strategy because you guys have only been beat down a couple of times. You play it safe and sign treaties (often secret and unannounced) with everybody.

Yet, I understand why so many alliances seek you guys out for a treaty, because it is very easy to get one from you guys. Alliances like SOS basically do what they want without fear knowing that TPF will have their back.

I hope you stick with that plan above but the second you feel threatened I know you'll sign a lot of them again.

You know nothing, and yeah i believe you on the "i've been around since round 2" TPF hides no treaties, you got the wrong AA there.

I have had treaties that a select few know about, but that was very seldom.

TPF has war'd many times against AA's larger than us, we win because we are good at war.

people ask for treaties from TPF because they know we honor them and because they know we know how to war.

For the record, just because you got beat down by SOS and then by GDA doen't mean I agreed with them, in fact

I tried to get things changed.

BG.

TPF has more "agreements" than anyone, and honors none of them. In fact, I think that was my quote to ODN's leader.

Yepp. We've had a lot of treaties in recent times, and sometimes they conflict.

However, let's clear up some stupid crap.

Ironic you would mention ODN while ignoring that we were willing to go to war for both ODN and RnR (also your allies) in defending them against CTA and AZTEC. In doing so, our actions benefited you, and they were fighting OP alongside you. That, despite trying to sign a treaty with CTA at the same time. CTA as our brothers on white team were a logical treaty choice, and one we do hope to keep. Yet we were willing to hit them to support the others. I'd call that honoring a treaty even when it wasn't completely in our best interests to do so.

Then of course we are currently honoring our treaty with RE right now. It's also the end of round war, and we wanted to fight. We honored a treaty with GDA at the end of last lesson when we hit Priapism, we and RE have each honored the treaties between us several times over the last few sessions. That's not even worth citing examples as they are so frequent - if one's been paying attention.

Thus several examples right there, and I will pull out several others from recent rounds past if you want to be smacked around by them as well. When you say we do not honor treaties, I am calling you a liar right to your face. Remember: There is no honor without honesty.

So tell me again about honor.

Um, never at any point were we proceeding under the assumption that TPF would have our back.

If you're going to take any chance you can get to have a shot at us, please at least do us the honor of doing it with actual facts, instead of just pulling whatever you feel like saying out of thin air.

Furthermore, the alliance we attacked had, at the time, a treaty with TPF. Did that stop us? No.

For the record, just because you got beat down by SOS and then by GDA doen't mean I agreed with them, in fact

I tried to get things changed.

Don't bother with ReadyFireAIm, he's just bitter and trying to take as many shots at the reputation of the SOS Brigade as possible.

Hopefully it leads to more fun for TPF members.. I'm seeing quite a few TPF guys who are 51 days old and just now getting the war machine rolling....long, boring wait, no?

Anyhow, g'luck with your future.

Dear BG,

Thank you for not discussing this with your fellow government members, including your second in command. This is the second time this round you've come appeared out of nowhere and ****ed everything up. I shouldn't be surprised, you do something like this every round.

Hugs and Kisses

Bionic Redhead - Phoenix of Amber

Um, never at any point were we proceeding under the assumption that TPF would have our back.

If you're going to take any chance you can get to have a shot at us, please at least do us the honor of doing it with actual facts, instead of just pulling whatever you feel like saying out of thin air.

Furthermore, the alliance we attacked had, at the time, a treaty with TPF. Did that stop us? No.

Don't bother with ReadyFireAIm, he's just bitter and trying to take as many shots at the reputation of the SOS Brigade as possible.

Hey, I'm just pointing out how ridiculous it is to be allied to everybody in the game. Of course that's an exaggeration, but it sure feels like they are at times. Just take our war to help PU out as an example.

PU has a treaty with TPF, but so does SOS Brigade, so SOS attacks PU knowing that TPF won't do anything except pressure you guys into stopping. Of course, they could have canceled their treaty with you but instead kept it despite your attacks on a treaty partner.

Then AI attacks PU. TPF also has a treaty with them. Then GDA enters. TPF also has a treaty with them.

So PU is attacked directly by two alliances, and indirectly by one other. Yet, PU can't get help from their treaty partner because of conflicting treaties everywhere.

CDT on the other hand, has zero treaties, and responds to the request for help. No treaties between the two, just personal friendship. Hence, a treaty with TPF basically means nothing at this point. I hope they stick with their new policy though.

Hey, I'm just pointing out how ridiculous it is to be allied to everybody in the game. Of course that's an exaggeration, but it sure feels like they are at times. Just take our war to help PU out as an example.

PU has a treaty with TPF, but so does SOS Brigade, so SOS attacks PU knowing that TPF won't do anything except pressure you guys into stopping. Of course, they could have canceled their treaty with you but instead kept it despite your attacks on a treaty partner.

Then AI attacks PU. TPF also has a treaty with them. Then GDA enters. TPF also has a treaty with them.

So PU is attacked directly by two alliances, and indirectly by one other. Yet, PU can't get help from their treaty partner because of conflicting treaties everywhere.

CDT on the other hand, has zero treaties, and responds to the request for help. No treaties between the two, just personal friendship. Hence, a treaty with TPF basically means nothing at this point. I hope they stick with their new policy though.

could you possibly be anymore butthurt about the SOS/AI/GDA vs PU/CDT war? seriously...... one incident now dictates all of the rounds TPF has been in, not to mention how SOS acts in every round as well? last round, as a Triumvirate of Black, i fought against SOS and then with SOS. They like to war. They warred beside Black in wars that got them hurt pretty badly and fought against odds that were overwhelming.

you should learn not to base how an alliance acts based solely on one incident and should instead learn your history before you make claims with which you have very little to back it up. though i do admit the way you attempt to make CDT out to be more honorable than TPF is laughable. not saying that you are not honorable for helping PU out, but the fact that you continuously whine about the war and attempt to ridicule SOS and now it seems TPF while making CDT out to be the !@#$ is quite amusing.

could you possibly be anymore butthurt about the SOS/AI/GDA vs PU/CDT war? seriously...... one incident now dictates all of the rounds TPF has been in, not to mention how SOS acts in every round as well? last round, as a Triumvirate of Black, i fought against SOS and then with SOS. They like to war. They warred beside Black in wars that got them hurt pretty badly and fought against odds that were overwhelming.

you should learn not to base how an alliance acts based solely on one incident and should instead learn your history before you make claims with which you have very little to back it up. though i do admit the way you attempt to make CDT out to be more honorable than TPF is laughable. not saying that you are not honorable for helping PU out, but the fact that you continuously whine about the war and attempt to ridicule SOS and now it seems TPF while making CDT out to be the !@#$ is quite amusing.

I'm basing my example off personal experience. I wouldn't have to dig far to find instances of TPF facing conflicting treaties and therefore not being able to fight. It's been going on for a while. Also, I am not affiliated with CDT in regular cn, just use them as an example since I am currently there.

Did I not describe the situation accurately though? Doesn't the situation highlight what BG was talking about in his post? I won't care about SOS next round, just using them as an example since I know the details. Carrying grudges over is dumb so I won't be doing that.