As a noob

Wulff

How? Spacebattles.com. For geeks everywhere.

Who first? The Legion. Still in my heart after all these years.

Who inspires me most? I suppose I looked to Simon De Montfort as I have never met a more honourable warrior or man.

Who was my mentor? I never really had one, which is why it took me nearly two years to learn how to build my nation properly (I take most of the blame here, guides were available, but I was having a blast with my mouth).

Who got me here now? The Legion. Most maligned by those who know her least. Much loved by those who served her most.

How did you learn about CN? America's Army forums.

Where was your first alliance? R&R

Who would you say inspires you the most on Bob? Honestly, no single person.

Who was your "Mentor"? Nobody. :( IamJoe from IRON and some dudes from Ronin were the only ones who gave me and my fledgling alliance any sort of help/advice.

Who got you or helped you get to where you are now? Same as above. Had to learn the hard way for the most part.

How did you learn about CN? Jpierson

Where was your first alliance? IRON

Who would you say inspires you the most on Bob? Lots of great people have inspired me from time to time. Templar, Lemeard, RandomInterrupt, Almighty Grub, Prince Arutha, Raasaa, AirMe, Archon, Pingu, Salka Palmir, Yavanna, Akasha, Fallen Fail... this list could go on for awhile...

Who was your "Mentor"? Probably Sister Midnight or Glyndwr in the early days

Who got you or helped you get to where you are now? I've been in the game for nearly 3 1/2 years, there is no way I'm going to remember them all.

How did you learn about CN? My friends kean and Logan introduced it to me way back in the day

Where was your first alliance? Oceanic Entente

Who would you say inspires you the most on Bob? Myself :smug:

Who was your "Mentor"? Hoo

Who got you or helped you get to where you are now? All the people in RoK and Tetris.

How did you learn about CN? : My brother was in Goons, he knew I posted on Genmay so eventually I joined to help out my fellow Genmayers. This was when you could have two accounts on the same IP I guess because we weren't deleted, but couldn't sent aid to each other, obviously. He quit after UJW, I kept going.

Where was your first alliance? : Genmay

Who would you say inspires you the most on Bob? : Noo one specific at the moment.

Who was your "Mentor"? : Dagny Taggart adopted me as a noob in Genmay and tought me the basics.

Who got you or helped you get to where you are now? : Umbrella

How did you learn about CN? If I recall correctly through a link on CollegeHumor.

Where was your first alliance? The NPO. I was on red at the time, and they were the red team alliance, and a formidable one at that, so it was a no-brainer.

Who would you say inspires you the most on Bob? MK. All 171 of them. :P

Who was your "Mentor"? Anthony. <3

Who got you or helped you get to where you are now? Many people. Most notably Anthony in the NPO and Archon and Trace in MK.

How did you learn about CN? Virillus is a real life friend of mine, and he found the game, a few days later he told me to play it and I've stuck with it since then (April 2006)

Where was your first alliance? The Svalbardian Ultralliance which was formed by Virillus, Vengashii, and myself.

Who would you say inspires you the most on Bob? I'm really not too sure. I don't tend to look up to anybody as an idol, but there are people I respect quite a bit; Archon being one of them as he's leading the alliance that I've enjoyed most in my CN career.

Who was your "Mentor"? I never really had one, I learned most of the game mechanics by myself, and by posting a lot in the "gameplay" section on the old forums.

Who got you or helped you get to where you are now? Virillus and I stuck together right up until June of this year when he went inactive. I'd say he would have helped me the most as he took a more active role in politics right up until Atlantis disbanded. From then on I tended to have a somewhat significant role (lead Hyperion, merged into GR, lead GR a few weeks after that merge up until I joined MK).

Edited by Drai

How did you learn about CN? Google, searching for nation sims.

Where was your first alliance? Sparta

Who would you say inspires you the most on Bob? Grub, Syzygy, Bob Janova, Arctic Penguin, Lord Sharpe and Steelrat.

Who was your "Mentor"? Grenlif, PatriotOne

Who got you or helped you get to where you are now? The Grämlins, without them i would have quit a long time ago.

Edited by Alfie Riddle

How did you learn about CN? RL friend of mine. He quit soon after, 3+ years later, I'm still here.

Where was your first alliance? NpO

Who would you say inspires you the most on Bob? All my fellow SSXers

Who was your "Mentor"? Kernwaffen, Comrade Brad, Bud

Who got you or helped you get to where you are now? Many people, but I'll say Kahn and those above.

How did you learn about CN?: A friend.

Where was your first alliance?: VE 1.0

Who would you say inspires you the most on Bob?: I'm not sure if there is a who, but there is a what. Beliefs.

Who was your "Mentor"?: Chiadude

Who got you or helped you get to where you are now?: In order...

SoonerNation, Chiadude, Ecthelion, Draeg, Chimaera

How did you learn about CN? Coldfront

Where was your first alliance? Elephant Graveyard

Who would you say inspires you the most on Bob? King Xander the Only

Who was your "Mentor"? Uh, Jason8/Shurukian

Who got you or helped you get to where you are now? The awesome people in RAD, TSI and IS and now Bel Air

ow did you learn about CN?: Slashdot

Where was your first alliance?: VE 1.0

Who would you say inspires you the most on Bob?: The community

Who was your "Mentor"?: Egore

Who got you or helped you get to where you are now?: In order...

Egore, Ardus, KirbyGirl, my RL fiancee.

Who have I mentored?:

Too many, this teacher has been around for a long while on this game.

How did you learn about CN? Slashdot

Where was your first alliance? VE (The First)

Who would you say inspires you the most on Bob? Inspire? Wrong word. I'm enough of my own man to not chase somebody else's shadow. If you want people I respect the list is long.

Who was your "Mentor"? Geeze, I don't even remember, it was too long ago. I suppose Egore? Maybe SUM.

Who got you or helped you get to where you are now? the first time? Argin, only recruiter who said more than "go register on our forums" when I asked questions. The second time, Sooner nation returned me to the game.

How did you learn about CN? ScoobyDooby-Doo From Wc3

Where was your first alliance? IRON

Who would you say inspires you the most on Bob? I don't know.

Who was your "Mentor"? ScoobyDooby-Doo and after 2 years... ODN members.

Who got you or helped you get to where you are now? JamesDanaher

How did you learn about CN? Facepunch forums

Where was your first alliance? ICP

Who would you say inspires you the most on Bob? Sal Paradise

Who was your "Mentor"? Militant Milo

Who got you or helped you get to where you are now? myself

The answers could be 1 person or an alliance in general.

How did you learn about CN?

Where was your first alliance?

Who would you say inspires you the most on Bob?

Who was your "Mentor"?

Who got you or helped you get to where you are now?

I learned about CN through another nation political game, which the name of is blocked on these forums, but someone from what is now the NPO (I forget who, it could have been anyone) was going from region to region, spamming the game. I found out that way.

My first alliance was GOLD. I was recruited there by El Pilchinator during GW3.

I don't think anyone really inspires me on Planet Bob these days.

I've had several "mentors" over time. The first person in CN who I really looked up to was Varses, the GOLD premier at the time.

That last question would require a really long list of people who helped along the way of getting me here. The way I see it, every time someone interacts with someone else regarding CN, both people are gaining experience and therefore helping each other get to where ever it is they go in game. However, at the end of the day, it's only the individual who truely gets themselves to where they are. So, I guess the correct answer would be myself.

How did you learn about CN? Don't remember, quite honestly.

Where was your first alliance? CDS

Who would you say inspires you the most on Bob? Me, myself, and I. I am bigger than any alliance.

Who was your "Mentor"? I was. It didn't take long to pick up how things worked here.

Who got you or helped you get to where you are now? I did.

How did you learn about CN? Over spring break in 08 my cousin and I were looking for fun !@#$ to play. Found NS, realized it was boring, then found this. Forget which one of us saw it first. He quit long ago.

Where was your first alliance? Heh, technically "Coruscant", made up of only my cousin and I. Then I (well, we) joined UCN.

Who would you say inspires you the most on Bob? Hard to say if anyone really inspires me. There is a long long list of people in the game who I respect or look up to though. A great deal of which are CDT'ers.

Who was your "Mentor"? This is a tough one. I didn't have any one mentor, just the crowd running UCN at the time I was a noob, and later some of the noobs who grew up along with me but knew more than I. So lets say Jonnygozy, MoSW, DarkFox and Popsumpot.

Who got you or helped you get to where you are now? The 4 listed above helped me a ton. With plenty of :wub: to the other three, DarkFox has probably been the most constant and steadfast friend I've leant on for support.