Declaraction of War

Khyber

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Such a noob thing to say, you bring shame on us all. :( Unless there is a magic wand that makes 5 days equal one there is nothing that they can do.

It's more of a noob thing to say you're taking a stand and are willing to face destruction all the while sitting in peace mode in a 4 man alliance knowing the risks of joining a 4 man alliance with out a protectorate.

Your bravado about being able to hit a nation that has to fully beef up its military to be in your range sums you up completely <_<

[OOC]It's not my fault that's how game mechanics work.[/OOC] I'll make a stand for my friend's in GOONS. Sure UINE and GOONS don't have an official treaty, but friendship is apparently justification to go to war with another alliance now.

Edited by Fireandthepassion

[OOC]It's not my fault that's how game mechanics works.[/OOC] I'll make a stand for my friend's in GOONS. Sure UINE and GOONS don't have an official treaty, but friendship is apparently justification to go to war with another alliance now.

It always has been...

[OOC]It's not my fault that's how game mechanics work.[/OOC] I'll make a stand for my friend's in GOONS. Sure UINE and GOONS don't have an official treaty, but friendship is apparently justification to go to war with another alliance now.

Like my Nizzle has said, it has been, as long as you value your friendships.

It's not my fault that's how game mechanics works. I'll make a stand for my friend's in GOONS. Sure UINE and GOONS don't have an official treaty, but friendship is apparently justification to go to war with another alliance now.

It is, for us. You might want to double-check with your leaders and allies, unless you want to set a precedent that might be used against you. We're fine with it. Heck, we're honored to see you need more than a 132-strong alliance to take RLMMO and us out.

By the way, it's called a military strategy. I'm not sure about your alliance but I'm pretty positive your allies use peace mode as such, too. You know, to make the war lasts longer and to be able to declare on your terms, coming out full guns blazing when you're ready, etc.

Actually, you didn't venture into what those "other details" might be, Chairman Hal. You simply pointed out what is evidently a typo, one that will be corrected as soon as a mod gets around to it.

For the rest, you're correct. We're a small alliance, taking a stand, helping friends. We know we will be badly damaged by this war.

We also contacted both Kronos and GOONS.

The other details go something like this: There are probably Valhallans who would salute your charge into battle and your bravery. I however am opposed to suicide charges. It wastes good nations for no gain.

Perhaps you have allies in larger alliances or people who upon seeing your nations getting mangled, you hope to impress enough to join the fight on your side. I fear however that they will only make a great noise on the OWRP signifying nothing, and your alliance will not even be so much as a footnote in history when it is all said and done.

No it hasn't. Generally those people have been labeled as band-wagoners. <_<

You'll have vultures in whatever war exists. But LUE backed up Fark for a treaty that wasn't announced yet but in the making. They didn't need the full treaty to stand by them. GOLD backed up FAN without a treaty. People have supported their friends thoughout CN's history. Band wagoners is sometimes true, and sometimes not, you make up your mind.

It is, for us. You might want to double-check with your leaders and allies, unless you want to set a precedent that might be used against you. We're fine with it. Heck, we're honored to see you need more than a 132-strong alliance to take RLMMO and us out.

By the way, it's called a military strategy. I'm not sure about your alliance but I'm pretty positive your allies use peace mode as such, too. You know, to make the war lasts longer and to be able to declare on your terms, coming out full guns blazing when you're ready, etc.

Keve already told me stipulations that is way ok. I said ok. As far as I know you aren't officially allied to anyone. You have yet to make your DoE or announce a protectorate. I doubt anyone would want to sign that pact with your alliance now seeing how you operate.

It's also a decent military strategy to declare on you to stop the amount of nukes being flown at GOONS by taking up one of your defensive slots for me to eat nukes while I nuke you back.

You just declared war. You're in peace mode. It's not THAT great of a strategy when you're declaring in an aggressive defense, and trying to back people up. If you were larger or initially declared on, yes you're right PM isn't a bad strategy in a larger alliance to save people as bankers to push aid out to people in mass during war, or after war to rebuild.

I feel bad for that 7 or 8k NS nation that's in war mode with no one around him to collaborate with in terms of planning out an attack.

Why don't you be brave, bulk up and wait for Khyber? Im sure a slot against him could be saved for a great friend like you. I fought Khyber and would recommend it.

Edited by Alterego

I doubt anyone would want to sign that pact with your alliance now seeing how you operate.

I'm not sure you've read the OP thoroughly. We don't sign treaties, at all.

We're trying something relatively new; though the idea behind it has been floating around for a few years already. Many small alliances don't get treaties out of laziness or inactivity, we do it by purpose. Other than that, we're all for good relations with foreign alliances and I think we will do just fine, thank you.

Edited by Yevgeni Luchenkov

Why don't you be brave, bulk up and wait for Khyber? Im sure a slot against him could be saved for a great friend like you. I fought Khyber and would recommend it.

I would love to fight Khyber in a fair fight. I wouldn't want to fight someone with a depleted warchest that was already in anarchy. That's not so much fun. I love being on the front lines and taking more than CM/Air damage. I'll remember that it's fun for future reference when he is at 100%. The same goes for the 90k nation. [ooc]It's a game I'm a bit tired of stat collecting I want to have some good wars.[/ooc]

I'm sorry, are you talking about friendship or treaties? Because they aren't the same thing.

So none of your treaties are based on friendships built with people? You just signed them to sign them? Then you just might have bad treaty partners with the exception of Polaris. Treaties should be built around being friends with that alliance. However, again people with no official treaty documentations have generally been labeled as band-wagoners.

You'll have vultures in whatever war exists. But LUE backed up Fark for a treaty that wasn't announced yet but in the making. They didn't need the full treaty to stand by them. GOLD backed up FAN without a treaty. People have supported their friends thoughout CN's history. Band wagoners is sometimes true, and sometimes not, you make up your mind.

I said generally leaving room for the few exceptions. ;)

Also didn't GOLD just send aid to FAN through a proxy then GOLD was declared on by NPO for said aid? I don't remember GOLD outright declaring on anyone or being declared on during FAN-WUT/VietFAN up to Unjust. Aiding and declaring in defense is a bit different. I've given aid to [ooc]my friend's from RL[/ooc] in game to help them build or get out of bill-lock. I forget if FAN was still at war with WUT at that point though.

Golden Sabers did something with the Senate for FAN which got them declared on in FAN-1V/VietFAN II because they were considered a FAN off shoot for that. I suppose that's a form of declaration I guess.

I'm not sure you've read the OP thoroughly. We don't sign treaties, at all.

We're trying something relatively new; though the idea behind it has been floating around for a few years already. Many small alliances don't get treaties out of laziness or inactivity, we do it by purpose. Other than that, we're all for good relations with foreign alliances and I think we will do just fine, thank you.

And that policy wont last long because you aren't Opethian. Sure some people will respect, but by doing this you're still leaving yourself open to tech raids.

Edited by Fireandthepassion

So none of your treaties are based on friendships built with people? You just signed them to sign them? Then you just might have bad treaty partners with the exception of Polaris. Treaties should be built around being friends with that alliance. However, again people with no official treaty documentations have generally been labeled as band-wagoners.

Friendship and treaties are not the same thing, and while your cute attempt to prove they are was fun, it is far from true. It was disproven by yourself when you referred to canceled treaties.

Of course they are labeled as band-wagoners. Nothing you've said has defeated my original statement.

I would love to fight Khyber in a fair fight. I wouldn't want to fight someone with a depleted warchest that was already in anarchy. That's not so much fun. I love being on the front lines and taking more than CM/Air damage. I'll remember that it's fun for future reference when he is at 100%. The same goes for the 90k nation. [ooc]It's a game I'm a bit tired of stat collecting I want to have some good wars.[/ooc]

Let me worry about my warchest mate, so is it a date?

I said generally leaving room for the few exceptions. ;)

Also didn't GOLD just send aid to FAN through a proxy then GOLD was declared on by NPO for said aid? I don't remember GOLD outright declaring on anyone or being declared on during FAN-WUT/VietFAN up to Unjust. Aiding and declaring in defense is a bit different. I've given aid to [ooc]my friend's from RL[/ooc] in game to help them build or get out of bill-lock. I forget if FAN was still at war with WUT at that point though.

Golden Sabers did something with the Senate for FAN which got them declared on in FAN-1V/VietFAN II because they were considered a FAN off shoot for that. I suppose that's a form of declaration I guess.

Yah, they may not have wared, but they stuck up for friends without treaties. But yes those were exceptions. And worst while it looks grim I hope GOONS are more lenient then the boys in the NPO were. Plus they can't be all that bad with nizzle and louisa in them.

Life outside the treaty web isn't easy, those who venture outside do so at their peril. Tech raiding can also be a perilous activity, enjoy the fun ZDP.

Actually , life outside the treaty web is quite a liberating experience . More alliances should try it . You find yourself above the general %^$hattery of the masses.