Declaraction of War

Khyber

And you people said that GOONS wouldn't be the same again.

I'm interested to see how this ends and whether they demand a load of reps. New GOONS seem to be quite similar to old GOONS but without the muscle that old GOONS had before letting themselves die without putting up a fight in peace mode.

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm interested to see how this ends and whether they demand a load of reps. New GOONS seem to be quite similar to old GOONS but without the muscle that old GOONS had before letting themselves die without putting up a fight in peace mode.

No OLD GOON was sexy enough to recite Zombie Haiku's for hot zombie nations. Wait... uh nm.

Keep up with the original posts! They enrich these threads to no end.

And you people said that GOONS wouldn't be the same again.

Yeah, no, I'm pretty sure we're taking a reasonably traditional stance in this situation (for a tech raiding alliance anyway). Were we not GOONS this would be much ado about nothing.

Yeah, no, I'm pretty sure we're taking a reasonably traditional stance in this situation (for a tech raiding alliance anyway). Were we not GOONS this would be much ado about nothing.

Oh, you're following tradition all right.

Us : Your raid is an act of war. See, it says "Declare War" on the button you pushed to attack.

You: WE BIG AND STRONG, YOU SHUT UP NOW AND LIKE IT.

Wrong as it is, it's CN tradition.

I have never claimed to be unbiased in regards to Goons, I was upset you returned from the moon and look forward to the day I can help send you back. The tone you take here is oh so reminiscent of your neutral shoving ways.

The moon is gone and now they are stuck here forever! :o

)): Goons )):

The idea is more doing away with the treaty system, but rather actively maintaining friendships, and making decisions both on your beliefs and your friends without the constraints of treaty forcing you to act one way or another.

You're not the only one of this opinion. :)

See: The Destiny Pact

http://www.thedestinyproject.com/index.php?topic=3.0

Best of luck; I love the theme and flag ;D

does it say "declare alliance war"?

It does when the alliances gives you permission to do so. Same if your alliance gives permission to spy on another alliance. Same if your alliance gives permission to aid someone already in battle. When your alliance gives permission to commit an act of aggression against another war, it is effectively at war without declaring.

It does when the alliances gives you permission to do so. Same if your alliance gives permission to spy on another alliance. Same if your alliance gives permission to aid someone already in battle. When your alliance gives permission to commit an act of aggression against another war, it is effectively at war without declaring.

You can't "it does when" Lamuella. It is not allowed. See Chapter 4 on "How not to get your alliance rolled." It is a short read so your hunger for human brains should not get in the way.

You can't "it does when" Lamuella. It is not allowed. See Chapter 4 on "How not to get your alliance rolled." It is a short read so your hunger for human brains should not get in the way.

We came from the moon...we're not even human. -_-

It does when the alliances gives you permission to do so.

No, I'm talking about the button in the game. He was making a really big deal of it saying "declare war". Thus he cares about what the button literally says, and I was pointing out what the button literally doesn't say

Same if your alliance gives permission to spy on another alliance. Same if your alliance gives permission to aid someone already in battle. When your alliance gives permission to commit an act of aggression against another war, it is effectively at war without declaring.

our charter does not give individual members the authority to declare war on behalf of our entire alliance, just on behalf of themselves.

does it say "declare alliance war"?

When you are a member of an alliance and you declare war, you represent the alliance as a whole.

By all means, claim Nizzy was a rogue and expel him. That would be the proper procedure if he wasn't representing your alliance.

The first rule of an alliance is you are responsible for their actions. Did you reprimand Nizzy? No, you supported his actions and piled on. So your point fails.

When you are a member of an alliance and you declare war, you represent the alliance as a whole.

where does it say that? Who decided that?

By all means, claim Nizzy was a rogue and expel him. That would be the proper procedure if he wasn't representing your alliance.

and here's the big problem:

You have no idea what we would have done if you had just come to us and told us what had happened. As I have pointed out, on four occasions in the last month, a GOONS nation has raided someone who came to us about it and the war stopped. On several of those occasions, we sent reps. On one of those occasions we suspended the nation's GOONS membership privileges.

Who's to say this wouldn't have happened with Nizzy if you had come to us? You didn't come to us, though, you went to the Alliance Announcements forum and publicly filled your diapers. Our reaction if approached politely in private is not the same as our reaction when declared on in public. All you did by throwing a tantrum was to unite us around Nizzy.

This, i should point out, is why your entire foreign policy direction fails, and probably why nobody wants you as a protectorate. You use a sledgehammer to crack a nut. You react at full strength (with all guns blazing nuclear war) to a situation that for all you know could have been solved in ten minutes on IRC. Most alliances are much more friendly when you approach them with a problem rather than scream the problem in public. The moment you made this a huge public thing ad said you were going to nuke us, any desire we might have had to settle this amicably went away.

You brought this on yourselves, and you need to accept that before your alliance can move on.

That's it, get out of our declaration thread unless you've got a love for brains, so chimp your ok to post.

Lets end this discussion and enjoy the beuty that is the nuclear weapon.

Best of luck GOONS, fight well, fight hard.

That's it, get out of our declaration thread unless you've got a love for brains, so chimp your ok to post.

Lets end this discussion and enjoy the beauty that is the nuclear weapon.

Best of luck GOONS, fight well, fight hard.

MOO... brains!