Countdown to Athens Rep Payment

Bilrow

Athens discusses reparations with Knights of Ni! While debating the amount that should be given X# of post take place.

The money that NPO owes Athens is still considered Athens money, is it not? Then why would you assume this is coming out of NPO's pocket?

You further emphasize that we are not going to pay reparations. Even though an agreement has been reached. Discussing the best possible methods of buying donations does take time, but then again I don;t think you can grasp that concept.

You further emphasize that we are not going to pay reparations. Even though an agreement has been reached. Discussing the best possible methods of buying donations does take time, but then again I don;t think you can grasp that concept.

You emphasize that you can do the job better than any Athens member possibly can, but fail to offer any real solution to the problem. Which is once again not helping the situation only irritating the parties involved.

You further emphasize that we are not going to pay reparations. Even though an agreement has been reached. Discussing the best possible methods of buying donations does take time, but then again I don;t think you can grasp that concept. .

I got you covered Tygaland.

Repeating the same thing over and over really doesn't help you here, being that half the time what you repeated doesn't even apply. But I'll play this game and hit each point anyway.

I was forced to repeat the question on whether or not NPO would be paying Athens reparations twice due to members of Athens posting after I posted it the first time and ignoring it.

I have already covered a large number of times what the difference is between NPO sending money to the Knights of Ni! and Athens using its own nations to pay the reparations. Please read through the entire thread yourself.

This quote does not say in it anywhere that Athens will not be paying the reps. It was further clarifying another person's post due to it being unclear, as well as stating the fact that Athens, at that time, had not begun paying any reparations. It also was not a question directed at Athens at all, but a response to a post by Tygaland.

The next two posts are also to Tygaland and both a part of the same conversation. In neither one do I say that Athens will not be paying the reparations. It was a misunderstanding on my part of something that Tygaland had said. I mistook his post to say that it was not possible for Athens to begin paying reparations until they had posted the agreed amount in public, which I found to be an entirely silly idea, as it is clearly physically possible for them to begin paying whenever they want, regardless of whether or not the amount is posted in public. It was cleared up later and I admitted I mistook the post from Tygaland.

This post was a joke. Emphasized by the :awesome: .

Once again, I do not say that you are not going to be paying any reparations. No matter how many times you repeat that line, it does not make it true. I never once said that. I simply said that it made very little sense that it had taken this long to organize aid slots, which I assumed were being used based on reading posts from people in Athens, because there were so few people in the Knights of Ni!. Being that the agreement was NOT all donations, it stands to reason you could have begun sending the technology by this point, as it had been 43 hours since an agreement was reached, according to Athens.

And again, I didn't say that you are not going to be paying reparations. It once again stands to reason that you would have organized which nations were going to be sending technology in the time during which Athens said the Knights of Ni! were inactive. Also, once again, the agreement is NOT all donations, so you could have had technology being sent out immediately after an agreement was reached.

Finally, this last quote literally has nothing at all to do with anything, and some of those STILL weren't questions, which is what Tygaland had accused me of repeating.

Edited by Jonathan Brookbank

• Replies 853
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tick you cant argue that Athens didnt have their fun with this. JB is correct with his statement that he had to ask multiple times before he got the real answer. Everyone following this subject was led on through a serious of Athens side steps and half stories. If either you, athens, or the inactive victims posted a report about what was happening then this would have been done days ago. But you chose not to leading to more questions. You caused this yourself so stop trying to prove otherwise

Edited by Caesar833

Tick you cant argue that Athens had their fun with this. JB is correct with his statement that he had to ask multiple times before he got the real answer. Everyone following this subject was led on through a serious of Athens side steps and half stories. If either you, athens, or the inactive victims posted a report about what was happening then this would have been done days ago. But you chose not to leading to more questions. You caused this yourself so stop trying to prove otherwise

I'll revert you back to this post, Click Here

Tick you cant argue that Athens had their fun with this. JB is correct with his statement that he had to ask multiple times before he got the real answer. Everyone following this subject was led on through a serious of Athens side steps and half stories. If either you, athens, or the inactive victims posted a report about what was happening then this would have been done days ago. But you chose not to leading to more questions. You caused this yourself so stop trying to prove otherwise

Can I argue it then? I think this was one of the funniest threads I've ever been a part of. That was the only real reason I stayed involved past my serious posts at the start of the thread.

Also, you might want to check again about everyone being led on. People who were actually interested asked privately like I asked and *GASP* I told all of them. (except Sir Paul, but not for reasons you think. Stay tuned :ph34r: ) Your own gov knew the terms a couple days ago shortly after we reached a deal simply because one of them asked. I think someone from Argent asked, but I might be confusing them with someone else. A decent chunk of SF gov also knew the terms. I assume that most of the gov in the major blocs knew the terms through those people.

I'm starting to wonder if you read this thread at all. After Athens answered the two questions, the two questions being 1) Are you going to pay the reps? and 2) Are you going to pay the reps with your own nations? I stopped asking the questions. The rest of my time in this thread was spent pointing out that people are ignorant for ignoring the message simply because of who brought the message forward, not "making the same inane comments throughout." And I'm not trying to smear anyone, I was trying to leave. You are the one who continued with the "holier than thou" style and I defended myself against your ignorant post.

The only people in this thread that were acting "holier-than-thou" were the people repeatedly accusing Athens of things they were not guilty of and screeching about them paying reparations that were yet to be agreed to because they thought they could score some points off Athens in the process. This was established within the first few pages of the discussion. The rest is back and forth between people pointing that out and those refusing to acknowledge it.

If you wanted to leave you could have left the discussion long ago. But you had to keep coming back to badger Athens about things that were none of your business and were being handled by Athens, FoB and KoN via private channels as is their right. But you and others demanded to be in the loop and when Athens told you to jam it you started harrassing them about payments that were, again, none of your business. I don't blame them. Your sanctimonious attitude would have had me inclined to tell you to jam it too.

I look forward to your beligerent presence in any future minor issues between alliances you are not involved in.

Edited by Tygaland

Can I argue it then? I think this was one of the funniest threads I've ever been a part of. That was the only real reason I stayed involved past my serious posts at the start of the thread.

Also, you might want to check again about everyone being led on. People who were actually interested asked privately like I asked and *GASP* I told all of them. (except Sir Paul, but not for reasons you think. Stay tuned :ph34r: ) Your own gov knew the terms a couple days ago shortly after we reached a deal simply because one of them asked. I think someone from Argent asked, but I might be confusing them with someone else. A decent chunk of SF gov also knew the terms. I assume that most of the gov in the major blocs knew the terms through those people.

I believe what Caesar is talking about, and correct me if I'm wrong Caesar, is this thread. In this thread people were misled, given the run around, and even threatened. I will repeat, as I said in what I hoped to be my final post in this mess, that both you and a Knights of Ni! representative did inform me of the truth when I sent you private messages, but I do think it could have been handled better if everything would have been public in the first place. But everyone has a different style, I suppose, and who are we to tell you otherwise if you want to get some bad PR by joking around about a serious matter? Whether or not you take the agreement public is up to you. Whether or not the agreement comes out in public is up to...well, everyone who knows now, I guess. I suppose any number of us could make a new announcement with it. But that just seems rather silly.

The only people in this thread that were acting "holier-than-thou" were the people repeatedly accusing Athens of things they were not guilty of and screeching about them paying reparations that were yet to be agreed to because they thought they could score some points off Athens in the process. This was established within the first few pages of the discussion. The rest is back and forth between people pointing that out and those refusing to acknowledge it.

If you wanted to leave you could have left the discussion long ago. But you had to keep coming back to badger Athens about things that were none of your business and were being handled by Athens, FoB and KoN via private channels as is their right. But you and others demanded to be in the loop and when Athens told you to jam it you started harrassing them about payments that were, again, none of your business. I don't blame them. Your sanctimonious attitude would have had me inclined to tell you to jam it too.

I look forward to your beligerent presence in any future minor issues between alliances you are not involved in.

OK, so you DIDN'T read this thread then. This post of yours pretty much proves you haven't.

EDIT: How did I get two in a row again? There were multiple people posting here. Argh.

I believe what Caesar is talking about, and correct me if I'm wrong Caesar, is this thread. In this thread people were misled, given the run around, and even threatened. I will repeat, as I said in what I hoped to be my final post in this mess, that both you and a Knights of Ni! representative did inform me of the truth when I sent you private messages, but I do think it could have been handled better if everything would have been public in the first place. But everyone has a different style, I suppose, and who are we to tell you otherwise if you want to get some bad PR by joking around about a serious matter? Whether or not you take the agreement public is up to you. Whether or not the agreement comes out in public is up to...well, everyone who knows now, I guess. I suppose any number of us could make a new announcement with it. But that just seems rather silly.

Yep you are exactly right.

Edit: I was saying that athens did in fact have fun with this thread rsox. It was just worded poorly

Edited by Caesar833

OK, so you DIDN'T read this thread then. This post of yours pretty much proves you haven't.

EDIT: How did I get two in a row again? There were multiple people posting here. Argh.

I read the thread in its entirity as evidenced by my posts scattered within. Your attempts to deflect are unsuccessful.

I read the thread in its entirity as evidenced by my posts scattered within. Your attempts to deflect are unsuccessful.

If you had read it, then you wouldn't be incorrectly attributing things to me, either mistakenly or purposefully in order to cast me in a negative light. I'll assume it's the former.

I'll go ahead and repeat myself here, even though I've already said this numerous times just on this page, but after Athens answered the questions, I stopped asking them. I didn't harass them further about the same questions. I spent most of my time in this thread calling people out for being ignorant by ignoring the message in favor of attacking the character of the original messenger and his alliance. Then, when it appeared no reparations were being paid despite it having been almost two full days since an agreement was reached (which no technology had been sent, which IS a part of the reparations), I spoke up again to attempt to get Athens to answer again. I ended up just private messaging both a Knights of Ni! government member and an Athens government member and getting independent confirmation. After that, I posted what I hoped to be my final post, to which you responded in a very poor form for reasons I can not ascertain. I've spent the time since then defending myself from the incorrect statements that have been said about me since.

And, I'll repeat one more time, just for you, but justice is everyone's business.

If you had read it, then you wouldn't be incorrectly attributing things to me, either mistakenly or purposefully in order to cast me in a negative light. I'll assume it's the former.

I'll go ahead and repeat myself here, even though I've already said this numerous times just on this page, but after Athens answered the questions, I stopped asking them. I didn't harass them further about the same questions. I spent most of my time in this thread calling people out for being ignorant by ignoring the message in favor of attacking the character of the original messenger and his alliance. Then, when it appeared no reparations were being paid despite it having been almost two full days since an agreement was reached (which no technology had been sent, which IS a part of the reparations), I spoke up again to attempt to get Athens to answer again. I ended up just private messaging both a Knights of Ni! government member and an Athens government member and getting independent confirmation. After that, I posted what I hoped to be my final post, to which you responded in a very poor form for reasons I can not ascertain. I've spent the time since then defending myself from the incorrect statements that have been said about me since.

Perhaps next time you'll show Athens some courtesy and ask them privately before you get on your soapbox screaming about injustice that was not occurring. You did things the wrong way around. Scream and yell about injustice then go and ask if what you were complaining about was actually happening.

I, on the other hand, was happy to let Athens, FoB and KoN sort out their own issue in the manner they wished. And for that you label me "pompous". Heh.

Yet Brookbank and Co. continued making the same inane comments throughout despite this information being readliy available. Their motivation, therefore, was not to help KoN get a "fair deal" or to keep Athens honest. It was to smear Athens and create scandal where none existed. It is highly amusing to see Mr.Brookbank now trying to smear those that stood firm in the face of his illogical crusade.

Resolution to the satisfaction of all parties involved was reached despite the actions of Brookbank and other assorted rabble-rousers, not because of them.

Actually KoN was flattered by all the attention they were getting and at no point did they seem concerned that anything said in this or any other thread by their supporters, self-appointed or otherwise, had any negative effect on the negotiations. If Athens allowed it to have a negative effect, that would be unfortunate and unjustified.

As for "creating a scandal", that began when Athens & Co. screwed up and attacked KoN. This thread and similar ones do not take place without that act. Athens smeared itself rather nicely, nothing that Brookbank or anyone else could do would ever top that.

As your participation in this and other threads related to this topic, your steady supply of insults to a vareity of people threw large amounts of gasoline on what was already going to be a pretty heated thread. That you would have actually have the arrogance to bash others for fanning the flames and pretend to be some sort of heroic defender of Athens is complete and utter bovine scatology. I rarely agree with Brookbank on anything, but in this case he seems to have it right: shut your pie hole. I'm damn well shutting mine on this topic. Athens is finally paying the reps, FoB is happy, therefore everyone has lost any reason to argue in this thread and any cause for this thread to continue has ceased.

a lot of words I didn't read (but don't feel bad, I didn't read Tick's either)

And, I'll repeat one more time, just for you, but justice is everyone's business.

Since this thread was about the reps, I can assume you're basically saying it would have been unjust of Athens to deny Ni reps.

1. We said from the start we would send reps.

2. Can you imagine the PR !@#$ storm if we didn't?

There was a 0% chance we wouldn't pay reps and we quickly put rumors of making NPO pay to rest. Anything after that was just agendas.

Actually KoN was flattered by all the attention they were getting and at no point did they seem concerned that anything said in this or any other thread by their supporters, self-appointed or otherwise, had any negative effect on the negotiations. If Athens allowed it to have a negative effect, that would be unfortunate and unjustified.

Where did I say anything to that effect occurred? It was Athens who were being lambasted, not KoN.

As for "creating a scandal", that began when Athens & Co. screwed up and attacked KoN. This thread and similar ones do not take place without that act. Athens smeared itself rather nicely, nothing that Brookbank or anyone else could do would ever top that.

Yes, a scandal that was being sorted out between those involved until this thread needlessly brought it to the fore again. If you can point out to me where I supported Athens' raid on KoN, be my guest. Other than that, it is irrelevant to this discussion. This discussion was posted to claim Athens was not going to pay reps when it is clear they are and were working on an agreement when this discussion was opened. If you want to smear Athens for the raid, knock yourself out. For not paying reps, not so much.

As your participation in this and other threads related to this topic, your steady supply of insults to a vareity of people threw large amounts of gasoline on what was already going to be a pretty heated thread.

What insults were they Hal? Saying your comments were stupid? That isn't an insult.

That you would have actually have the arrogance to bash others for fanning the flames and pretend to be some sort of heroic defender of Athens is complete and utter bovine scatology.

What flames have I fanned? As for heroic defender of Athens, I don't see myself claiming that role nor fulfilling it. I merely posted that the aggressive accusations directed towards Athens (and that is what this thread was created for) were unnecessary and not really conducive to resolving the issue.

I rarely agree with Brookbank on anything, but in this case he seems to have it right: shut your pie hole. I'm damn well shutting mine on this topic. Athens is finally paying the reps, FoB is happy, therefore everyone has lost any reason to argue in this thread and any cause for this thread to continue has ceased.

No one had a reason to argue in it in the first place. Athens, FoB and KoN are more than capable of sorting out their own issues as has proven to be the case. They are "finally" paying their reps because they have "finally" agreed on an amount and a payment scheme. Something they would have arived at even without this monstrosity of a thread.

Tick you cant argue that Athens didnt have their fun with this. JB is correct with his statement that he had to ask multiple times before he got the real answer. Everyone following this subject was led on through a serious of Athens side steps and half stories. If either you, athens, or the inactive victims posted a report about what was happening then this would have been done days ago. But you chose not to leading to more questions. You caused this yourself so stop trying to prove otherwise
From what I've read throughout this thread the debate seemed to end about five pages or so back. The only reason I don't grasp what you are getting at is because you could have always reached us in private, but you insisted on contacting us publicly. From what I remember Bob Janova was quite happy with the information I provided him. So if the knowledge is out there why do you people insist on being fed from a silver spoon?

While living above the expectations of people is a great standard, it has come to my attention that we've been perceived as less than what you believe we are. So in order to live up to the public's eye I feel we deemed it necessary to feed these people and their hunger for a "PR" bonus this week. Could there have been a better method taken? Yes. Can we change that method taken after its been taken? No. I feel someone should learn when to take their loses and leave. Further dragging this topic out when the damage has already been done, seems like complete nonsense in my opinion, but people continue to ask the same questions for multiple pages. So how am I supposed to answer the same question for ten pages when the answer is on the first page? Once again I will quote myself, "So if the knowledge is out there why do you people insist on being fed from a silver spoon?"

Thank you for your post and please don't be afraid to contact anyone that may be able to provide you with information.

Real mature. Im done trying

Well I figured I'd color code my previous post to help you understand this.

Anything posted in the same color relates to each other.

YOU'VE JUST BEEN FED BY THE SILVER SPOON! BE PROUD OF IT!

a%20silver%20spoon.jpg

Edited by Tick1

Perhaps next time you'll show Athens some courtesy and ask them privately before you get on your soapbox screaming about injustice that was not occurring. You did things the wrong way around. Scream and yell about injustice then go and ask if what you were complaining about was actually happening.

I, on the other hand, was happy to let Athens, FoB and KoN sort out their own issue in the manner they wished. And for that you label me "pompous". Heh.

Once again, you seem intent on proving you didn't bother to read the thread. Asking questions is not getting on my "soapbox screaming about injustice." I labeled you pompous because you have as little to do with this situation as anyone else in here, yet you continue to post and to act as though you are better than everyone and "worthy" of taking part in the situation.

Since this thread was about the reps, I can assume you're basically saying it would have been unjust of Athens to deny Ni reps.

1. We said from the start we would send reps.

2. Can you imagine the PR !@#$ storm if we didn't?

There was a 0% chance we wouldn't pay reps and we quickly put rumors of making NPO pay to rest. Anything after that was just agendas.

This is why I stopped asking if you were going to send reparations after Athens answered my question. After almost 48 hours had passed since the agreement had been reached and no aid packages had gone out, I asked in private what the agreement was.

a%20silver%20spoon.jpg

Your posts make as much sense as Silverhawk when he said the GGA didn't need military wonders because the NPO would protect them. I hope for FoB's sake you aren't their best member and that you don't hold any government position.

Your posts make as much sense as Silverhawk when he said the GGA didn't need military wonders because the NPO would protect them. I hope for FoB's sake you aren't their best member and that you don't hold any government position.

I thought the color-coding made sense.

Please read through this sentence multiple times before posting.

You're an infant who is unable to obtain food for himself, so instead you rely on people to feed you the food.

-Or-

You have not yet gained the ability to obtain knowledge for yourself, so instead you rely on others to provide that information.

(Via Publicly)

Edited by Tick1

Good to know that's what Athen's is all about. I guess honor is something of an unknown factor for you guys.

I think you missed the point I was trying to make. I already know why we paid reps.

If I were an outsider, I would have read our statement that reps would be paid and I would have believed it because it would have been a disaster for Athens not to pay after we publicly announced we would. That's why pretty much everyone who had a couple spare braincells and a little bit of independence didn't jump into this thread throwing punches at Athens. They knew we had to pay or we'd lose all credibility.

This was all rendered moot in the first 2-3 pages when we responded that yes we'd be paying and no it wouldn't be coming from NPO. That was all we needed to say and now that reps have been decided and announced, anything else is just people grasping at straws. (hint: you)

Edited by rsoxbronco1

Please read through this sentence multiple times before posting.

You're an infant who is unable to obtain food for himself, so instead you rely on people to feed you the food.

-Or-

You have not yet gained the ability to obtain knowledge for yourself, so instead you rely on others to provide that information.

(Via Publicly)

You literally make no sense at all. Please, for your own sake, ask someone else to check over what you're going to say before you put it out in public.

a%20silver%20spoon.jpg

Wow and i thought you had an immature argument earlier. This beats it.

The whole point that we could have asked in private is correct. BUT you also could have just posted it in this nice public thread and stopped it all days ago. That is my point here and it is indisputable.