Countdown to Athens Rep Payment

Bilrow

Why is everyone still on this topic? You guys are like a bunch of gnats at a BBQ, you just bug the hell outta everyone. Just drop it!!!

Is this topic going to make an impact? No...

Does Athens care what you guys think? No...

Does Athens allies care what you guys think? I know I dont

Are reps going to be paid? Yes...

• Replies 853
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why is everyone still on this topic? You guys are like a bunch of gnats at a BBQ, you just bug the hell outta everyone. Just drop it!!!

Is this topic going to make an impact? No...

Does Athens care what you guys think? No...

Does Athens allies care what you guys think? I know I dont

Are reps going to be paid? Yes...

WOW, your post is almost a carbon copy of past post by NPO commenting on a VOX thread, well done.

WOW, your post is almost a carbon copy of past post by NPO commenting on a VOX thread, well done.
"No one cares!"

"This thread is irrelevant!"

"We don't care what you think!"

"do you really think this will make a difference!!??!?!"

I am really trying to figure out why this all sounds so familiar.....

I'm glad I'm not the only one seeing similarities in the posting style of the "Karma" bunch and old NPO posts.

I'm glad I'm not the only one seeing similarities in the posting style of the "Karma" bunch and old NPO posts.

It is kinda absurd how close they are sometimes. Fortunately most of the good alliances split themselves from the "karma core"

What was the point of Karma? The answer will bring me to my next post. :D

*sets trap*

What was the point of Karma? The answer will bring me to my next post. :D

*sets trap*

The point of Karma for many it seems was just a power grab, for many others it was revenge, and for a very select few it was to actually do the things they said they wanted.

I do await your trap though which I am sure includes an opinion much more informed than mine.

"No one cares!"

"This thread is irrelevant!"

"We don't care what you think!"

"do you really think this will make a difference!!??!?!"

I am really trying to figure out why this all sounds so familiar.....

Except for the fact that they, you know, are doing the right thing.

This thread is irrelevant, as they did the right thing and were doing it before that. It has nothing to do with brushing the issue to the side, but that they were already doing what they should be doing.

Of course they don't care what you think since this entire thread has been an effort to put Athens in a negative light, not at one point in this thread has that been justified. They made a mistake, and they are paying for it with reparations unlike anything NPO or the Hegemony did.

It won't make a difference because they were already doing the right thing..

There hasn't been a single post in this thread that has done anything to change Athens or FoB's stance because they were doing what they felt was right given the situation in the first place. They made a mistake, they are going to be making up for it. The fact that you and others fail to accept this acceptance of the mistake they made (unlike the hegemony did) and the willingness to make up for it (unlike the Hegemony did) is pathetic and just comes out as biased and quite ignorant statements.

If this thread was ever needed from your opinion, it is not anymore. Reparations have been announced by KoN! and they are quite happy with them and how they were handled from the OP of that announcement. This thread now serves no point as Athens is searching for people for the donation deals and will be getting them done for KoN!. That is what matters here, not anything foolish. I look forward to my own personal future interactions with KoN! as they have shown themselves to be an alliance that is honorable and reasonable. Hopefully some of you can learn from their example, but I doubt it.

The point of Karma is not what is at debate here, but I will state what it was for the alliance I was in. For Nemesis, it was to support our allies and do whatever they wanted from us. That is why we were engaged in Karma, not for "Karma" or for revenge or for power, but for our allies.

From an outsiders perspective, I'd say the answer to you're question is, "pointless"

Lol, If I was you, I wouldn't answer it either.

The point of Karma for many it seems was just a power grab, for many others it was revenge, and for a very select few it was to actually do the things they said they wanted.

I do await your trap though which I am sure includes an opinion much more informed than mine.

Well, the reason many ppl fought in the Karma war including myself, is simple. We were tired of NPO picking on every single small alliance they could find. Doing so takes a coward. Now, everyone is mad because they got rolled, so they figure what the hell... lets cry to the world of bob. We'll we dont care for your tears... It was your mistake. Comparing anyone who fought agianst the tyrants, is just stupidity. You dont see Sparta out attacking small alliances just for fun, Just because we want to look big... The reason is, We aren't cowards. Athens and FoB attacked KoN and even they are paying reps for their mistake... I dare you to show me where you "COWARDS" paid anything to any small alliance you attacked unjustly.

Words did not get you owned, it was your actions.

Well, the reason many ppl fought in the Karma war including myself, is simple. We were tired of NPO picking on every single small alliance they could find. Doing so takes a coward. Now, everyone is mad because they got rolled, so they figure what the hell... lets cry to the world of bob. We'll we dont care for your tears... It was your mistake. Comparing anyone who fought agianst the tyrants, is just stupidity. You dont see Sparta out attacking small alliances just for fun, Just because we want to look big... The reason is, We aren't cowards. Athens and FoB attacked KoN and even they are paying reps for their mistake... I dare you to show me where you "COWARDS" paid anything to any small alliance you attacked unjustly.

Man oh man, I did answer, in the end the ideals of karma have become pointless, same treatment different name.

As to cowards, you don't know my history, you don't know what I have or have not contributed. I was not in the NPO until after your "KARMA" war.

I dare you to back through this and the other Athens/KofN threads and then through this line out again

We were tired of NPO picking on every single small alliance they could find
when the stated reason Athens attacked KofN is because
raids are getting harder to find
Like I said same treatment, different name. Enjoy your role in the new Hegemony.

Except for the fact that they, you know, are doing the right thing.

This thread is irrelevant, as they did the right thing and were doing it before that. It has nothing to do with brushing the issue to the side, but that they were already doing what they should be doing.

Of course they don't care what you think since this entire thread has been an effort to put Athens in a negative light, not at one point in this thread has that been justified. They made a mistake, and they are paying for it with reparations unlike anything NPO or the Hegemony did.

It won't make a difference because they were already doing the right thing..

Discussing current events is never irrelevant. The possible motives of the OP aside, he raise a point and instead of that point being addressed it was wholly dismissed for the vast majority of the thread and met with sarcasm and condescending responses.

Athens handled their reps with Ni just fine and you don't see me saying otherwise anywhere (with the exception of thinking that they were deducting reps because of Bilrow which they quickly clarified was a joke).

The way they handled this thread however was arrogant and very reminiscent of the attitude displayed by the Hegemony. Notice I do not say they handled Ni the way the Hegemony did only that they acted to concerned third parties in the same way.

There hasn't been a single post in this thread that has done anything to change Athens or FoB's stance because they were doing what they felt was right given the situation in the first place. They made a mistake, they are going to be making up for it. The fact that you and others fail to accept this acceptance of the mistake they made (unlike the hegemony did) and the willingness to make up for it (unlike the Hegemony did) is pathetic and just comes out as biased and quite ignorant statements.

whether peoples posts made a difference or not does not mean that responding in a dismissive arrogant manner is the right thing to do.

If this thread was ever needed from your opinion, it is not anymore. Reparations have been announced by KoN! and they are quite happy with them and how they were handled from the OP of that announcement. This thread now serves no point as Athens is searching for people for the donation deals and will be getting them done for KoN!. That is what matters here, not anything foolish. I look forward to my own personal future interactions with KoN! as they have shown themselves to be an alliance that is honorable and reasonable. Hopefully some of you can learn from their example, but I doubt it.

Again my issue was never with the reps, and I do not feel I need to learn anything from the way Athen's handled any of this since I would not have been dumb enough to get myself in the situation to begin with.

The point of Karma is not what is at debate here, but I will state what it was for the alliance I was in. For Nemesis, it was to support our allies and do whatever they wanted from us. That is why we were engaged in Karma, not for "Karma" or for revenge or for power, but for our allies.

Well than I guess that would put you and Nemesis in the select few category of my example, since you fought for the reasons you said you did.

I love how you respond to me as if I did not fight for Karma, as if I was not in Karma government writing up target lists and watching my nation burn for it, as if I didn't provide some of the most used propaganda in the war. I have sacrificed more for what I believe in in this world then you have ever lost in your existence here so I wouldn't be calling me a coward.

*snip*

See, the thing about it is, NPO was not only known for their actions, but also for their presence here and attempts to stifle free speech and any questions about their actions. This has been seen a number of times by Athens and others in this mess. Also, it's impossible to know whether Athens would have actually bothered to pay reparations had this not been brought to the public, as they made the choice to attacked an alliance with no provocation in the first place.

You know, I typically avoid just throwing out insults, but you're an idiot. I was never in NPO and never supported any of their actions over the last two years. Same can be said for Merrie Melodies (until after the "Karma" War) and I believe Srqt as well. In fact, all three of us took part in Vox Populi and various other actions AGAINST the NPO. The main difference between us and you is that we didn't change our tactics once the NPO was gone. We still stand up for justice and speak out against injustices. Too bad that can't be said for most of "Karma" now.

Man oh man, I did answer, in the end the ideals of karma have become pointless, same treatment different name.

As to cowards, you don't know my history, you don't know what I have or have not contributed. I was not in the NPO until after your "KARMA" war.

I dare you to back through this and the other Athens/KofN threads and then through this line out again when the stated reason Athens attacked KofN is because Like I said same treatment, different name. Enjoy your role in the new Hegemony.

Athens is paying for their ONE mistake, they have changed policies, and have started down the right path... NPO made several mistakes, was given the chance to make them right, and refused... I hardly see where Athens is anything like NPO. If you can show me where NPO paid for picking on smaller alliances other than being owned in the end, then maybe that would help.

See, the thing about it is, NPO was not only known for their actions, but also for their presence here and attempts to stifle free speech and any questions about their actions. This has been seen a number of times by Athens and others in this mess. Also, it's impossible to know whether Athens would have actually bothered to pay reparations had this not been brought to the public, as they made the choice to attacked an alliance with no provocation in the first place.

So trying to quiet a person who has no purpose being involved when the situation was handled is bad and who was only posting for the sole attempt of hurting Athens.

And yes, they would have. I asked rsox a few days before this thread was created the status on reparations and I was told that they were being negotiated. You just tried yet again to paint Athens in a bad light by stating that they were possibly maliciously withholding this information when the government of KoN! thanked them for their handling of the situation etc and was quite impressed in my opinion with their handling of it after they attacked them and realized it was a dumb move. They are an honorable alliance, and your attempts to make them seem otherwise are useless and just show that you yourself have issues with them. KoN! is the people who have a damn good person to be upset with Athens/FoB, and they are fine with them and the reps they are paying. Why does it matter to you?

You know, I typically avoid just throwing out insults, but you're an idiot. I was never in NPO and never supported any of their actions over the last two years. Same can be said for Merrie Melodies (until after the "Karma" War) and I believe Srqt as well. In fact, all three of us took part in Vox Populi and various other actions AGAINST the NPO. The main difference between us and you is that we didn't change our tactics once the NPO was gone. We still stand up for justice and speak out against injustices. Too bad that can't be said for most of "Karma" now.

I don't feel that in any way you are correct here. You are not speaking out against an injustice but speaking out when justice has already been served. I thought Athens move was a terrible one and I told them such as well. Rsox and much of Athens was internally upset about what happened and they have made efforts to assure it never happens again. I have spoken out against the injustice of their attacks via channels directly talking to Athens and hearing what Londo and rsox had to say about it, and I have to state that what they have said has very clearly reassured me that this will never happen again. They have stopped their injustice, and yet people like you and Merrie Melodies and Srqt have been ripping on them when the issue is resolved. If they were still here telling you all that they weren't going to pay reparations you would be clearly in the right here. However, they aren't nor have they said anything different throughout the whole thread. They have done their best to be apologetic towards KoN! who deserves it and ripped on the rest of you attempting to become involved when it does not concern you at all.

In summation, KoN! and Athens/FoB are fine. Everyone else should be fine, unless this situation occurs again. Then and only then may you state that Athens/FoB are becoming what they fought against, when it is a PATTERN of behavior and not a single mistake that they have made amends for and assured won't happen again. If they break that promise, I will not be here defending them next time, for they will have broken the faith that I have in them. That being said, it will not happen again.

I understand your concerns JB and Srqt, but I think you are putting too much in the words and not enough in the actions. They are doing what is right, and that is commendable. As long as they continue to do so and don't break form, they will not become like the Hegemony. I know you fear for a return to that era, but no one here was attacked for their actions, and no one here was talked to in private (from my knowledge) and threatened if they didn't stop posting. Athens and FoB have been upset because its difficult to be told by people that you were not doing something (working towards reps) when you were struggling to get them worked through.

If you wish to see my conversation with rsox regarding the reps a few days before this thread was posted I would be perfectly willing to show it to you, just contact me privately.

Discussing current events is never irrelevant. The possible motives of the OP aside, he raise a point and instead of that point being addressed it was wholly dismissed for the vast majority of the thread and met with sarcasm and condescending responses.

It isn't that weird when his only intention was to smear Athens, as was obvious from the way he went about with his post.

He showed as such when the point was addressed by Athens government but he kept going on.

Furthermore, Athens had already announced that they were paying reps and publicly apologized for the attack, leaving very little reason for anyone to discuss the matter publicly but for those who (are most likely to) have ulterior motives.

Edited by Tromp

Has anyone complained about how awful the Unjust War was yet? If not, please do so now so this thread can cover all topics in CN history. I don't think anyone betrayed the Gremlins yet either. Some-Guy, get on that.

The only war you'll see me complain about is the GPA war.

Regrets, I've had a few.

Edited by Some-Guy

So trying to quiet a person who has no purpose being involved when the situation was handled is bad and who was only posting for the sole attempt of hurting Athens.

And yes, they would have. I asked rsox a few days before this thread was created the status on reparations and I was told that they were being negotiated. You just tried yet again to paint Athens in a bad light by stating that they were possibly maliciously withholding this information when the government of KoN! thanked them for their handling of the situation etc and was quite impressed in my opinion with their handling of it after they attacked them and realized it was a dumb move. They are an honorable alliance, and your attempts to make them seem otherwise are useless and just show that you yourself have issues with them. KoN! is the people who have a damn good person to be upset with Athens/FoB, and they are fine with them and the reps they are paying. Why does it matter to you?

As I have said numerous times, justice is everyone's business, so we all had a reason to be here until the questions were answered. Also, I had no intention of hurting Athens at all. I have friends in Athens and for a long time considered them one of the better alliances on Planet Bob.

As for the second point, the fact that I said it was impossible to know is two things: 1) a reference both to the original attack being brought to the public as well as this thread and 2) not an attempt to paint them in a bad light. It literally is impossible to know whether they had planned to pay any reparations for the original attack had the unprovoked war not been brought to the public's attention. I sincerely doubt they would war an alliance with the plans to pay reparations already in their head in the first place. That would not be a profitable enterprise at all.

I don't feel that in any way you are correct here. You are not speaking out against an injustice but speaking out when justice has already been served. I thought Athens move was a terrible one and I told them such as well. Rsox and much of Athens was internally upset about what happened and they have made efforts to assure it never happens again. I have spoken out against the injustice of their attacks via channels directly talking to Athens and hearing what Londo and rsox had to say about it, and I have to state that what they have said has very clearly reassured me that this will never happen again. They have stopped their injustice, and yet people like you and Merrie Melodies and Srqt have been ripping on them when the issue is resolved. If they were still here telling you all that they weren't going to pay reparations you would be clearly in the right here. However, they aren't nor have they said anything different throughout the whole thread. They have done their best to be apologetic towards KoN! who deserves it and ripped on the rest of you attempting to become involved when it does not concern you at all.

In summation, KoN! and Athens/FoB are fine. Everyone else should be fine, unless this situation occurs again. Then and only then may you state that Athens/FoB are becoming what they fought against, when it is a PATTERN of behavior and not a single mistake that they have made amends for and assured won't happen again. If they break that promise, I will not be here defending them next time, for they will have broken the faith that I have in them. That being said, it will not happen again.

I understand your concerns JB and Srqt, but I think you are putting too much in the words and not enough in the actions. They are doing what is right, and that is commendable. As long as they continue to do so and don't break form, they will not become like the Hegemony. I know you fear for a return to that era, but no one here was attacked for their actions, and no one here was talked to in private (from my knowledge) and threatened if they didn't stop posting. Athens and FoB have been upset because its difficult to be told by people that you were not doing something (working towards reps) when you were struggling to get them worked through.

If you wish to see my conversation with rsox regarding the reps a few days before this thread was posted I would be perfectly willing to show it to you, just contact me privately.

As I said to Tygaland and that FoB member a number of times, I stopped questioning whether reparations would be paid and whether they would be paid by Athens after the questions were answered. Since then I've spent my time here pointing out the ridiculous nature of threatening to remove reparations due to someone talking, the character attacks on Bilrow, and the nonchalant "we're too good for you so we don't need to tell you" and side-stepping going on. I tried to leave this thread yesterday but Tygaland and the FoB guy decided to say incorrect things about me and I felt the need to defend myself.

As for the matter of words versus actions, I understand that the action is extremely important, but you seem to be undervaluing the words. People complained for YEARS about the attitude and way in which NPO talked to their detractors or anyone who even questioned them. The fact that Athens and others formerly a part of "Karma" have seemingly adopted the same attitude should be far more concerning to anyone who actually fought in the "Karma" War for any sort of justice or removal of that behavior from Planet Bob. I once again wish to thank the Athens member who told me in private of the agreement, but the posturing in this thread is on the same level of that of the NPO in the past.

The only war you'll see me complain about is the GPA war.

Regrets, I've had a few.

Oh, you can leave the UJW war complaints to whoever. I just need you to mention how you're betraying the Gremlins so I can get BINGO on my CN meme edition sheet for this thread.

wall of text

Way to make it sound like I'm reasonable and enjoy talking to people.

As I said to Tygaland and that FoB member a number of times, I stopped questioning whether reparations would be paid and whether they would be paid by Athens after the questions were answered. Since then I've spent my time here pointing out the ridiculous nature of threatening to remove reparations due to someone talking, the character attacks on Bilrow, and the nonchalant "we're too good for you so we don't need to tell you" and side-stepping going on. I tried to leave this thread yesterday but Tygaland and the FoB guy decided to say incorrect things about me and I felt the need to defend myself.

As for the matter of words versus actions, I understand that the action is extremely important, but you seem to be undervaluing the words. People complained for YEARS about the attitude and way in which NPO talked to their detractors or anyone who even questioned them. The fact that Athens and others formerly a part of "Karma" have seemingly adopted the same attitude should be far more concerning to anyone who actually fought in the "Karma" War for any sort of justice or removal of that behavior from Planet Bob. I once again wish to thank the Athens member who told me in private of the agreement, but the posturing in this thread is on the same level of that of the NPO in the past.

Thing is I'm the same person who told bilrow to be quiet or we'd deduct reps. I'm also the person who has done most of the talking for Athens in this thread. I'm also the person who told you the agreement in private.

So do you think I'm posturing or being helpful? I lost track a while ago.

Athens screwed up and they fixed it, good on them for that. now I think people are getting a bit too defensive toward the criticisms levied at them (granted I tend to be extreme and sarcastic in my responses so I guess I am partially to blame for the defensive responses.)

Here is the thing, do I think Athens is at the level of NPO? Not even close. Do I see some similarities in their attitude to that of the hegemony? I sure do.

The comments I made were more of a jab to get Athens to look at the way they are treating others in this thread and see how it puts them in the same light as people like NPO have in the past.

Instead of being dismissive to concerns they could have easily said "This is what we are doing" which would have been met with continued "you haven't done it yet" and then once you had done it you just say "This is what we did". No need for the condescending posting to people who are concerned, because in the end even though some of the posts here were form people with an agenda others were really from people who were concerned with your actions (for example I was actually ready to send aid to Ni if reps were deducted due to Bilrow).

Oh and Sponge is evil for making \m/ disband.

Edited by KingSrqt

Athens screwed up and they fixed it, good on them for that. now I think people are getting a bit too defensive toward the criticisms levied at them (granted I tend to be extreme and sarcastic in my responses so I guess I am partially to blame for the defensive responses.)

Here is the thing, do I think Athens is at the level of NPO? Not even close. Do I see some similarities in their attitude to that of the hegemony? I sure do.

The comments I made were more of a jab to get Athens to look at the way they are treating others in this thread and see how it puts them in the same light as people like NPO have in the past.

Instead of being dismissive to concerns they could have easily said "This is what we are doing" which would have been met with continued "you haven't done it yet" and then once you had done it you just say "This is what we did". No need for the condescending posting to people who are concerned, because in the end even though some of the posts here were form people with an agenda others were really from people who were concerned with your actions (for example I was actually ready to send aid to Ni if reps were deducted due to Bilrow).

Oh and Sponge is evil for making \m/ disband.

For the people who gave me the impression they were genuinely concerned about my posting in this thread, I immediately found them on IRC and clarified our position. This includes you, srqt, along with someone from NpO whose name I can't recall and a couple other people. Everyone else just tells me how funny they think it was. We said we were negotiating throughout this thread and now Ni has publicly stated our reaching of an agreement. Mission accomplished.

Ok we've got the UJW reference, Some-Guy I need a Gremlins betrayal

Edited by rsoxbronco1

For the people who gave me the impression they were genuinely concerned about my posting in this thread, I immediately found them on IRC and clarified our position. This includes you, srqt, along with someone from NpO whose name I can't recall and a couple other people. Everyone else just tells me how funny they think it was. We said we were negotiating throughout this thread and now Ni has publicly stated our reaching of an agreement. Mission accomplished.

Ok we've got the UJW reference, Some-Guy I need a Gremlins betrayal

Yes you did, and to be honest with you reading back through this thread I think most of the negativity and dismissal came from your allies as opposed to Athens specifically.

In the end if I had to give the way you guys handled this overall it would be positive. I just don't like the comments that I referenced earlier regardless of who they actually came from