Bilrow rips Cortath a new one

Jack Diorno

Well before you wet your pants, there is nothing too interesting here, I was just testing the wonders of google.com I managed to find something rather humurous to me, so I decided against being greedy and instead to share with everyone.

It's not spying because its publicly available information :D

Anyway, here we have some funny logs found using the caching ability of google and either Bilrow or Cortath posting these logs on a public website.

I call this story "Bilrow rips Cortath a new one"

<Bilrow> I am angry that you are doing nothing about Karma's lack of response.

<Bilrow> I mean really...what are you smoking?

<Bilrow> Get response time?

<Bilrow> There has been 0 response time

<Cortath> They've responded sometimes.

<Bilrow> Are you that far out of the reality of what is going on?

<Bilrow> Are you that far out of the reality of what is going on?

<Cortath> No, I'm not. They *do* respond sometimes.

<Cortath> To say it's zero inaccurate.

<Bilrow> Respond = attacking the offender

<Bilrow> Not

<Bilrow> Respond = acknowledging a post

<Cortath> They do attack the offender sometimes.

<Cortath> I don't like being put in a position of defending them, becuase they're mother$%&@ers.

<Cortath> But they do counter-attack sometimes

<Bilrow> I know of only one instance they did counter-attack

<Bilrow> And that was because the nation was high enough NS

<Bilrow> otherwise they don't respond

<Bilrow> It was brought to your attention during the walk-throughs.

<Cortath> I know I've seen more than one response, Bilrow.

<Bilrow> What did you do about it?

<Bilrow> Or you just choosing to ignore it?

<Bilrow> ANd hope it goes away or we get out of terms eventually?

<Cortath> I asked the MA IOs to monitor the response times.

<Cortath> And see if they responded at all to them too.

<Bilrow> That's a relief.

<Bilrow> And yes that was sarcasm...when both MA IOs are MIA

<Cortath> You've been speaking with DM?

<Bilrow> I did text her to ask why her tag was changed.

<Bilrow> When it was told to everyone by a regular member in #npowned.

<Bilrow> Odd it takes a regular member to tell HC about such a change.

<Cortath> She did not inform me that she retired. We had an argument. It's my hope that that did not cause her to retire.

<Bilrow> Interesting.

<Cortath> If there were any official changes, I would of course had told High Command.

<Cortath> I don't believe she has or will be retiring.

<Bilrow> Kind of like you hope Karma does something about our nations getting attacked.

<Bilrow> I have such confidence.

<Bilrow> Last list posted up for Karma was Oct 11th by DarkMistress.

<Bilrow> Last reponses by Karma in a thread was my Impero on Sept 7th

<Bilrow> No response by Karma to the list DM posteed.

<Bilrow> what are we going to do…

<Bilrow> wait 2 months for a response?

<Bilrow> or how about 3

<Bilrow> no let's do 4 we might be out of terms then

<Cortath> You think we should make a big deal about this on say, CN OWF?

<Bilrow> If we do it's something Sir Paul needs to do in a good propaganda way

<Bilrow> Obviously HC people like me aren't good people

<Bilrow> we are at this point a tad bitter.

<Bilrow> by Karma's lack of response and our own government's non-caring about it.

<Bilrow> Which frankly the latter is more disconcerting than the former, since it is our government's job to protect us.

<Cortath> Sir Paul could do it well

<Bilrow> The only thing Sir Paul needs to make sure is not to mention the reps part of it...

<Bilrow> since that would just make people say we were bawwwing about reps

<Bilrow> and ignore the point of the thread

<Cortath> Fair enough.

<Cortath> You mind if he came into your channel, talked?

<Bilrow> I don't mind

<Bilrow> :P

<Cortath> He needs info.

<Cortath> Sir Paul is an excellent writer, but he needs accurate information because he doesn't keep up like he used to.

<Cortath> He's a gun and a big !@#$@#$ gun, but you got to aim him.

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's pathetic that Karma are not protecting NPO properly.

Other than the list full of 500NS nations in the recent tabloid, I haven't seen anything to suggest that significant nations aren't being protected. My impression from a quick glance at the NPO war screen is that rogues involving nations at a level that people can actually reach are quickly dealt with.

However, I think the idea of policing another AA is stupid. They're large enough, let them protect themselves. Save everyone some headaches.

Edited by Lord Brendan

Other than the list full of 500NS nations in the recent tabloid, I haven't seen anything to suggest that significant nations aren't being protected. My impression from a quick glance at the NPO war screen is that rogues involving nations at a level that people can actually reach are quickly dealt with.

However, I think the idea of policing another AA is stupid. They're large enough, let them protect themselves. Save everyone some headaches.

For the super ultra paranoia people who fear NPO would strike back with revenge the moment they have their own anti-rogue force; I don't think that is going happen anytime soon.

For the super ultra paranoia people who fear NPO would strike back with revenge the moment they have their own anti-rogue force; I don't think that is going happen anytime soon.

It's not like they couldn't instantly buy whatever soldiers or tanks they need.

The only thing it makes any sense to force decommission of is nukes and navy. And allowing someone to maintain a navy will hurt them more than anything. Any surrender terms I ever write will only involve nuclear disarmament. -_-

The only thing it makes any sense to force decommission of is nukes and navy. And allowing someone to maintain a navy will hurt them more than anything. Any surrender terms I ever write will only involve nuclear disarmament. -_-

exact opposite, full military. think of how terrible the income would be for a nation trying to rebuild are weeks of war

exact opposite, full military. think of how terrible the income would be for a nation trying to rebuild are weeks of war

In between: Not allowing a nation to temporarily bulk up their military against rogues. Yeah, that is so logical!

From the TPF terms:

Article IV ~ Military

Section 1

TPF nations must decommission all nuclear weapons, navies, barracks, guerrilla camps, naval improvements, satellites and missile defenses. Nations with the SDI Wonder are allowed to maintain the 3 satellites and missile defenses required for the Wonder.

Section 2

In the instance of a rogue attack, or to drive a ghost from the TPF AA, up to three TPF nations may build all military improvements, navies, and up to five nuclear missiles each in order to attack that rogue or ghost. Only one of those nations can be a holder of a Weapons Research Complex wonder.

Any nation that is attacked by a rogue may build all military improvements, navies, and up to 5 five nuclear missiles as well for the duration of that war.

Without barracks or GCs, someone can easily attack you regardless of your soldiers/tanks. Navies are are more significant in that they take days to build up and if you don't have one built up against someone who does you're screwed if they focus their navy on you.

Edited by Azaghul

Without barracks or GCs, someone can easily attack you regardless of your soldiers/tanks. Navies are bigger they take days to build up and if you don't have one built up against someone who does you're screwed if they focus their navy on you.

A solution to that problem: Have a few of the members to hold a full military. Any rogues that come by and try to attack a seemly weak target will get somebody a lot scarier stomping on them.

The chance of the alliance under surrender terms breaking the terms? Very unlikely. A few dozen armed nations are no match against a few thousand armed nations. No sane alliance leaders would dare to do break the terms.

Edited by HHAYD