So, uh, Penkala

Neo Uruk

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You argued with a lot of opinions and a lot of odd comparisons that I didn't agree with and you are shocked that I'm not buying what you are selling.

Not a single fact at all, really.

"Your post is wrong". Nice argument there.

One is an alliance, and the other is a nation.

Duh.

I'm going to take a page from the school of Vladimir and quote myself:

There's absolutely no difference. The stated aim in both cases is taking technology and land from the attacked nation(s). The only difference is the scale of the enterprise, and I'm not sure how it becomes morally acceptable by stealing from a single person rather than a group of people.
Yes, the organization required for the respective sides was clearly different. The morality of stealing from someone who you can get away with stealing from remains the same. Scale has nothing to do with it.
Effectively, you're stating that there's a difference between an alliance and an individual. That's completely true. Alliances are much larger than individuals. Point, Hyperonic. Now, what separates tech raiding an alliance (the Athens situation) from tech raiding an individual? The motivation is exactly the same: profit, fun, whatever. You're damaging more people when you raid an entire alliance, but ultimately, you're doing the exact same thing as when you tech raid an individual. You make a decision to take from someone else for your own gain. You decide to violate another nation, or group's, sovereignty because you can. Why should it be any more acceptable to raid a single nation than to raid a much larger conglomeration of nations? Would you be outraged if forty individual nations were all raided at the same time? The scale of destruction is different, but the motive, violence for its own sake, remains the same.

I'm tired of doing a back and forth with someone who refuses to even read my arguments. Have fun, kids.

Man.... The guy couldn't wait a few days to show his real face. This is what I call hypocrisy.

Where are the world police and the Moralist Crusaders now?

Here.

Man.... The guy couldn't wait a few days to show his real face. This is what I call hypocrisy.

Where are the world police and the Moralist Crusaders now?

How is it hypocrisy? He attacked a nation with no AA, if you're referring that train wreck that Penkala brought out

they're two different things. Thus I don't see the hypocrisy.

For the love of

You are a vegetarian that just doesn't get that beef tastes good.

I'm tired of doing a back and forth with someone who refuses to even read my arguments. Have fun, kids.

You missed the part where I repeatedly said I wasn't having a morality debate with you because it was never my point.

The only thing I wanted you to explain to me was how a single nation incident was relative to an alliance. But, you wanted to talk about the morality of such a situation.

But, okay. Congratulations on winning the morality debate that I didn't even want to take part in.

My tribute to you is "God, I love being right."

Edited by Hyperonic

Here.

Although you are doing a good job, I don't see anywhere as much public outrage as I have seen last time. You are one of the few who are showing consistency in your opinions.

Perhaps I should have called for the False Moralist Crusaders. :P

How is it hypocrisy? He attacked a nation with no AA, if you're referring that train wreck that Penkala brought out

they're two different things. Thus I don't see the hypocrisy.

Different things, I agree. But the concept behind them it is actually the same. Attacking innocent people to steal tech. As I said before, in the threads about the Athens incident, it is not some arbitrary number that will make a crime turn into an acceptable course of action. A tech raid is a tech raid. The guy cannot criticize Athens for a tech raid and in the next few days make a tech raid himself. And the worst part, nuke his victim because he fought back. This whole situation is just lame.

No, I'm right because he took his toys and went home because I'm not playing dress up with that guy.

I am here to play BALL.

No, you're right because you fail to see how raiding an unaligned nation and raiding an alliance with no treaties can be connected.

Brilliant.

I'm trying to think of a situation where nuking someone in response to something that can't be discussed here is an appropriate response, and am so far coming up short.

In a way KoN was an unaligned alliance as in they had no treaties. Just an observation.

This is an exceptionally stupid comment to make, the idea behind it is exceptionally absurd, and everyone trying to propagate it should feel bad.

Alright, after having reviewed the chain of events leading up to this unfortunate situation, I have this clarification on my earlier statement to add:

You know who you are. You know what you did. When I find you, you will wish you had not.

you haven't trapped me in a chan with other leaders flooding me with questions yet, therefore, you don't get my subservience.

Oh god...

I went from facepalming that this topic even existed, wanting only this whole thing to die, to opening it and wondering how Penkala could be that incredibly stupid to do something like this so soon after, to absolutely loving the responses to it.

Also, enough with the Polar bashing - Grub and I have long since spoken and settled the issue amiably.

Realistically ----

If you care about your nation, you won't make it unaligned.

And, people are going to come in and tell me I'm wrong because if we were moral, that just wouldn't happen normally!

Realistically, if you care about your nation, you would just join the largest alliance out there, since they provide the most protection. :rolleyes:

Also, thank you Penkala, and everybody else supporting this, for providing great laughs.