So, uh, Athens...

Penkala

No one seems to actually care about KofN, but would rather use them as a prop in a worthless argument.

I hate to say it, but if you really are that upset about this raid then do something about it just like people would do something if you raided SLCB.

Done.

Except we don't raid, we nuke to oblivion ( I recently updated our charter)

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:ph34r:

So now you have changed your Charter to allow raids on sanctioned alliances with permission of your leadership. So then this raid of 23 attacks on a 40-person alliance was sanctioned then. Why didn't you just do a DoW?

I don't really care too much for the "They're bigger, and the other guy doesn't have any treaties" argument. If for arguments sake, Athens/FoB/Anyone else involved were rather large sanctioned alliances. Would this be brushed off like this if they mass raided GPA or TDO?

People have an open invitation to declare war on Athens. It's a sovereign right, after all.

So now you have changed your Charter to allow raids on sanctioned alliances with permission of your leadership. So then this raid of 23 attacks on a 40-person alliance was sanctioned then. Why didn't you just do a DoW?

When you're going to sucker-punch someone, the element of suprise is crucial.

People have an open invitation to declare war on Athens. It's a sovereign right, after all.

So let's say I wanted to tech raid Londo. Would the rest of Athens be okay with that and let me go on my merry way without any trouble?

Our charter was recently changed to the following:

Our Guidelines are as follows:

We didn't feel the need to inform any of you about it because frankly, it's none of your concern.

This raid is legal as per our charter and it has been followed to the letter.

that explains everything :lol1:

So let's say I wanted to tech raid Londo. Would the rest of Athens be okay with that and let me go on my merry way without any trouble?

Might want to re-read the "it's a sovereign right to defend a friend" part of what you quoted.

Because it's not all-out war?

Your treaties wouldn't activate. It's just a tech raid, not a war, after all. ;)

You're forgetting that it's a right to defend yourself from a raid. Protip: You don't have to take it laying down.

Who says KofN is alright with being raided? I'm sure they aren't happy about it. The argument is 'should Athens mass raid?', not 'is it ok if I raid this one dude?'

Our charter was recently changed to the following: <snip>
Athens has a ten nation limit. What's your point?

Read the post I quoted above yours and you'll see my point. :) Go ahead, just click the link.

These dumb hypothetical questions are just that, dumb. If you would go raid Londo, of course Athens would be pissed. If I would go raid Cortath, you bet your $@! that NPO would be pissed. What difference does it make in this situation? Athens, NPO, and the Knights of Ni! are all going to fight back in that situation. Duh.

You're forgetting that it's a right to defend yourself from a raid. Protip: You don't have to take it laying down.

Oh don't even TRY to play that card.

Sure, you do have a choice to fight back, but if you do, the big bully will call in his mates to beat you into the ground some more.

Edited by Arrnea

Oh don't even TRY to play that card.

Sure, you do have a choice to fight back, but if you do, the big bully will call in his mates to beat you into the ground some more.

I remember when Athens raided NOAH. We didn't call in allies then, I'm sure they won't now.