So, uh, Athens...

Penkala

If you feel so strongly that I should do that, why don't you just click the declare button on me?

Really, I've been getting annoyed by all the stupid arguments lately. "You shouldn't be concerned about it it's none of your business"? It's none of your business what my concerns are then, either! Admin almighty.

well, your the one making the big deal about athens tech raiding someone. well i should say throwing a hissy fit about it.

if it is such a big deal. then do something..

:popcorn:

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When sanctioned alliances start getting raided for weeks and then forced to tens of thousands of tech as the price of peace, I'll start taking NPO's attempts at equivocation seriously.

Okay, coming from someone who is not currently in NPO, I will state right here that I agree with the statement of the fine bovine. The world still isn't a better place.

When sanctioned alliances start getting raided for weeks and then forced to tens of thousands of tech as the price of peace, I'll start taking NPO's attempts at equivocation seriously.

this man speaks the truth.

NPO still has a few months before they can attempt to act moral.

as long as Athens doesnt insert a viceroy or force their way into private channels i think they still can look down at you from their higher ground.

It is a beautiful world.

And a large tech raid is still a tech raid.

I can understand techraiding unaligned nations even though I don't even do that. But, this sort of large attack on a sovereign alliance is definitely not the same thing. Just man up and write your DoW. You can say your reasons are tech.

Edited by DogeWilliam

I think alliances should be able to do what they want. Raid however you want, but there may not be profit in it. If I was them, I'd be raining all 125 of those nukes on my attackers. Not that I don't like Athens, but that's just how I would react. I'm bit crazy though.

Not that anyone would want to raid us, we have way too little tech. <_<

Same here, someone wants a mass raid they'd get a mass nuclear war pretty quick

I think alliances should be able to do what they want. Raid however you want, but there may not be profit in it. If I was them, I'd be raining all 125 of those nukes on my attackers. Not that I don't like Athens, but that's just how I would react. I'm bit crazy though.

Ah but see, retaliation to techraids only gets you in more trouble. That's when people start calling in their allies. ^_^

well, i am a fan of tech raiding my self but isn't this violated Athens charter ?

Article VII – Raiding Rules

Athens permits and approves of the practice of tech/land/money raiding within a reasonable framework of rules. Unaligned targets may be raided by any member of Athens. Raid targets with any alliance affiliation must be approved directly by the Archon eponymos, Archon basileus, or Polemarch. While team raids (2 or more Athens members attacking the same target) are permitted on the unaligned, this practice is strictly forbidden for aligned targets. Raiding aligned targets of below 10,000 NS is forbidden, as is raiding aligned targets in an alliance affiliation which has greater than 10 members, or a protectorate, or is an "alliance applicant" affiliation. Cruise missiles, airstrikes, nuclear attacks, and naval attacks are NOT to be used unless your target uses them first. Peace offers are to be sent immediately following two ground attacks. If a nation has not become active by the update, it is acceptable to make two more attacks, providing that a new peace offer is sent thereafter. Nations which nuke you while you are raiding them are not considered rogue, and will not be pursued beyond the duration of the war or made targets for sanctions because of their choice to nuke. Any violation of these rules will be dealt with as seen fit by the government.

:huh:

I can understand techraiding unaligned nations even though I don't even do that. But, this sort of large attack and a sovereign alliance is definitely not the same thing. Just man up and write your DoW. You can say your reasons are tech.

We would have a DoW every day by multiple alliances if tech raiding required it. I like less clutter.

well, your the one making the big deal about athens tech raiding someone. well i should say throwing a hissy fit about it.

if it is such a big deal. then do something..

:popcorn:

Are you new? You must be new. Otherwise you'd know that using that statement makes you look extremely unintelligent. Hegemony tried to do that whenever anyone complained about everything.

Just think about what you're saying for a minute.

inb4KarmavsNPOargument.

o, wait.

What's the point of this kind of thing? You get out the quick "lol, X alliance is doing something", then get verbally slapped, and the argument degenerates into rhetorical questions, as already seen in this statement.

My opinion: Athens did some stuff. Good for them. Now I will sit back and watch the world have a duck.

Okay, coming from someone who is not currently in NPO, I will state right here that I agree with the statement of the fine bovine. The world still isn't a better place.

Clearly.

I mean Karma alliances are just EZI'ing people left and right, it's terrible!

Edited by Azaghul

So the idea here is that the NPO bears blame for all the woes in history, and those who aren't the NPO are not held accountable for their actions? Do I have this right?

This seems to be the justification for unprovoked aggression on an alliance.

Edited by Triyun

I can understand techraiding unaligned nations even though I don't even do that. But, this sort of large attack on a sovereign alliance is definitely not the same thing. Just man up and write your DoW. You can say your reasons are tech.

What purpose would that serve?

We are raiding them for profit, not attacking them for destruction. This is a mass tech raid.

It would appear that some of you would find this MUCH more kosher if we faked some IRC logs stating that KofN were plotting our destruction and beating kittens, rather than just raiding and sending peace.

So the idea here is that the NPO bears blame for all the woes in history, and those who aren't the NPO are not held accountable for their actions? Do I have this right?

No, the idea is that the bad things NPO did are much worse than the the 'crimes' committed by most other alliances. Simple concepts.

May I ask for less NPO discussion and for us to get back to the topic at hand? I don't want this one to die off after 20 minutes. ^_^

Athens isn't the only one raiding here. If you have a problem with what's happening, please criticize all of us...not just the alliance you have a personal grudge against.

Hint: I don't have a grudge against Athens. And until recent actions they were one of my favorite alliances. Check my ratings in the rating thread; I don't remember what I gave Athens but I'd imagine from 6-8. I'm not against calling out even alliances I like when they do something bad, though. I call them as I see them.

Edited by Penkala

Are you new? You must be new. Otherwise you'd know that using that statement makes you look extremely unintelligent. Hegemony tried to do that whenever anyone complained about everything.

Just think about what you're saying for a minute.

well, i been around long enough to know what your doing is called attention whoring.

kthnxbye

I remember when this kind of thing used to happen all the time. The alliances who did it were called \m/ and GOONS and they ascended via the unjust path or something like that.

Stuff like this never happened back then. Check your history. ;) \m/ specifically had a five-man limit on "alliance" raids.