FAN Announcement

mpol777

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shouldn't your avatar say "Peace though running away?"

I highly doubt this is either the time or place to rehash ancient history and for the millionth time explain why I left FAN when I did.

This is a FAN announcement, not a "omg, lets talk BS history about Arcades057."

Now if you want to start your own announcement about me, we can do that, but bring your a-game; I'm tired as hell of rehashing it to people who weren't there, people with 4 brain cells, and people who claimed to have understood my reasons then but now they have an axe to grind.

I highly doubt this is either the time or place to rehash ancient history and for the millionth time explain why I left FAN when I did.

Now if you want to start your own announcement about me, we can do that, but bring your a-game; I'm tired as hell of rehashing it to people who weren't there, people with 4 brain cells, and people who claimed to have understood my reasons then but now they have an axe to grind.

omg, I was there, and I got ZIe'd for sticking with my bro's.

o/FAN for being you. No disrespect to your post.

Oh, I was there. And I've at least five brains cells. I think.

1. Contribute to getting your alliance attacked.

2. Run away.

3. Join the other side.

You know, you remind me of some sort of historical figure. Betrayed his nation and ran to join the British. What was his name again? Benedict Arnold? I guess I'm wrong, apparently I only have 4 brain cells. I'm sure what happened was much different.

Oh, I was there. And I've at least five brains cells. I think.

1. Contribute to getting your alliance attacked.

2. Run away.

3. Join the other side.

You know, you remind me of some sort of historical figure. Betrayed his nation and ran to join the British. What was his name again? Benedict Arnold? I guess I'm wrong, apparently I only have 4 brain cells. I'm sure what happened was much different.

(removed ad hominem)

1. Contribute to getting your alliance attacked. I was not .gov therefore I could not contribute to anything happening to the alliance. One of the few good things we did back then, something which everyone seemed to agree with at the time, was supporting a small alliance being extorted by a group called the Mafia. I started that defense, though I'm sure everyone has by now forgotten the fact I was "tried" for that "crime."

2. Run away. There is a rather large difference between "running away" and realizing "holy %^$* I'm totally not down with what's going on here" and leaving. I know that you would never not support a regime in control of your countrywhich you did not agree with and you felt was doing harm to your nation, so I'm just going to have to leave it at that...

3. Join the other side. Actually I helped start an alliance that signed a protectorate with the NPO. I wasn't a member of .gov of that, but I thought it was a good idea. Why? Because only the mindless masses hate the NPO. I never had an issue with the NPO during my time with FAN. I knew that someday we would be forced into a war against them and did a lot of thinking on how to come out on the winning side of that war. I had always imagined that it would be a war the NPO forced on us, and I never believed that the leaders of FAN at the time would force that situation on the membership, all the while lying about it, blaming the NPO and the WUT for the instigation. I had more respect for FAN than that, and sadly I was proven wrong.

As for the rest: Arnold changed sides during the war; I realized the fight was not a fight I felt should be fought--along with a rather stunning array of other former-FAN members, I might add--and so left prior to the war.

But, hey, don't let the truth conflict with your mindless hatred and rage.

Edited by Arcades057

It looks like CSN is calling you out, FAN...

Keep going, deja, you're on the brink of doing something really interesting.

But perhaps I am wrong. Perhaps you've unmasked Mpol for the coward he really is and he will soon apologize for his harsh words. Only time will tell. ;)

Im sorry, did i miss an official announcement from CSN on this subject?

Hey there tough guy. I'll call your bluff.

I, too, would like to call but alas i am far too big to play in that sandbox

Edited by wickedj

You know what FAN, for a while there I actually respected you. I thought you were a steadfast and good group of people. Boy was i wrong. I joined your IRC channel the other day and got banned probably for insulting someone's manhood. The details aren't important but the truth is, you are just a group off bullheaded arrogant pricks who think that you are the best thin since sliced bacon...NEWFLASH.. You aren't better than everyone and in fact i may argue that you are indeed better than no one. But hey who am i to judge...Oh wait i can because you thought it was a good idea to come here and basically tell everyone they can go suck it. So after this and a few idle threats to my alliance I'm just gonna say...

Do it. You wont. No balls.

Thank you and Windmills do not work that way

GOOD NIGHT

Oh dear, who seriously pushes an alliance that uses 'Warmonger' as it's back up tag?

Drostan, with that kind of talk, you should be involved in the fun you're trying to generate here too.

actually cyphon.... a few of us use it as our normal ones

You know what FAN, for a while there I actually respected you. I thought you were a steadfast and good group of people. Boy was i wrong. I joined your IRC channel the other day and got banned probably for insulting someone's manhood. The details aren't important but the truth is, you are just a group off bullheaded arrogant pricks who think that you are the best thin since sliced bacon...NEWFLASH.. You aren't better than everyone and in fact i may argue that you are indeed better than no one. But hey who am i to judge...Oh wait i can because you thought it was a good idea to come here and basically tell everyone they can go suck it. So after this and a few idle threats to my alliance I'm just gonna say...

GOOD NIGHT

LOL, the details aren't important? The devil is in the details.

Jt is back in CSN? Damn I missed that.

Also banned for insulting someone's manhood really is bizarre when coming from FAN, you'd expect a thicker skin, or perhaps a good comeback at the very least. And even with grandxanth I'm sure he didn't just open up with that on the get-go. But I wasn't there, so I'm guestimating.

Edit: grammar is not my friend

Edited by Cyphon88

I didn't read most of the replies to this. I got to the beginning of page 5 and had enough. I wasn't around during FAN's glory days, but I do know that they've been through quite a lot. However, I don't think the OP will go to any great lengths to earn FAN any respect. If anything, it makes players like myself, who didn't have much to judge FAN on, have nothing positive to be able to give a good impression about.

I have to agree with Dodger on this one. Some people like announcing an accomplishment, and that is in their rights. If you don't like this, don't look at their threads. While reaching 1 mil NS may not be a big deal for you, it is for them. It is the only time they've ever done it as an alliance of their own, and it is a special occasion for them. Stomping on that is just disrespectful, and disrespect only begets disrespect.

After all the things I read about FAN in Cybernations Wikis and what people told me about the history of it all, I was expecting more from FAN than this. I'm rather disappointed. I can see the other sides' perspective now. But that is just the two cents from someone whose opinion you probably don't give a care about.

Did ya hear that "whooshing" sound? that sound was the point of the OP going over your head.

GOOD NIGHT

What's with all the hate from CSN ITT? The only person that was even close to threatened was the UED guy who went "first". Any other threats were from third parties. not from us.

What was your IRC nick? I remember someone being kicked a few days ago. Might have been you. I want too check my logs and see what you mean.

Tell everyone to suck it? Did you read the OP? It's about stagnancy and the devaluing of treaties by signing too many of them. You guys need some thinker skin. Mpol is just being mpol.

Also, explain to me how we have no balls for not attacking you over some imagined comment or taunt in some random thread? You come off as a the type of guy who, much like you did in this thread, tries to start fights by taunting people into throwing the first punch. You want to fight? Fine, but we're not starting a war so you can play the victim.

What's with all the hate from CSN ITT? The only person that was even close to threatened was the UED guy who went "first". Any other threats were from third parties. not from us.

What was your IRC nick? I remember someone being kicked a few days ago. Might have been you. I want too check my logs and see what you mean.

Tell everyone to suck it? Did you read the OP? It's about stagnancy and the devaluing of treaties by signing too many of them. You guys need some thinker skin. Mpol is just being mpol.

Also, explain to me how we have no balls for not attacking you over some imagined comment or taunt in some random thread? You come off as a the type of guy who, much like you did in this thread, tries to start fights by taunting people into throwing the first punch. You want to fight? Fine, but we're not starting a war so you can play the victim.

They're testing you, trying to get a reaction. We'll see if the rest of FAN can have your attitude. Especially after a thread like this that (reaffirmed) the FAN tone and mindset, mpoll, intentionally or not, was sort of asking for a reaction.

They're testing you, trying to get a reaction. We'll see if the rest of FAN can have your attitude. Especially after a thread like this that (reaffirmed) the FAN tone and mindset, mpoll, intentionally or not, was sort of asking for a reaction.

He's got my reaction, GODDAMMIT, I want more Blow and Hooker's, once I'm all high and other tensions relieved, then we can have a discussion about posturing which no-one's really doing, it's a dance, welcome to it.

Unfortunately I believe you're making the mistake of taking the rather satirical opinions of a couple of members there responding to the sudden interest of third parties for some broader thrust of CSN "hate". I can assure you this is not the case, and I actually have had only positive experiences with FAN, myself. Deja was just being deja in responding to mpol being mpol, as you said, and there really wasn't anything else to it until 3rd parties seized on it and ran with it on their own. Also, the "no balls" comment specifically was a joke I believe.

In short, we don't want a fight and aren't trying to manipulate anyone into throwing any punches, much as I'm sure others are eager to promote such an eventuality for their own amusement. :)