SLCB Harboring Rogues?

Jorost

Transparency in these arrangements can be helpful Delta.

Just as calling people out can be exceedingly unhelpful. Being the party to log dump will almost invariably count against you except in the most extreme situations. This is not one of those situations.

There is a time and a place for calling people out in public. After failing to resolve an incident with a rogue attack in the first twenty-four hours is not one of those times. Unless you are going to declare war over it in which case getting your story out is a great idea, but that doesn't really seem to be what is happening here.

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Unless of course their goal at this point isn't to try and force you to pay reps, but instead is just to make you guys look like !@#$@#$ idiot tools.

In that case they've succeeded admirably.

Well really the Box guys have done that for themselves. Invicta just gave them the stage.

Uhh..

Who caused the incident?

I think that would be the person who attacked, personally, although that might just be the logic in my head.

Lets get real. These are two seperate incidents.

1) A member of SLCB roguing.

2) Invicta trying to extort us.

Edited by Shovel

a. invicta gave us less than 12 hours to contact our member.

b. they gave us a reparations number at 6 pm and less than 6 hours later, they are posting a thread because we haven't made good on their demands

you tell me who is causing the incident. the intolerance of invicta, frankly, won't be tolerated.

You are an outright liar. We notified you well over 24 hours ago. Please keep your mouth shut because i can prove you are a liar.

Oh crap, here it goes again.

Blah blah blah...Stickmen trying to start conflict.....PEACE didn't welcome them enough....

It's like watching two oblivious people who like each other try and find out if the other likes them so they can start some sort of relationship.

Except instead of liking each other, its being angry at each other, and replace relationship with war. Also, I guess they aren't really oblivious.

Just as calling people out can be exceedingly unhelpful. Being the party to log dump will almost invariably count against you except in the most extreme situations. This is not one of those situations.

There is a time and a place for calling people out in public. After failing to resolve an incident with a rogue attack in the first twenty-four hours is not one of those times. Unless you are going to declare war over it in which case getting your story out is a great idea, but that doesn't really seem to be what is happening here.

They somehow paid Legion already.

Unless of course their goal at this point isn't to try and force you to pay reps, but instead is just to make you guys look like !@#$@#$ idiot tools.

In that case they've succeeded admirably.

if we cared about the opinion of people we don't like and/or don't know, we wouldn't be in this situation.

Lets get real. These are two seperate incidents.

1) A member of SLCB roguing.

2) Invicta trying to extorte us.

You also are an idiot. The problem is an SLCB member went rogue and your alliance wont pay reps for it as is common practice.

The reason you spelled extort wrong is because you dont know what it means!

Blah blah blah...Stickmen trying to start conflict.....PEACE didn't welcome them enough....

It is easy to see why PEACE did not welcome them, especially since the first that PEACE heard of Stickmen moving to purple was a certain expose of iFOK forums where iFOK members spoke of moving to Purple to forcibly take a Senate seat and goad Purple into attacking them, thus allowing them to claim the defensive side and call their allies in to destroy Purple.

I should know, I was there (in the Gov, and later Triumvirate no less) when those talks were happening.

Exactly who is misunderstanding here? I think each side understands the other very well.

The only possible mistake is that Stickmen assumes that all their allies will play nice and join them in their crusade to crush Purple.

No one have removed the possibility that this was all set up by Stickmen allies.

if they have, wow really have you been asleep ?

You are an outright liar. We notified you well over 24 hours ago. Please keep your mouth shut because i can prove you are a liar.

yesterday our member declared war. we were given until 11:30 that night to get it resolved. the member in question has a family and life outside of this game and can be quite difficult to track down. invicta wanted none of that and demanded that it be resolved before 11:30 that night. that is less than 12 hours from the initial DoW. All we asked for was some time, and in the end the peace offers got sent before the unfair 11:30 PM deadline.

then, today, we get no word from anyone about this situation until waltar wanders in at about 530 server time and demands payment. we respond by saying that's too much we won't pay. then, less than 6 hours after that, this thread is up.

fact. fact. fact. and don't tell me to shut my mouth, i will post whenever i like whether you like it or not ;)

That doesn't make this announcement any wiser from a practical perspective.

When you are told an alliance won't pay you reps, your opinions are twofold. Attack outright, or give them another chance. This is their second chance, as I view it.

Invicta is giving them the time to pay, and then they will consider their options is, again how I view it.

You also are an idiot. The problem is an SLCB member went rogue and your alliance wont pay reps for it as is common practice.

The reason you spelled extort wrong is because you dont know what it means!

CLassy as always.

We won't pay a ridiculous sum of money for what amounted to nothing.

The argument of "ITS ONLY 6 MILLION" is stupid as well sine Invicta is all up in arms about not having it.

Invicta deserves reps, regardless of the sum. Think about it, saying "ITS ONLY 10K" would just make SLCB seem sillier. Regardless it's not going to be a lot in reps, like it has been said over and over again, it's the refusal to pay reps, whatever the reason, that is bringing ridicule to the SLCB

i'm not saying that necessarily but your initial argument that they were somehow doing us a favour by asking for too much is utter garbage.

I never said they were doing you a favor. I said that was probably the logic behind it. I can't imagine using one of my precious slots for less than 3mil/50 tech. It's like starting the car to go across the street.

But like I said in my first post, this thread gave me some new names to go on that special list I carry with me everywhere. Good luck to you buddy, I won't try to spew anymore garbage your way.