In order to preserve a friends tradition

Krunk the Great

My banned friend FrancoismofRussia's "Franco's Neutral Corner" will be hereby renamed "StarKrunk[NSO]'s Super Biased Corner of smacking Hurricane[belAir] with various fish"

Or just StarKrunk[NSO]'s corner....

Anyways in the spirit of my good friend I shall posture questions to the world.

• Why does everyone and his mother start a new alliance?
  • Why do established alliances protect said new alliances?

These are better questions I believe than his.

/discuss

Edited by Krunk the Great

• People either can't climb the ladder in the alliance they are already in or want to "try something new with friends."
  • Either the new alliance contains friends of established alliance gov, the established alliance want to "grow new allies", the established alliance wants a solid source of tech, or in some cases the established alliance actually wants to help out some new guys that seem like good people.

• People either can't climb the ladder in the alliance they are already in or want to "try something new with friends."
  • Either the new alliance contains friends of established alliance gov, the established alliance want to "grow new allies", the established alliance wants a solid source of tech, or in some cases the established alliance actually wants to help out some new guys that seem like good people.

I also think the established alliances like to look for some fresh "Resouce Pools".

Why does everyone and his mother start a new alliance?

They like to have their own thing, and think they're a good leader. Well, I've seen flops, and I've seen alliances so far that have gone places.

Flops: The Huns, GDI, Elephant Graveyard, Epicurean

Winners: Carthage, NSO, Bel Air, SLCB

Why do established alliances protect said new alliances?

Well, mostly friendly ties are included, but some alliances, we wonder why they're protected, as they make a mockery of everyone.

The Huns are a good example of this.

• Who knows why mums do the things they do, they are mums for crying out loud
  • Some of us remember what it was like being a startup and getting help, its a way of paying it forward

My banned friend FrancoismofRussia's "Franco's Neutral Corner" will be hereby renamed "StarKrunk[NSO]'s Super Biased Corner of smacking Hurricane[belAir] with various fish"

Or just StarKrunk[NSO]'s corner....

Anyways in the spirit of my good friend I shall posture questions to the world.

These are better questions I believe than his.

/discuss

1. cuz everyone wants to be in gov but doesnt wanna work their up in the ranks

2. Alliances protect noobies in hopes that the new alliance fails and merge into them, giving them more members.

1. Because they are too incompetent to gain leadership in an already established alliance, or they legitimately wish to form a new alliance with friends. The later, however, is rare.

2. Because they want to absorb their protectorates when they fail.

1: Because everyone and there mother think that they have the skill and clout to run one to the top. Most don't and disband in under 6 months...only to reform again in some different variant a year later.

2: Because we all hope to gain a solid ally, or at the very least a few members when they disband.

1. The Cult aims to be an alliance that stands out as reserved, strongly guided by strong morals, fiercly independent in action and thought, a sort of retreat away from the status quo (in the world but not of it). In short it is our intention to be wholly different than any alliance out there. The world has become populated by generic alliances--without regard to size--who might all have a theme of some sort, but none of which do anything based on it besides skin their forum a certain way. The Cult is simply not like anything else; we won't turn over sovereignty for favors or clout.

2. I don't know, we don't have a protectorate.

1. cuz everyone wants to be in gov but doesnt wanna work their up in the ranks

As often as this gets repeated it's patently false. Around half, if not more, of new alliances get started by people currently or previously in non-trivial government positions of recognizable alliances. It just so happens those that stand out the most or fail in spectacular fashion are usually people who could use more experience in the game.

• 3 weeks later...

1: How often does an alliance announce that they have room at the top or they have elected a new leader in circumstances other than the previous leader leaving forever or being disgraced? almost never and even then they promote from the inner clique of the alliance and the general members are informed after the fact. The only way to get to the top of an alliance is to make your own. This is why new alliances form in my analysis.

2: Firstly tech farms are useful and protectorates are a source of cheap tech to build up the strength of the elite nations of the protector alliance. And secondly protectorates make great cannon fodder since they are comprised of small nations that are easy to rebuild. And finally most protectorates fail and are absorbed into their protectors making them a source of new recruits, and in the event that an protectorate succeeds the protector has an ally.

Edited by Prime minister Johns

1. Because everyone wants to feel that they can control the flow of fate if they have a suitable lever beneath their hand- and often people feel that lever is an alliance of their own making.

2. Protectorates are based on perceived mutually beneficial arrangements. Why else would they do it?

Edited by Kzoppistan

1. Because everyone likes a change of pace once in awhile.

2. Because we like to help out our friends: Example : Athens first protectorate was DICE (Deck of International Card Experts). Their leaders where founding members of CnG and very good friends of ours. We now share a MDoAP. Another reason is to help some people out who seemed like good people and now, have become close friends of Athens. An example would be Zero Hour who are doing very nicely. We hope to upgrade soon. Also, tech deals, but we have never signed a protectorate in hopes of scoring a good reliable source of tech deals.

Edited by Jgoods45