Carthage Announcement of Transgressions

The AUT

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

See, this is what I hate about the new world we live in. Instead of Carthage just attacking TFA because they wanted some war (or any of the other reasons) they instead came over here and made an "ultimatum" just to prove they're moral. And more moral than their enemy at that. If that's a wrong analysis then I guess I just massively overestimated AUT's ability to be a diplomatic leader.

Either way, I hate all of you.

See, this is what I hate about the new world we live in. Instead of Carthage just attacking TFA because they wanted some war (or any of the other reasons) they instead came over here and made an "ultimatum" just to prove they're moral. And more moral than their enemy at that. If that's a wrong analysis then I guess I just massively overestimated AUT's ability to be a diplomatic leader.

Either way, I hate all of you.

ITT: Morality police delay TheAUT's curbstomp of an alliance (which is only happening because of Ryan's unpopularity as a leader) by one day. Shame on us.

ITT: Morality police delay TheAUT's curbstomp of an alliance (which is only happening because of Ryan's unpopularity as a leader) by one day. Shame on us.

Hey, I'd rather him be truthful about rolling him and actually doing it than appealing to your higher authority with !@#$%^&*. Shame on me.

(See, I can do it too!)

Edit: Clarified.

Edited by Balder

Hey, I'd rather him be truthful about rolling him and actually doing it than appealing to your higher authority. Shame on me.

(I can do it too!)

I'm pretty sure a grand total of zero alliances would step in should this have actually been a DoW. The only thing TheAUT is looking to gain from this is some cheap publicity and war practice. It's his problem that he wants to justify that to the world, not ours.

I'm pretty sure a grand total of zero alliances would step in should this have actually been a DoW. The only thing TheAUT is looking to gain from this is some cheap publicity and war practice. It's his problem that he wants to justify that to the world, not ours.

Why's that? Is critiquing and whining the only thing yall are good at? It's a sign of the times and the collective problem of this fair planet. Though I do agree with your second sentence. :)

Prove that RyanGDI has accepted him into the alliance, besides taking someones word for it. Does that guy have IRC logs where RyanGDI told him he accepted him to TFA? That would be good evidence. ***Screen shot, not copied and pasted logs.

The guy changed his AA to Task Force Alpha... How exactly does that prove that RyanGDI let him? Anyone can use an AA to Ghost, until an application is presented or other evidence proves that RyanGDI accepted and is allowing the use of the AA, again I go to his name being used to gain support for a war against his alliance.

Ryan GDI does need to come on here an clarify things or you need to speak with him on IRC, until then you need to be patient and seek a diplomatic route. Defend those and against any attacks on your alliance, but I wouldn't go as far as beginning attacks alliance wide until you have more answers.

You should have a decent CB, but its Ryan I could care less if his alliance gets rolled.

Why's that? Is critiquing and whining the only thing yall are good at? It's a sign of the times and the collective problem of this fair planet. Though I do agree with your second sentence. :)

The "THIS IS THE BRAVE NEW WORLD THAT YOU MORALISTS GAVE US" posts are getting tiring, but they're just as stupid as they were when people first started making them. No one is stopping anyone from running around and creating cheap drama over silly things. If you're upset that there aren't enough diplomatic trainwrecks for you to sit in your little corner and laugh at, why don't you go stir something up? This moral police force that you lot keep yapping on about doesn't exist. It's just your newest excuse for complaining about temporary boredom.

You should have a decent CB, but its Ryan I could care less if his alliance gets rolled.

It's practically tradition that RyanGDI's alliance has an ultimatum drawn against it and then gets rolled only to somehow get back on its feet to get rolled again. And you gotta keep traditions going :awesome:

The "THIS IS THE BRAVE NEW WORLD THAT YOU MORALISTS GAVE US" posts are getting tiring, but they're just as stupid as they were when people first started making them. No one is stopping anyone from running around and creating cheap drama over silly things. If you're upset that there aren't enough diplomatic trainwrecks for you to sit in your little corner and laugh at, why don't you go stir something up? This moral police force that you lot keep yapping on about doesn't exist. It's just your newest excuse for complaining about temporary boredom.

You, my dear misinformed acquaintance seem to assume a few things in your post that, well, are quite wrong! Please don't use the straw man argument on me because it's not going to work and that's not what I said. First, the moralists really didn't bring us into the post-Karma world or even pave the way to it. That was done by others with larger, broader shoulders and being a former government member of the RoK during the Karma War I can tell you that our shoulders held up quite a bit of weight. So no, I'm not yelling at the moralists for ushering in the political climate we currently see today. If you're going to tell me that this thread isn't a trainwreck (at least to anyone trying to follow the line of thought here) then I don't know WHAT you'd choose to call it. Diplomatic train wrecks happen all the time and they haven't gone away because of stronger ethics in Planet Bob. Next, I did not once say there was a moral police force, again you put words into my mouth. I don't believe yall to be a police force, rather a peanut gallery with an overinflated sense of self importance.

However all of that begins to take us on a turn away from the topic of this announcement. Vilien, if you would like to further discuss this with me, I'd be more than happy to do so over PM.

So based on morality I must hinder and capsize my alliance for this "brave new world" of which you speak? This is in defense and sovereignty of my own alliance, as well as Ryan's believe it or not. I know you're the self acclaimed morality police of Cyber Nations, but why must I continue to have my members and alliance subjeged to unneccessary attacks because Ryan can't keep his AA clean? You actually think this is a PR stunt? I'm sorry, next time I try and protect my sovereignty I'll be sure it's against the NPO and not TFA. Your assumption of me using this as PR and war practice is very inaccurate, and if we do, hopefully, solve this amicably with Ryan, will show your entire "moralism" stuff wrong.

I'm not going after Ryan because it's the easy thing to do, I'm protecting my alliance for goodness sakes. But maybe I should take the fact my member can no longer fulfill his tech obligations to MK lightly in favor of being morally superior and letting the guy who was asked to take responsibility for this off the hook.

Edited by The AUT

I'm not going after Ryan because it's the easy thing to do, I'm protecting my alliance for goodness sakes.

Except the only one attacking your alliance is a single nation that happens to be ghosting his AA. I still don't see anything to suggest that he was actually accepted into TFA by Ryan or anyone else. In fact, he already said that the nation in question had been ghosting his AA before, so I would assume it's just the same thing. Kick the crap out of the offending nation and stop whining for other people to do something about it.

Like I said before, I don't particularly object to TFA getting rolled, but your claim of being in the right here is laughable.

Except the only one attacking your alliance is a single nation that happens to be ghosting his AA. I still don't see anything to suggest that he was actually accepted into TFA by Ryan or anyone else. In fact, he already said that the nation in question had been ghosting his AA before, so I would assume it's just the same thing. Kick the crap out of the offending nation and stop whining for other people to do something about it.

Like I said before, I don't particularly object to TFA getting rolled, but your claim of being in the right here is laughable.

So if someone ghosts your AA, are you not responsible for flushing them out and making sure they don't re-join said AA? It's called protecting the AA. By Ryan not protecting his AA, he is allowing for these shenanigans to carry on not only to mine but others as well. He should be actively hunting and keeping it clean. That's what any good alliance leader would do, anyways.

So based on morality I must hinder and capsize my alliance for this "brave new world" of which you speak? This is in defense and sovereignty of my own alliance, as well as Ryan's believe it or not. I know you're the self acclaimed morality police of Cyber Nations, but why must I continue to have my members and alliance subjeged to unneccessary attacks because Ryan can't keep his AA clean? You actually think this is a PR stunt? I'm sorry, next time I try and protect my sovereignty I'll be sure it's against the NPO and not TFA. Your assumption of me using this as PR and war practice is very inaccurate, and if we do, hopefully, solve this amicably with Ryan, will show your entire "moralism" stuff wrong.

I'm not going after Ryan because it's the easy thing to do, I'm protecting my alliance for goodness sakes. But maybe I should take the fact my member can no longer fulfill his tech obligations to MK lightly in favor of being morally superior and letting the guy who was asked to take responsibility for this off the hook.

Well, I suppose you might think that was what I was saying if you didn't read my post. I'm not exactly sure when you think I became the "morality police" of CN, or what actions I've taken that would lead you to that conclusion, but TMF is not some kind of moral beatdown squad. What I said, in an easily understandable manner, is that you've taken an unnecessary step where you should have considered diplomacy first. Unless I'm mistaken, you haven't contacted Ryan about this. As much as I hate to say it, sometimes "private channels ftw" is correct.

Also, solving a problem using diplomacy and respect isn't anti-Moralism in any way. I'm not suggesting you ignore this. I'm suggesting you take reasonable diplomatic steps before you start issuing ultimatums.

Next, I did not once say there was a moral police force, again you put words into my mouth. I don't believe yall to be a police force, rather a peanut gallery with an overinflated sense of self importance.

The rest of your post seemed to have conflated my post with something entirely different than what I said. But, to prove your point, would you care to point out instances of this overwhelming peanut gallery shouting "morality"? It seems to me that we've got far more of your type, decrying the evil moralists for spoiling their fun, than actual moralists protesting this kind of thing.

Well, I suppose you might think that was what I was saying if you didn't read my post. I'm not exactly sure when you think I became the "morality police" of CN, or what actions I've taken that would lead you to that conclusion, but TMF is not some kind of moral beatdown squad. What I said, in an easily understandable manner, is that you've taken an unnecessary step where you should have considered diplomacy first. Unless I'm mistaken, you haven't contacted Ryan about this. As much as I hate to say it, sometimes "private channels ftw" is correct.

Also, solving a problem using diplomacy and respect isn't anti-Moralism in any way. I'm not suggesting you ignore this. I'm suggesting you take reasonable diplomatic steps before you start issuing ultimatums.

I may have misread your post, sorry for that.

The point of the ultimatum is not to draw Ryan into war, yet to tell him to clean up his act. I am fed up, and I know this thread is exemplifying my frustrations publicly. But I've tried and pleaded with Ryan in the past to protect his AA so he doesn't impede on other's AA. This ulimatum was made because I'm sick of pleading with him and am now going to have to demand he get his AA under control. I'm more than willing to help him, but if he continues to neglect the situation and shrug it off, I've no choice but to do what's neccessary to protect my alliance.

I'd like to thank Zenith and TFD for trying to help to resolve this issue.

[OOC] I won't be on IRC until later tonight for those who need to speak to me [/OOC]

So if someone ghosts your AA, are you not responsible for flushing them out and making sure they don't re-join said AA? It's called protecting the AA. By Ryan not protecting his AA, he is allowing for these shenanigans to carry on not only to mine but others as well. He should be actively hunting and keeping it clean. That's what any good alliance leader would do, anyways.

It is his call when he will deal with a ghost. He is not there obviously since he hasn't posted once on this topic and he is not on IRC because I would think you would have found him and spoken to him about it and come here with his statements.

It is your responsibility to protect your alliance, so protect it and attack the ghost/rogue/whatever he is.

I wonder though, had this ghost/rogue/whatever come from an alliance with say 250 members and 2 million alliance NS or more, would you have really started this topic?

So, it was RyanGDI's alliance so you bring it here to stir things up?

Go ahead and say yes that you would bring an ultimatum to a larger alliance :rolleyes: