A Brief Announcement from the Orange Defense Network

Style #386

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Uh, OK. Our not liking trolls relates to obligations how?

You said you picked people who go after you in every thread. I said you did this to yourselves by copping out of obligations for the past two years. If they're saying what they are, then they have reason to. ;)

You know till iron is willing to take responsbilty admit there misstakes such as goons . There will be no nice nice because it all comes down to the way you treated us. We are willing to forget you were overbearing non conserderate and tried to use us . And you will have to forgive that when you called us like dogs we didn't come. We sided with those who treated us like equals . boo hooo your feelings were hurt well you deserved it . Get over it .

ODN never treated itself like an equal partner, and so never was. As far as I can tell, that still hasn't changed, ODN has just changed laps. And that's not anyone's fault but the ODN. If you want to be treated equally than be equal. And if you seriously think IRON was ever "overbearing" and whatever other nonsense, then you're just clueless.

You said you picked people who go after you in every thread. I said you did this to yourselves by copping out of obligations for the past two years. If they're saying what they are, then they have reason to. ;)

Sorry, ya habibi, your logic is defeating me here. I'm still not seeing how us picking trolls as an object of dislike has anything to do with foreign policy. Are you saying that if we had made different decisions then we would somehow have warm feelings toward trolls? Does not compute. Then again, if I understood troll logic I might not dislike you all so much.

Sorry, ya habibi, your logic is defeating me here. I'm still not seeing how us picking trolls as an object of dislike has anything to do with foreign policy. Are you saying that if we had made different decisions then we would somehow have warm feelings toward trolls? Does not compute. Then again, if I understood troll logic I might not dislike you all so much.

Do you pick who dislikes you? Or do they gravitate towards you and berate you at every step because of what you did in terms of your foreign policy? The dislike of ODN sprang about when you decided to make the decisions you did. And if people dislike you for those decisions? Well, they have every right to.

Ishteghel moghkek ya 3am <_<

Edited by The AUT

No need to be rude, Mr AUT.

Your difficulty here appears to stem from grammar, so it would be unfair to press the point too much. To break it down for you, my comment was that we (ODN, the subject) picked trolls (the object) as the target of our dislike. Your interpretation hinges on making trolls the subject and ODN the object. Your remarks are, then, better directed to the comment by your comrade in trollery, Mathias, since his subject (trolls) and object (ODN) agree with yours.

No need to be rude, Mr AUT.

Your difficulty here appears to stem from grammar, so it would be unfair to press the point too much. To break it down for you, my comment was that we (ODN, the subject) picked trolls (the object) as the target of our dislike. Your interpretation hinges on making trolls the subject and ODN the object. Your remarks are, then, better directed to the comment by your comrade in trollery, Mathias, since his subject (trolls) and object (ODN) agree with yours.

One thing is clear, when Pingu speaks, only a very small number of people can honestly claim they didn't learn something new just then.

Picking on ODN is easy. Admin knows I have done it enough. And truth be told they have earned every bit of it. The question is do we need to? I myself am going to give them a break and see what they do from here on out. Maybe they have changed only time will tell. So maybe we give them a chance to show it.

And ODN nothing you can say here can change what your alliance has done. No words will keep you from being Planet Bobs biggest punchline. So if you want my advice don't bother trying to defend youself by talking. In fact the only response that will make any ever change in what they think about is what you do. Let your furture actions speak for you and don't waste your time with words. Anything else and your just feeding the fire.

And ODN nothing you can say here can change what your alliance has done. No words will keep you from being Planet Bobs biggest punchline. So if you want my advice don't bother trying to defend youself by talking. In fact the only response that will make any ever change in what they think about is what you do. Let your furture actions speak for you and don't waste your time with words. Anything else and your just feeding the fire.

You sound as if they have some horrible past. The only thing they've done is to NpO. I don't know that they make any other concession, and I don't blame them if they don't.

This thread is still going on? O_o

Welp. I suppose I may as well dip back into it to poke ODNers to visit us, since communication was the main apparent issue. ;)

argent-cn.com or #argent.

The main issue was we consider PIATs as stepping stones to bigger things, and we see none of these treaties fulfilling that. Lack of communication is a part, but not the sole, and probably not main issue.

How common is this 'PIAT's are stepping stones' idea.. I can see the merits to it, but it also seems to limit which friends you can actually treaty with, depending on which sides of the treaty web they're on. Now, I know in your case you're pretty much just trying to have one simple coherent treaty policy, but I see no reason why an alliance couldn't just have at least PIATs or NAPs with alliances they're friendly with, but know they'll never hold MDP's because of where they are on the treaty web. I hate the new trend that anything under an MDP is useless.

As easy and convenient as it would be for me to jump on the bandwagon and lampoon ODN for its past, I, unlike some of the others posting, realize it's just that: the past. You see, no one is bound by their past. Those of us - whether it be MK, whether it be GOONS, or whether it be ODN - who have had questionable pasts can, and have, made efforts to change things. Based on ODN's recent actions and comments, they seem to be making that change (from an alliance of "Optional" defense to one that can be trusted by its allies). Now you don't have to believe that they've changed, that's a different issue entirely. But lets not kid ourselves: Because they've had a questionable past does not at all mean they can't and that they haven't changed.

Time will tell what ODN is and has become. We can be rash and judgmental, or we can give them a chance to prove themselves. Personally, I choose the latter.

On topic, and I know I'm late here, but it's always a bummer to have to cancel treaties, especially with alliances you once considered friends. But if the state of the relationship doesn't warrant the treaty involved then there's simply no point in maintaining it. You gotta do what you gotta do.

How common is this 'PIAT's are stepping stones' idea.. I can see the merits to it, but it also seems to limit which friends you can actually treaty with, depending on which sides of the treaty web they're on. Now, I know in your case you're pretty much just trying to have one simple coherent treaty policy, but I see no reason why an alliance couldn't just have at least PIATs or NAPs with alliances they're friendly with, but know they'll never hold MDP's because of where they are on the treaty web. I hate the new trend that anything under an MDP is useless.

To be entirely honest, this policy is an absolute necessity. ODN cannot afford to make another mistake. Therefore, to be unable to come to a MDP'd ally's help due to a PIAT or NAP that we don't see developing further is a risk we cannot afford to make.

SirWilliam - Its appreciated, and I thank you for your support (or at least giving us a chance)