Situation Normal: Anti Fraud Update

Stetson76

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will find the differences in words you used later [ooc: I'm going out] Either way the rest of that post stood. One word against another with Nemesis having no way of knowing which is the truth.

I look forwad to it.

The fact remains, that there is a deal to resolve this once and for all on the table. A deal that Nemesis has, at least conditionally, agreed to so this situation can all go away fairly easily.

Technically LE's nation is superior to Believland's in almost every way, regardless of the wars he has partaken in. 3500 tech at 443 days isn't bad at all. Aside from a gremlin nation he's the largest nation around his nation age.

Getting curbstomped by DefCon and Cronnies around 2999 infra. Sure if I'd have joined an alliance that was never in a war, nor have I been in two wars. My nation would be larger than his

Yes, I would still maintain my position because I believe that writing guides, and editing guides or reformatting guides, however you want to say it makes the person who is writing, editing, or reformatting the guides the new sole owner of that new creation; no matter if it is in the line of duty or not.

I have reformatted your post by removing a comma. I am now the sole owner of that post.

How does that even make sense?

-Bama

I thought this would be dead once SNAFU proposed a solution and Nemesis agreed. Weird to see an argument still raging (especially one as inane as this).

That said, I am shocked to find myself taking the same position as TBB and Heft. :blink:

Terrifying.

I have authored guides from whole cloth for alliances that I eventually left. Those guides remained there. Whether they were theirs or mine wasn’t ever an issue. Even if they were mine, they had been gifted to the alliance by virtue of my posting them.

Besides. If it was my work, based on my knowledge, there is no difficulty at all of writing them again in my new alliance. At the same time, with the experience and knowledge I'd added in the time since they'd been written, I would be able to write better and more up to date guides that included the newest of changes and additions to the game.

If it was not wholly my work, or if my knowledge or experience weren’t sufficient to allow me to recreate the guides, then I’d understand the need to hold on to the old ones as tightly as I could.

As already pointed out several times the guides are not the real issue here, the issue has always been the delibrate sabotage of our guides (which, regardness of what Nemesis thinks, we consider to be our property) intending to do harm to SNAFU. At the end of the day, we want a suitable punishment for this action. A deal is on the table, which I hope LE will accept and Nemesis will do their part in what needs to be done.

I don't care what his role in their creation was, deleting them without any warning was an absolutely despicable act by Lord Exodus. The whole principle of any decent alliance is that the whole is greater than the individual - apparently Exodus hasn't learned that lesson. Hopefully he will be taught such by my friends in Nemesis, though I'll be honest I don't hold out much hope for his "rehabilitation".

I don't care what his role in their creation was, deleting them without any warning was an absolutely despicable act by Lord Exodus. The whole principle of any decent alliance is that the whole is greater than the individual - apparently Exodus hasn't learned that lesson. Hopefully he will be taught such by my friends in Nemesis, though I'll be honest I don't hold out much hope for his "rehabilitation".

But I am a magic man Chimy! I rehabilitated T-O-P, LE should be a push over :P

Hey guys.

First off, He is under the protection of Nemesis, as he is a member.

Second off, SNAFU and Nemesis can reach an agreement amicably.

Third off, Nemesis considers everyone as having the ability to receive a second chance. We do not believe in denying anyone that, for reasons such as these. It was a mistake, from what I can tell due to his personal opinions on intellectual property. I will be further looking into it, but as of now that is my opinion.

I invite anyone with any concerns on this matter to contact me privately, if I see something in this thread I will do my best to reply.

Thanks.

Edit: Just read a couple more posts. Thanks guys, glad to see how much you love us :)

And to Stetson, I offer you apologies for any hardships this thread or this situation has caused you. You are a quite respectable person.

Edited by Penlugue Solaris

Technically LE's nation is superior to Believland's in almost every way, regardless of the wars he has partaken in. 3500 tech at 443 days isn't bad at all. Aside from a gremlin nation he's the largest nation around his nation age.

This seems unlikely.

He's 4K bigger than Boxey and 70 days older. Boxey is not the best nation-builder I know, doesn't donate, etc. Boxey also has 426K casualties. Assuming Boxey contains to buy tech over the next 60 days, he will be about 200 tech behind where LE is now, not bad considering he took a few nukes in Karma. And he'll have one more wonder than LE.

I just want to start off by saying... Lord Exodus is considered a friend of mine.

That being said. I still do not approve of him deleting the guides off the forum as he did. Some of those guides were ones created by me that he “edited” into his “Joker” themed persona. Yes, other guides were made by various other SNAFU members including Stetson76, or friends of the alliance.

I am currently the Power Behind the Throne (second-in-command) at SNAFU. Prior to this position I was the Director of Illicit Affairs (Internal Affairs to you normal people). I was the boss of Lord Exodus. I asked him to create numerous guides that never came to fruition – I know the reason, because they were too hard to make with his limited knowledge of the game (not my words either – they come from my friend, LE). Instead, I would point him in the direction of others that would gladly loan him their knowledge in order for him to compose a guide. However, like I said, that never happened. Guides in SNAFU were created long ago and only went through “beautification” in which LE styled and formatted them in his Lord Exodus/Joker theme and added the following image to...

CompiledbyLordExodus2.png

As you can see, even Lord Exodus knows he only compiled the guides.

For those of you slow on the uptake... or those that like to change definitions to suit their purpose. The definition of compiled is: to compose out of materials from other documents. So, seriously I would like to know how Nemesis claims that Lord Exodus said he is the author of such works when he himself knew he wasn't?

I, along with Stetson76, went to bat for Lord Exodus. We arranged it so that our last alliance would not see him joining SNAFU as an act of war. He wanted to follow us, to be with us. We worked hard to allow him that. I gave him the job under me as dDoIA:Education because he refused other jobs saying he was strapped for time and energy and wanted something easier to do. I offered him the easiest job I had (and he knew it was easy) to be the Educator. I told him then, the guides were already in place and he would just have to worry about making new ones when they were requested (which as I said before really didn't happen either) – he was very appreciative of the “mindless” job. As time went on he wanted more to do... not the guides I wanted created however... and so he styled some more, created images as headers and had me make him categories for the guides, then he moved the guides around and classified them into specific groupings.

One example, in Lord Exodus' own words: Note that Events are updated based on posts made to the Events forum. That is just another classic example of how he just “compiled” guides. Is that really called ownership?

I like LE. I hope he finds a new home (alliance) and all that. If Nemesis wants him, and he of them, more power to the both of them. Good luck! Seriously. I wish everyone the best. However, what LE did was still wrong and he needs to apologize for what he did. I thought he considered me as a friend as well and I am hurt that he would choose to do something to the department that I so graciously gave him reign over.

Just goes to show you that indeed, trust is not always received as much as it is given. Such events are unfortunate, however it has the positive side effect of making the inner-alliance trust stronger as a whole. Good luck with the healing.

o/

Edited by x8BitL0gic

I realize this is late on a Saturday night for most of Planet Bob, and so will not get immediate attention however I may not be around tomorrow early evening to post it.

It has been 4 days since the incident in question occurred and well over 24 hours since our offer of a resolution was put on the table and conditionally accepted by Nemesis, pending Lord Exodus' agreement. I have no proof other than my own two eyes that he was logged on and reading this thread earlier this evening so is, or should be, fully aware of what the situation is. I am at this point requesting some sort of idea as to when he may decide to make an appearance either personally or through his alliance's representatives. I don't think I'm being overly hasty here, after all, SNAFU was expected to wake up to a lack of our training materials 4 days ago and reconsitute over a year's worth of guides with no notice whatsoever.

I want to than Bob of Nemesis whom I spoke with this evening for his understanding and promise of assistance getting this matter resolved.

I realize this is late on a Saturday night for most of Planet Bob, and so will not get immediate attention however I may not be around tomorrow early evening to post it.

It has been 4 days since the incident in question occurred and well over 24 hours since our offer of a resolution was put on the table and conditionally accepted by Nemesis, pending Lord Exodus' agreement. I have no proof other than my own two eyes that he was logged on and reading this thread earlier this evening so is, or should be, fully aware of what the situation is. I am at this point requesting some sort of idea as to when he may decide to make an appearance either personally or through his alliance's representatives. I don't think I'm being overly hasty here, after all, SNAFU was expected to wake up to a lack of our training materials 4 days ago and reconsitute over a year's worth of guides with no notice whatsoever.

I want to than Bob of Nemesis whom I spoke with this evening for his understanding and promise of assistance getting this matter resolved.

I don't see a question in there anywhere. could you clarify please?

Edited by JCFalkenberg

I don't see a question in there anywhere. could you clarify please?

I love you JC, he is asking when LE will be making an apperance or credible evidence that LE will do what has been asked of him, by either LE himself or a Nemesis representative.

I am at this point requesting some sort of idea as to when he may decide to make an appearance either personally or through his alliance's representatives.

Thanks Daggarz, I know I tend to write in a dense manner, so I thought I'd highlight the fact that indeed, I didn't ask a question, I made a request in case anyone else has a hard time picking it out.

OK it has taken me some time but I finally read this whole soap opera, while I hear a lot of name calling and blame shifting I have not read much in way of a solution to the problem at hand. The replacement of the guides. You are a active part of the purple family now, if you seek out some help I am quite sure that you will be able to put together a far better set of guides than you had in the past. However i do strongly suggest that you keep a copy of them somewhere off of the forums as well for safe keeping.

OK it has taken me some time but I finally read this whole soap opera, while I hear a lot of name calling and blame shifting I have not read much in way of a solution to the problem at hand. The replacement of the guides. You are a active part of the purple family now, if you seek out some help I am quite sure that you will be able to put together a far better set of guides than you had in the past. However i do strongly suggest that you keep a copy of them somewhere off of the forums as well for safe keeping.

Thom, I do believe that they reconstructed the guides both through older copies of the originals LE worked on as well as some original work. Several alliances have offered to help in replacing the guides but I don't think SNAFU has accepted any of them, as the replacement was mostly complete already.