Union of Communist Republics- Recognition of War

slonq

:facepalms:

Wow, Brengstklau screwed up here. Aren't people at a level where something so irrelevent dosen't have to cause such a big issue. I sincerely hope that you guys resolve this soon, for the sake of both of your alliances.

GOOD NEWS! It's been resolved

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What a bargain. I'll tell you what, if Brengstklau or GDA raids one of my guys they may not get the opportunity to apologize or pay reps.

It's disgraceful they put you in that position.

Do you live by the standards you set to other people?

You did get something peace and respect. Alliances far larger than yours don't have that. Now don't blow it.
Quoted for truthiness.

Not only that, but now you've seen who has come to your side in this conflict. Always worth building relations with those of a like mind. Congratulations getting this resolved.

Also quoted for truthines.

Nicely done UCR.

The first people to go to if you have problem with some small bully alliance is the protector. Of course, spreading it out on the OWF damages their public image significantly, but also raises the chances of escalating the situation. Most protectors are senior alliance who know what they are doing and generally listen to people. I bet my hairy butt GDA would have just told your aggressors to declare peace and pay reps for what they have done.

Nonetheless, thanks for the entertainment.

Was that intended as a snipe? I'd like to see you try to find an example of the us bullying a raid target. To save you the time, there aren't any.

One could argue the act of raiding is bullying. ;)

Glad things got worked out here. I wish UCR would have walked away with reps, though. At the very least something for the the nation who initially got raided.

I wanted to ask for reps..but certain people told me that the war would end up being very costly for my alliance.

If you would provide me a link to the raided nation, I would be happy to help in this pathetic excuse for settlement. If your interested in a little more help pm me and we can talk more.

Congrats on peace.

Now, I don't know if you do it differently, but if someone raids a GDA nation, I head on over to the offending party's IRC channel, let someone know about it, we discuss reparations, and we both go on our merry way. I do not send 3 nations to counterattack, because that just escalates the situation.

Had the Brengstklau's initial aggressor offered peace to his victim I would agree that a wiser and fairer course of action of the UCR would have been to discuss peace and reparations (to be taken, not to be given of course).

However, until the attacking nation sent peace, it was 100% correct to send "nations to counterattack": the UCR couldn't know if the Brengstklau's nation was going to withdraw and they had all the right to "remove" the threat it may have represented, as quickly as possible. That was a flawless military handling of a military issue: when one is the aggressor can't complain for the lack of bon ton in one's victim's reaction...

(If the Brengstklau's nation had already offered peace, of course - and had they not forwarded their inexplicable request for reparations - I would on the other hand have found the UCR's behaviour to have been unreasonable and harmful.)

The first people to go to if you have problem with some small bully alliance is the protector. Of course, spreading it out on the OWF damages their public image significantly, but also raises the chances of escalating the situation. Most protectors are senior alliance who know what they are doing and generally listen to people. I bet my hairy butt GDA would have just told your aggressors to declare peace and pay reps for what they have done.

Nonetheless, thanks for the entertainment.

GDA was (is) the protector of the aggressor...

UCR should of looked for a diplomatic solution instead of retaliating to the original attack, so although the first attack was unjustified, most likely it had nothing to do with his alliance and was unauthorised. Either way, good luck in your war ;)

Never much liked communist :P, but I do hope you guys find a peaceful end to this situation, and that you will be payed in reparations the damages you received, but none the less, until then, good hunting.

EDIT: err.. just noticed wars over. :P lol

Edited by Airikr

Ah, this is an interesting debate on yet another "unsaid" rule of planet bob that I doubt has been touched for years.

On one hand, a lot of raiding alliances do say to the raiders "you're taking a risk, if you get slapped around, that's your problem". But that comes with alot of implict meaning.

Like, say someone like Poison Clan raids some random 6 member alliance, and forgot to do their research. Whoops, they were protected by TDO (lol). Now, if that guy who was attacked fights back with even a greater force, people generally say that's fine. But if TDO decides to ZI said raider, I doubt few would stand for that.

Raiding policies would be more accurately tacked on with this: However, we won't stand for excessive retaliation. However the raiding policies need to sound tough and like a stern warning so, it's usually more of a silent understanding of the boundaries of that.

And as for this case, bad PR move on GDA's protectorate. But sending 2 extra nations for retaliation is overly excessive. Wars/raids is all about losing pixels, and pixels can easily be repaired with 3 mil aid packages, not uh, escalating things.

And as for this case, bad PR move on GDA's protectorate. But sending 2 extra nations for retaliation is overly excessive. Wars/raids is all about losing pixels, and pixels can easily be repaired with 3 mil aid packages, not uh, escalating things.

If you checked their AA, they have no large nations capable of sending a lot of 3mil packages

Ah, this is an interesting debate on yet another "unsaid" rule of planet bob that I doubt has been touched for years.

On one hand, a lot of raiding alliances do say to the raiders "you're taking a risk, if you get slapped around, that's your problem". But that comes with alot of implict meaning.

Like, say someone like Poison Clan raids some random 6 member alliance, and forgot to do their research. Whoops, they were protected by TDO (lol). Now, if that guy who was attacked fights back with even a greater force, people generally say that's fine. But if TDO decides to ZI said raider, I doubt few would stand for that.

Raiding policies would be more accurately tacked on with this: However, we won't stand for excessive retaliation. However the raiding policies need to sound tough and like a stern warning so, it's usually more of a silent understanding of the boundaries of that.

In my opinion, anyone raiding a nation should do so at their own risk. This means that their alliance will not involve itself in any way except for diplomatic solution. I have just started partaking in tech raiding and i was nuked twice by one of my victims. I personally laughed about it, chucked a couple of nukes back and had a nice conversation with my victim. I in fact even invited him to join IAA since i liked his spirit. Never once did i even take the matter of me being nuked back to my alliance until someone asked about it. ZI should never be a sentence for a raider who is just raiding. Though for a raider who extorts or breaks their own charter, harsher reprimands should be had.

-Snip-

Now, I don't know if you do it differently, but if someone raids a GDA nation, I head on over to the offending party's IRC channel, let someone know about it, we discuss reparations, and we both go on our merry way. I do not send 3 nations to counterattack, because that just escalates the situation. And I think it's safe to say, about 90% of raids out there are simply nations who do not know the general rules of CN and have no other malicious intent.

I have said I am working on a solution, and I am hopeful that this can resolve peacefully, as I have said before. For the last time (because someone will probably miss this part) the reparations asked by ICB are something I don't agree with.

Now I don't know about YOU, but when a nation raids me, he's not getting away, he's getting attacked. The burden of peace here isn't on a nation and or alliance getting attacked; but on the attacker. Any and all alliances should be given a chance to defend their own from the start.

That being said, I am glad to see you trying to solve the situation diplomatically. Good luck to both sides, and I'm glad to see some people standing up for themselves.

Now, I don't know if you do it differently, but if someone raids a GDA nation, I head on over to the offending party's IRC channel, let someone know about it, we discuss reparations, and we both go on our merry way. I do not send 3 nations to counterattack, because that just escalates the situation. And I think it's safe to say, about 90% of raids out there are simply nations who do not know the general rules of CN and have no other malicious intent.

If someone raids me, they have precisely 24 hours from declaration moment to arrange reps before I launch.