Aqua Surpassed Blue!

Mentor

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For some of us, Aqua has always surpassed Blue. ;)

That's my exact same thought...

o/ Aqua, the only sphere where I can have a trade set with 3 very notable people in CN and still manage to lose my marble/lumber trade once a month.

You can't complain: there's that notable guy that always finds a replacement... ;)

Aqua should just unite to "outlaw" raiding on Aqua, and it could easily become the number one...

Aqua should just unite to "outlaw" raiding on Aqua, and it could easily become the number one...

)): Red sphere )):

Good idea, maybe we all spheres should outlaw tech raiding, or force red to legalize it.

Not that unexpected. Adding the beating BLEU took summer last year to the beating all the other blue alliances took a few months ago, I just wonder what took black and aqua so long.

Worth to point out both times Black and Aqua were on the winning side of both wars - except for the Complaints & Grievances group last year - which is still a minority compared to MHA, TDO (who is neutral), Grämlins, FARK and Ragnarok where all the 5 were or are sanctioned or would have been sanctioned at a point if they had the members.

EDIT: Now that I think of it, every single blue team alliance that existed last year took a beating in a space of a year. How could we ever keep the first place sigh

Pretty much, yeah. We were #1 for a good long time. When BLEU was in its prime we were actually inviting alliances to move to blue, and encouraging new alliances to form on it. I'm still proud of what we were able to do for the blue team, in terms of sheer numbers of nations and trades and such.

But you are right, a fall in position was expected due to the string of wars and collapse of all the econ treaties. It would be nice to see us rebuild, but it will take a while.

Until then, enjoy your success, Aqua. We're coming for you.

Aqua Number 5? In my CN? It's more likely than you think. Actually I doubt it's feasible now, but if some game changes are made to make protecting ones sphere more important then it might well be in the future.

Also: the fact that I am engaged in moving nations from other spheres to the aqua sphere at an alarming rate (oh trades) may have something to do with this. :awesome:

Aqua FTW

Edited by Londo Mollari

The whole aqua unity idea has been tossed around actively for well over two years now, pretty much since the original BTA switched to the sphere before GWIII started. All the neighbors on aqua have seemed to get along pretty well without a color unity movement, I think ironically some of the biggest spats have been about the formation of a color unity treaty. It's possible some sort of formal unity agreement might arise but I'd bet on the status quo holding in anything but the long term.

Not that unexpected. Adding the beating BLEU took summer last year to the beating all the other blue alliances took a few months ago, I just wonder what took black and aqua so long.

Worth to point out both times Black and Aqua were on the winning side of both wars - except for the Complaints & Grievances group last year - which is still a minority compared to MHA, TDO (who is neutral), Grämlins, FARK and Ragnarok where all the 5 were or are sanctioned or would have been sanctioned at a point if they had the members.

EDIT: Now that I think of it, every single blue team alliance that existed last year took a beating in a space of a year. How could we ever keep the first place sigh

4 out of the 6 aqua alliances in the top 20 committed themselves very heavily and took more than a 20% loss as part of Karma's side. http://cybernations.wikia.com/wiki/Karma_W..._Shift_of_Power

Not that other colors didn't get hit harder because they had alliances on the other side, but aqua took some significant damage.

The whole aqua unity idea has been tossed around actively for well over two years now, pretty much since the original BTA switched to the sphere before GWIII started. All the neighbors on aqua have seemed to get along pretty well without a color unity movement, I think ironically some of the biggest spats have been about the formation of a color unity treaty. It's possible some sort of formal unity agreement might arise but I'd bet on the status quo holding in anything but the long term.

We get along fine until we try to get along together. :wacko:

4 out of the 6 aqua alliances in the top 20 committed themselves very heavily and took more than a 20% loss as part of Karma's side. http://cybernations.wikia.com/wiki/Karma_W..._Shift_of_Power

Not that other colors didn't get hit harder because they had alliances on the other side, but aqua took some significant damage.

Considering those 4 alliances were on the offensive and only took 20% damage, BLEU in the previous war was all but reduced to nothing, and Echelon, NADC, and MCXA were driven into the ground this time around. It's no surprise that Blue was passed by Aqua. Blue had its golden age during BLEU, and now it seems that Aqua and Black are experiencing their own booms. Orange, on the otherhand, has always hidden in Blue's shadow. :P

Congrats Aqua. Don't take this the wrong way, but I'm actually a bit surprised. With the recent rise of Polar and the noticeable decline in strength of GRE and RoK (The latter being due to war) I never would have foreseen Aqua overtaking Blue so quickly.

Tip of the hat to you.