The August Revolution

Schattenmann

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is not a name that should ever be mentioned in a thread about those who stood up for something once upon a time.

Wait, we have had this conversation a couple of times now, and it always ends the same way. You go on and on about how I am apparently a horrible person (to which I don't disagree) and then you start crying about how I build myself up on past accomplishments and then I point out that I at least have some past accomplishments to draw on aside from petty !@#$%^&* talking and you scurry away for a while. Is it really necessary to continue? Sour grapes and all that.

It is readily apparent to the majority of those here that I always stand up for what I believe, even if it puts my alliance and my allies occasionally into anxiety driven fits. I don't believe the same can be said for you.

Under the pseudonym of Candide I was a member of Vox, albeit for four days. I quit Vox in objection their war with the Old Guard. I thought it was unnecessary and deflected resources and attention away from their real enemy.

Edited by Ch33kY

No Pacifican should ever have to worry about using my name to justify their actions. Everything I ever did under that banner was to push the cause of the New Pacific Order above all else.

It was a poor joke and perhaps easy to misunderstand.

I will always respect you, Ivan Moldavi, Imperator Emeritus of the New Pacific Order.

Edited by Weirdgus

Compelling argument. Come back when you have something to add besides a "no u."

That's funny because all you said in the first place was "NPO didn't lose GPW."

Maybe you should take your own advice good sir.

Wait, we have had this conversation a couple of times now, and it always ends the same way. You go on and on about how I am apparently a horrible person (to which I don't disagree) and then you start crying about how I build myself up on past accomplishments and then I point out that I at least have some past accomplishments to draw on aside from petty !@#$%^&* talking and you scurry away for a while. Is it really necessary to continue? Sour grapes and all that.

It is readily apparent to the majority of those here that I always stand up for what I believe, even if it puts my alliance and my allies occasionally into anxiety driven fits. I don't believe the same can be said for you.

Really? Are you saying Doitzel doesn't stand up for what he believes in? Come on. De Profundis? How about being a founding member of Vox Populi, as well as it's first leader, three-time Senator, and member from day one until the end?

Doitzel has a history of standing for far more than you, Ivan. I'd like for you to point out to me a time when you stood for justice against great odds. Then I'll give you a gram of respect.

Under the pseudonym of Candide I was a member of Vox, albeit for four days. I quit Vox in objection their war with the Old Guard. I thought it was unnecessary and deflected resources and attention away from their real enemy.

Old Guard declared war on us. It wasn't a war we initiated or wanted, it just came with the job.

Ask any government member of OG. Numerous attempts at peace were made.

Vox had not declared on Old Guard, rather the other way around. Vox had been engaged with ODN, when Vox had swelled greatly the ODN needed help and OG was the one to help them. You've nothing really to lose once you've been put on EZI given your alliance affiliation, Reyne was also a very active enforcer of EZI.

(Just had to point that one out, sorry)

Vox had not declared on Old Guard, rather the other way around. Vox had been engaged with ODN, when Vox had swelled greatly the ODN needed help and OG was the one to help them. You've nothing really to lose once you've been put on EZI given your alliance affiliation, Reyne was also a very active enforcer of EZI.

(Just had to point that one out, sorry)

She was also good enough about letting people off.

Old Guard declared war on us.

A member of Vox Populi attacked a nation that was flying "Grand Global Alliance," an alliance we declared war on. Old Guard claimed that the nation was an applicant to Old Guard (I guess she wasn't flying Old Guard Applicant because OG either poached her or she wanted to avoid ZI for leaving GGA without approval, or both). Old Guard told the Vox nation to stand down, the Vox nation told OG to sit on it, so OG came into our IRC channel and "since Vox [was] an anarchy" spoke to the first person they ran across. That person apparently also told Old Guard to sit on it, so--having exhausted all diplomatic means--OG declared war on Vox Populi. Once the legitimate leadership of Vox got in touch with OG, Reyne was already all bonered up for war and refused to acknowledge any further contact except when she needed an opening totell us who else was on EZI.

The problems with OG's fool's rush in are glaring. But, when you've been riding greatness's coattails for as long as OG had been, you think you can do anything. It was unfortunate that OG put Vox at odds with Citadel, but then again Citadel carried OG during more stupid stuff so they probably didn't mind that screwup either.

The "applicant" that OG declared war to defend no longer exists.

Also, funny coincedence. I saw that your comment on my profile was under this new "Ch33ky" name last night, I'm surprised you've outted yourself.

Either way, as I said before, every member's stay whether an hour or 6 months made a difference.

She was also good enough about letting people off.

Hah! Myworld was "good enough" to let me off PZI 3 or so weeks after he was gigantic asswipe enough to put me on it. That's some serious battered wife mentality, there, NF. I don't recognize the "magnanimity" of tyrants, and I dare say that when the tables got turned on Myworld and others that they felt the same way.

Edited by Schattenmann

Being GPA gov at the time Vox was founded kept me from doing much to help you guys out of fear that it would end up coming back to haunt the GPA, but I really wanted you guys to win, despite my refusal to aid you at the time. I'm proud to have voted Cylon for green senator. Served GGA right after they kicked all the other candidates out.

That's funny because all you said in the first place was "NPO didn't lose GPW."

Maybe you should take your own advice good sir.

Really? Are you saying Doitzel doesn't stand up for what he believes in? Come on. De Profundis? How about being a founding member of Vox Populi, as well as it's first leader, three-time Senator, and member from day one until the end?

Doitzel has a history of standing for far more than you, Ivan. I'd like for you to point out to me a time when you stood for justice against great odds. Then I'll give you a gram of respect.

Old Guard declared war on us. It wasn't a war we initiated or wanted, it just came with the job.

Ask any government member of OG. Numerous attempts at peace were made.

First, I never found Vox Populi to be that compelling or successful, playing the class clown and throwing up a few out of context screenshots every other week or so hardly a movement makes.

Second, he was Senator? Three whole times? Oh, my my, how glorious. *rolleyes*

Third, that wall of text amounts to little more than highlighting a single event, wow, he got the scoop on someone spying. That has never happened before.

Aside from all that, have you ever actually heard of Pacifica? I mean the real underlying creed that the greatest alliance this world will probably ever know was built upon? Where do you think that underlying ideology came from? Surely you don't think the only personality and force pushing the New Pacific Order from day one was some propaganda about userites? Do you think the passage through the GPW was built on the back of a tabloid?

I created standing up for what you believe in this world. I lived it and breathed it with every speech in private and public, and I still do. I draw the crowds because of it, I have those that hate me and those that praise me because of it. I never have to follow lesser leaders like yourself around in an attempt to discredit you, because you and those like you always flock to me.

I have been away for a while and do not command the legions I once did but I still know damn well that this is The Moldavi Show.

EDIT: Grammar, originally posted from my phone.

Edited by Ivan Moldavi

First, I never found Vox Populi to be that compelling or successful, playing the class clown and throwing up a few out of context screenshots every other week or so hardly a movement makes.

Second, he was Senator? Three whole times? Oh, my my, how glorious. *rolleyes*

Third, that wall of text amounts to little more than highlighting a single event, wow, he got the scoop on someone spying. That has never happened before.

Aside from all that, have you ever actually heard of Pacifica? I mean the real underlying creed that the greatest alliance this world will probably ever know was built upon? Where do you think that underlying ideology came from? Surely you don't think the only personality and force pushing the New Pacific Order from day one was some propaganda about userites? Do you think the passage through the GPW was built on the back of a tabloid?

I created standing up for what you believe in this world. I lived it and breathed it with every speech in private and public, and I still do. I draw the crowds because of it, I have those that hate me and those that praise me because of it. I never have to follow lesser leaders like yourself around in an attempt to discredit you, because you and those like you always flock to me.

I have been away for a while and do not command the legions I once did but I still know damn well that this is The Moldavi Show.

EDIT: Grammar, originally posted from my phone.

I don't recall saying, "Hey Ivan, what did you think of Vox?" I told you to state when you have stood for justice. What you've responded with is gloating about your ego, sarcastic jabs at Vox, and a whole bunch of crap that didn't respond to what I asked.

You can't say "Hey, look at Pacifica, I built it." and use it as an example of standing for justice, because Pacifica has never stood for justice. You built an alliance that used PZI on a mass scale, started numerous wars, instilled viceroys, forced alliances into disbandment, and crippled numerous other. Congrats, you clearly have brought justice to a dark world.

Next, how am I a lesser leader than yourself? Please explain what makes you better than me. Next, that's completely ridiculous to claim I flock to you. You came into a thread about an anniversarry of an alliance I founded, led, and was a member of from day one, and insulted a very close and loyal friend of mine. Is putting you in your place following you? Sorry, Ivan, it's our anniversarry and you aren't gonna come in here and ruin it with stupid lies.

What exactly have you accomplished in this game to assume you are so much better than me? The one and only time we met on the battlefield, you walked away with your head down, in defeat.

Your ego doesn't match your accomplishments.

I don't recall saying, "Hey Ivan, what did you think of Vox?" I told you to state when you have stood for justice. What you've responded with is gloating about your ego, sarcastic jabs at Vox, and a whole bunch of crap that didn't respond to what I asked.

You can't say "Hey, look at Pacifica, I built it." and use it as an example of standing for justice, because Pacifica has never stood for justice. You built an alliance that used PZI on a mass scale, started numerous wars, instilled viceroys, forced alliances into disbandment, and crippled numerous other. Congrats, you clearly have brought justice to a dark world.

Next, how am I a lesser leader than yourself? Please explain what makes you better than me. Next, that's completely ridiculous to claim I flock to you. You came into a thread about an anniversarry of an alliance I founded, led, and was a member of from day one, and insulted a very close and loyal friend of mine. Is putting you in your place following you? Sorry, Ivan, it's our anniversarry and you aren't gonna come in here and ruin it with stupid lies.

What exactly have you accomplished in this game to assume you are so much better than me? The one and only time we met on the battlefield, you walked away with your head down, in defeat.

Your ego doesn't match your accomplishments.

Umm, actually, I responded to an insult from your friend to myself. Claiming that I instigated any issue in your little discussion is really a poor effort. The fact that he and you had to comment on me at all validates much of what I claim. I did not seek you or him out. You and I have never met on a battlefield that I am aware of. If you were part of the Coalition of Losers so long ago, bravo, you didn't make an impression, I don't remember you, although you remember me, which, again, proves my points.

The Pacifica you describe didn't exist three years ago, no matter how much revisionism you wish to throw at it. I was always opposed to EZI, even on a small scale, I never pushed for an alliance to disband and the wars I started were to either push an agenda, as any actual good leader would do, or to pursue Justice, sometimes at the expense of my own positioning. The only act I ever took as Emperor that I regret was the oath given to the ODN. It was overly harsh and unnecessary and shouldn't have happened, everything else that was spawned from my direct intervention was wholly reasonable as a convention of war and justice.

As to the rest of your tripe, my responses were clear and direct, I don't stutter. Plus, what is this "game" you speak of?

You can not find posts from me on this forum or even the original boards where I go out of my way just to insult someone's past accomplishments. The only time I ever comment on such things at all is when I am defending myself against such classless and baseless attacks on my character. I have never stated that I am the only person to have done great things in the Cyberverse, but I am aware of the things that I have done. I don't really see the cause of the insecurity you and others demonstrate by feeling the need to point out your opinion of my past at every opportunity. It is a bit sad.

Edited by Ivan Moldavi

The Pacifica you describe didn't exist three years ago, no matter how much revisionism you wish to throw at it. I was always opposed to EZI, even on a small scale, I never pushed for an alliance to disband and the wars I started were to either push an agenda, as any actual good leader would do, or to pursue Justice, sometimes at the expense of my own positioning. The only act I ever took as Emperor that I regret was the oath given to the ODN. It was overly harsh and unnecessary and shouldn't have happened, everything else that was spawned from my direct intervention was wholly reasonable as a convention of war and justice.

You forget how you originally planned never giving peace to NAAC as a whole during the Second Polar War and how the only reason they got said peace was because your allies said "K, have fun" and peaced with NAAC.

Umm, actually, I responded to an insult from your friend to myself. Claiming that I instigated any issue in your little discussion is really a poor effort. The fact that he and you had to comment on me at all validates much of what I claim. I did not seek you or him out. You and I have never met on a battlefield that I am aware of. If you were part of the Coalition of Losers so long ago, bravo, you didn't make an impression, I don't remember you, although you remember me, which, again, proves my points.

As to the rest of your tripe, my responses were clear and direct, I don't stutter. Plus, what is this "game" you speak of?

You can not find posts from me on this forum or even the original boards where I go out of my way just to insult someone's past accomplishments. The only time I ever comment on such things at all is when I am defending myself against such classless and baseless attacks on my character. I have never stated that I am the only person to have done great things in the Cyberverse, but I am aware of the things that I have done. I don't really see the cause of the insecurity you and others demonstrate by feeling the need to point out your opinion of my past at every opportunity. It is a bit sad.

Coalition of Losers? I was a member of LUE the day you clowns attacked and got a beatdown. It was funny to watch you admitting defeat, stepping down, and hiding your face in shame. Of course I remember you, just the same way you would remember Prodigal Chieftain. It's no compliment, it just means you were the public face of a beaten alliance.

What happened to the greatest alliance we have ever seen? What happened to an amazing culture started by you? You almost seem ashamed of Pacifica, but only moments ago you were gloating. In your short reign you started numerous wars and as a result your alliance was eventually smashed. You were no great leader, you were an aggressive war monger who couldn't even defeat a lulz alliance.

Stop playing the victim, like I jumped at your throat. You insulted Doitzel with an utterly ridiculous statement. As a result I am putting you in your place. I didn't seek you out like you claim. You showed up acting like a fool.

You're a real triple threat. Warmonger, ineffective, egotistical leader, and a psychologist. Amazing.

Finally, stop dragging alliances into this. Do you ever handle business man to man? Everytime I post you bring up my alliance and not myself. If you have a problem with me, address it with me.

Coalition of Losers? I was a member of LUE the day you clowns attacked and got a beatdown. It was funny to watch you admitting defeat, stepping down, and hiding your face in shame. Of course I remember you, just the same way you would remember Prodigal Chieftain. It's no compliment, it just means you were the public face of a beaten alliance.

What happened to the greatest alliance we have ever seen? What happened to an amazing culture started by you? You almost seem ashamed of Pacifica, but only moments ago you were gloating. In your short reign you started numerous wars and as a result your alliance was eventually smashed. You were no great leader, you were an aggressive war monger who couldn't even defeat a lulz alliance.

Stop playing the victim, like I jumped at your throat. You insulted Doitzel with an utterly ridiculous statement. As a result I am putting you in your place. I didn't seek you out like you claim. You showed up acting like a fool.

You're a real triple threat. Warmonger, ineffective, egotistical leader, and a psychologist. Amazing.

Finally, stop dragging alliances into this. Do you ever handle business man to man? Everytime I post you bring up my alliance and not myself. If you have a problem with me, address it with me.

The reason I bring up alliances is because I don't have a problem with you specifically, you aren't worth it. If I had a problem with you then I would follow you around, as you like to do with me, and comment every time you post. :rolleyes:

I do find it funny that you make a couple of completely incorrect assertions in there like they are facts. When did I step down and hide my face in shame? Surely you don't mean my resignation as Emperor, which occurred over a month after the end of the war and after the NPO was back as the #1 alliance in the Cyberverse? Could you perhaps elaborate on when this fanciful event occurred? Maybe you could also point out how it was LUE, and not GATO, or Legion or ODN, or any of the other competent alliances that actually had the military prowess to stop the NPO, when acting en masse, that defeated me? LUE didn't do anything but play the victim and have others do their work for them. What a surprise they produced such a fine calibre leader as yourself.

You forget how you originally planned never giving peace to NAAC as a whole during the Second Polar War and how the only reason they got said peace was because your allies said "K, have fun" and peaced with NAAC.

You must have me at a disadvantage, I don't recall needing allies in the Second Polar War.

You must have me at a disadvantage, I don't recall needing allies in the Second Polar War.

Actually, John, for a historian, that claim is false on it's face.

The other alliances jumped in because the NAAC publicly admitted to spying on them (GATO, at least). God bless you, theBlitz. And Ivan actually withdrew the Rep countdown on his own initiative, what annoyed our "

allies" was the creation of Polaris, not some kind of demented grudge held against the Arctics.

Really? The only time I can remember you standing up for anything is to pass gas for an applauding audience. I suppose there was that one war three years ago that put international society into a mudhole that it's still trying to crawl out of but it's been rather a long time. I guess when you spend so much time encouraging myths of your own successes you start to believe them.

What I remember is the one man who had a chance to save the Pacific Order and who instead threw in the towel at the first sign of opposition. What I remember is enduring many months of that man's self-piteous whining -- a man afraid of even speaking his own name -- while we battled the monster that his inaction created. I wonder, Ivan, did you not want to stand up as Pacific tried to place Griswald on the Polar throne, or was it impossible to do so from within the foxhole you were hiding in?

No Pacifican should ever have to worry about using my name to justify their actions. Everything I ever did under that banner was to push the cause of the New Pacific Order above all else.

Remember when that cause turned into doing the bidding of weaker foreign alliances and you did **** all about it? Good times.