The August Revolution

Schattenmann

What is there to say? 378 days ago five men from wildly and widely varying walks of life deleted their nations and walked away from Digiterra. It seemed to them, and they hoped, that it would be forever.

Disgusted with the hatred between Pacifica and Polaris, Doitzel fell.

GOONS formally disbanded, the Hidden Goon Schattenmann fell.

Tired of the cowardice of the world, Rebel Virginia fell.

Convinced of the futility of life, Cheyenne fell.

Wearied by a life of defense of honor, Starfox101 fell.

Before Manic Monday, I had never spoken to Doitzel. I was so ignorant of the Francoist scum that when I did finally speak to him, I mistakenly called him an Imperator Emeritus. Starfox would just as soon set me on fire as speak to me after my bretrayal of his latest home, IAA. I held Rebel Virginia at arms length as he contacted me throughout the months to help bring down NPO.

In summary: We were all dysfunctional people warped by the world that we lived in, and eventually drowned by our passions and fetishes. I relay all this ancient history so that you know to desperation from which we came before all the glory.

365 days ago, however, we all had nothing to lose by speaking to each other. Without nations, we had no differences or suspicions.

365 days ago, we found that we all hated the same things, and we all loved similar things. And we resolved then not to succumb to the dysmal world we had left, but rather that we should cast off every suspicion, every grudge, and every petty difference in order that we might detroy that which had destroyed us.

And so, 365 days ago, the world we had abandoned laughed at our returning declaration:

Vox7-2.png

The people have spoken, and we have come back to be their voice.

Many of us have tried to live out our days in peace, even leave the game, however, on this day we shall know neither. We have watched as the Tyrannical, and criminal organizations have slaughtered the game to carve out a new world through force, and elimination. We shall no longer stand by and watch. It is a time to fight, so that all may know freedom. Even if our goal is not accomplished, we shall know that we did not sit by and watch as evil rises once again, we shall know that we gave our last breath to defend it.

The time has come for us to meet our maker and to repay him in kind for all that he's done.

Six rulers joined we 5 Manic Mondayers: Jonathan Brookbank, West of Eden, Moridin, MegaAros, ChickenZilla, and King_Srqt.

Over the next few days, hundreds of nations were moved by our frank and honest movement. For the first time in a long time, the rulers of Planet Bob saw a group of people standing up for what they believed in. They saw 11 men giving up everything in the face of the most powerful alliances that have every walked Digiterra for no other reason than that they could no longer abide the nauseating stench of the !@#$%^&* that was running this world, and running it into the ground at that.

This group of 11 misfits wearing the AA of an alliance that was once before trampled by the "tyrranical and criminal organizations" grew into 30, then 50, then 100, then 200 and more. Those that laughed from their gut on August 13th were, by August 16th, forcing their own nervous laughter while looking over their shoulders.

Finding a power not possessed by any who had oppressed them--that of nations truly convicted of their ideals--this Vox Populi collective harnessed itself without whips or chains to victories in the Green and Red senates.

As alliances who had entered the War of the Coalition with no passion left the field of battle, the will and passion of the voice of the people was steeled and set in hard resolve. The long war began. The real war began. It was not acceptable that one more criminal war should be quietly endorsed by begrudging reparations and wolf-smile handshakes.

It is true that the Vox Populi movement was catalyzed by the war against Polaris, and that as the war against Polaris waned, so too did the resolve of most rulers who had so eagerly joined against such a tangible catalyst. Facing what seemed to be a sunset of our new world, Vox Populi drew harder than ever on our ever-small pool of resources. At the point where most alliances disband and move on in times of peace, Vox Populi became more resolved to succeed than it had ever been on August 13. Renewal and resourcefulness, that is what Vox Populi excelled at.

You all know of the spy networks, of the endless war of words across every thread and in our own publications. You know the obstacles that we overcame as the old order tried trick after trick that had workd so well against so many conventional foes of the past. You know of our overwhelming success in the face of overwhelming odds.

On this 365th day since the Reformation and Declaration of Vox Populi, what you must all hear is not the words of our founding, which were short and vengeful though of earth-shattering importance, but the words of our dissolution:

To the world at large, we give warning. This is not the end of the struggle, for the struggle which Vox Populi has embraced is unending. It is a struggle against those who would take what is not theirs, those who would take advantage of all situations, those who seek nothing but personal gain without heed to the needs, thoughts, feelings, and well-being of others. It is a struggle against the purest form of practicality and pragmatism, which drives man to covet without any attention to morality, justice, or fairness. It is a struggle that shall end only when our kind are wiped from the planet for it is something we are all capable of.

And that is our warning. Do not relax your guard against this mentality. Do not dismiss the possibility of its creeping up and overtaking yourself or those close to you. To fall victim to the idea that the ends always justify the means where the means is your own self-promotion is something that comes easy and silently, but seldom can be snuffed out. Maintain your watch, keep in check those of this mindset, and prepare yourself always for a time when we must again take arms against such a threat -- for that is what it is. It is a threat to all of us, each and every one, and wherever this philosophy takes root so takes root a danger for all that we hold dear, in our own ways, to be cast down at our feet.

This victory is not permanent, and those who fight not would do well to keep that in mind. Divisions are unavoidable, but remember that we are only as strong united as we are weak divided. Do not again allow ambitious powers to slowly pick off opposition, one-by-one, and hoodwink you into conceding. Stand your ground always, tall and true to your ideals. Never, ever, ever give in, for as long as there is one other by your side you shall have purpose. Remember always when you took on the forces of oppression and let the strength of that memory spur you on. We may forgive, but we should never forget. And should the time come that men cannot speak their dissent, should the time come that alliances' sovereignty is revoked, should the time come that communities are destroyed or repressed let those of noble spirit rise again to spearhead another Glorious Revolution against the darkness that engulfs them.

In this new era that is uneasy both with promise and with the jitters that come with newfound freedom, I urge you to burn these words into your hearts. Never forget what you hated, so that you will never become that thing. Never forget what it took to destroy what you hated, because there is no guarantee that the few will ever prevail against the many again. Remember that the power to stop the reprehensible acts of the few is in the individual hands of the many.

Stand always as your own men, upon your own accomplishments, never forsaking your honor to advance your statistics.

Edited by Schattenmann

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is my hope that we may all focus on our desires for the future today, and not to rehash the arguments of the past.

This is the closest I can come to a list of Vox members. There were more than than this list contains, most of those not listed were spies whose handles I won't reveal even now, and some that were regular members but whose status I can't determine due to the way the member lists are on our two old forums.

Each of you deserves the recognition of Vox's successes.

Acamas

Alicia

Alpha Psi

American CLam

Angrator

animea90

AnonRev

Anubis1

Armed Kali

Aussie

babsi

Bernard Chamberlain

Billiam

Bonus Lectio

Boyle

Brinoceros

ButchA

camerontech

Captain Chaos

Caveman72

Cheyenne

Chickenzilla

Chief Savage Man

Chief Stubbs

Coniuratos

da monkey rat

Dab

Dadaflex

Darth Andrew

Deepthinker

Defiant

Deidara

DocHolliday

DocOctane

Doctor Forchy

Doctor Who

Dontasemebro II

Dr Kshatriya

drgumbofunk

Duce

duffman04

EddyVanElite

electron sponge

Eli Cohen

emmanuel goldstein

Emperor ß

Family Jewles

Finch

flapjackers

flowingfire

ftwman

Gatherum

General Mazur

Geno1138

Genosse

Genre

Geopet

George The Wild

grand emperor burka

GrappeF

Grimr

Grugbug

Hegemon Rob

heike lunta

heinz ketchup

HeRo1

Hev

HF Van Rensburg

hunter15

Ickleberry

Inarticulate

Ivanelterrible

J Edgar

Jack is the Joker

jackkelly

Jaime Whitehouse

Jan Henrik Nordin

Jander

Jenne

JJ45

Johnny JackKNIFE

Johnson101

Jonathan Brookbank

Julianus Auras

Junkalunka

Kaiser Martens

Kartoffel Kanzler

Kassad

KenoDurkster

kevsterr

king ameris

King Homer

King of the Water

King Thirsty

King Trao

king_Srqt

KingPenchuk

kingzog

Kiroky

kushnir

kyanize

LadyDakota

Laguna

land o lakes

Learz

leftwingliberal

Lewenhaupt

Lex

Lieutenant Worf

Loodoyaye

Lord Cyvole

lord Isaac

Lord Thomas Drake

Lord_Arucard

lord_logan

Lord_THAC0

LordCaedus

LordValentine

Lt Routon

Lukas von Buren

Mach10chocobo

Magnussoft

manuelthekid

Margrave

Master Aryon

Master Plo Koon

mayans

MegaAros

MercyFallout

Mobius 1

Moff09

Morath

Moridin

nadabethyname

Nathan Hale

Neptune Circle

Niflhel

Nintenderek

octovanyo4

Ogodai

Ortmonk

Paint Your Target

Penkala

Person1

phatman

pipal

President Kent

President S.

QuickSurfer

Rebel Virginia

RedRaider

rightwingisgood

rnegafan

ronnie van zant

Santo Ri

Schattenmann

Schild

Schills

SciHobo

SciHobo

Scott Robb

scroougee

Scythis

Seraku

sga-ford

Shaiker

shig86

ShinRa

Sig

Sigma

Sir Alex

Sovereign Dixie

spakistan

spetton

Stagger Lee

star

Starfox101

steodonn

Stevepal

Straittail

supermandude

Tarnae

The Dream

The One Free Man

The Terminator

TheLetterTwo

theone22

Thunderforge

Tibarn

timmyd

TJMthenation

Tollin

tommattox

Trust

UtgardsLoke

valdes

Valek

Vellocet

Vinzent Zeppelin

voxpox

Wa Mu

Warden IV

Weiss von Toten

West of Eden

XM222

Yevgeni

Zardoz

Zerk

ZeroTheGreat

There is at least one spy among those names. We never truly knew who you were, but we knew that your presence was inconsequential to our inevitable success.

Edited by Schattenmann

Ah, the memories. Vox Populi in its finest hour was something incredible to be a part of, and I am proud to be able to call myself a founder.

Hail Vox Populi!

Hail the true August Revolution!

The beauty and hope of the ideals of Vox Populi are the only things that could ever have drawn my calloused heart into cooperation with you and Electron Sponge. That is testament enough to the power of our movement.

Excellent read Schattenmann. If only the words Doitzel spoke upon the dissolution of Vox Populi had been heeded by all.

Ah, and a shame that is. But considering how long many of the current powers sucked at the NPO's teat, I am not surprised at their current actions. You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can point at hypocrisy and lies, and that's something.

Great read. How I wish more people were willing to stand by their honor and do what is right above all else.

-------------------------

Related note - I once knew a good man, he was formerly known by the name of Pikajew. After he left Vox and returned to Bob under a new name, he joined GGA and was my friend. We talked a lot on IRC, and he was a pretty chill dude. He was discovered and (?)destroyed by the forces of One Vision.

If you're out there and you are reading this, look me up. Though our friendship was brief, it was true.

Great read. How I wish more people were willing to stand by their honor and do what is right above all else.

-------------------------

Related note - I once knew a good man, he was formerly known by the name of Pikajew. After he left Vox and returned to Bob under a new name, he joined GGA and was my friend. We talked a lot on IRC, and he was a pretty chill dude. He was discovered and (?)destroyed by the forces of One Vision.

If you're out there and you are reading this, look me up. Though our friendship was brief, it was true.

Pikajew was a cool dude. I knew him from his short time in Polaris.

Having served in the first installment of Vox Populi months prior, I felt great affection toward Vox and it's purpose.

Had I not been a committed member of the Shattered Star Exiles, and our own unwinnable war, at the time, I would have probably ended up there.

So for that I say thank you to the members of Vox for starting something, that lives on in spirit if not in the form it once took.

Although I was not around to give aid to your long and bitter struggle, Voxians, I would have gladly taken up arms along side you, for your cause was just, and your founders (with rare exception) were good people.

You were right, and you won your first and greatest battle. To the future, then.

SALUTE

o>

I must return your salute. Sadly, I never latched onto communications, but there is no doubt of the inspirational effect that FAN had upon Vox. After the Polar war died down, we still had that rallying point, and your example of endurance of perma-peace or perma-ZI. I'm glad we meet again in peace.

I was acused to be a Vox member once by some TPF lad, LoSSers never believed the TPF dude but I guess that list further confirms it.

But thumbs up for Vox, you guys fought a hard fight.

I'm afraid that more people were thrown into the dunking pond than just you in the quest to frighten real agents or would-be defectors. Don't forget what a person will do with unlimited power if you give it to him.