The Black Hole War?

Pokadoticus

I cannot confirm/nor deny that the past several nights have consisted of making target lists. B)

On this: sorry, Sparta, but based on the performance of your top-tier nations last war they'd probably roll right over for TOP if this war happened. TOP would beat everyone 30k+ NS down and Sparta would be forced to surrender or face never being able to grow above $30k else they be knocked right on down like that arcade game with gophers and a mallet.

If Sparta *didn't* want to surrender I could see them pausing at 25k, buying the MP and SDI, and saving up like $300m, then building up to 31k NS and nuking TOP, and doing this over and over and over again. But they'd probably just surrender..

This seems to be the leaked plan, obviously you're passing it out as an opinion and trying to be smart about it. We see through your lies! :awesome:

Edited by shahenshah

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I cannot confirm/nor deny that the past several nights have consisted of making target lists. B)

On this: sorry, Sparta, but based on the performance of your top-tier nations last war they'd probably roll right over for TOP if this war happened. TOP would beat everyone 30k+ NS down and Sparta would be forced to surrender or face never being able to grow above $30k else they be knocked right on down like that arcade game with gophers and a mallet.

If Sparta *didn't* want to surrender I could see them pausing at 25k, buying the MP and SDI, and saving up like $300m, then building up to 31k NS and nuking TOP, and doing this over and over and over again. But they'd probably just surrender..

You're assuming competence. You must not have seen the way Sparta fought in the last war. I have no doubt that if they found themselves on the losing end of a war, Sparta would be the next MCXA.

Regarding the opening post: I can't see that happening at all. Why would Sparta care if their #1 spot got taken? They hardly held it for any length of time.

Assuming there was a war. They would get completely annihilated, no way around it.

Did someone send a mass message to MK indicating that they should go out of their way to insult Sparta while replying here? Totally uncalled for.

Anyway, I cannot imagine any good reason for war between TOP and Sparta. The conspiracy theory you speak of is a popular 'wish-list' conflict because people are already starting to get bored with peace. The truth is that Planet Bob harbours a lot of bloodthirsty people.

Not every alliance can be concentrated in the upper tiers and without alliances that accept newbies, those people never learn anything and never become educated members of society. I urge people to keep in mind that they too were once a newbie (and some of you reading this probably still are).

Back to the newbie who opened this topic, you need to be careful what sort of stuff you say openly when you're new, because many around here tend to hold long grudges. You'll get a feel for it with time. Good luck.

Oh, and I should also mention that we really have no designs on the top spot and rank is quite far down on our list of priorities. I think most who know us are well aware of that, and it is reflected in the comments. Every alliance has a different reason to be, and ours is not rank and bragging points.

Edited by Drostan

I know it's the fancy thing to say but how is MK insulting you? One member was less than respectful, I'll give you that. But otherwise, thinking you'd get your arse kicked against one of the strongest and most top heavy alliance is an insult? How? Please do enlighten me.

I know it's the fancy thing to say but how is MK insulting you? One member was less than respectful, I'll give you that. But otherwise, thinking you'd get your arse kicked against one of the strongest and most top heavy alliance is an insult? How? Please do enlighten me.

I don't think Drostan really meant the entirety of MK was insulting us, just that Flak's comments were a bit aggressive in their wording. For the record, TOP has monster stats and there's little doubt they would beat us 1 on 1, especially in the top tiers.

Not every alliance can be concentrated in the upper tiers and without alliances that accept newbies, those people never learn anything and never become educated members of society. I urge people to keep in mind that they too were once a newbie (and some of you reading this probably still are).

So you recruit as a favor to the cybernations community, then why do you care so much about indirect recruiting from your ranks or seccession? they are just helping you with the education of the future CN community...

I was hardly trying to make a big deal of it but merely pointing out that it seemed unnecessary in the context to point out how badly we'd lose if this absurd fight ever took place. Flak's comments certainly were not meant to be flattering, and I was merely pointing out that there is really no need for these comments at all let alone phrased as such.

Anyway, I really hadn't given it a second thought.

EDIT: If you want to discuss our Constitution, elpadrino, this is not the place to do it as you well know. But as a quick answer to your question, we do not recruit solely for the good of everyone else, it is mutually beneficial. But the dynamic of the world is such that there always needs to be alliances willing to invest in newbies. It certainly is not just us who does this.

We allow secession quite freely for members who wish to pursue their careers elsewhere and welcome them to come back if they choose down the road. The specific instance that is being referred to in our Constitution is one in which a member who plans to leave and actively tries to convince a number of other Spartans to leave with him/her immediately before leaving without consulting leadership. Basically forming a sub-alliance within Sparta with the express intention of leaving en masse without first consulting with leadership. The problem is that we are a very integrated community, and often there are debts etc that need to be settled, but anyone is free to resign at any time for any reason on good terms so long as they make the attempt to sort this stuff out. If you want to discuss this further I suggest you approach us in a more appropriate forum.

Edited by Drostan

You're assuming competence. You must not have seen the way Sparta fought in the last war. I have no doubt that if they found themselves on the losing end of a war, Sparta would be the next MCXA.

On the last part I'm assuming competence yes but as I said they'd likely just roll over.

Nobody expects you to. We just expect your upper tier nations to, you know, follow war orders and attack people when they're told to, and as we saw last war that wasn't happening for whatever reason. Could that have been fixed by now? Sure. But based on how your upper tier worked in the Karma war I believe even a 20-man 60k ANS alliance could take down Sparta's upper-tier nations. And I'm not being sarcastic here...

Edited by Penkala

"Black Hole War" is one of many codenames for the eventual Gramlin betrayal. Please get your conspiracy theories straight.

Good luck with that application.

Must come out of lurking to say that this thread was won on the first page....

We have a grand plan of putting our top 100 nation in peace mode and then beating the crap out out of everyone 20K under their ANS. :v:

Being #1 sucks. Unless you're a big fan of bullseye fashion. Anyhow, I would rather eat my own arm then fight against an alliance with Epik in it. This may be one of the more ridiculous theories I've ever heard.

Edited by Trinite

We have a grand plan of putting our top 100 nation in peace mode and then beating the crap out out of everyone 20K under their ANS. :v:

Maybe top 600 or so might work for you :D.  

Being #1 sucks. Unless you're a big fan of bullseye fashion. Anyhow, I would rather eat my own arm then fight against an alliance with Epik in it. This may be one of the more ridiculous theories I've ever heard.

If we could get rid of our ghosts, you'd probably be #1.  You sure it sucks?  We'll get you a ghost list.

Also, Epik is a cool dude and I can't say I dislike Sparta at all, really.