The Moldavi Doctrine

/me smiles and waves to Chron.

Yes, it's me; Bumpy of Bumpivania; Scourge of Eureka, Founder of the Grey Council, the very root of the Order of The Black Rose. I am now an itinerant Parthian, content, for the most part, to walk away.

I suppose there's no use denying verbosity; well known for waxing loquacious, I rather enjoy the flavors imparted by just the 'right' choice of words; so much so that I am moved to comment that verbiage of the Moldavi Doctrine evokes a broad pallet of sensory glee as a cornucopia of delight cascades from the eloquence of part IV rather like a tart candied apple whose tang breaks through the hard candy shell; yes, candied apples with hints of candyfloss and clowns.

I was rendered comatose for several minutes from the effort of attempting to understand that comment. Truly, you are a deadly foe.

• Replies 826
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I suppose there's no use denying verbosity; well known for waxing loquacious, I rather enjoy the flavors imparted by just the 'right' choice of words; so much so that I am moved to comment that verbiage of the Moldavi Doctrine evokes a broad pallet of sensory glee as a cornucopia of delight cascades from the eloquence of part IV rather like a tart candied apple whose tang breaks through the hard candy shell; yes, candied apples with hints of candyfloss and clowns.

I was all set to agree completely until I read that last phrase. You see, candied apples are delicious as is the occasional helping of candy floss or, as some say, 'cotton candy'. But clowns? No one in their right mind eats clowns. They taste funny.

But yes, I like Part IV as well, although the phrase 'null and void', as used there, is incorrect. I believe what was intended was the word 'moot'. No matter. We understand what it means, and that's more important than any mere haggling over words.

In that case, you are in a very appropriate alliance, given the only way it can make a name for itself is by being bad. It's kind of sad really.

OOC: Kind of like that kid at school who bullies others in order to get attention because his uncle touches him.

Excuse me?

I don't quite see what the big deal is over something that really is just common sense. NSO reserves the right to intervene where it finds it necessary to intervene. Especially if it sees a friend in need. That's a basic right any alliance ultimately reserves.

That doesn't undermine treaties but in a sense expands their scope as some relationships though unwritten can be just as real.

Excuse me?

You see, by explicitly confirming our sovereign rights and expressly stating that we will exercise them in accordance with our values and wishes, we are essentially pushing all the other alliances off the swingset and breaking their arms. It's quite obvious, really.

You see, by explicitly confirming our sovereign rights and expressly stating that we will exercise them in accordance with our values and wishes, we are essentially pushing all the other alliances off the swingset and breaking their arms. It's quite obvious, really.

I never took Tyga for being the slow type.

Really, now. Clearly the fact that were making a very clear indication that we wont interfere where were not wanted is indication of our plots to infringe on other alliance's sovereignty. Clear as day.

Really, now. Clearly the fact that were making a very clear indication that we wont interfere where were not wanted is indication of our plots to infringe on other alliance's sovereignty. Clear as day.

I guess it isn't me that is slow as the quote I replied to was directed at a member of the STA.

The uselessness of this document baffles me... I guess Ivan doesn't have anything better to do with his time...

Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength.

Eric Hoffer

(1902 - 1983)

I personally see rudeness as a sure sign of overcompensation for something, most often, anecdotally, of course, the speaker's own perception of weakness and relative insignificance, Space Ranger... um... Galactic Warrior?.... Star Pilot? whatever..... the interjection of disparaging comments are intended to elevate himself above the OP, a man whose impact on this world is recognized, even and perhaps especially by his detractors, as incalculably vast.

To offer insult to such a man as The Lord of Stromholde, while flying any alliance flag, whether or not declared to be 'personal opinion which may or may not have any relation to any 'Official Organization, Alliance, Consortium, Collective, Junta, club, faction to which I might or might not; be, have been, or intend to acknowledge ever having met, seen or known about or been a member of.....is to embody the foolhardiness, hotheadedness, and impulsiveness indicative of those destined to lead short turbulent lives.

Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength.

Eric Hoffer

(1902 - 1983)

I personally see rudeness as a sure sign of overcompensation for something, most often, anecdotally, of course, the speaker's own perception of weakness and relative insignificance, Space Ranger... um... Galactic Warrior?.... Star Pilot? whatever..... the interjection of disparaging comments are intended to elevate himself above the OP, a man whose impact on this world is recognized, even and perhaps especially by his detractors, as incalculably vast.

To offer insult to such a man as The Lord of Stromholde, while flying any alliance flag, whether or not declared to be 'personal opinion which may or may not have any relation to any 'Official Organization, Alliance, Consortium, Collective, Junta, club, faction to which I might or might not; be, have been, or intend to acknowledge ever having met, seen or known about or been a member of.....is to embody the foolhardiness, hotheadedness, and impulsiveness indicative of those destined to lead short turbulent lives.

Now, now, let's not detract from the glory of a magnificent, short lived flame that fills the world in its ambience before burning itself out.

To be fair, you could apply the same attitude to 90% of announcements made.

Only if you view mandatory defense treaties a little differently than I, my alliance, and as of late, at least, most of the alliances here.

... is the right response to this, well done for getting what half of the thread did not ;)

Thank you. :)

You didn't read much of this thread, did you?

Pretty much the entire thing. And it consisted of you guys (and a few of your friends) dressing up in fancy wording that you want to make sure everyone knows you feel fine with attacking anyone when you feel it's convenient. And you want to make sure everyone knows you know they know. And that it's a big deal because Moldavi is a revolutionary.

I say again, "so what?".

Pretty much the entire thing. And it consisted of you guys (and a few of your friends) dressing up in fancy wording that you want to make sure everyone knows you feel fine with attacking anyone when you feel it's convenient. And you want to make sure everyone knows you know they know. And that it's a big deal because Moldavi is a revolutionary.

I say again, "so what?".

So what to what, exactly?

It seems fairly pointless, and not a small amount ignorant, to come into a discussion just to say "so what". If it isn't worthy of your venerable response or concern then why read it or comment at all? The very fact that you would take the time to read "pretty much the entire thing" of a 37 page discussion betrays the expressed "truth" in your indifference.