The Moldavi Doctrine

• Replies 826
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After reading your first post Duncan I must say I was kinda offended, you were kinda taking the joke too far.. but then I realized you were serious in your subsequent posts and just laughed my $@! off. Just leave mate, go post on some other thread and leave this one to actual intelligable discourse. :ph34r:

After reading your first post Duncan I must say I was kinda offended, you were kinda taking the joke too far.. but then I realized you were serious in your subsequent posts and just laughed my $@! off. Just leave mate, go post on some other thread and leave this one to actual intelligable discourse. :ph34r:

Well said mate

NSO's PR department are to be commended. As for this highly pragmatic "doctrine" - I can't tell if its useless or ineffective. I guess the old standard "don't meddle with things you don't understand" comes to mind, but Ivan and co. are seasoned players - they surely know what's right for their alliance.

You know what I don't get? Why is everyone so riled up over stating the obvious? Sometimes the obvious needs to be brought up, even if everyone indeed knows it already. Sometimes people just need a refresher. :)

Oh god.

Ivan... I'm not worried about NSO abusing this to bandwagon. I'm really not. But... I'm worried that the idea is going to catch on, with less trustworthy alliances.

Name some names. I dare you.

Besides I don't think this treaty expunges the idea of bandwagoning, it simply makes it clear that supporting someone you have an interest in is a normal part of being an alliance. I'm sure we can all recognize an alliance who truly jumps on a bandwagon, one that declares war for the hell of it or just to get paid some reparations.

Poison Clan, ODN, Sparta. Could probably think of more.

EDIT: Oooh, ooh, ooh, RyanGDI's fail alliance! That one too.

ODN? Really? They never struck me as the horribly dishonest types.

Also remember that this doctrine applies to alliances acting justly. If someone cites this for an unjust action you can be sure they'll be called on it. Probably by me. :D

Of course it is, but the Sith have shown there weakness by trying to e-lawyering around a stupid concept instead of just ignoring it. If you need to write a legal document stating that you have sovereign rights then you are doing something wrong. Fact is every other alliance on planet Bob holds the same sovereign to declare war. But for some reason NSO had to write a document stating that, and fill it up with legalese. That's not just weak, it is plain pathetic.

I agree with nc here.

It again looks like a desperate cry for attention, and well here it is.

ODN? Really? They never struck me as the horribly dishonest types.

Also remember that this doctrine applies to alliances acting justly. If someone cites this for an unjust action you can be sure they'll be called on it. Probably by me. :D

Because Sith, naturally know all about being "just" amirite?

Y'know, being Sith and everything.

Because Sith, naturally know all about being "just" amirite?

Y'know, being Sith and everything.

These seem to be. Their policies haven't always been in line with typical CN expectations but they've always been just in what they were doing. Yes, even in the recruitment scandal. I doubt there are many as wary of the Sith as I am, but I'm not going to be so petty as to use their alliance's theme as a indication of what they stand for.

These seem to be. Their policies haven't always been in line with typical CN expectations but they've always been just in what they were doing. Yes, even in the recruitment scandal. I doubt there are many as wary of the Sith as I am, but I'm not going to be so petty as to use their alliance's theme as a indication of what they stand for.

I'm not being petty, I'm just questioning what their definition of a 'just' action is, as I am sure it would be different as they are Sith lords, judging by past actions it'd make sense for their theme to be reflected by these actions.

It's pretty daft how this doctrine is required anyway, I mean take a look at Dark Fist. They entered the Karma war twice, once via treaty, another because it is what they believed to be just, and they got slated for it. Does this document mean that because NSO think it's just, it certainly without a question is just and we cannot question this?

Edited by Johnny Apocalypse

So...NSO made a treaty saying that they can do what we all can do. Sweet jesus mary !@#$@#$ christ! This is madness! We can all do this. Of course people are so obsessed with treaties these days any action not involving a treaty is an abomination so I guess this reaction is not surprise even if it's rather idiotic.

Does this document mean that because NSO think it's just, it certainly without a question is just and we cannot question this?

No, it means we do what we believe is just. If you disagree with our actions and our conclusions you are more than welcome to do whatever you guys feel is necessary to stop us. Whether that be whining on the forums or taking physical action against us, it is your sovereign right to do so. Just like it's ours to defend and help alliances when we deem it necessary as outlined in the Doctrine.

No, it means we do what we believe is just. If you disagree with our actions and our conclusions you are more than welcome to do whatever you guys feel is necessary to stop us. Whether that be whining on the forums or taking physical action against us, it is your sovereign right to do so. Just like it's ours to defend and help alliances when we deem it necessary as outlined in the Doctrine.

But the difference is, I don't need a doctrine to tell everyone I can do as I please as it is my sovereign right, why does NSO feel it necessary to make this simple idea of "exercising ones sovereign right" into a doctrine.

As I said earlier, it's to establish that we plan on acting on our rights and do what most alliances have never done.

So is it correct to assume, that as you will defend whomever you please, that Mutual defense/aggression pacts are no longer to be signed by NSO. As this doctrine somewhat removes the need for a treaty when you can simply tell them in private if you'll defend them.

Edited by Johnny Apocalypse