The Moldavi Doctrine

• Replies 826
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Holy !@#$ you people are stupid as !@#$. This is just NSO saying that NSO can declare war if they want to. Literally what all of you can do whenever you want. If you keep !@#$%*ing talking about this Im going to flip out and cry at the sheer stupidity of all of you. You all make me god damn crazy! I HATE ALL OF YOU.

Edited by Stumpy Jung Il

:ph34r:

You really didn't just ask that, did you?

Continuum? GeorgetheGreat? Continuum? Any of that ring a bell?

As I recall, you declared war on one of our closest allies' MADP partners without even telling us, which you were legally obliged to do. That was what prompted our cancellation of our treaty and subsequent conflict.

So...I ask again. What exactly did we do to play both sides.

When you were in Continuium, Sparta has admitted that it worked against Q for several months before leaving. Perhaps you should have a conversation with some of your fellow Spartans.

But this thread is not about this.

Again, good show, Ivan, for stating what is intrinsically the right of every alliance should it so choose.

Yes, but you misunderstand. Anything the NSO does is automatically sinister and sets the imaginations of the peanut gallery off an a magical mystery tour of fantasy.

+1 for a Beatles reference.

Anyway, I agree with the general idea of this. If you want to defend someone, even without a treaty, that's your decision as an alliance to make.

However, I don't see posting this as anything more than a PR stunt.

When you were in Continuium, Sparta has admitted that it worked against Q for several months before leaving. Perhaps you should have a conversation with some of your fellow Spartans.

But this thread is not about this.

Again, good show, Ivan, for stating what is intrinsically the right of every alliance should it so choose.

We made no such admission. Stating otherwise is a pure fabrication...one which I would like to see evidence of.

edit: I recognize it is off topic. You may pm me the evidence if you wish.

Edited by Hyperion321

We made no such admission. Stating otherwise is a pure fabrication...one which I would like to see evidence of.

edit: I recognize it is off topic. You may pm me the evidence if you wish.

So if there's evidence of a fabrication being true...Then that would mean its clearly not a fabrication, correct?

Moreover, I really dont see why you have this bizarre need to feel threatened by the NSO. Yes, we are just so damn powerful that our entering the conflict on any side is surely to be what tips the balance.

Kingmakers, we Sith are.

In my opinion, it affects the entire world. The meat of this game is political maneuvering, and when NSO issues this document which basically says they can jump in as a wild card in any war they see fit, it affects anyone who plans to go to war. Now, every time somebody gets a CB ready they need to make sure it coincides with NSO's views of justice, lest they risk being attacked.

Or, just get ready to fight wars with some courage and conviction in your beliefs of what is right and just.

If you think you've really been wronged, and you're willing to fight over it, you shouldn't only be willing to fight if you're in the schoolyard bully's position.

tve13154-19760107-290.gif

Tomkinson is not amused.

Pretty much "we're gonna do what we think is right" except written down.

I fully support this. I just wish you didn't have to make a treaty to say it.

It is needed during this era of time.

Good luck Sith, its you're right to do what you wish.

I do have a question.

Say alliance A attacks alliance B. You use this doctrine to attack Alliance B and their allies attack you. Will your allies defend you?

Holy !@#$ you people are stupid as !@#$. This is just NSO saying that NSO can declare war if they want to. Literally what all of you can do whenever you want. If you keep !@#$%*ing talking about this Im going to flip out and cry at the sheer stupidity of all of you. You all make me god damn crazy! I HATE ALL OF YOU.

+1

Really people, this is how !@#$ should be done, TJO made it very clear internally before we officially formed that this would be our policy as well.

I did not really think this kind of policy needed a thread or a doctrine but judging by some of the responses maybe I was wrong.

Edited by KingSrqt

Congrats NSO :D

and moo why do you always use :ph34r: for all your posts :P

Because Moo is a boss, and he can...!@#$%*.

I agree, such matters are an alliances sovereign right, if any alliance doesn't have the guts to stand up for what they believe in then they have little honor in my eyes. Oh, and btw Moo, myself and The Legion are still waiting for the Revenge Doctrine 2.0. Perhaps stating that if an alliance finds themselves attacked then they can defend themselves against the attacker? Together the doctrines should cover just about everything :P

So if there's evidence of a fabrication being true...Then that would mean its clearly not a fabrication, correct?

Moreover, I really dont see why you have this bizarre need to feel threatened by the NSO. Yes, we are just so damn powerful that our entering the conflict on any side is surely to be what tips the balance.

Kingmakers, we Sith are.

All hail the Sith? May them bring peace, justice, and prosperity to the galaxy

Or, just get ready to fight wars with some courage and conviction in your beliefs of what is right and just.

If you think you've really been wronged, and you're willing to fight over it, you shouldn't only be willing to fight if you're in the schoolyard bully's position.

QFT^ Well said Haf.

I *really* want to make a comment about Thomas Paine, but beyond the title the comparison just falls apart. It's killing me though :(

I have faith in you Archon, keep trying!

It is needed during this era of time.

Good luck Sith, its you're right to do what you wish.

I do have a question.

Say alliance A attacks alliance B. You use this doctrine to attack Alliance B and their allies attack you. Will your allies defend you?

Ivan has already publicly stated he does not hold our allies accountable if they wish to leave us hanging.

Ivan has already publicly stated he does not hold our allies accountable if they wish to leave us hanging.

So either you're going to march your alliance into a battle that has nothing to do with you, and be destroyed by their allies... or you are never going to act on this Doctrine, in which case your word becomes worthless. Seems like bad PR all-around.

So either you're going to march your alliance into a battle that has nothing to do with you, and be destroyed by their allies... or you are never going to act on this Doctrine, in which case your word becomes worthless. Seems like bad PR all-around.

No, we're going to do what we feel like, and let the chips fall as they may.

PR is irrelevant.

Judging from the massive backlash this announcement has attracted, I can only say to the Karma supporters, that this is what you wished for in this "brave new world" you pleaded for so there shouldn't be a reason to complain now when you realize that your conservative safety net has fallen. This is what you lobbied for, is it not?

Since when did 3-5 naysayers constitute a "massive backlash?"

In my opinion, it affects the entire world. The meat of this game is political maneuvering, and when NSO issues this document which basically says they can jump in as a wild card in any war they see fit, it affects anyone who plans to go to war. Now, every time somebody gets a CB ready they need to make sure it coincides with NSO's views of justice, lest they risk being attacked.

That's a good thing, imo. It could make wars much more interesting because the outcome won't be so obvious.

Edited by California King