Pour an ice cold IRON

RavingMainyYak

I'm feeling lazy, so I'm just going to quote what I said in that other thread. I doubt anyone actually saw it anyway.

And all you guys act like you're surprised by IRON failing at this. Did anyone really expect them, of all alliances, to not blow this? In fact, I propose we change the "1 to 10" scale to the "IRON to Fark" scale. For example, on a scale of Iron to Fark, how bad was the movie Waterworld? The answer is obviously Iron. Or alternatively, we can change 'EPIC FAIL" to just "IRON." Example:

3781040439_29d53445bc_o.jpg

I guess the point of all this is that this level of ineptitude should be completely expected from this alliance.

/iron is a terrible resource

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To: ironone From: bay102174 Date: 8/3/2009 9:52:14 AM

Subject: Beer review

I liked this beer.

Blue Moon Belgium White Ale

I liked this beer.

New Belgium Fat Tire Amber Ale

I liked this beer.

Samuel Adams Boston Lager

I liked this beer.

Guinness Extra Stout

I really liked this beer.

I consider this matter closed as it was optional according to the TOS anyway. You can post this on the OWF or not for all I care. If it is said that I did not do this, I will post the screen shot of this message to you.

I bet you were the kid that, when nobody wanted to play the game you wanted to play, took your ball and went home.

Stone Sublimely Self Righteous Ale

Stone11.jpg

This wonderful beer is classified as an American Strong Ale, it is a rich beer that has a dark pour and a nice brown head. It has a nice dry hopes smell and taste to it. Very rich in flavor while leaving you wanting more. I recommend any of Stone Brewery beers. ABV 8.7%

Dogfish Head Olde School Barleywine

476617393_012f9c03f5.jpg

This is one of my favorite Barleywines, by one of the best american brewing companies around. It pours to a cloudy orange color with a white head. The smell is of a delectable sweet aroma of fruit and alcohol. It is strong to the taste but leaves you happily sipping more. ABV 15%

Three Floyds Alpha Kong

2136809143_9c85f72f84.jpg

Made by a small but well known brewery in Indiana, this beer lives up to its name. It is a bold Belgian Sextuple that pours a rich amber color with a white head. It is complex and very strong to the taste. It has a hint of caramel and a sweet yeast flavor. ABV 16%

Bells Hopslam

435777881_a0505a82ed.jpg

An Imperial/Double IPA that will leave you wanting more, this is a seasonal by bells that I am crazy about. It has a orange pour with a tan/white head. It smells of hops and grapefruit with a lovely toffee after smell. The taste is powerful with a flowery alcohol taste that is almost a punch to the palette, it does stay around well after that first sip. ABV 10%

This just made my day :D

Edited by Lord Strider

You give your son beer? :o

I am a little disappointed to see no pale ales on this list, especially in the summer.

Blue Moon is becoming the new "cool" beer because it gives people who dont really appreciate beer the appearance of looking like a beer snob (it is seriously easy to drink, even for people who dont like beer). Sure, I like a good light summer wheat beer, but I typically prefer a heff like Paulaner or Pyramid.

I will add a few to the list for completeness:

Shiner Bock

Dogfish 90 min IPA

As far as light beers go, I will throw out Shiner Blonde (yes, I am a biased Texan)

Hey, We Texans love our Shiner.

No. While indeed that that particular surrender term, we cannot militarily act on, I would expect better of people when all we ask for is that they get a little drunk.

Sadly, the Beer War was not meant to be. It may have been the only legit CB in the history of the world.

You give your son beer? :o

I am a little disappointed to see no pale ales on this list, especially in the summer.

Blue Moon is becoming the new "cool" beer because it gives people who dont really appreciate beer the appearance of looking like a beer snob (it is seriously easy to drink, even for people who dont like beer). Sure, I like a good light summer wheat beer, but I typically prefer a heff like Paulaner or Pyramid.

I will add a few to the list for completeness:

Shiner Bock

Dogfish 90 min IPA

As far as light beers go, I will throw out Shiner Blonde (yes, I am a biased Texan)

I said my 4 year old son's book report. He's too little for beer silly, we only give him wine (J/K).

Otherwise, I agree whole heartedly with you on Blue Moon. I can't stand that crap. It's the new yuppy Corona. Buddy of mine and I used to crack the bar tenders up when we threw a fit that there was "crap in our beer" when they brought it with the orange in it.

Stone Sublimely Self Righteous Ale

Stone11.jpg

This wonderful beer is classified as an American Strong Ale, it is a rich beer that has a dark pour and a nice brown head. It has a nice dry hopes smell and taste to it. Very rich in flavor while leaving you wanting more. I recommend any of Stone Brewery beers. ABV 8.7%

Dogfish Head Olde School Barleywine

476617393_012f9c03f5.jpg

This is one of my favorite Barleywines, by one of the best american brewing companies around. It pours to a cloudy orange color with a white head. The smell is of a delectable sweet aroma of fruit and alcohol. It is strong to the taste but leaves you happily sipping more. ABV 15%

Three Floyds Alpha Kong

2136809143_9c85f72f84.jpg

Made by a small but well known brewery in Indiana, this beer lives up to its name. It is a bold Belgian Sextuple that pours a rich amber color with a white head. It is complex and very strong to the taste. It has a hint of caramel and a sweet yeast flavor. ABV 16%

Bells Hopslam

435777881_a0505a82ed.jpg

An Imperial/Double IPA that will leave you wanting more, this is a seasonal by bells that I am crazy about. It has a orange pour with a tan/white head. It smells of hops and grapefruit with a lovely toffee after smell. The taste is powerful with a flowery alcohol taste that is almost a punch to the palette, it does stay around well after that first sip. ABV 10%

This just made my day :D

Not THAT is a beer review. IRON could take a few pointers.

Edited by Sir Loin of Beef

I originally suggested that IRON review beers. After the hours of bawing about how we were being tough on them and our terms were unacceptable, I figured the best way to cut the tension was with a semi-joke term. It's not optional, but it's lighthearted. However, I was strongly interested in learning about beers I may not have tried, as another aspect of this term was the celebration of my RL state's vote to allow high gravity beer to be sold.

Seeing !@#$ like bay posted makes me mad. It also makes me wish we didn't write the peace terms so that we couldn't re-declare over violations of Article 10, but the amount of violations of the rest of the treaty should have already landed them back at war if we weren't so damned nice.

Too nice.

when its cold out i like the duck rabbit milk stout, rogue shakespeare stout and sierra nevada stout. sam adams cream stout is good, too.

this time of year i like a can of pabst blue ribbon (or whatever is on sale) that is cold enough for ice to almost, but not quite, form when you open it. if im being fancy i also like baltika 5 from russia and lion lager from sri lanka.

although this weekend i had a few bud light lime my uncle brought to a family get together. i personally wouldnt have bought it but the price was right...

The IRON guys I fought in this war were classy, fighting with bravery and honor. I walked away from that war thinking, "golly, gee, these guys I fought were actually pretty darn classy and wowzers did they fight with vim and vigor! They were fun to blow pixels up with, by jinkies."

Why, hell, we even exchanged recipes as we rained Hellfire upon each others' nations. I loved that bacon mushroom bacon cheesebaconburger recipe in particular, courtesy of one of IRON's mighty warriors.

Imagine my dismay to find that certain members of the IRON government didn't seem to share the same level of respect and hospitality for us as we did for them and the rank and file IRON citizenry. Indeed, such a flagrant violation of Article 10 goes against everything good and decent in this grand new landscape on Bob.

For shaaaaaaame!

/You know who you are...

I'm a fan of Franziskaner Hefeweissen for wheat beers. But typically I prefer a hoppy IPA. I really prefer beer reviews that actually go into to detail and have some fun but I guess some people don't know how to enjoy themselves. <_<

Dogfish Head 60 and 90 minute ales are good. The 120 Minute Ale is just a bit much for me. I'm a real fan of Breckenridge Small Batch 471. Sam Adams Summer Ale is one of my favorite seasonals. Sam Boston Lager is one of the best mass-produced beers out there. Living in Texas I'm pretty much in love with Shiner. After leaving PA I kind of miss Yuengling, which was about the only good thing in PA. In conclusion, stay classy IRON.

Are you kidding? Off the top of my head (and I stress the lack of effort that went into this brief retort):

East End: blackstrap.jpg

Troegs: Nugget%20glass%20and%20bottle%20copy.jpg

Victory: beer_sk.gifbeer_gm.gif

I could go on.

I'm a fan of Franziskaner Hefeweissen for wheat beers. But typically I prefer a hoppy IPA. I really prefer beer reviews that actually go into to detail and have some fun but I guess some people don't know how to enjoy themselves. <_<

Dogfish Head 60 and 90 minute ales are good. The 120 Minute Ale is just a bit much for me. I'm a real fan of Breckenridge Small Batch 471. Sam Adams Summer Ale is one of my favorite seasonals. Sam Boston Lager is one of the best mass-produced beers out there. Living in Texas I'm pretty much in love with Shiner. After leaving PA I kind of miss Yuengling, which was about the only good thing in PA. In conclusion, stay classy IRON.

Went ahead and picked out my two favorites. A man after my own liver.

Edited by MTTezla

As many good beers have been mentioned .... I must put forth the FAN opinion... real men brew their own .... that is all.

* 9 pounds U.S. 2-row

* 1.5 pounds Munich malt

* 0.5 pounds 60L (or darker) crystal malt

* 1-2 ounces of chocolate malt

* 1 pound of honey or dark brown sugar

* 6 - 7 AAUs bittering hops, a mix of hallertauer and kent goldings (60 minute boil)

* Chimay yeast

If you can't identify what this is ^^^^^^^^ Your doing it wrong.

Bay is not representative of IRON's gov so I wouldnt make a fuss over it. The rest of em are pretty cool guys.

I also put forward that from now on Fark should have the duty of creating at least 1 term in every surrender treaty that is signed on Bob.

As for the topic, I have to say that among the cheap (supposedly crappy) beers Rolling Rock and Yeungling are my favorites.

Also does anyone get a headache after 2-3 Sam Adams? I really like the rich taste but for some reason i get a headache after around my 3rd one.

bay8675309's response was pretty childish. Perhaps he would feel better reviewing Kool-Aid? Maybe huggies pull-ups?
Tommy Tutone (sp?) reminds me of the 80s, nice hidden reference there.
Bay is not representative of IRON's gov so I wouldnt make a fuss over it. The rest of em are pretty cool guys.

I also put forward that from now on Fark should have the duty of creating at least 1 term in every surrender treaty that is signed on Bob.

As for the topic, I have to say that among the cheap (supposedly crappy) beers Rolling Rock and Yeungling are my favorites.

Also does anyone get a headache after 2-3 Sam Adams? I really like the rich taste but for some reason i get a headache after around my 3rd one.

Rolling Rock and Yeungling, both from my home state so I can't complain there.
After leaving PA I kind of miss Yuengling, which was about the only good thing in PA.
Grrrrrr, see above. :)
Canning beer is vile beyond comprehension. Whoever thought of that idea need to be shot.

Boddington's is excellent, and available on tap in many fine establishments in my hometown. <3

This just makes me jealous.

Are you kidding? Off the top of my head (and I stress the lack of effort that went into this brief retort):

East End: blackstrap.jpg

Troegs: Nugget%20glass%20and%20bottle%20copy.jpg

Victory: beer_sk.gifbeer_gm.gif

I could go on.

Okay, I will.

Stoudts

Weyerbacher

Straub

Yards

Sly Fox

Voodoo

Church Brew Works

North Country

Penn Brewing

Lancaster

Erie Brewing

. . . and, of course Pittsburgh Brewing. Home of Iron City, crappiest beer in the world.

I live my life on a budget (debt-free, after all) so I generally buy whatever's cheapest if I'm just out to "buy beer." Otherwise I enjoy taking a trip to my local LCBO and buying singles of several beers I've never tried before.

I find the number of microbreweries across Canada and the United States to be quite surprising. Much higher than I ever would have suspected. (Although I'm mostly surprised that they exist in such large quantity in the U.S., given that country's often strange definition of 'beer'.)

There are also some decent beers available that are originally from former Soviet-bloc nations. Sadly, by the time they make it to southern Ontario, their flavor has often 'turned' in ways that are....how should I put it....unpleasant.

When I was in Cuba last year (February '08, to be more precise) I discovered Bucanero, a serviceable beer not unlike some of the more popular Canadian brands. I had it almost exclusively on tap -- 24-hour open bar (whee!) -- but I tried it in cans as well. Huuuuuge difference between cans and kegs.

I have no specific point to make, just that I enjoy talking about beer.

My name is kingzog, and I. Am. Canadian.

lol

Oh....and "bad show IRON" or something like that.

/me shrugs

Canning beer is vile beyond comprehension. Whoever thought of that idea need to be shot.

It unnerves me to no end that I find myself agreeing with someone from TKtopia. :blink:

/anything brewed by Erdinger Weissbrau = :awesome:

The beer review was a fantastic addition to the surrender terms - a slap in the face that bay didn't take a few minutes and do a proper one.

beerfatdogsm.jpg

I had Stoudt's Fat Dog Stout (an oatmeal stout) this past weekend with a massive cheeseburger. The best part was the view as I was overlooking Omena Bay, Lake Michigan. My review:

Not all stouts are heavy, dark beers necessarily. Some fall flat and end up being watery and somewhat pitiful in their taste and flavor. Thankfully, the Fat Dog Stout definitely did not disappoint! It is rich, dark, and has a fantastic chocolate and coffee flavor. It is not quite sweet, but definitely not bitter - which is probably my favorite part of a good stout. The consistency is heavy, but not overbearing. I thoroughly enjoyed this from start to finish!