All Raiders of Technology

Poseidons Rage

I leave you with this thought: if a group of elite nations decided to set up a nuclear minefield for technology raiders, how many mines do you think they could set up with reserve funds to meet the requirements for the Manhattan Project in 19 months and counting?

that sounds like an awesome idea to me

Edited by Z3000

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you know where that came from ? Well I do, if you think my benefactors will stand by while you $%&@ and pillage there investment, I have some unfortunate news for you.

So why go into PM if you are so "Protected" and "Have tons of $$"? Something seems out of whack.

Go back to none and War mode and I will show you how real raids work ;)

3 Admit the error of your ways and earn your tech the old fashion way... work for it..

2 things.

1) Tech raiding IS the old fashioned way.

2) Which is more difficult, requiring more time and energy - managing your forces and coordinating ground assaults to gain tech - OR - sending out 3m, then receiving your tech 10 days later...

2 things.

1) Tech raiding IS the old fashioned way.

2) Which is more difficult, requiring more time and energy - managing your forces and coordinating ground assaults to gain tech - OR - sending out 3m, then receiving your tech 10 days later...

Tech raiding really isn't that hard if you keep a few simple facts in mind. Use the handy "my nation ranking" search to go for the bottom of your NS range, go up the list until you find an unaligned nation with some tech and soldiers on them, deploy enough to win, send two attacks over, send a peace offer. All of these are simple, mindless, mechanistic tactics. If you ask me, finding an active and reliable small nation who is able to tech deal with you is a tad bit harder. It also depends on cooperation from the other party, whereas if an raid target doesn't want to follow your plan, you're easily capable of crushing them or at least should be if you've played your cards right.

Edited by Locke

It's been awhile. Welcome back, my old dancing partner :P

GATO leader back during the Great War era. He was their MoD or something for a long time, I honestly can't be bothered to look it up right now.

He's relevant to the discussion mainly because of how much he loathed tech raiding, and how he tried to put an end to it.

Relevant for more reasons than that.

Edited by Ephriam Grey

So why go into PM if you are so "Protected" and "Have tons of $$"? Something seems out of whack.

Go back to none and War mode and I will show you how real raids work ;)

That would be my eccentric benefactors, they find threads and comments of this nature quite amusing

I'm no longer in peace mode, I did that to re-align my trades, keep in mind I'm on the Red Team and if you feel the need to vent out your anger I'm not hard to find, don't be surprised if you find yourself in a pickle you can't get out of.

It's been awhile. Welcome back, my old dancing partner :P

Who are you ? oops almost forgot, yes your the nut who likes to admit his quilt in an open irc channel.

This is brilliant. You're my idol.

No need there are much more brilliant people than I in this realm, I was just an agent of LOL

I loved tech raiding... it really is a shame there is no one to raid at me level worth my time and effort, it was an art and I really miss it. It's people like you that make it EXCITING.

Glad you enjoyed the show. :)

That would be my eccentric benefactors, they find threads and comments of this nature quite amusing

I'm no longer in peace mode, I did that to re-align my trades, keep in mind I'm on the Red Team and if you feel the need to vent out your anger I'm not hard to find, don't be surprised if you find yourself in a pickle you can't get out of.

Who are you ? oops almost forgot, yes your the nut who likes to admit his quilt in an open irc channel.

No need there are much more brilliant people than I in this realm, I was just an agent of LOL

Glad you enjoyed the show. :)

Ya about that. Red nations arent protected anymore

You really in Cult of Justitia or just a ghost

This is epic. Raiders should know they dangers. Like attacking a 2k NS nation which happens to have 200kk in the bank.

Ya about that. Red nations arent protected anymore

You really in Cult of Justitia or just a ghost

As indicated in the screencap above, Poseidons Rage has made his oath to the Cult and Justitia, and has been admitted into the Cult as a mystes. If he enjoys the occassional scrap, the Presbyter finds no fault in that; however, unarranged attacks against Lord of the Sea will be treated as attacks upon the Cult, and dealt with accordingly.

I admit, I enjoyed this idea even if it must require ungodly patience to pull off for little return.

actually with a full set of friends with cash on hand , It wouldn't really take that long . 45,000,000 per month incoming aid ..... 4-5 months you'd be GTG.

Tech raiding really isn't that hard if you keep a few simple facts in mind. Use the handy "my nation ranking" search to go for the bottom of your NS range, go up the list until you find an unaligned nation with some tech and soldiers on them, deploy enough to win, send two attacks over, send a peace offer. All of these are simple, mindless, mechanistic tactics. If you ask me, finding an active and reliable small nation who is able to tech deal with you is a tad bit harder. It also depends on cooperation from the other party, whereas if an raid target doesn't want to follow your plan, you're easily capable of crushing them or at least should be if you've played your cards right.

I've done both.

Raiding is more fun when you are relative smaller as a nation and have sense adventure or at least like the adrenaline rush.

Tech dealing is far more practical when your nation is larger, targets are far fewer (and have nukes), and you have $3 mill to throw around for investment purposes (nations can and do received cash and then delete, giving you nothing...).

In a sense all nations should mature out of raiding as they grow older. Even 50 year old women have been known to play the rare game of hop scotch. ;)

• 3 weeks later...

*sighs* I’m a raider and I know the majority of people on Cybernation’s sees my kind as nothing but Pirates, personally I like been a Pirate. I like the idea of coming out of the night and ripping another Nations heart out; its fun and gives me kicks.

But I also know how to raid properly. The Raider who raided you did it wrong, your supposed to gather intelligence and see how much the Target has. What you’ve done is an extreme blunder. I understand what your doing, but you and the rest who are with you really should have thought about this a lot more.

I’ll explain why,

1. Raiders across Cybernation’s had not heard of this "Silent Majority" but now they do.

2. You have proven you and your Organization are well funded; this has now painted yourself and your Comrades as a very large Targets.

3. Raiders now will increase funds for raiding operations.

4. Raiders will use Spies more often now to see money reserves.

5. If they see a Nation with that amount of money they will suspect them to be a member of "The Silent Majority".

6. The Raider will call in back up and Dog Pile the Target.

7. You loose everything, cash, tech and most importantly now, land.

I suppose you didn’t take any of that into account, I’ve made it a long habit to only raid on my own when I know that if it turns into a war I can win. Otherwise I Raid in a group of 3 and have friends ready to support me and my raiding party with a cash flow.

If you’d kept Silent like your organizations name says this trap you had could have been very successful in the future. But instead you’ve blown it sky high.

I hope I find a member(s) of yours, I’ll be sure to take everything he/she has, right down to the penny’s in its piggy bank.

But good luck to you and your Comrades.