All Raiders of Technology

Poseidons Rage

Well your balance would have taken around 4 and a half with just five slots just by itself. So are you talking a build up from ground zero?

I ran into a few little problems early on and one recent, which delayed the OP, our projected time line was July 4th.

Rorschach's Journal, August 2, Sunday 10:50 AM...

...A cat disguised as a mouse lours in a rat. After 6 months preparing for the day he would stand high and mighty over vermin, he reported it out to the world. He claims moral superiority, and the public, as always, will believe it.

You're no better than him. You loured a weak thieve into your trap because you wanted recognition in this world. It got you recognition. From moaners. Moaners that can't take what the world has to give. Moaners that don't understand that there are others who do this without shouting it to the world and thus, without displaying themselves or canceling their operation once they received recognition.

Don't quit your day job.

OCC

Since my day job title is Administrator of Delivery Operations at a fortune 500 company, I'm thinking of changing jobs and I'm starting to like this one. ( I work drive thru at McDonalds)

IC

Yes I loured a weak thief into my trap, however if you think this has anything to do with Tech Raiding, think again, this whole thing is about adding something new and interesting to the game, Tech Raiding was just a means to an end, it made for a good title, stick that in you journal.

I'm sure as soon as one of my supporters see's this I may get a stern talking to, some of you are all missing the point.

OCC

"We play a game people" Games are supposed to be fun unless your on the losing end. I don't like to loose, however, I'm not going to throw the game pieces on the floor if I find myself in checkmate.

Edited by Poseidons Rage

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, it is, and that applies to most of the English words I know. Talking about "mouth-breathing tech raiding masses" is like talking about "mouth-breathing Open World Forum browsing masses" - completely unjustified and posted just to offend people. If you just want to offend people, I suggest you not to follow the example of your thousands of fellow OWFers and instead go elsewhere with your attacks.

Ahhahahahahaha.

It's cute when they have no idea what theyre talking about.

You may be interested in looking like an idiot, but I'm not, so no thanks.
Here's the thing, you are doing so unintentionally already. Whereas Sal?

Sal's mocking you for doing so.

Oh boo-hoo, a tech raider stumbled on a target that hits back rather hard. Maybe the poor dear soul could find members of his alliance to hit this evil evil person.

Which is funny when you think about it. Tech raiders nail folks that aren't in alliances while enjoying the safety from raids, and in a few cases counterattacks, simply by sitting in an alliance. Kinda reminds me of the folks that flock to peace mode at war kickoff. It's too bad most of 'em don't have the testicular fortitude to run as a none while raiding. It'd probably get fun.

This is sooooo awesome!!! A tech raid surprise! I wish I was the lucky one to attack you. That was very clever and made tech raiding even more interesting. Anything that makes tech raiding more of a challenge is a plus.

Your NS is around 4K you are in 3 agressive wars and all of their strength is just over 1.4K

If you are interested in making tech raiding more interesting, may I suggest attacking nations that are not at the bottom of your range?

Or would an even fight make it a little too interesting?

Right.. CNARF? Yeah, this is something completely new.

Okay there.

Today I'm going to be very very nice to You, be thankful, truly, thankful, I know your leadership better than you know your own alliance and have a lot more respect for them to bash you in PUBLIC, like you should be.

You need to read, I mean read not just the TLDR and a brief passing, every time you post I ask myself why Mila even allows you to bare a Monos Archein affiliation, it just makes you look bad..

I'll give you the hooked on phonics version of this since you need it..

This has nothing to do with CNARF, hell our op says so right here.

IC

Yes I loured a weak thief into my trap, however if you think this has anything to do with Tech Raiding, think again, this whole thing is about adding something new and interesting to the game, Tech Raiding was just a means to an end, it made for a good title, stick that in you journal.

Let me tell you right now, I have been on this planet since Feb 16th 2006 in way or another and this stunt has never been done, not like this it hasn't ... so go back to your home wine and cry to your superiors that Free made fun of you, or come do something about it, I assure you my bite is allot worse than my bark..

To KaitlinK, sorry babe he had this one coming.

Edited by Freelancer

I say make them glow green, it will teach them a valuable lesson in target selection. Look before you leap and don't hit someone you don't want to get hit by.

If a raider cant spare the few seconds it takes to read his targets stats when planning the raid and he gets nuked it is his own silly fault since he could easily select a non-nuclear target instead.

Well, personal judgement is that you came forward far too soon with your statement about this. After waiting 5 months I understand why your patience may have been wearing thin but telling people about a trap makes it much easier to dodge and you may end up with just one person springing it. I know of atleast one alliance that allows raids that was warned of what you were doing I am sure others probably did the same. Not everyone that raids would have needed to find your thread by themselves to be privy to this information.

Who knows, maybe some of the lesser clued in nations and alliances will still fall for this but that probably isn't the targets you were aiming for.

Well, personal judgement is that you came forward far too soon with your statement about this. After waiting 5 months I understand why your patience may have been wearing thin but telling people about a trap makes it much easier to dodge and you may end up with just one person springing it. I know of atleast one alliance that allows raids that was warned of what you were doing I am sure others probably did the same. Not everyone that raids would have needed to find your thread by themselves to be privy to this information.

Who knows, maybe some of the lesser clued in nations and alliances will still fall for this but that probably isn't the targets you were aiming for.

I don't think he was aiming at anyone in particular. He just decided to have a bit of amusement in a rather unique way. I wish I had thought about it a little while back to be honest about it. It's a bit of work to set up sure, but I imagine the payout in hilarity was worth the investment.

I don't think he was aiming at anyone in particular. He just decided to have a bit of amusement in a rather unique way. I wish I had thought about it a little while back to be honest about it. It's a bit of work to set up sure, but I imagine the payout in hilarity was worth the investment.

Well of course he didn't have any targets in particular but I surely doubt that him and his benefactors went to all the trouble to catch a single tech raider with no major alliance affiliation. Then again, maybe I am wrong.

Well of course he didn't have any targets in particular but I surely doubt that him and his benefactors went to all the trouble to catch a single tech raider with no major alliance affiliation. Then again, maybe I am wrong.

Oh, I imagine he would have loved nothing more than to pop a few raiders for the fun of it. Thing is though, maybe he got too excited after nailing his first one he kinda shot his bolt a little early. Even then, he could probably catch a couple of others that don't pay much attention to the world at large.

[ooc] I might have waited and snagged a a whole lot more targets. Got them all to send surrender PM's in game, put up a website devoted to that pwn list, and THEN let everyone know. Then again, that takes a whole lot more time and planning.[/ooc]

Wow, so you wasted like 5 months and a ton of aid from other people to blow up a 3k NS nation?

That was so totally worth it!

Err yes, it was. Not everyone is interested in frantically building up infra and tech chasing the highest NS possible (before promptly losing it all in a war). If he is having fun teaching tech raiders a lesson then it is totally worth it for him. It is also refreshing to see someone using their nation in a different way to the frankly boring norm of desperately seeking ranks.

Don't worry though, if he needs someone to tell him how to enjoy his nation in future I'm sure he'll give you shout.

Edited by Aimee Mann

Err yes, it was. Not everyone is interested in frantically building up infra and tech chasing the highest NS possible (before promptly losing it all in a war). If he is having fun teaching tech raiders a lesson then it is totally worth it for him. It is also refreshing to see someone using their nation in a different way to the frankly boring norm of desperately seeking ranks.

Don't worry though, if he needs someone to tell him how to enjoy his nation in future I'm sure he'll give you shout.

But stat whoring is so much fun. I mean damage output is just so much prettier looking the bigger you are:

1,126.10 infra/day

289.57 tech/day

1,378.90 land/day

for me. That being said cheers to the OP for having fun with the game. I don't think this is revolutionary and has been done before but if he is having fun then props to him. Now if I were in range or what not I'd spring a counter-trap and make another thread. Sadly I am not.

Am I supposed to be impressed by those numbers? :v:

I'd hope not. They're not that high compared to say EB. Fact is that some get enjoyment from building their nation up to blow bigger things up. The OP gets enjoyment from what many would say is a waste of time of 5 months to blow up a 3k nation. Enderland, whom you quoted, constantly went none to try and lure raiders to play with so as I have said this isn't anything new really. Just a smaller scale.

I'd say it was larger scale since there are far more raiders at the OPs level than there were Enders, and they are generally far more willing to fight at those levels (as opposed to the high levels where most nations will just cry for peace just to save their stats). Of course it is the OPs choice whether he continues the crusade beyond one nation, but I personally hope that he does.

Edited by Aimee Mann

I'd hope not. They're not that high compared to say EB. Fact is that some get enjoyment from building their nation up to blow bigger things up. The OP gets enjoyment from what many would say is a waste of time of 5 months to blow up a 3k nation. Enderland, whom you quoted, constantly went none to try and lure raiders to play with so as I have said this isn't anything new really. Just a smaller scale.

LM, but Enderland and the many others who went luring in there victims had a tougher time of it, CN etiquette would almost dictate that if you raid someone with Nukes prepare to glow green, you and I have both been here a long time, have you ever seen this done quite like this, I know I haven't

Today I'm going to be very very nice to You, be thankful, truly, thankful, I know your leadership better than you know your own alliance and have a lot more respect for them to bash you in PUBLIC, like you should be.

You need to read, I mean read not just the TLDR and a brief passing, every time you post I ask myself why Mila even allows you to bare a Monos Archein affiliation, it just makes you look bad..

I'll give you the hooked on phonics version of this since you need it..

This has nothing to do with CNARF, hell our op says so right here.

Let me tell you right now, I have been on this planet since Feb 16th 2006 in way or another and this stunt has never been done, not like this it hasn't ... so go back to your home wine and cry to your superiors that Free made fun of you, or come do something about it, I assure you my bite is allot worse than my bark..

To KaitlinK, sorry babe he had this one coming.

And you think this is some sort of tongue lashing? This is like CNARF except without the skill and with a lot more blinking lights and noise makers.

And if you don't like my posts, feel free to ignore them from now on, no one is forcing you to read them. Also, LOL at you trying to play the "I've been here longer than you, therefore that somehow gives me more credibility" card. You really have no idea who you're talking to if you think I'd ever whine and cry about someone who thinks they made fun of me. Go ask Mila, or kaitlink, or any of them. Go on, ask them.

Go. Ask. Them.

LM, but Enderland and the many others who went luring in there victims had a tougher time of it, CN etiquette would almost dictate that if you raid someone with Nukes prepare to glow green, you and I have both been here a long time, have you ever seen this done quite like this, I know I haven't

With the same pinash? Not so much. That being said I've seen plenty of people have a big warchest, get declared on, then make a huge jump in the lower levels before and even seen a few buy an MP at the time. Was it done as well on the OWF? No.