Monthly STA Press Conference

pezstar

I've been on the winning side and losing side in wars and I found being on the winning side a very empty experience while being on the losing side more rewarding. As an alliance who has tasted both victory and defeat have you had the same experience?

Not empty enough to claw reps from a badly beaten alliance, I might add. Unless that is what gives you that empty feeling now? But on to your question.

No, I see war as a service to your allies or a defence of my alliance. Win or lose I feel proud of the way the STA's membership handled themselves and proud of the way our alliance has defended and assisted our allies. If your alliance does its job in war and handles itself well throughout the conflict then there is no empty feeling at all.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been on the winning side and losing side in wars and I found being on the winning side a very empty experience while being on the losing side more rewarding. As an alliance who has tasted both victory and defeat have you had the same experience?

Enh. I'm not sure we've found much pleasure in any of our wins or losses. To my recollection, the only war we've ever taken place in that was not in defense of a treaty partner was our second war with WAPA, and we didn't take much pleasure in that win. I mean, it was nice that we didn't lose, but there was a significant enough strength difference that there was never any question about whether we would win or lose.

The only real loss as long as I've been around (creeping up on 2 years now. Wow.) was the one where Valhalla extorted a ton of money and tech from us because of old Legion related grudges. That was neither sweet nor rewarding to me, though it very well may have been to others in the alliance.

So not so much to me. Maybe Tyga feels differently.

Where do you see STA in 6 months, Economics, Defense, FA wise.....

Economically, I see us continuing on the path we are on. Internal tech dealing and other aid programs have seen our new members who decide to get involved in such programs grow quickly.

Defence-wise. Again, I see the STA maintaining her current allies as we have a solid and reliable group of allies who share our commitment to mutual defence. I would hope to see our treaty with Silence upgraded to one of mutual defence and also see a similar level of treaty held with TIO.

In Foreign Affairs, I've covered a lot of it in the defence aspect. We hope that the new FA policy announced the other day will be effective and if any alliances emerge that have principles that the STA sees as analogous to ours, then we will consider pursuing more formal relations with such an alliance.

My Google Chrome for some reason stopped auto-logging in to your forums some time ago. I don't remember my password, so I'll probably not be logging in for a while.

Not really a question, but whatever.

My Google Chrome for some reason stopped auto-logging in to your forums some time ago. I don't remember my password, so I'll probably not be logging in for a while.

Not really a question, but whatever.

I can reset your password if you wish.

can you make it "mmmrum"? it's the same as my nation password and all my other forum passwords so it'll be easier to remember.

Sure, I'll confirm it to you on our public IRC channel just to be sure you are aware.

Has STA yet corrected its position on the LUE civil war?

No, we are still sitting on the fence waiting to support whoever wins.

those are added later on so they aren't our true color

Siberian Dye-Job Alliance?

The truth is revealed at press conference!

White%20tiger%20cubs%20together.JPG

Back: Before, Fore: After

Scandal rocks the Twinkie Palace as the Tigers' Striped secrets are laid bare!

Edited by Vanadrin Failing

Given some of the discussion by STA regarding TPF being threatening or making your experience on white a bad one. Could you say if that feeling has honestly been felt since I took over last year and if so could you give some of the instances and how you would have liked them handled so as to be more cooperative with your alliance.

What are the STA's views on NPO's peace terms?

The final ones or the original ones? I'm not a fan of punishing people for using peace mode as I find it to be a legitimate tactic when at war, especially when you are on the wrong end of a one-sided war. So, while not supporting that term, it was humourous to see the NPO cry foul as they faced a taste of their own medicine.

As for the final terms they accepted, I thought they were fine. The NPO was always going to get some decent reps to pay at the end of this war.

Who do you predict will fight the next major war? Not looking for specific details, but many claim to already see battle lines being drawn between the major blocs, how do you guys see things shaping up?

Never really thought about it but have heard the same rumours as most people have. Citatel vs SuperFriends, Citadel vs Frostbite...I think people just like to speculate.

Given some of the discussion by STA regarding TPF being threatening or making your experience on white a bad one. Could you say if that feeling has honestly been felt since I took over last year and if so could you give some of the instances and how you would have liked them handled so as to be more cooperative with your alliance.

I, personally, have not seen any change in attitude towards the STA from TPF. As for instances, there has not been much opportunity for anything to happen between our alliances since you took over. For the most part the STA was under peace terms from the noCB War and then the Karma War started a few months after we came out of peace terms. This lack of incidents may also contribute to me not noticing any difference in attitude as there has been no opportunity for any change in attitude to present itself.

The key ideological difference between our alliance as far as the white team is concerned is we do not see it as mandatory for all white team alliance to share formal treaties with each other for their to be "white unity". In fact, I think "unity" is not that desirable a situation as it involves a kind of group-think that I despise. A group-think that browbeats alliances to conform with the attitude of the majority of alliances on the trading sphere or move somewhere else.

I think mutual cooperation economically is a more realistic goal for a trading sphere and it was something we had hoped to achieve through SNOW until the non-aggression element and the abuse of such a clause ended our membership there. Every discussion on "white unity" has involved the STA signing a treaty of some level with alliances we do not know and, in a worst case scenario, do not trust either. This goes against the principles of the STA and is why we have resisted such a push every time.

This is not to say we are not interested in mutual cooperation and a purely economic relationship with the other white team alliances. It just means we will not ignore our own FA policy to fall into line with the expectations and demands of other alliances who seem to think they have the only say on how a white team alliance should act and who they can and cannot ally with.

Edited by Tygaland

I have no issue with being social as my post clearly stated. Economic mutual cooperation is what all teams should aspire too rather that trying to turn their entire team into a giant MDoAP bloc.

The problem is, in the past, the aliances holding the power on the white team have demanded treaties in the name of "white unity" which is not being social at all. Not to mention it is hardly uniting to try and browbeat alliances into treaties they do not want.

I'd be delighted if things changed between the STA and TPF but that will require open-mindedness and people letting go of the "if you don't treaty with us you are against us" mentality that has tainted "white unity" pushes in the past.

Here's an important slate of questions for you, especially Tyga, regarding both the furry nature of the alliance and its aesthetics:

Is STA a psychobilly alliance? Or did it sell out?

When shall we expect your next piece of work in stores?

What is your favorite piece of material that you have written?

What other alliance do you enjoy playing with the most?

Is it true that "Siberian Tiger Alliance Never Dies" will be a new coined slogan by STA?

How many tattoos do you have?

TigerArmy.jpg

d'oh..