Instrument of Surrender for the New Pacific Order

sethb

the time has come for peace ,for the men to go home for families to reunite,

for the infra to again grow ,and for tech to be passed to the victors,

some of NPO fought well ,to you I salute you ,to the NPO nations that hid in peace mode the entire war ,,

now you pay for your cowardice with money and tech.for it may have been you who could have turned the tide of war but in your fear of losing mere pixels ,you chose to cower in the shadows.for this I have no respect.

That's hardly fair, those larger nations in peace mode could not have turned the tide on their own. Whatever reason they were there, I'm pretty sure it wasn't cowardice.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That's hardly fair, those larger nations in peace mode could not have turned the tide on their own. Whatever reason they were there, I'm pretty sure it wasn't cowardice.

I'm sure they won't be too offended seeing as the NPO labelled anyone else who used peace mode as a coward. :P

I'm sure they won't be too offended seeing as the NPO labelled anyone else who used peace mode as a coward. :P

Ahh, but remember, when they use it, it's a sound military tactic and you'd be stupid not to use it. :ph34r:

I picture the senior most NPO members being given a picture of Richard Nixon in a secret ceremony. True?

I will not bother to scroll through all the comments that usually accompany massive announcements such as this one but I will say that aside from the Phoenix Federation I am glad to finally see this war come to an end.

We love you too.

-Bama

A member of Mushroom Kingdom calling us surrender monkeys?

Just how many times has your alliance or past incarnations surrendered? Or disbanded?

:lol1:

I don't know what past incarnations you're talking about.

We only lose defensive wars though. emot-laugh.gif

Ahh, but remember, when they use it, it's a sound military tactic and you'd be stupid not to use it. :ph34r:

I picture the senior most NPO members being given a picture of Richard Nixon in a secret ceremony. True?

I wouldn't know, I'm not even invited to publicly announced NPO ceremonies these days.

Peace mode is a sound military tactic and always has been. But if you label it as cowardice then you can't complain too much if others label you a coward for using those tactics later on. I remember another alliance of warriors who labelled the tactic as cowardice but then used it themselves later on too. So the NPO is by no means alone in the selective attitude towards peace mode.

Edited by Tygaland

III. The New Pacific Order hereby publicly acknowledges and states it waged an unjustified war of aggression against the alliance of Ordo Verde, with the full realisation that it would initiate a global war of unprecedented proportions.

Thank you for that. I had a delightful war. :)

I congratulate the victorious parties. The outcome is clear and concise. The terms, whilst harsh, spare the defeated from needless humiliation. It is now time for the New Pacific Order to rebuild itself. Not simply to satisfy the demands of those who were always its enemies, but rather to seek out and make ammends with the friends and comrades they left behind.

Edited by Mussolandia

I wouldn't know, I'm not even invited to publicly announced NPO ceremonies these days.

Peace mode is a sound military tactic and always has been. But if you label it as cowardice then you can't complain too much if others label you a coward for using those tactics later on. I remember another alliance of warriors who labelled the tactic as cowardice but then used it themselves later on too. So the NPO is by no means alone in the selective attitude towards peace mode.

Comparing what Valhalla did with what NPO did in terms of military tactics is pretty much apples and oranges. The understanding was that Valhalla was going to war, it was just a question of picking the spot. That happened soon enough. We left most of our total infra on the battlefield as a result.

No, I don't think you can look at any of the major combatant alliances in this war and call them "cowards". Individual nations? Well that's another story. Those that consciously avoided war by changing alliances at the last minute or hovering in Peace Mode for no other reason but to protect themselves know who they are and they have to live with it.

Edited by ChairmanHal

Thanks to all my comrades at NPO and our honorable friends in TPF, 64 Digits, Echelon, and Avalon.

Thanks also to the specific Karma enemies I fought; it was often fun, even when I got beat down.

Our brightest days are before us!

Edited by sir justin

Today, a big reset button was pushed.

NPO got harsh economic terms, but it shows the character of Karma that ultimately, none of the cruel instruments of surrender NPO introduced to all of us are part of the terms imposed.

NPO now gets to rebuild, both infrastructure, and relationships with many alliances. I wish them good luck and hope that we see a more humbled version after the terms ended, one that experienced partly what it means to be humilated with harsh terms, and one that found out how few true friends stuck around till the end.

The new times certainly will be exiting to watch, I hope that for as long as possible, the world stays a somewhat multipolar world, not one where we get to relive the past 1 1/2 years just under a different label.

No receiving tech from outside alliances? Good. However I personally was expecting a blanket restriction on aid that wasn't reparations (including monetary or internal tech deals). Seeing this as not the case is somewhat disappointing given that the two weeks of war were traded out for some more money and the outside tech restriction.

Unless I'm reading that wrong.

Oh well, peace at last.

I hope you have learned your lesson, NPO. Your arrogance over the years could only get you this far. Here is to a fresh start. I somehow doubt you will reassess your foreign policy - but one can only hope.

No receiving tech from outside alliances? Good. However I personally was expecting a blanket restriction on aid that wasn't reparations (including monetary or internal tech deals). Seeing this as not the case is somewhat disappointing given that the two weeks of war were traded out for some more money and the outside tech restriction.

I read this term

NPO nations are forbidden to accept aid offers containing technology for the duration of surrender terms.

to include internal tech deals. Perhaps I, too, am reading it wrong.

There is a blanket restriction on tech aid: "NPO nations are forbidden to accept aid offers containing technology for the duration of surrender terms."

To break the tech clauses down: we will be sending over 100% of our tech (350k of 348k) from under 25% of our nations (those over 1k tech -- around 132 nations last I heard), and nations aren't allowed to receive tech aid. So our 1k+ tech nations will have to send everything they have along with hundreds of thousands more that they will have to buy and send immediately, since a large quantity of our 348k tech is tied up in nations that are banned from making any use of it.

I read this term

to include internal tech deals. Perhaps I, too, am reading it wrong.

If that is the case it's not so lenient as I had thought and will definitely slow growth. It would have been nice to see internal money aid limited as well, but they probably wouldn't accept that based on their people stuck in bill lock.

Edit:

There is a blanket restriction on tech aid: "NPO nations are forbidden to accept aid offers containing technology for the duration of surrender terms."

To break the tech clauses down: we will be sending over 100% of our tech (350k of 348k) from under 25% of our nations (those over 1k tech -- around 132 nations last I heard), and nations aren't allowed to receive tech aid. So our 1k+ tech nations will have to send everything they have along with hundreds of thousands more that they will have to buy and send immediately, since a large quantity of our 348k tech is tied up in nations that are banned from making any use of it.

Thanks for the clarification from someone who understands the intent of the term. The written word seemed somewhat unclear and could have gone either way.

Edited by Seerow

Oh well, peace at last.

I hope you have learned your lesson, NPO. Your arrogance over the years could only get you this far. Here is to a fresh start. I somehow doubt you will reassess your foreign policy - but one can only hope.

I'd say the only lesson NPO needs to learn is to choose their allies more carefully. Everything else they did that led them to this point led to them being the #1 alliance. Certainly nothing wrong with excellence.

Were talking long-term here. His defined time frame.

If memory serves, and you follow your apparent definition of causes for disbanding alliances, the NPO did succeed in destroying LUE, so they still lost in the end.

Moreover, his definition of victory wasnt about the stated goals of the defeated, but moreso about foiling the objectives of the victors. So, once again, from that perspective the NPO won.

See, you're not debating my definitions here, you're trying to go after He who has no name's. So you would do better to discount my posts by trying to point out how *his* definitions are "a little backwards".

There is a slight difference.

GWI's front was officially closed by that point, whereas VietFAN 2 was not concluded and was an ongoing conflict at the beginning of this war.

While He Who Has No Name uses a long time frame, he's also got his front of the war still open until Karma just forced the NPO to basically peace out FAN, whereas GWI was long completed before GWIII and its aftermath.

HeinousOne, couple of things. First if GOD (i.e. Xiphosis) wasn't completely satisfied with the terms, they would still be at war with or without everyone on the front. If GOD was still at war, its allies would be as well. If anyone thinks we'd have abandoned GOD to fight by themselves, they're an idiot. Secondly, Xiphosis was not the only "problem" on the NPO front. There were about as many "problems" as people and who was the worst depends entirely on who you ask, mostly because people don't tend to think of themselves as a problem. Xiphosis also happens to be a polarizing figure which means most people either love him or hate him. As we all know, people love blaming people they don't like for all their problems, especially as an alternative to considering their own actions critically.