Operation Decaffination

shayde

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't have periods, I have exclamation points. That said, I thought my agenda here was pretty obvious. I came into the thread to post a declaration of support for a MADP partner, and wound up exchanging words with Shayde since I'm not yet in a position to exchange cruise missiles with him.

Was that really so hard to get?

Oh right...my bad, got lost in the "exclamation points".

Edited by Trubish

So are you saying that MA is openly supporting war against a member of Ronin? A protectorate of Genesis and Mushroom Kingdom? Because that is what I think you are saying. You would be wise to shut your mouth before someone shuts it for you.
Is it too late to revoke yours?

Trying to make one member's opinion into an alliance issue just to shut them up is so 2008. You will not silence anyone with this tactic, so maybe you should just give the open discussion a try?

Trying to make one member's opinion into an alliance issue just to shut them up is so 2008. You will not silence anyone with this tactic, so maybe you should just give the open discussion a try?

funny-picture18.jpg

That's my take on trying to convince a C&G alliance to care about free speech when it pertains to their own actions.

I'll tell you what's not lulz - the greatness of Rebel Virginia. That's very srs bsns.

After reading this thread I'd support a war against Ronin and not limit it to just one member.

OH NO DID I JUST DECLARE WARZ?!?!?!

e- it's amazing how many of the morality crowd resort to "we'll war you if you don't shut up" just like the old days.

Change we can all believe in.

Edited by Viking

e- it's amazing how many of the morality crowd resort to "we'll war you if you don't shut up" just like the old days.

Many of those you call the morality crowd were just opportunists who'd say anything to get one over on their enemies, now that those enemies have been dealt with I'm sure they'll drop all this moral stuff just as quickly as they picked it up.

Don't despair, though. There are plenty of people who are consistent enough in their beliefs to continue to point out the anti-free speech bullies in the power structure :blush:

Many of those you call the morality crowd were just opportunists who'd say anything to get one over on their enemies, now that those enemies have been dealt with I'm sure they'll drop all this moral stuff just as quickly as they picked it up.

Don't despair, though. There are plenty of people who are consistent enough in their beliefs to continue to point out the anti-free speech bullies in the power structure :blush:

To be fair Ive never considered myself a part of the morality crowd.

So are you saying that MA is openly supporting war against a member of Ronin? A protectorate of Genesis and Mushroom Kingdom? Because that is what I think you are saying. You would be wise to shut your mouth before someone shuts it for you.

As for Shayde, he is going to take a trip to ZI at the hands of Ronin (and friends) military so he can think and reflect on his actions. Nothing more and nothing less than that. No one premeditates an attack on a member of my alliance and goes away unpunished.

I went ahead and read 3 pages of the topic. So I'm sorry if I missed something e.e

Not to argue here Airme but Astronaut Jones isn't government of MA. I'm probably the biggest troll in all of tLC, I've been threatened by alliances that I have actually not done anything to.

When it comes to people speaking, it seems like you're trying to give him veiled threats because he's speaking of his dislike of Caffine.

I hate atleast 5 members in every sanctioned alliance. Doesn't mean I'm against them all, it means I have my own separate experiences. The same goes for AJ.

Nevertheless, if someone were to attack Astronaut Jones for his opinion, or just to attack AJ in general (assuming it was alliance sanctioned) then I for one know I would be one of the ones (among all of the other Dynomite Pact members) helping said alliance "lose some weight". And by lose some weight, I mean lose that unneeded infra, tech, and land that's just weighing them down.

NOTE: This is not a threat to anyone, it is an open and honest statement. I do not speak for tLC and I couldn't care less what anyone else has to say on this matter. Just my opinion.

Since Caffine did a !@#$%* job of FA in Echelon, I was following this post quite well until we got to this part.

I had set myself on this path when I had left Echelon.

Then I got to this line, and then I was just confused why this was happening :P Any particular reasons for this grudge OP?

So, a rogue attacks a member of Ronin, Ronin and their protector attack rogue. What is the big deal here? Looks like a standard counter-rogue operation here.

The rogue doesn't understand "Protectorate status" or "war range"

The rogue doesn't understand "Protectorate status" or "war range"

Then it is more than a standard counter-rogue operation. It is a tutorial in the basics of foreign affairs, treaties and the Cyberverse's war system. You should charge him by the hour.

Edited by Tygaland

Shayde understands exactly what he's doing, as unlikely as that may seem.

Although I can't support going nuke-rouge, I can say I do support his retribution. I would had preferred he challenged Caffine to a duel to properly school him without providing him with any sympathy, but it is his cause, and for those that know the history, his crusade is just. Shayde & I do not see eye to eye often, but in this action I see his perspective clearly: "I may go to hell, but I'm take'in you with me..." That's the "loyalty" Caffine instills.

To his protectorate: I understand your obligations, and hold no ill will towards your members, but I do hope this incident will cause you to question the value of such a member that would draw such ire. For all those that would speak out against Caffine, there are 10 who would do exactly what Shayde is doing if they had the opportunity. Protecting such a member is your prerogative, but his stench surely contaminates the honorable reputation of those who would associate with him, even through such obligations.

I do wish this battle was more balanced for a better show, but it is what it is. May Caffine burn along with his nation...

I think the best way to do this sort of business is to challenge them to a proper duel swearing you won't attack unless he agrees and then IF he declines you declare war anyway and just go rogue.

I don't know the history you two have but I assume that you wouldn't do this unless you felt it was necessary. To all those would-be vigilantes out there. If you're going to do something like this, make sure it gets done right. There is nothing more embarassing than a failed rogue attempt.

@ AirMe: AJ was not the only one expressing support for this roguery, why is he/his alliance the only one you're puffing your chest at?

@ Ebony Wings: Ugh, you would do well to watch the words you use.

Because he was the only one, other than Sileath, expressing it in the manor of a 6th grader.

Now I will admit that I rushed into the thread a little hastily and should not have accused AJ of talking for MA. I will man up to that. But that doesn't make up for the threats to aid a nation who is at war with one of my members. Besides according to him I am just white knighting for caffine and I have a colossal telephone pole shoved up my rear.

Again I have no issue with free speech, but I do find it odd that no one complains about it till someone speaks out against them. And I do include myself under that criticism as well.

EDIT: When I accepted caffine into Ronin, I did so fully knowing that eventually someone was going to rogue on him. But as I stated in the last alliance update, I believe in second chances and I am going to give him one. He has not given me a reason to doubt that decision as of yet and I will continue to defend him as I would any member of my alliance.

Edited by AirMe

EDIT: When I accepted caffine into Ronin, I did so fully knowing that eventually someone was going to rogue on him. But as I stated in the last alliance update, I believe in second chances and I am going to give him one. He has not given me a reason to doubt that decision as of yet and I will continue to defend him as I would any member of my alliance.

This seems a bit surprising. I guess if you're willing to accept these circumstances, considering his reputation & potential stain, that decision must be respected. I would only predict Shayde will not be the last nation to go rouge on Caffine... I'll also predict Caffine will be back to his "old-ways" soon enough, and bring even more attention. Good luck with him!

caffine and I have a colossal telephone pole shoved up my rear.

Again I have no issue with free speech, but I do find it odd that no one complains about it till someone speaks out against them. And I do include myself under that criticism as well.

You are, and you do.

also, I never complain about free speech, because I like it when it occurs. I CONSTANTLY speak out against people like you and the "morality squad" who would rather silence people.

Enjoy your PR. Looks like I WAS RIGHT AGAIN!

Wow, just because I choose not to express my views in a manner of your liking, who would have thought I'd ACTUALLY BE RIGHT MOST OF THE TIME? Man, GO FIGURE.

Shayde understands exactly what he's doing, as unlikely as that may seem.

This is exactly the case ... having the bad luck to have personally experienced Caffine's modus operandi in Echelon, I understand why Shayde feels this was the only honorable course of action. This is nothing more than the ultimate expression of 'as you sow, so shall ye reap' and although I understand the well-intentioned acts of many who would ally themselves with Caffine here, you might as well buy cheap land in Florida and start draining the swamp.

This is exactly the case ... having the bad luck to have personally experienced Caffine's modus operandi in Echelon, I understand why Shayde feels this was the only honorable course of action. This is nothing more than the ultimate expression of 'as you sow, so shall ye reap' and although I understand the well-intentioned acts of many who would ally themselves with Caffine here, you might as well buy cheap land in Florida and start draining the swamp.

Airme would like to constantly, and publically, remind us all that he accepted caffine because "he believes in second chances" and that "everybody deserves one", and he'll make sure to do it publically so you all know how glorious and righteous he is, and how evil we all are compared to him.

Well, I have news for Airme, but no one is as glorious and righteous as Rebel Virginia.

Airme would like to constantly, and publically, remind us all that he accepted caffine because "he believes in second chances" and that "everybody deserves one", and he'll make sure to do it publically so you all know how glorious and righteous he is, and how evil we all are compared to him.

Well, I have news for Airme, but no one is as glorious and righteous as Rebel Virginia.

I have my character and beliefs as do you. I have carried myself the way I carry myself for my over 3 years playing the game. If you want to play your character like a jackass and a fool and I want to play the game like I have honor, respect and integrity, that's each of our own right and no one can take it away from us. But you shouldn't be surprised when someone doesn't like it. If you want to reflect negatively on your alliance, again that is up to you and them. Again, as I have said, if we all played the game the same way and said the same things it would be pretty damn boring.

And you are right, no one is more holy than Rebel Virginia.

I have my character and beliefs as do you. I have carried myself the way I carry myself for my over 3 years playing the game. If you want to play your character like a jackass and a fool and I want to play the game like I have honor, respect and integrity, that's each of our own right and no one can take it away from us. But you shouldn't be surprised when someone doesn't like it. If you want to reflect negatively on your alliance, again that is up to you and them. Again, as I have said, if we all played the game the same way and said the same things it would be pretty damn boring.

And you are right, no one is more holy than Rebel Virginia.

Except your honour, respect, and integrity is a fraud. It's a shame. It's like cellophane, man, anyone with half a brain can see through it, and see through you. I don't appease you, so I'm a jackass and a fool? I don't respond the way you would like, and you resort to calling me names, and insulting my intelligence?

Is that not the pot calling the kettle black, or is that more of your honour, integrity, and respect on display?

I will say to your face, that I am better than you, because with me, what you see is what you get. I don't attempt to hide anything, I don't claim to have honour, integrity, and respect with one breath, and then insult someone's intelligence and call them a jackass and a fool with another.

I am better than you, Airme.

Edited by astronaut jones