Operation Decaffination

shayde

Seerow has NPO roots..........

I recalled him being in GOONS and had that conformed by someone else before making the remark. Be that as it may, let me ask you, Airme since you would have knowledge of this, is it MK's standing policy to allow its membership to threaten members of other alliances, and indirectly Valhalla, as part of their "free speech"?

EDIT: spelling is fun

Edited by ChairmanHal

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's laughable. Ronin, if they cared to protect the snake, should have been able to handle little 'ol me. An alliance of seven, with two actual attackers, and a mint in support should have been able to handle one nation attacking one nation.

So calling in a protectorate over it can hardly be called game mechanics, it's cowardice.

Regardless of your personal feelings over Caffine, you are either ignorant to game mechanics (which you claim you are not), or you are willfully ignoring them to suit your own agenda.

You are also trying fruitlessly to attach a negative connotation to a protectorate. It is not cowardice to use everything you have at your disposal to protect one of your own members, it would in fact be the sign of poor leadership to do anything but use every tool you have to protect one of your own.

I for one have a countdown to the day Valhalla's protectorate expires.

And why is that exactly? Just curious since your talking about my allies and I wouldnt want there to be any misunderstandings. ;)

Edited by KaitlinK

If Echelon has issues with me, they've not made them available to me. I believe I departed on good terms with Echelon and I certainly did not burn my bridges to the waterline, unlike yourself.
We have that swill called Foster's in the US. I blame Solidus

:awesome:

I recalled him being in GOONS and had that conformed by someone else before making the remark. Be that as it may, let me ask you, Airme since you would have knowledge of this, is it MK's standing policy to allow its membership to threaten members of other alliances, and indirectly Valhalla, as part of their "free speech"?

Your source is wrong. Seerow was NPO prior to being in MK. I believe you and your source are thinking of Anthony. As for your other request, I noticed people only scream about free speech when someone else is speaking freely against them.

[ooc]I think I was GOONS on the moon for a period of time, but at that point I was mostly ghosting/innactive. I was also a part of FARK, ZERG, and a half dozen other alliances during that time. But in this game I have never been in GOONS. That may be what caused your confusion[/ooc] [back ic]

I have only been a member of three alliances on Planet Bob, The New Pacific Order, Mushroom Kingdom, and New Sith Order. I for one would love to know who presumes to know more about my own history than myself.

I'll let AirMe speak for himself though I will say that your question would be more accurately put forth to our current government, as AirMe at this point has no control over what I can and cannot do.

Edit:

And why is that exactly? Just curious since your talking about my allies and I wouldnt want there to be any misunderstandings. wink.gif

Obviously I cannot hold in my joy at the thought of Valhalla being restored to its former glory?

Edited by Seerow

Morals?

The only morals I have here are all that matter. Caffine deserves it, I'm bringing it.

Everything else is gravy.

I'm not arguing that any of the spectators-turned-participants can't come up with a reason to butt in. I'm just saying it's cowardly. Those MK nations who jumped in only did so because it's a glorified reason for a tech raid. They didn't do it because Caffine deserved protection, they did it for the tech. Hell, I'd pledge to give each one of them 50 tech to cease their attacks if they wanted to save themselves the cash. Grease the palms if you will.

So feign indignation all day... I just posted here so those who wanted could grab a ringside seat.

Wow. Asking us to cease attacks upon our protectorate. Smooth, and bound to work.

I never asked... just offered an easier way. If they want to do it the old fashioned way, they can. So not losing sleep over it.

Edited by Shayde

Your source is wrong. Seerow was NPO prior to being in MK. I believe you and your source are thinking of Anthony. As for your other request, I noticed people only scream about free speech when someone else is speaking freely against them.

Or when you attempt to silence someone indirectly by accusing their words of representing the words of their alliance.

OH SNAP.

Threats only work if the person you're threatening either gives a damn or has any respect for the person giving the threats. I neither give a damn, nor have any respect for you.

Edited by astronaut jones

Morals?

The only morals I have here are all that matter. Caffine deserves it, I'm bringing it.

I'm not arguing that any of the spectators-turned-participants can't come up with a reason to butt in. I'm just saying it's cowardly. Those MK nations who jumped in only did so because it's a glorified reason for a tech raid. They didn't do it because Caffine deserved protection, they did it for the tech. Hell, I'd pledge to give each one of them 50 tech to cease their attacks if they wanted to save themselves the cash. Grease the palms if you will.

So feign indignation all day... I just posted here so those who wanted could grab a ringside seat.

MK are not mercenaries, we protect our members, and protectorates until we have nothing left. Although you can send me that 50tech, tia.

Morals?

Again, you are trying to attach a negative connotation to one of the most basic principles of alliances and inter alliance politics. Your attacks on a member of an alliance provoked a response out of both the alliance and the alliances Protectors. Of course they are going to enjoy the tech that they will gain from your nation, just as I am sure Caffine will or the other Ronin nation on you will. That is part of the game mechanics of warfare, which you brought upon yourself when you attacked Caffine.

You wish to portray the most basic tenants of alliances and protectorates as negative, because they are being brought against you. Fine. In any event, I am done fruitlessly debating you on this.

I never asked... just offered an easier way. If they want to do it the old fashioned way, they can. So not losing sleep over it.

Wait, there's something I don't get. You call MK cowards, then try to buy your way out of punishment for declaring on Ronin. How does this work?

Wow. Asking us to cease attacks upon our protectorate. Smooth, and bound to work.

To be fair, if he starts upping the ante I might talk them into accepting it.

I think even Caffiene wouldn't mind taking this guy out alone in exchange for gaining an eternal tech farm for Ronin.

But 50 tech? Taking it through war is just way more fun. And fulfils our protectorate to boot.

Edited by Seerow

Wait, there's something I don't get. You call MK cowards, then try to buy your way out of punishment for declaring on Ronin. How does this work?

No.. read slower.

I never called MK cowards, I called them tech raiders. I called Ronin cowardly for not taking care of business themselves.

No.. read slower.

I never called MK cowards, I called them tech raiders. I called Ronin cowardly for not taking care of business themselves.

Tech raiders go out of their way looking for targets. You put yourself in our faces and said "PLEASE TAKE MY TECH I REALLY DONT WANT IT ANYMORE. ALSO INFRA IS OVERRATED PLEASE GET RID OF MINE"

Protip: Next time you go rogue, buy an SDI first.

For the record I have never been a part of GOONS nor have I had an account on the Something Awful forums. So I'd be interested to know where these GOONS roots I have are coming from :wacko:

Let's just say I've heard something similar come out of the mouth of a GOONS not only here but elsewhere. There were/are rather famous for it.

This is true. If my NPO roots are what's showing through though, and Chairman Hal is arguing in favor of them having a white peace, surely my attitude must be a good one.

...right?

Since the sarcasm of my initial remarks has been lost, let me state my position on all this:

1. I could care less whether or not NPO gets terms now. They are not an ally of Valhalla and if I have any comment about it is purely an academic exercise.

2. I am not a member of the Caffine Fan Club. I told him weeks in advance of the war what was coming down and his response was to hide in the cave of Peace Mode until the coast was clear. That Ronin actually took pity on him and took him in makes him their problem to deal with and God help them.

3. The OP apparently went to the William Shatner School for Overly Dramatic War Declarations. He's a rogue pure and simple and I hope that Ronin kicks his butt.

4. I see a lot of unnecessary posturing and gesturing in this thread for no good reason. I have to wonder if some of you got bored standing at the base of a tall building waiting for someone to get close to the edge at the top so you could start chanting "jump!" and came here instead. You want to start a war over any of this? Really? Then just do it. Don't talk, shoot. Else, go back to the base of the building, you might get lucky and a pigeon will drop dead on the 29th floor and fall on you.

If you want to go to war against a member of Ronin, that's certainly your choice. I can respect the fact that you're willing to stand up for something you believe so strongly in, and I wish that more people in CN had that kind of candor. However, your choice has consequences. Oceana and Ronin are allies, and while it doesn't sound like there are going to be many opportunities for us to declare war on your nation, rest assured that we'll be doing whatever we can to aid in neutralizing you.

This isn't about morality, or achieving justice. Quite frankly, this is just about me helping to erase one more boneheaded mistake from the face of this planet.

This isn't about morality, or achieving justice. Quite frankly, this is just about me helping to erase one more boneheaded mistake from the face of this planet.

And handing me over the corpses so I can conduct thorough experimentation in order to build my grand Plague Colossus to dominate Russia! Bwahahahahahahahaha!

I don't care what alliance he's in. He finally came out of his shell and I pulled the trigger.

I would have done it if he was anywhere. It's personal.

Again, that's your choice. I'm not here to criticize your actions; I'm here to help my allies burn your nation to the ground.

As the official Meat Shield/Cyborg Commander/Scapegoat of the Independent Oceanic Nations, I hereby support my 'kiirs in this endeavor. The Monolith Army of Omnion and the finest soldiers I have - the Obelisk Corps - are willing to, provided we can get in line with enough strength, help destroy your armies with our superior tactics.

We've tackled foes stronger than us before, we can do it again.

Also, you have a silly outfit there, good sir!

Edited by Monathin