The GMs Court

hawk11

[quote name='Lynneth' date='13 July 2010 - 02:22 AM' timestamp='1279005741' post='2369125']
You don't have to see them as canon. I just RP with them. :v:

Fake edit: Why're you complaining only now?
[/quote]

You have them in a news thread about a canon nation and furthermore, when we were discussing things in the past you even threatened to use one of them on my own spy if I tried to do anything. So it's pretty much established that you view them as canon. Something cannot exist both in and out of public canon.

Further, as a GM, your lack of ruling on your egregious breaking of the rules is appalling - something as easy as marking your impossible posts with "[internal only; non-canon]" would make it to where anything you do is exempt from the rules but instead you elect to put them out there to be used without comment. In addition, by going on with other impossibilities you are making your nation seem even stronger than possible, thus having an effect without even having used them specifically.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont have a problem with them so long as theyre used in his own RP's and with people who give it permission.
If they were mass produced legionaries of death and used to storm Europe and kill everyone else before turning on their human masters and causing the war of the machines. BREATH.
then I would have an issue.

[quote name='Sargun' date='13 July 2010 - 11:43 AM' timestamp='1279035779' post='2369343']
[b]You have them in a news thread about a canon nation and furthermore, when we were discussing things in the past you even threatened to use one of them on my own spy if I tried to do anything. [/b]So it's pretty much established that you view them as canon. Something cannot exist both in and out of public canon.

[b]Further, as a GM, your lack of ruling on your egregious breaking of the rules is appalling - something as easy as marking your impossible posts with "[internal only; non-canon]" would make it to where anything you do is exempt from the rules but instead you elect to put them out there to be used without comment.[/b] In addition, by going on with other impossibilities you are making your nation seem even stronger than possible, thus having an effect without even having used them specifically.
[/quote]

I remember there was this tortured individual that threatened to wipe me off the map dozens of times OOC... never once, well actually once, have I believed him to be able to do it. Depending on the circumstances surrounding this 'threat' I doubt that establishes Lyn's view on canonity, as he's stated that they are not necessarily canon right here. I think he's toying with you.

I hope you find the community's lack of outrage, and the lack of rulings of the other GMs as equally appalling. As for not marking things internal/non-canon to make him seem stronger, well done on his part, a brilliant OOC-psychological warfare tool... although people should really learn to use common sense, especially since he has not shown undeniable intent to seriously use these impossibilities.

Edited by Executive Minister

[quote name='Executive Minister' date='13 July 2010 - 11:14 AM' timestamp='1279037650' post='2369363']
I remember there was this tortured individual that threatened to wipe me off the map dozens of times OOC... never once, well actually once, have I believed him to be able to do it. Depending on the circumstances surrounding this 'threat' I doubt that establishes Lyn's view on canonity, as he's stated that they are not necessarily canon right here. I think he's toying with you.

I hope you find the community's lack of outrage, and the lack of rulings of the other GMs as equally appalling. As for not marking things internal/non-canon to make him seem stronger, well done on his part, a brilliant OOC-psychological warfare tool... although people should really learn to use common sense, especially since he has not shown undeniable intent to seriously use these impossibilities.
[/quote]
Comparing my jokes about wiping off the map to his legitimate threats on using them against me IC brings to mind a phrase involving apples to oranges.

Indeed, I do find the lack of outrage and lack of rulings equally as appalling. While Lynneth goes and threatens Mergerberger over a single lightsaber in an internal RP, he decides that it's okay to genetically engineer supersoldiers with cat ears and create complete AIs, both of which are equally as egregious.

By the way, if he was toying with me he wouldn't start a query with me on IRC using homosexual slurs.

And i still CANONT see the issue so long as its an internal RP, and if its an external RP, he seeks permission from all involved with it.
I cant see alot of outrage simply because Lyn didnt become a GM by making stupid impossable thing and then trying to actually use them. A threat is one thing, actually using it is something else.

I altered my zombies so theyre walking bioweapons, not zombies simply because of the ammount if interaction I get through my treaties et cetera.
So until he mass produces them, and they start wiping out mankind and start a massive war between man and machine and he sends one back through time to kill the restistance leader john connor... there is no issue that i see.
Breath.

[quote name='Sargun' date='13 July 2010 - 01:11 PM' timestamp='1279041049' post='2369392']
Comparing my jokes about wiping off the map to his legitimate threats on using them against me IC brings to mind a phrase involving apples to oranges.

Indeed, I do find the lack of outrage and lack of rulings equally as appalling. While Lynneth goes and threatens Mergerberger over a single lightsaber in an internal RP, he decides that it's okay to genetically engineer supersoldiers with cat ears and create complete AIs, both of which are equally as egregious.

By the way, if he was toying with me he wouldn't start a query with me on IRC using homosexual slurs.
[/quote]

Apples to oranges... one man's treasure is another's... CB, in any case, I said depending on the circumstances involved, it was prolly nothing, or maybe its something. That alone should not be a clear cut 'OMFG' indicator that he wanted to use them?

Only, the threat he made was a warning that the said lightsaber must remain non-canon. A perfectly fine ruling. As for the cat ears, he's made it clear to me that those are not canonically binding. I fail to see the issue on those.

I meant toying with you in this thread by saying 'maybe they are, maybe they aren't. As for homosexual slurs... we ARE talking about CNRP, aren't we? You of all people should know its not exactly Buckingham Palace, albeit if you're genuinely upset about them you have my condolences... but such slurs do not make your claims anymore serious than they are from a canonical standpoint.

[quote name='Executive Minister' date='13 July 2010 - 12:32 PM' timestamp='1279042332' post='2369406']
Apples to oranges... one man's treasure is another's... CB, in any case, I said depending on the circumstances involved, it was prolly nothing, or maybe its something. That alone should not be a clear cut 'OMFG' indicator that he wanted to use them?

Only, the threat he made was a warning that the said lightsaber must remain non-canon. A perfectly fine ruling. As for the cat ears, he's made it clear to me that those are not canonically binding. I fail to see the issue on those.

I meant toying with you in this thread by saying 'maybe they are, maybe they aren't. As for homosexual slurs... we ARE talking about CNRP, aren't we? You of all people should know its not exactly Buckingham Palace, albeit if you're genuinely upset about them you have my condolences... but such slurs do not make your claims anymore serious than they are from a canonical standpoint.
[/quote]

He used a complete AI to send robots all over the world. He threatens to use supersoldiers if somebody does a spy operation. He interrupts threads to rule things as non-canon when he doesn't even do the courtesy of posting a notice on things even more outrageous that he does himself. He mixes his internal and national RP and then claims "it's just internal so it's okay" while saying others can't do internal things.

So excuse me if I find your ridiculous argument just that: ridiculous.

[quote name='Zoot Zoot' date='13 July 2010 - 09:21 PM' timestamp='1279074066' post='2370015']
Always one to piss on the parade.
[/quote]

Im trying to establish a criminal gang here and your bank is a perfect target for getting cash plus I said stealing some not all to be fair.

Your right my people won't know if anyone has put any money in so for all they know they could be hacking a system with nothing in side of it.

Also I chose HSBC because it is the bank I use IRL so no it isn't metagaming.

Edited by Kevin Kingswell

OOCly you can see its got the most money into it, and then you do spy rolls to steal money from it.
so yes, its metagaming.

If you want to establish a criminal gang, use the banks to your advantage by hiding your money in it, the description says no questions asked, and you dont have to do it on a national level, character level is fine aswell.

You let metagaming slip once and they will continue to do it.
Pluss I dont want my banks being skrewed over because of one guy being awkward.

Kevin, seriously, your criminal stuff would benefit more from stashing its money/stolen goods with the banks.
the motto is "no questions asked"

Edited by Zoot Zoot

[quote name='Zoot Zoot' date='13 July 2010 - 09:46 PM' timestamp='1279075592' post='2370102']
You let metagaming slip once and they will continue to do it.
Pluss I dont want my banks being skrewed over because of one guy being awkward.

Kevin, seriously, your criminal stuff would benefit more from stashing its money/stolen goods with the banks.
the motto is "no questions asked"
[/quote]

Right now they have no money to stash and since your bank message was public you provide a very open target. Not too mention that if they get caught hacking into your bank systems (highly probable) it will be easier to get away than it would be to hack in to their local banks.

If they get caught ill trace it and send SAS to kill them.
we strike a rock in the waves.
you mess up my RP, ill mess up yours :D

Not that Ide be such a douche about something, but by the way, you cant hack a bank system without an account number, so I would start with spy rolls to find the account number, from there, that allows you to access that specific account and empty it should you wish.

To rob a bank, you need to actually rob the bank, its neigh impossable to do it through the internet.

[quote name='Sargun' date='13 July 2010 - 02:17 PM' timestamp='1279045044' post='2369435']
He used a complete AI to send robots all over the world. He threatens to use supersoldiers if somebody does a spy operation. He interrupts threads to rule things as non-canon when he doesn't even do the courtesy of posting a notice on things even more outrageous that he does himself. He mixes his internal and national RP and then claims "it's just internal so it's okay" while saying others can't do internal things.

So excuse me if I find your ridiculous argument just that: ridiculous.
[/quote]

The only thing I haven't addressed previously is the 'robots all over the world bit'. I'm not Lynneth's lawyer, but I can say as a neutral party (I have no IC or OOC ties with him or you) that I have not seen any GM abuse as blatant as you have put it.

I accept your apology.

[quote name='Executive Minister' date='14 July 2010 - 06:45 AM' timestamp='1279107924' post='2370770']
The only thing I haven't addressed previously is the 'robots all over the world bit'. I'm not Lynneth's lawyer, but I can say as a neutral party (I have no IC or OOC ties with him or you) that I have not seen any GM abuse as blatant as you have put it.

I accept your apology.
[/quote]
You did not address his hypocrisy or his lack of action, and unless you are an idiot you cannot deny that a lack of action (in other words, inaction) can be just as abusive as improperly wielding his power. Further, addressing something is not the same as correctly arguing against it, and you have failed on all points to convince me that his flaunting of the rules is legitimate.

I reject your apology.

[quote name='Sargun' date='14 July 2010 - 11:25 AM' timestamp='1279121139' post='2370992']
You did not address his hypocrisy or his lack of action, and unless you are an idiot you cannot deny that a lack of action (in other words, inaction) can be just as abusive as improperly wielding his power. Further, addressing something is not the same as correctly arguing against it, and you have failed on all points to convince me that his flaunting of the rules is legitimate.

I reject your apology.
[/quote]

[quote]Indeed, I do find the lack of outrage and lack of rulings equally as appalling. While Lynneth goes and threatens Mergerberger over a single lightsaber in an internal RP, he decides that it's okay to genetically engineer supersoldiers with cat ears and create complete AIs, both of which are equally as egregious.[/quote]

[quote]You did not address his hypocrisy or his lack of action, and unless you are an idiot you cannot deny that a lack of action (in other words, inaction) can be just as abusive as improperly wielding his power.[/quote]

Alright. Lynneth DID threaten Mergerberger over the lightsaber concept internal RP. Being the person that originally went to Lynneth and said, 'Yo dude, lightsabers" on IRC I distinctly remember his 'threat' was along the lines of 'that light saber better not be usable now, if you try to use it as a canonical item, I'm going to come down, hard'. He ruled (gave a warning in this case) on a community member's distinct request.

The cat ears and AI's:

My response:

[quote]As for not marking things internal/non-canon to make him seem stronger, well done on his part, a brilliant OOC-psychological warfare tool... although people[b] should really learn to use common sense, especially since he has not shown undeniable intent to seriously use these impossibilities.[/b][/quote]

Instead of having everything labeled for you, which would be nice don't get me wrong, you should really be able to determine what is and is not acceptable for pure canon. You are correct in voicing your outrage over cat ears and AIs as they are impossible 10 years from now, which shows you have at least the mental capacity required to use common sense in determining what is and isn't canon. How failing to label things immediately equals a corrupt and evil

[quote]By the way, if he was toying with me he wouldn't start a query with me on IRC using homosexual slurs. [/quote]

and homophobic GM is beyond me. The minute he truely and I don't mean [i]'Hey Sargun, maybe i'll use my super spies against you, oooooh scary'[/i], but truely attempts to use fantastical things in a legit canon, like a war, I will be at your side, with pitchfork in hand.

Furthermore, due to conflicts of interest, I doubt Lynn would be permitted to rule on his own RPs in a GM capacity.

[quote]Further, addressing something is not the same as correctly arguing against it, and you have failed on all points to convince me that his flaunting of the rules is legitimate.[/quote]

I am not trying to convince you of anything. I am merely discrediting your criticism of Lynneth by showing how silly your arguments are, at least thats better than what you tried to do to Lynneth with that nice homosexual slur bit I put in here. Again, who are you to complain of such a thing when we all know what goes down in #CNRP?

Finally, I was not apologizing to you. I was forgiving you for 'find[ing] [my] ridiculous argument just that: ridiculous'.

Requesting Spy Roll for Liou of Burma to organize the hostile tribes of Western part of East Burma into an anti-government militia.

Here is the reference to the player of the nation declaring these tribes hostile.

[quote name='maddy' date='14 July 2010 - 09:11 PM' timestamp='1279138286' post='2371392']
Posted Today, 02:52 PM
"A lot can change in even a short amount of time. We seem to be finding many... settlements I guess you would call them, along the east border. The only thing we have found in the west are some hostile tribes. We have found ruins in the west though. It was chard like a fire, maybe something happened. We would be interested to see if Cochin knows anything about a fire, Girltopia would love to put it in the native section of our history books."

Whatever you say. Now this is getting off topic.

OOC: Please retain your posts to what this topic is meant for, the defense of Girltopia
[/quote]

[img]http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/5201/girltopiaspyshot.gif[/img]

[quote name='Triyun' date='14 July 2010 - 11:18 PM' timestamp='1279142295' post='2371558']
Requesting Spy Roll for Liou of Burma to organize the hostile tribes of Western part of East Burma into an anti-government militia.

Here is the reference to the player of the nation declaring these tribes hostile.

[img]http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/5201/girltopiaspyshot.gif[/img]
[/quote]
Failure: 1-10
Winnure: 11-100

[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v284/Lynneth_del_Serpentas/AE/Thing280.png[/img]

Due to the success, I'd say Triyun can be successful in arming them against the current government. RPing them is ultimately up to maddy, however, still her citizens.
Other GMs can veto and rule otherwise, as usual.

I would like two rolls, one for the Eggman Empire and one for Scotland. I would like to launch cyberwarfare against both nations, as you can see.

Spy odds against the Eggman Empire:
[img]http://i731.photobucket.com/albums/ww320/LordJedcjt/odds.png[/img]

Spy odds against Scotland:
[img]http://i731.photobucket.com/albums/ww320/LordJedcjt/odds2.png[/img]