An Announcement from OV and GGA

I just find it hilarious you are insulting them with a term your alliance at one point so vehemently denied.

You are right at one time we did try to convince people GGA was not just our colony on green because they wern't, they were more like a small weak child that runs off to befriend the biggest kid in the yard for protection, and as the typical weak child they idolised us and became our biggest groupie, trying to copy us and extort there borrowed power.

Its hard to hate the GGA after thinking of them as one of your closests friends for such a long time but when they spit on us and run into the arms of our enemies while our conflict still goes on, there seems no other emotion available to them.

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are right at one time we did try to convince people GGA was not just our colony on green because they wern't, they were more like a small weak child that runs off to befriend the biggest kid in the yard for protection, and as the typical weak child they idolised us and became our biggest groupie, trying to copy us and extort there borrowed power.

Its hard to hate the GGA after thinking of them as one of your closests friends for such a long time but when they spit on us and run into the arms of our enemies while our conflict still goes on, there seems no other emotion available to them.

Edit: No comment

Edited by mylife125

I love ODPs;

"hey everyone, we just wanted to let you know that we like each other... sometimes, well, at least enough to not shoot at each other, and if they get in trouble, we'll think about helping them"

- - -

that being said, I'll always have a soft spot for OV o/

I love ODPs;

"hey everyone, we just wanted to let you know that we like each other... sometimes, well, at least enough to not shoot at each other, and if they get in trouble, we'll think about helping them"

- - -

that being said, I'll always have a soft spot for OV o/

To be fair this is one situation where an ODP actually makes some sense. I mean, at this point no one would actually trust GGA enough to "go all the way" (and if someone actually did/does and I miss/missed it then well they're obviously not real people and therefore don't count), but for the sake of integrating the green sphere more and all that jazz some sort of diplomatic action needs to be taken to encourage GGA's cooperation.

And that's how treaties are born.

To be fair this is one situation where an ODP actually makes some sense. I mean, at this point no one would actually trust GGA enough to "go all the way" (and if someone actually did/does and I miss/missed it then well they're obviously not real people and therefore don't count), but for the sake of integrating the green sphere more and all that jazz some sort of diplomatic action needs to be taken to encourage GGA's cooperation.

And that's how treaties are born.

I happen to know of someone who wants an MDoAP with them. I found it entertaining more than anything.

Not that it matter's much since I'm no longer affiliated with the GGA, but we were one of the last alliances out, we surrendered to 14(ish) alliances and we managed to run through our entire bank. not to mention the number of nukes/anarchies/surrendered nations we received in the name of defending the NPO.

Your "weak child" analogy kinda makes me happy the GGA did in fact sever ties with the NPO if that's how you view the contributions of your allies, and it only solidifies the rationale that (i assume) went into ending any working relationship with the NPO.

(Since we're trading barbs.... who's entire alliance took their whooping's like a big boy out of peace mode including the banks? oh that's right not the NPO).

Further a split from the NPO was inevitable as both sides had grown tired of the other's shenanigans, I'm not sure where you got your information from but the break was more than mutual on both sides of that fence. There's way more to that whole story than meets the eye. But alas that's another story for another time.

Did I miss something? I seem to recall getting about 25 or so nukes dropped on my nation after we attacked karma. My NS still hasn't recovered from that, and many of my citizens' newborn children have tails that glow in the dark.

I still respect the NPO. But you guys did kinda push your luck, and you're pushing your luck now with your rhetoric. NPO is being punished unfairly by all those anti-bandwagoning bandwagoners, but it doesn't help your position when it's members insult their former allies. After comments such as that, you're the child here.

Did I miss something? I seem to recall getting about 25 or so nukes dropped on my nation after we attacked karma. My NS still hasn't recovered from that, and many of my citizens' newborn children have tails that glow in the dark.

I still respect the NPO. But you guys did kinda push your luck, and you're pushing your luck now with your rhetoric. NPO is being punished unfairly by all those anti-bandwagoning bandwagoners, but it doesn't help your position when it's members insult their former allies. After comments such as that, you're the child here.

Ah yes good point and i missed that as well. I also respect the NPO don't get me wrong. But don't use the "poor NPO" card on the GGA. We got our teeth kicked down our throat and it would seem the new govt. is attempting to right some of the past wrongs. I don't see the harm in that.

Also yay for further stabilization of the Green Sphere. :)

I'll provide the link for those lazy folks.

We fully realize that the GGA has been ridiculed, portrayed as incompetent, unable to do anything without a big protector, evil, even bigger evil and so on.

We also realize that we have little political credit at this time because we were part of the political partnership now referred to as "The Hegemony".

What those who love to taunt/ridicule us are eager to forget is that the process of change was already underway long before the karma war.

We hope that people and alliances who first dismissed us because of our affiliation to certain alliances, now dare take a risk and talk to us to get to know us.

Ordo Verde and MASH both dared to look beyond anti-GGA propaganda and gave us the chance to show them and the rest of planet bob that we're nice guys. Thanks, you won't regret it.

Edited by andre27

I'll provide the link for those lazy folks.

We fully realize that the GGA has been ridiculed, portrayed as incompetent, unable to do anything without a big protector, evil, even bigger evil and so on.

We also realize that we have little political credit at this time because we were part of the political partnership now referred to as "The Hegemony".

What those who love to taunt/ridicule us are eager to forget is that the process of change was already underway long before the karma war.

We hope that people and alliances who first dismissed us because of our affiliation to certain alliances, now dare take a risk and talk to us to get to know us.

Ordo Verde and MASH both dared to look beyond anti-GGA propaganda and gave us the chance to show them and the rest of planet bob that we're nice guys. Thanks, you won't regret it.

I dont see how the phrase "portrayal as incompetent" can be considered anything other than an attempt to smooth over the obvious. Considering that not a month ago you had something of a coup literally just happen, in order to lead to your present situation, saying that the GGA has been on this path for awhile is kind of disingenuous.

Just saying.

I dont see how the phrase "portrayal as incompetent" can be considered anything other than an attempt to smooth over the obvious. Considering that not a month ago you had something of a coup literally just happen, in order to lead to your present situation, saying that the GGA has been on this path for awhile is kind of disingenuous.

Just saying.

This "Coup" as you call it, is prove that the GGA has solid internal procedures. Though i will admit that the current leadership is more committed to change than the previous leadership, the first steps towards turning the alliance in a different direction were already taken before the onset of the karma war.

There is nothing disingenuous about stating the truth that change was already underway.

The change in leadership and karma war just kicked it up into the next gear.

This "Coup" as you call it, is prove that the GGA has solid internal procedures. Though i will admit that the current leadership is more committed to change than the previous leadership, the first steps towards turning the alliance in a different direction were already taken before the onset of the karma war.

There is nothing disingenuous about stating the truth that change was already underway.

The change in leadership and karma war just kicked it up into the next gear.

Well, forgive me for my skepticism of the capacity for GGA's ability to change, considering they were the ones who came up with the idea for the Viridiacide to begin with. When I see a big announcement from GGA with you guys taking credit and apologizing for it, then maybe Ill give that much hyped "reform" some due.

By the way, Typoninja, im frankly shocked that you'd hold such contempt for the rest of the Hegemony over that, but not despise the GGA with at least equal fervor. Why the discrepancy?

Now I wasn't trying to be particularly offensive, I just honestly assumed no one was signing an MDP with GGA right now. Maybe later, but not now. A green alliance signing an ODP makes sense, and I guess the MDP can make sense if you're looking to firmly plant them in your camp while knowing that they aren't in any position to provoke anyone and you are all probably watching over their affairs as closely as they are anyway, so it's unlikely they would make any major, lead-to-war, moves without you clearing it first. But still.

Well, forgive me for my skepticism of the capacity for GGA's ability to change, considering they were the ones who came up with the idea for the Viridiacide to begin with. When I see a big announcement from GGA with you guys taking credit and apologizing for it, then maybe Ill give that much hyped "reform" some due.

By the way, Typoninja, im frankly shocked that you'd hold such contempt for the rest of the Hegemony over that, but not despise the GGA with at least equal fervor. Why the discrepancy?

Hmm Its rather complex, Perhaps even I don't understand my feelings on it I could list factors contributing to how I feel (I was going to) But I finished a short list and I realized while looking at it that while they were good reasons they still didn't feel like how I did.

So in the end, I feel like its worth waiting, seeing what happens. Couldn't explain why, just going with my gut.

Or maybe I'm just an old fart who's stuck in the good old days, who will be very disappointed in a few months time, who knows?