An Announcement from OV and GGA

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well this is certainly interesting to say the least. Looks like GGA is making some smart steps.

Like realizing that we can't protect them anymore, so they're running as fast as they can in the opposite direction, hoping to be embraced by carmuh?

Like realizing that we can't protect them anymore, so they're running as fast as they can in the opposite direction, hoping to be embraced by carmuh?

Oh man, that made me remember that one comment made by a GGA guy, I think he was called Silverpoint or something like that?

So you're disappointed that they've left you after you've treated them like a second class alliance for three years? It must be shocking that they'd do such a thing. Absolutely shocking.

Silverpoint? Really? Silverhawk. :ph34r:

Yeah, that dude. Sorry, it wasn't really all that memorable for me but it was pretty funny. It doesn't really have the same ring to it though when you replace NPO with OV.

and so the New Emerald Order jumps the fence once again, and andre do you really expect anything nice from us towards you and yours after this? come on, you chose your side for better or worse, least you can do now is run with it.

and so the New Emerald Order jumps the fence once again, and andre do you really expect anything nice from us towards you and yours after this? come on, you chose your side for better or worse, least you can do now is run with it.

I just find it hilarious you are insulting them with a term your alliance at one point so vehemently denied.

HAHA Funny...Now back to your regularly scheduled programming....

Edited by mylife125

No, she's right. They've done absolutely nothing, and deserve nothing until they've shown they have.

Bilrow doesn't like the road we're taking. Should be sufficient proof we're heading in the right direction :lol1:

Oh man, that made me remember that one comment made by a GGA guy, I think he was called Silverpoint or something like that?

Don't remind me. Do you know how long i had to flock him to get that nasty misconception out of his head.

The poor fellow still needs pillows when sitting down :P

Bilrow doesn't like the road we're taking. Should be sufficient proof we're heading in the right direction :lol1:

Very true.

In all seriousness though, to the people who have been saying "they have done nothing to show they have changed"...well, cant this in itself be considered something to show that they have changed? First of all, they must have shown quite the change in attitude for OV to sign this treaty. OV holds very few treaties, and the ones that it does have it holds in high regard. Second, while signing this does not denote 100% change, it surely seems to me as something that shows they are embracing the concept and want to be headed in a different direction.

Edited by Il Impero Romano

Very true.

In all seriousness though, to the people who have been saying "they have done nothing to show they have changed"...well, cant this in itself be considered something to show that they have changed? First of all, they must have shown quite the change in attitude for OV to sign this treaty. OV holds very few treaties, and the ones that it does have it holds in high regard. Second, while signing this does not denote 100% change, it surely seems to me as something that shows they are embracing the concept and want to be headed in a different direction.

Nope. I signed a treaty with GGA in a matter of like, 4 or 5 days. Someone said "wanna sign it?" and I was like "... I guess" and in a matter of days it went from a piat to an mdp to an mdoap.

Signing a treaty means nothing, that's not change. Substantial change would be in the form of actual policies, actual efforts to reform your image, and signing a treaty with OV isn't going to do any of that, because they've done nothing to make anyone believe that this isn't some sort of ruse (I'm not saying it is, don't put those words in my mouth), and the drama that surrounds them, constantly, isn't helping anything because they don't know how to handle it.

The best way to reform the image would have been to lay low for awhile, reform internally, make policy changes internally, then announce those changes, and THEN go about seeking treaties.

This proves nothing. They still deserve nothing. They are a joke, and they don't deserve to be called an alliance anymore. The sooner they go away, the better everyone will be.

Nope. I signed a treaty with GGA in a matter of like, 4 or 5 days. Someone said "wanna sign it?" and I was like "... I guess" and in a matter of days it went from a piat to an mdp to an mdoap.

Signing a treaty means nothing, that's not change. Substantial change would be in the form of actual policies, actual efforts to reform your image, and signing a treaty with OV isn't going to do any of that, because they've done nothing to make anyone believe that this isn't some sort of ruse (I'm not saying it is, don't put those words in my mouth), and the drama that surrounds them, constantly, isn't helping anything because they don't know how to handle it.

The best way to reform the image would have been to lay low for awhile, reform internally, make policy changes internally, then announce those changes, and THEN go about seeking treaties.

This proves nothing. They still deserve nothing. They are a joke, and they don't deserve to be called an alliance anymore. The sooner they go away, the better everyone will be.

You can't expect someone to change without giving them the means, if political distance from the NPO is the desired outcome GGA needs to have options other than the NPO for their own security. Shunning them would accomplish nothing while showing a bit of trust has the potential to lead to great changes.

Which treaty was that and when was it signed?

Each of these things we have been doing, quite a few even prior to the Karma war. The only thing is we rarely make announcement about them. Internal reforms are just that, internal reforms. We do not seek attention about these things.

You can't expect someone to change without giving them the means, if political distance from the NPO is the desired outcome GGA needs to have options other than the NPO for their own security. Shunning them would accomplish nothing while showing a bit of trust has the potential to lead to great changes.

Exactly. Having worked with them while they were under terms, we started seeing the beginning of a shift towards a more independent GGA. Thus, our treaty with them to give them the breathing room needed to continue on their course.

You misinterpreted. While signing a treaty of the type that you did may not mean much, I was pointing out the fact that for OV to even sign it there must have been some type of step forward on GGA's part because of the fact that OV would not sign a treaty for no apparent reason.