Announcement From The Echelon

yeah the second one... and well if you ask me scaling down the reps as the war lasts longer is kinda dumb... way to give people the idea that if they fight long enough, they wont have to pay reps and help the winner rebuild... keeping them low enough for a near future attack... thats full of logic isnt it

and im still laughing at the hegemony trying to take the moral high ground here actually, nevermind the other karma alliances, we're all allowed to see kama as we like... be it what goes around comes around (as in smacking the Hegemony as hard as they have smacked other alliances) or whatever some people seem to think karma is or was....

seeing alliances such as NPO, TOOL, IRON running here and screaming how unfair we were to Echelon is laughable and in no way can they claim moral high ground here... its just priceless...

TTK: 5000 Tech

MA: 300 million and 7,500 tech

GOD: 10,000 technology and three jars of jam

Watching the Hegemony try and claim moral high ground: Priceless

I haven't seen IRON nor TOOL saying much of anything in there, and certainly not "screaming how unfair" the Echelon terms were. I don't normally obstruct delusional ranting, but I happen to like both of those alliances. (Further, not even NPO have done much screaming - excepting James Dahl, but I'm pretty sure no one listens to him anyway).

edit: I completely thought this was a different thread, I'm going to just go ahead and assume that this is still accurate for this thread anyway though.

Edited by Heft

• Replies 894
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah the second one... and well if you ask me scaling down the reps as the war lasts longer is kinda dumb... way to give people the idea that if they fight long enough, they wont have to pay reps and help the winner rebuild... keeping them low enough for a near future attack... thats full of logic isnt it

and im still laughing at the hegemony trying to take the moral high ground here actually, nevermind the other karma alliances, we're all allowed to see kama as we like... be it what goes around comes around (as in smacking the Hegemony as hard as they have smacked other alliances) or whatever some people seem to think karma is or was....

seeing alliances such as NPO, TOOL, IRON running here and screaming how unfair we were to Echelon is laughable and in no way can they claim moral high ground here... its just priceless...

TTK: 5000 Tech

MA: 300 million and 7,500 tech

GOD: 10,000 technology and three jars of jam

Watching the Hegemony try and claim moral high ground: Priceless

No wonder there's rumors going around of Karma disavowing you.

Edited by Caffine1

No wonder there's rumors going around of Karma disavowing you.

meh, all pissed because said *expletive deleted* came back to hit YOU in the face Caffine? you got yourself a big mouth, and yes you can probably blame yourself for the terms... or part of em anyway...

Edited by keres666

I haven't seen IRON nor TOOL saying much of anything in there, and certainly not "screaming how unfair" the Echelon terms were. I don't normally obstruct delusional ranting, but I happen to like both of those alliances. (Further, not even NPO have done much screaming - excepting James Dahl, but I'm pretty sure no one listens to him anyway).

edit: I completely thought this was a different thread, I'm going to just go ahead and assume that this is still accurate for this thread anyway though.

Bama = TOOL, no matter what his AA says. :P

That would be a rather poor assumption as IRON has called these terms "sickening" and expressed how they "can't wait for the next big war."

I don't see TOOL as being lumped into the Hegemony. They just happened to have treaties that pulled them into that side of the war. They've generally kept to themselves and been respectful as long as I've observed them working in CN.

We were told thats exactly what would happen for us if we accepted the surrender terms, so I do appreciate that you've proven to us that you can't be trusted to follow through with that.

Thats because the NPO's surrender terms specifically allow for scaling down. Echelons did not. Apples and Oranges. NPO's reps are listed as a possible maximum, Echelons were listed as a definitive figure.

NPO's reps are getting harder to pay the longer it drags out though, since like Echelon the tech can only be payed by those over 1k tech, as time goes on less nations are able to pay.

That would be a rather poor assumption as IRON has called these terms "sickening" and expressed how they "can't wait for the next big war."

NoFish, can you kindly inform where 'can't wait for the next big war' has been flouted around? It seems I have less knowledge of IRON despite being in IRON compared to our you here in GOD. I cannot recall such line or policy anywhere on forums :/.

I demandz access to topp sekretz IRON-GOD Conspiracy channel immediatlaay!!

Edited by shahenshah

-snip-

Edit: Clarification

IRON screaming? Where? where? Also, Priceless joke was extremely funny. It's value hardly erodes despite being so old and overused. You sir are a Pro-Joker. /Respect.

Edited by shahenshah

I'm not fan of harsh terms, never have been. But seeing somebody who perpetuated them get slapped with exactly what they tossed about so freely when the shoe was on the other foot fills me with a sense of deep seated satisfaction.

Unfortunately for Echelon, the universe doesn't operate under the holy principle of "no tag-backs."

Edited by Virillus

We were told thats exactly what would happen for us if we accepted the surrender terms, so I do appreciate that you've proven to us that you can't be trusted to follow through with that.

If I had my druthers both NPO and Echelon wouldn't have been given terms at all, so I don't think you really want to trust me in particular. I don't have any sympathy whatsoever.

NoFish, can you kindly inform where 'can't wait for the next big war' has been flouted around? It seems I have less knowledge of IRON despite being in IRON compared to our you here in GOD. I cannot recall such line or policy anywhere on forums :/.

Sickening

I can't wait till the next large war.

My most sincere apologies, it was "large" not "big," my mistake. I have been thoroughly shamed on my lack of knowledge of IRON by your scathing rhetoric and close reading abilities.

Thread after thread there is a litany of wrongs that the anti-hegemony continue to bring up. Yet, none of these reps are going to the list of wronged alliances; Gato, Fan, NpO, etc. To correct these wrongs continually brought up should not these wronged alliance receive the bulk of the reps.

And since actions speak louder than words you can determine the motivations of those who speak of past wrongs when they are the recipients of cash and tech and the wronged alliances get none.

Thread after thread there is a litany of wrongs that the anti-hegemony continue to bring up. Yet, none of these reps are going to the list of wronged alliances; Gato, Fan, NpO, etc. To correct these wrongs continually brought up should not these wronged alliance receive the bulk of the reps.

And since actions speak louder than words you can determine the motivations of those who speak of past wrongs when they are the recipients of cash and tech and the wronged alliances get none.

Read the OP.

Sure, but if you have no money and bills that are half a mil, how exactly is collecting 0 dollars going to help?

I'm not going to go into the whole politics involved in the surrender, but it wasn't for my sake I'll put it that way.

If you're ZI, yeah it kinda does.

It doesn't get you out of bill lock, but you survive and don't delete.

Take it from someone who was at ZI for more than half the time you have been playing cybernations. It's not only possible, people do it all the time. Don't blame others for your cowardice.

Bay made a comment earlier in this thread.

And has already been explained, it wasn't a threat from IRON (hard to threaten when you have zero military) but more that many people will get a great deal of satisfaction out of watching these alliances, that are destroying this alliance with these harsh terms, getting what is coming to them in the next war. And as anyone who follows CN politics knows, it will happen regardless if IRON plays any role in it.

You still have a chance to break the cycle and make friends out of enemies. These terms will make it so the alliance that goes by the name Echelon will not be a threat to get revenge in the future, but the scattered members, friends and allies will remember these terms and will be a threat. If you were wise, you would see and understand why other alliances haven't asked for reps and understand how much greater of an advantage it has been for them.

I remember back before Darkfall merged having to deal with Echelon diplomatically. I use the term diplomatically since the whole process involved Echelon members and NpO members flooding into our IRC channel to insult our government and our members and threatening to ZI our entire alliance if we didn't ban a member who, I admit foolishly, spoke poorly of them. This resulted in a founding member of our alliance being forced to leave our ranks which eventually led to his quitting of CN.

What goes around comes around.

Harsh terms for no reason. Its completely unfair especially when enemy alliances were rude enough to message me offensive letters even their "reason for war" was soomthing crude and had the humor of a 12 year old boy. I have seen war before but I haven't seen barbarians until this one. I just hope this surrender rings a bell and reminds us that never again must we become as tyrannical as these people.