Poaching from our ranks- NSO

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Attempting to recruit members of an alliance is a breach of that alliance's sovereignty and has been considered such for atleast the last 2 years that I have been a ruler in this world. Suggesting that it is not is essentially what NSO was attempting to do with this act and has admittedly failed horribly at.

Sure, that was the policy of the NPO for the last 2 years that they were the global Hegemony, and I find it encouraging for NPO's cause that you are supporting a very important component to NPO's foreign policy.

The fact of the matter is that these conventions are completely arbitrary and invisible. France invaded Mexico because Mexico had an outstanding debt. Having a few PMs lobbed over to another alliance is only a CB if the alliance decides that it is. No more, no less. There is nothing really inherently wrong with sending recruitment letters to members of other AAs, but you've decided that for some reason to consider it wrong. That's all there is to it.

who said anything about declaring? :o

And really, no offence was ment by that, but please, everyone, look at everything closely before you mention stuff like that.

Edited by jesterxo

Sure, that was the policy of the NPO for the last 2 years that they were the global Hegemony, and I find it encouraging for NPO's cause that you are supporting a very important component to NPO's foreign policy.

Did the NPO ever wage war based on a recruitment CB?

Honestly, I never saw them use one. I'm not sure where this belief that they invented it comes from.

Harmlins have all but stated that they will go to war if TDO does and they bring in some serious firepower as well. TDO looks like they are coming in from the strong side. Weird to see that for a neutral.

Really? All I've seen is some posts by members of MHA and Gramlins that they disagree with this move and have said that there could potentially a be a war via Aqua. I haven't really heard anything saying that their internal official position is leaning towards a war in this circumstance.

So when you all declaring? B)

Funny, this comment is... (OOC: Yes, that was a reference to a certain green guy...)

Picking on the weak isn't a sign of strenght. I hope you feel like it though, because that illusion will shatter as soon as you try to bully the wrong one.

Funny, this comment is... (OOC: Yes, that was a reference to a certain green guy...)

Picking on the weak isn't a sign of strenght. I hope you feel like it though, because that illusion will shatter as soon as you try to bully the wrong one.

The Sith don't pick on the weak we purge the weak from the ranks. Big difference

Honestly, I never saw them use one. I'm not sure where this belief that they invented it comes from.

Yes I believe they have. NpO rolled CIN for recruiting from their ranks, Elysium was notorious for going to war over stray recruitment PM's. Either way, an organized effort to recruit from established alliances, neutral or not, IMO would be a valid cause for war. I am not impressed by NSO's actions in this matter, and I consider myself a friend of NSO.

Having not read the thread but only reading snipits of it, I am surprised that Frostbite is standing by NSO with this.

And I have a question, seriously, why don't people just leave the neutrals alone? If they want to infra farm that's their prerogative.

They are 3 times stronger than us. <_<

WHAT? are you RETARTED? no offence or anything but COME ON, the post and the message were A DAY APART!

Edit: sorry, it just gets me when people are trying to say things that ARN'T true when they don't look at all the facts.

There is nothing wrong at all with succumbing to your passions. Learn to embrace your anger. Only then will you truly be free.

Really? All I've seen is some posts by members of MHA and Gramlins that they disagree with this move and have said that there could potentially a be a war via Aqua. I haven't really heard anything saying that their internal official position is leaning towards a war in this circumstance.

The point is that TDO has friends, whether they are obligated to come to their defense or not.

Maybe an NSO member can field this question as it has been eating at me. If recruiting from neutrals is no big and deal and you want to break free from the mold, be special, etc., then why was an apology given to the GOP? It seems odd that when it comes to the identical situation with TDO that you defend your actions but when approached by the GOP you apologized for your actions. That doesn't all seem to add up for me.

Does someone want to clarify the things above for me?

Hasn't really been answered yet so I figured I'd weigh in a bit. Our messages were targeted at neutrals, so sending it to GOP was an obvious mistake. They have shown strong conservative convictions and passions, and also have VE, GGA, etc. as protectors. So, how can we assault a passionately conservative alliance with a number of treatied protectors for being some wishy washy neutral alliance that stands for nothing? They clearly stand for something and clearly stand with many others, as evidenced by GGA and so on being in all the logs that were dumped. The error was clearly ours in that we simply didn't understand the details of their alliance.

Plus, they handled it admirably over IRC.

Edited by heggo

WHAT? are you RETARTED? no offence or anything but COME ON, the post and the message were A DAY APART!

Edit: sorry, it just gets me when people are trying to say things that ARN'T true when they don't look at all the facts.

Classy. Very classy.

Fear. Fear attracts the fearful. The strong. The weak. The innocent. The corrupt. Fear. Fear is my ally

They are 3 times stronger than us. <_<

I'll quote GtG's post, since he covered that point already:

I fail to see what Ivan not being on line has to do with any of this. Members of NSO government that were online handled the GOP situation all on their own. This thread was made in response to NSO dealing with the GOP situation but ignoring TDO's. That probably has nothing to do with the fact that TDO has no allies whereas GOP is linked to SuperFriends, though. None at all.

You can't claim they didn't go through the appropriate back channels when they went through the same channels as GOP. Then again, you guys told them those channels won't work for them for some mysterious reason and that they'll need to go through Ivan who is a lot harder to reach by the sound of it. Actually, you're right, you didn't disrespectfully toss them around back and forth at all. This thread is an outrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrage!

It's that obvious, I can only laugh at your denial.

But hey, you're having fun right? :P

I believe that there were a few ZIs for people who did, but never an official CB. NPO's doctrine is all about "sovereignty", and any argument in favor of recruiting as a CB would almost solely be based on those grounds.

I have a real-world scenario. Would it be wrong for South Koreans to ask North Koreans citizens that they have an invitation to their country? What if the US invited people from Canada to live here and become citizens? Should Canada or North Korea attack other countries who intend to recruit their citizens to emigrate to their countries?

Or you know, Ivan was not on yesterday. TDO contacted lower government, then was in a discussion with GPA, GOP, and UJA along with dark council. Heft said the best way to contact ivan would be through pm. This was most likely a mistake on Heft's part as he didn't clarify, or maybe realize Ivan doesn't check his in game pms. Heft should have clarified that he meant a forum pm. Mistake, oh well. TDO did not try to contact Ivan until after this thread was made to smear us. THEN they sent a pm. Not before.

From the OP:

It has been confirmed by NSO that it was approved by their 2nd in command, Doppleganger, and that this was a premeditated and government approved act of war against our alliances. We have attempted to take a diplomatic approach through back channels and have been met with hostility and disrespect.

We find these actions tasteless and we demand an official apology from Ivan Moldavi, Doppleganger, and Viktor. We understand that things have been resolved with Green Old Party, but no show of remorse was given toward TDO from NSO considering their actions toward us. We would like to be shown the same respect.

From what I'm reading here, conversations between NSO and the offended parties were pretty well advanced by 2:00 am. You say Ivan was oblivious to it all and TDO didn't even send a PM to Ivan until after this point. TDO could of course confirm this one way or the other.

Be that as it may, let's say that your recounting of the events is 100% true. You do understand that doesn't make NSO look any better, right? It also doesn't make TDO look worse.

I just hope whatever new members you get out of all this are worth the absolute Charles Foxtrot NSO has made of their public relations the next couple of days...47 pages on a holiday weekend? I think you've broken the official record held by Polaris and the "coup that wasn't a coup" set just this time last year. :rolleyes: