War in East Africa

SpacingOutMan

ooc: The problem is every single soldier coming ashore is in a vehicle until they are disabled. Ground wires wouldn't be a threat to them. Vehicles also have metal frames which ground electrocution. Besides.. once the first few soldiers died a tank would start cutting the lines. Good for probably a few footsoldiers who lost their mounts getting fried while trying to get to cover. I'm going to estimate you've killed 20 of them this way.

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OOC: No, I get the heck out of the pool during a lightening storm, it's the same reason why a lightening strike not even close to you can travel through the water pipes or electrical wire and fry you over the phone or in the shower. And these have a heck of a lot of juice if you check out the images. The ocean IS the ground here and the current will travel through it and not fly off into the soil below (as it already has a nice conductor for miles and miles).

I don't see only twenty guys dying from electric shock with an essential high-voltage power line going across the region, you didn't disembark 20 you disembarked the whole lot to the waters.

OOC: An ocean has MUCH higher volume that regular swimming pools, which means that it can absorb more electricity before reaching lethal level.

ooc: And again, the only reason you killed the 20, they had their vehicles disabled coming ashore and happened to be unfortunate enough to be within a few feet of the cable if not step directly on it when they walked. Your not considering that vehicles ground currents also. Your other problem is basically you're saying you have an unshielded power cable in the ocean. The wire would immediately ground out at the point that it is first exposed to the ocean water. That means you only have one or two spherical radii of 10-20 feet where lethality would occur, not along the entire length of the wire.

The problem is with your cable as it is under water and directly grounds on exposure to open water. The current would broadcast around the contact point with the ocean for 10-20 feet making for a bit of a lethality. But you're talking about a 1 mile long beach head and people with the practical sense to see where folks are dieing and to cut cables as needed.

Edited by Maelstrom Vortex

OOC: No, I get the heck out of the pool during a lightening storm, it's the same reason why a lightening strike not even close to you can travel through the water pipes or electrical wire and fry you over the phone or in the shower. And these have a heck of a lot of juice if you check out the images. The ocean IS the ground here and the current will travel through it and not fly off into the soil below (as it already has a nice conductor for miles and miles).

I don't see only twenty guys dying from electric shock with an essential high-voltage power line going across the region, you didn't disembark 20 you disembarked the whole lot to the waters.

OOC: Look. If you are putting one potential source in the water, it becomes a charge carrier, and hence gains a voltage. It will be a very small voltage. However, if the men are not forming a conductive path between something at a lower voltage, ie floating or inside a vehicle, they will not have current pass through them. This is due to the fact that both sides of the resistor are at the same voltage, and hence no current.

But anyway, since the medium you are in is a good conductor (seawater) a simple current divider analysis will show that the majority of your current will by pass any man in the water, even if he is standing on the sea bed, as since sea water has a resistance of about 0.2 ohms per meter, and the human body has a resistance of ~700 ohms, then we can safely say that only 1 3500th of the current will pass through the person. Then gets even better, as since seawater has such a low resistance, it will ground out to the sea bed with ease, through the closest route to ground, ie, a straight line from the end of the cable to the seabed. This stops sea water acting as a charge carrier.

This gets to the final point which is, if you have two potential sources in the water, one positive and the other negative, then they will simply discharge between each other, pretty much draining your entire energy supply from the capacitors in a matter of seconds (t= RC)

In summary, electro shock weapons based on the capacitive electrification of a conductive ground contact medium are not viable.

Edited by LeVentNoir

ooc: The Submarine are cargo transport ships. If you had my post in detail you would read that these cargo ships have Sea Tyrant MBTS and Water Dog amphibious assault ships on board. These forces have deployed underwater and every soldier is in an amphibious vehicle until they hit the beach or the vehicle is disabled. It was clearly stated in my invasion post. Divers are in the sub to assist vehicles in exiting the submarine in the event they experience mechanical difficulties or get stuck. The subs are cannon, if you ignore them, you are still subject to invasion. BTW, the U.S. actually had plans for these types of submarines.. mostly for transporting oil to Alaska in the event of a hot war with the USSR. You can even google transport submarine and get results.

I guess the picture of the Sea Tyrant MBT didn't clue you in that the soldiers were coming on the shore in Vehicles. I am sorry. I have no idea how this was missed. Perhaps you need to go re-read the invasion post? Do some research about how much content you can fit in a super tanker. That's how big the subs are, that is how much they can contain. What I've noted is easily within their limits. It's the same way Toyota transports some Cars to the U.S. and China. I have large quantities of vehicles for hauling them on shore because I can have up to 3000 tanks and even more unspecified armored support vehicles per my stored stats. Additionally when Dragonisia was stuck in Tasmania as an oceanic empire it focused its effort and research on developing a highly mobile amphibious assault military because they knew it was the only way they'd be successful in the war. What you are witnessing is the results of that planning and efforts based on years of experience with similar operations.

As to your logic about your under-water high voltage defense. If the wire is a better conductor than the water, the electricity would not flow through the water resulting in no-threat to the soldiers coming ashore. You have a choice. Your Wire is a better conductor than water.. which results in it carrying the current.. preventing it from proliferating.. thus rendering it ineffective. Or your wire is not a better conductor than water and at the key points of entry where the cable first enters the ocean the current is discharged into the surrounding environment for a lethality radius of up to 20 feet. That is what physics allows.

Don't feel bad if this surprises you. Very few people in CNRP have ever, to my knowledge, planned for the types of invasions I stage unless they are very familiar with my historic RP and the contents of my fact book.. which many overlook.

And Mr. Engineer LVN has trumped me on the Physics. I'm a finance pro, not a scientist though I know some. Thank you.

Zarfef, your missiles are doing damage. THey're practical, they work. But your Air Force is being harrassed by many many many fighter aircraft so it's making it difficult for them to do their jobs.

ic: The 4th Amphibious Infantry division supported by the Sea Tyrant Battalions had dropped 5 % in strength, they were leading the charge for the shore. It was a cratered mess and bodies were everywhere. It would be well worth it however when the authoritarians were ousted from Arabia.

IC: Everything, everything was failing, the stupid systems weren't working... they were only the work of some dumb supposed kid-genius anyways... what the heck was Ziggy thinking, how could everything fail like this... the only good weapons he seemed to have so far were the War Tzars... those would have to be the basis for defense... With his tanks thinned and forces spear-heading a strong battle to the North no allies in sight. Von Zuk decided to order full defensive measures for the north ground forces forgetting the skies...

From the mountains in the south, constantly moving, the tanks switched to full artillery using Aether underground energy systems not visible from the surface... The crews were getting better at flipping and they fired non-stop round after round as quickly as they were online on the foreign shores as directed by crews on the other side... Enemy 16 inch bombardments there were causing their own havoc on Aether Forces tearing apart one entrenchment after another. The fewer tanks in the region prepared for full ground attack and the soldiers pushed into the enemy taking up the hills as defenses and firing flares to light up the main areas of assault... morning was approaching and so they used the darkness to stay to the rocks and fire missile launches on the enemy tanks. They moved in just like the forward forces attacking Somal... but this time they were on home turf... As the tanks approached any "nests" they would open fire with front troops providing cover fire and sweeping at any ground units and reserve units firing rockets at the tanks. The entire region was in non-stop chaos, which was hardly the long fought out campaign that Aether had originally planned.

Their ranks were being thinned in the north in rapid fire, and the reserve backup anti-air units were ordered to retreat to Raochin territory and abandon arms seeing as there was no use for them in the current campaign. The battle had proceeded into mainland Aether Northern Territory and General Von Zuk had his work cut out for him to even make a proper counter attack with this. But the most he could do was note that the enemy was making their way into deep mountainous mined territory with thousands of enemy troops in defense a southern artillery on call and a lot of good ground work preparation. If they kept to their camo nets and stayed hidden they could turn it into a series of hundreds of ambushes and deaths from remote IEDs mines and badly approached nests of soldiers. Tank in that region were also to fall back and from the cover of camo nets provide discreet artillery support... As enemy were found they were to be destroyed... If the battle were to continue at this failing rate the north would quickly fall and support would aim for the south. Already he was reduced to only 150 tanks and most of his forces remained in ground troops... the cruise missiles had only stifled the enemy back slightly... which was odd in it's own right... but that mattered little, only the present battle was to be focussed on.

Von Zuk then ordered final preperations... the lair was to be abandoned and hidden from a misplaced landslide. The inside rigged that if any were to enter all data would be completely destroyed all files burned. It was to be thoroughly booby trapped. Battle command was then to be transferred to the Nation of Nod where he would have to go now... this was it... it was over before it began, but the world was sent a clear and present message at least from their previous air-strikes, that Aether was not to be handled easily. From the south he planned to continue strategizing the assaults against the enemy forces with the remaining units in play... Aether to the north world do it's best to hold off the Dragon Empire. Without Raochin to fully back them up, the attack was a failure.

At that thought Von Zuk smashed the table... his silence speaking volumes and left with his troops having their final orders. To the north though, the main players were already leaving.

Smoke and flames filled the chaotic and desperate airs now of the Aether "Empire" the latter part would have to wait till another day.

Edited by Zarfef

ooc: Trust me buddy. I know what giving it all for your allies means. I'm a pothole IC. I'm running on saved stats.. I ever re-roll and I'm a pothole too.. lol. Kudos to you to being a noble warrior.

ic:

The assault pressed hard. Their ground commander was as hungry as Patton after being denied his command for 2 years.. (ooc: not that Patton existed in CNRP, it's just an analogy.. don't freak out.). They began occupation of a town called Aslyah. It had been selected as an organization point due to its easy access to nearby highways. The artillery fire was becoming a living hell. Air strikes were called in from Leviathan Bombers with stand-off range ASM missiles based on telemetry data of recorded incoming artillery shells detected by small radars on the tanks. As they pushed ashore, cargo transports off shore came forward into the cleared beach head and began to unload support units.. including MRLS missile batteries.. which began to fire on the offending artillery positions also.

Several Mine Clearing Vehicles lead the tanks down the road with mechanized infantry in the rear. First division branched west. The second went north east. The fourth headed straight inland. They spearheaded the 3 direction thrust of the invasion force away from the shoreline. 4 divisions followed each of the spearheads.

OOC: GUYS. TAKE THE OOC TO ANOTHER THREAD FOR CHRIST'S SAKE. I left this morning with 3 pages, and it has doubled mostly with OOC. God damn please don't clutter what is supposed to be a war thread with debating chatter over how you can fry a chicken in electrified water... jeesh.

IC: Infantry, having advanced very close to Nodic lines, have begun artillery shelling of Nodic forces with no response as of yet... [OOC: Need casualty reports from EM for both the aerial bombings and artillery shellings]

Task Force Hammerhead

The First Light Infantry Brigade and the Second Light Infantry Brigade are pushed forward to replace the front line elements of the 1st through 3rd Armored Divisions. A rotation of forces is being made for construct a mass in place elsewhere for a particularly special operation. The armored main trickles back to Somal at high speed to their new points of departure as they were already being held well in the rear for possible exploitation operations. While the 1st and the 2nd Armored depart the Third Armored remains as their tanks work their way forward to support operations in teams of two. They simply keep their distance and rely on their main guns to do the heavy lifting for the time being.

Light Infantry operations commence immediately as the men of the 1st and 2nd Light Infantry Brigades are moving forward from their positions to the last reported locations of Aether and NOD forces. Being well informed by satellite telemetry and data provided by drones from the Kingdom of Cochin they utilize pin point time on targets of massed Self Propelled Howitzers, which use the shoot and scoot doctrine, on enemy strong points that appear to have been built on the hilltops. Towed Artillery is widely distributed to the rear and used sparingly for the time being. Once fired it is difficult to move it quickly to avoid counter-battery fire, but should it be needed the divisional reserves is in place.

Piranha helicopters fly in in pairs to add their weight of fire as they scream in at tree top levels to aid in their shock. Their advanced design and reduced radar cross section make them hard to detect, but not impossible either. The Piranhas are followed from the rear by the coming of two more light infantry brigades and a reserve heavy infantry brigade. These units coming from different sources in Somal will be arriving in the next day or so to add their weight to the fight. A fight better suited to infantry in the hills of Africa rather than massed armored assaults.

For now the artillery of the the divisions will be remaining to ply their deadly trade, along with the a Mechanized Infantry Regiment being held in reserve, and a formidable component of A/A Vehicles.

Task Force Raptor

The men of the Fourth Armored Division lie in wait along the coastal regions of Somal. The flat terrain much more conducive for armored operations is being extensively studied for signs of the enemy. Satellite photos, drones, and other resources are put to work sniffing out enemy locations. The departure of the 5th and 6th Light Infantry Brigades passes without comment as the men of Task Force Raptor are well aware that their fight up in the mountains will be a bloody one.

Special Operations groups are already forward looking and mapping as well.

Somal Air Force

Turn around times are quick as the men refuel and rearm the Mig-35 Fighters. The pilots don't even leave their $@pits as they wait and it isn't long before they hurtle to the sky again. Once airborne they fly at insanely low levels across Somal and promptly land at their secondary fields. The Mig-35 fighters being a warplane capable of landing on rough strips proves its worth as the mainstay of the fighter strength for the Republic of Free Somal Air Force is redistributed to remote locations across Somal to provide better defensive coverage and to prepare itself for the coming offensive.

Once on the ground the planes are placed in revetments made of sandbags and widely distributed across the fields. Around them soldiers of the inactive reserve dig foxholes, bunkers, string wire, and lay mines as part of their security duties. Anti-Aircraft weapons are positioned as well, which include stationary weapons and specialized mobile air defense platforms. Other issues of security are addressed by the arrival of Bionix 2 APCs carrying a squads of regular infantry to act as reaction forces with the APCs 20 mm turret mounted cannon in support.

The HALOB bombers, while bloodied, aren't defeated as of yet. With the departure of the fighters they are widely distributed across their own airfield as well. The enemy's willingness to use cruise missiles is already know with the launching of their two flying dodo missiles that didn't seem to do much. Either way taking precautions wouldn't hurt anything or more importantly anyone.

M'Bossa

***Private***

To: Commanders of the 9th, 10th, and 11th Light Infantry Brigades

Amphibious operations postponed, deploy north and operate with Task Force Hammerhead.

***Private Request to Dragon Empire***

Stocks of HARM missiles requested to carry the fight to Aether Empire.

Edited by Firestorm

Northern Aether Empire

It was 8:00 in the morning. 8:00 in the morning meant that bloody sun should be shining down giving him hell on a light beam. But man did private Al Lyan ever wish for the sun today. The sky was black, except the horizon which flickered with a sickening thunderings of artillery, rocket strikes, gun fire... any thing that kills or maims creation. About now, he wanted to divert his attention to prayer more then ever, Allah seemed to be the only one have a chance in this Hell hole of getting him out alive... The infidels were on his turf though, and he couldn't let the chance slip him by... well... he was ordered to sit in a stupid sandbag bunker... so that wouldn't be too difficult, you had to look for enemy soldiers to stave yourself off from boredom. He noticed a movement out of the corner of his eye and quickly stumbled over grabbing his gun letting his eyes adjust in the smoke filled sand trap.

He lowered his weapon... another blasted goat. How many of those things were around here anyways? Would they survive the destruction of the world? Allah might role the skies up like a map but there would still be goats left to bah and smack horns in the desserts! Look at it jump around, it seemed to completely ignore that there was a war in the region all together. Sigh, for a moment he could lean back and breath, for moment he said a silent thoughtless prayer, for a moment his eyes would live and he would be forced to witness destruction. The steadfast dirt-beaten faces of his allies... no, his brothers staring out miserable to be alive in this place. But only for a moment more...

The snap wiz of dirt ballooning into the air dropped his balance and the private hit the dirt, flinching... the world around him flashed and explosions hit from the vector he was placed to watch... did they sneak by? How where?

"Infidels they came to the- "

He couldn't hear his voice, nor could he even hear himself scream... Something, artillery? Tank fire? Something had hit just to his west and left a bloody crater where multiple land emplacements had been. A dull pain ringed his head and his hand instinctively licked it's wound with a return of thin blood, his helmet that he despised all this time being at least of some use... but to what? A silent film of red mixing with brown beneath the monotone black coal-dripping skies? The vintages of imaginations worst materializing to reality?

A sadness would have filled him and dropped him to the floor if it were not for rage, and this was the worse off as one surviving "brother" lay begging for the medical supplies still present. His screams muffled by the blast that left the last remaining of them deaf would now leave him to die the tormets of war till death due him his leave of the world. Picking up the heavy rifle, that private, that nameless brave private stood on one knee, enemy forces now clearing the corner and prepared to run with full brevity and fire.

He pushed up as their bullets seeped into the air around him and moved the gun to his shoulder to make a final stand...

But gravity would win as he found nothing to stand upon... whatever had hit would bring him down from his rise of grace without a left foot and he hit the ground his screams returning to his ringing ears from the inside if not the out. The rage swelled and he now looked over the sand piles a different man, a moment had changed him and the creature no longer feared the failure of his post or the destruction to follow... As he sat back using his tailbone and an ammo box for support, he leaned into the trigger. He was going to start by taking out that damn goat. The gun pushed back harder and harder as he sprayed it like a playful child with a water hose, a bullet snatching his helmet as forfeit and dragging it to the ground.

Another bullet would have hit dead in the foot... but he now lacked it so he smiled and used the twisted thought to fuel the pulling of the trigger that sturdy ammo box giving him his last salute, the rat-a-tat-tat of gunfire the drums of his unmarked grave. They came, they fell and came again taking every stupid rock they had failed to remove for their lack of fore-thought to their advantage...

But then, there is a season for all things, for guns firing off and guns running out of ammo and so silence refilled the air from one end and a wall of sound came from the other... The private, Al Lyan, slumped to the ground, a strangled smile from the insanity of it all carved on his face.

The soldiers moved in and fired a few more shots into the dead soldier, no one to count a few more against their favor and nodded to each other. The darned man had wiped out six guys from this stupid nest as either wounded or dead (time had not given them the favor to know, many before they had themselves perished). There was no chance to say goodbye in war, and as the screams of "brother" rang off their last rants there was only the dead vision of destruction, like the un-pinned hand grenades pulled out in final retribution, the flash of light... Only goats whose herd arrived shortly after to sniff and bah farewell, had the luxury of goodbye.

Still, the smoke fueled over the land. Still many men were dead. Still, who would save more memory in the conflict the many men who died at this place fighting for ideas that they did not truly understand? Or the single goat? But only men aspire to the heavens, and only men do battle thinking that in death they will gain immortatility.

Edited by Zarfef

Evacuation

Were Aether Forces on the run? Perhaps, or least that was the case in many places to the north. The intense fighting and defeat of Aether Naval superiority quickly meant something horrific. Forces would have roughly 1 weeks worth of ammo and they were already going through it in less then a day. This type of incredible intense fighting, the incredible strength and will of the DE's forces... It was not within the textbooks of Aether Military strategy yet. The ragtag group had been the king of the mountain as it's trollish feet crumpled smaller nations in it's dance for tech that had rose it to power. As a result, forces on the front lines which had spent their ammo fighting the enemy were told to seek more resources to north. If no units were encountered to reinforce their arms, they were too fall back from combat operations in the region completely into Raochin territory to regroup. There was a note to in the words though of Von Zuk as he stated this, an unspoken phrase.

"live and leave"

Without ammo a battle charge wouldn't even be poetic against these forces. They were not so thin in their methods as to fall at a bayonet. The soldiers here would be relieved of their duty and allowed to integrate north as citizens, leaving and burning their Aether uniforms behind them. For the time being, refugees in Raochin would serve the alliance more then unmarked graves. If Von Zuk was a bold general, a general that enjoyed his grease... he was not a general without a heart.

Worse yet, the loss of that port would mean the loss of supplies within the soon land-locked Nation of Nod. By now the only reason to hold the Aether Empire was to slow down the enemy advance and use their strategic positions to pose a last ditch movement to the south. Aether was moving supplies factory equipment to the south via transport along with civilians in an effort to safe-guard the people and infrastructure for the attack that was to happen there shortly. Medical supplies from the clinics and hospitals was also moved south and work was being done to construct within the mountains there new facilities for production, closer to the front lines and deeper in allied territory. When evacuations were complete and things seemed bleak for the defense force on the north, they were to pull back and hold a line with Nod troops to the south of the Aether Empire... the troops that got this whole thing started to begin with.

Von Zak, now fifty miles south of his Empire, wondered if they had made the right decisions but his pondering couldn't help but be interrupted by the need of the now. The attack from the North would be repeated and next time it would happen on his ground troops to the south with artillery from the north... Otherwise forces would be mobilized to Somal and sent to back up their invasion units... Either way, given their success in the north and the defeat of their units near Somal previous... they would return, blowing up more War Tzars and grabbing as much as they could from the battle. The forces were completely organized, but he had to try something new to win... or maybe... not so new.

He had recently done some research on his loss to the north, HARM missiles were the reason for his heavy losses. The lost the air-war and that was why they lost the ground war... along with the failure of the naval defense units as well. Overall, they were too sure that they could repeat the amazing defense they had achieved in the south against an enemy with obviously advanced fighter planes that could not be taken out with such strategy. More cunning was necessary, they had to be caught off their guard. To do that, they had to think that Aether had given up on it's air-capaign.

The only way to do this, was to place the air-defenses WELL behind the enemy strike range and below their realm of potential fire just after a run. They would have to play cat-and-mouse with the Dragon, UMS and Somal Empires. But cats always won if the mouse were stuck on a table-top... he needed a mousehole to return too. Thus, the best way to perform these operations was to run non-continuous high-powered RADAR scans WITHIN the central Nod territory that their forces were being pushed back to. The RADAR systems would rise above ground allowing full War Tzar anti-air support to strike down any enemy air-planes during a raid but then go deep underground as the enemy came in to wipe them out. Only Nod had the ability to allow him to do this with their tunnel networks. In the meantime, given an open cover over all time slots, Aether Forces could provide round-the clock anti-air shots. Force from the north would be pulled back behind Nod lines by taking a route to the city and these could be used to provide fire-support on the western front... Then all three fronts could continue.

Without air support, ground would support would continue at a far stronger pace. Their forces would be too far inland for the enemy to take their vengence on with naval artillery and cruise missiles would be costly and expensive. With a defensive war... even then it looked bad, but it wasn't as bad as before. Anyways, he sat back and missed the gleeful cheers of his fans as military trucks scurried by his jeep. He picked up the Radio and had an encrypted static-image message sent to the south where it was decoded and given to the the Executive Minister. It outlined current Aether losses, the attack of the Dragon Empire everything. It also asked for suggestions on the current military defense of the Nation of Nod and provided the suggestion of how anti-air could be re-established.

If they could re-establish and bring the war to a standstill in the south, International pressure would rise given the constant battles didn't look good and even if the Aether Empire lost the "War" their status as a long time fighter would remain and would continue to gain influence in the region, posing potentially nasty results for the future of the nations attacking. Even after the anti-air attacks... growth, the recruitment of young men to the ranks of Aether and the hope of seeing such an amazing victory again... would swell those who were allied to them in their hearts even if under a foreign banner for the time being. The war would be lost, but victory...

Von Zak: I always have victory.

Edited by Zarfef

M'Bossa

Sally, the precocious ten year old, runs into her mother's kitchen and promptly vomits all over the place. Her mother panics and rushes her daughter to the hospital like any good mother would. Upon arrival she finds it crowded to capacity with hundreds of vomiting and sick people. Doctors run this way and that in a state of total confusion attempting to bring relief to the sick mob.

Sally's mother asks a doctor, "What is happening?"

"Not sure, we think its an epidemic of some sorts," replies the doctor.

Message to all Republic of Free Somal Forces

Return to your borders and take up defensive positions until further notice. It appears we are in the midst of a major epidemic and our concerns need to focus inwards for a time. Do not let anyone in or out at this time until we determine the cause of the epidemic.

Task Force Hammerhead

The guns fall silent as the Somal soldiers receive their orders to withdrawal. They aren't happy about being called back, but they are even far more worried about the news of a major epidemic breaking out inside of Somal. They fall back carefully using their standard light infantry tactics of leap frogging each other to cover each others withdrawal. Once across the border they take up defensive positions and lie in wait to see what happens next.

Task Force Raptor

The massed might of four armored divisions is told to stand down for the time being. Internal concerns of the reports of an epidemic have taken precedence. Their faces are etched with worry at the reports of their loved ones falling ill with an unknown malady. For now they'll hold their positions and wait for orders.

M'Bossa Constabulary Headquarters

"You've got to be kidding me," says the investigagot.

"Nope, apparently he didn't notice the security camera. He managed to get all the others, but not that one and we have him on camera dumping some sort of substance into our water purification plant," the other remarks.

"What do the Microbiologists at the University of M'Bossa say about all of this," asks the other?

"They think whatever it is mutated and that explains why it took so long to act."

"What is the potential for loss of life?"

"Could be a few hundred, could be thousands."

Government of Free Somal Announcement

We'd like to continue the fighting, we really would, but at this time we've been forced to return to our home country due to what appears to be an epidemic. At this time we will consider a ceasefire in place and all offensive operations will be halted. Should we be free of this epidemic we will return to the fighting. However, should Aether Empire and NOD return to their original borders we will have no reason to carry on with our part in the war.

Likewise, their is now a full quarantine in place for all of the Republic of Free Somal until we can identify the exact nature of this epidemic. We do believe that it was a virus that has mutated due to the chemical composition of our water purification facilities. Such mutations in the face of a harsh Darwinian environment isn't all surprising, but it is none the less troublesome.

***Private to Kingdom of Cochin***

We believe we have suffered a biological attack. Do not allow anyone in or out of Bossaso until further notice. I repeat, do not allow anyone in or out.

***Private to Promised Land***

Funny, really funny, however, not that funny when a security camera caught one of your agents in the act. Withdrawal them now and pray that whatever it is you introduced into our water supply doesn't kill anyone. If it should, we'll expect immediate reparations and compensation for the loss of life.

You have 24 hours to extract your agents via airplane from M'Bossa Airport.

Edited by Firestorm

The Dragon Empire.. which had been on a relentless and unforgiving march up the Arabian Peninsula halted a quarter of the way in. An eerie peace settled over the front. An empty artillery shell landed in an HQ camp of their armed resistance. It did not explode.. but when it landed.. popped out a letter.

Surrender unconditionally. We will give your men food, water, shelter, medical care. You will be treated with the dignity as soldiers that you deserve and we'll talk this situation out. However, you can no longer support Nod in their war against Mechadamia. You have 24 hours to make your response. The timer starts now. We expect you to likewise observe this ceasefire.

You may send a delegation, unarmed, white band around the left shoulder to our camp for talks. They will need to speak to General James Russert. Ceasefire time may be extended as needed to resume talks. You will halt all current operations against Somal and inform them of these negotiations and we will send a confirmation they are occurring. Your actions will speak louder than words. We await to see if you will send a delegation.

The presence of negotiations capable ground commanders are requested at the following co-ordinates. Please arrive by helicopter soon.

-General James Russert

Army Chief of Staff

The Dragon Empire

***Private to Promised Land***

Funny, really funny, however, not that funny when a security camera caught one of your agents in the act. Withdrawal them now and pray that whatever it is you introduced into our water supply doesn't kill anyone. If it should, we'll expect immediate reparations and compensation for the loss of life.

You have 24 hours to extract your agents via airplane from M'Bossa Airport.

OOC: ***This entire post is Classified***

IC:

To Somal

What do you mean, one of our agents? I gave no order for any such attack.

Nevertheless, as you wish, we will withdraw them.

~General Davies

To Operatives

Code is transmitted for recall.

Conversation Between Davies and Orlov

General Davies--"What the hell happened? It wasn't supposed to kill anyone, just make them sick enough to break off the attack!" The man was visibly red in the face as he glared at his chief of Intelligence, General Orlov

Orlov--refuses to meet Davies's eyes. "I don't understand. Somehow certain conditions must have been unanticipated." The reason he refused to meet his superior's eyes was not for any feelings of guilt, but to hide a smile.

Davies.--"One more blunder like this and you can consider yourself removed from your post and stripped of your rank! Dismissed"

Orlov--"Yes sir." He snaps off a quick salute, and immediately does an about-face to exit the office.

Edited by Subtleknifewielder