War in East Africa

SpacingOutMan

General Von Zepplin stares at the TV screen... a major armegeddon style battle and he was going to have to sit it out... They could completely crumple the enemy on the other front now but... Some things still were in order.

Von Zepplin: Sig* Contact Zarfef, I need a declaration of our position...

INTERNATIONAL MESSAGE FROM THE AETHER EMPIRE

Zarfef: Man is a creature of destruction, of evil. I have known this and taken it upon myself to seek The Good my entire life, that is the nature of what is best for a man and hence, I have sought to do what is best of my nature. To seek evil as Ziggy has so notoriously pointed out. That stated, I have the desire at the present time to do evil against disease and it seems that our combatants to the east must forfeit for the time being given that other things within the world have come down. To say the least, this must be how the Martians felt in War of the Worlds. That stated, these are people and not martians and we pledged that we would NOT use chemical weapons on their cities, so I see no reason to allow Mother Nature to do so.

Zarfef: We, the Aether Empire... having so many other wars on our hands at the moment that one more couldn't hurt. HEREBY CONDEMN AND DECLARE WAR ON THE ENTIRE EARTH! Not the nations thereof, but the planet itself for it's attrocious and dispicable acts of war-crimes against human beings. It should destroyed as soon as we find the means to live else where.

Zarfef: We agree to halt our military agression against Somal even though now would be a great time for a full force blitz... We are also not done with YOU Dragon Empire. But in the meantime I declare the Southern Aether Empire (The north is a mess so it doesn't matter anyways) as a DMZ and all hospitals currently up and running their and medical facilities are open to Somal medical doctors... no. Medical doctors from around the world! Along with supplies to deal with this joint threat of Mother Earth. What a Mother - She is! I ask that the Heseanic Empire and their White Cross to intervene in Somal but due to religeous tensions we'd like them to change their symbol to a white cresent while in Muslim neighborhoods... eh, it just works better around here don't ask me why. As of now... we are calling a cease fire on our western front... We also (in as much as we hate to do this) providing access to our secret lair within the Aether Empire, it contains more first-world research type segments then any place in the rest of the country because it's really the ONLY place you'll find that kind of technology brought from afar. It would prove to be an excellent location for you to start a field base for researching and curing this disease ASAP. Ziggy will provide coordinates and the access codes and... well I'll have henchmen kill the explosive, fire and booby-trap systems... Stay out of the basement though... bad things happen to those that go in the basement... There's nothing really down there, but every spy that comes into the place sees the DO NOT ENTER sign and just has to enter... so we made it the entrance to an 1000 foot drop of death. Yeah... good memories.

UMS! If you want to still battle with me, put 'em up you scoundrels! We still stand by the Nation of Nod and now that our nothern side of our nation is in rubble you can cut that silliness about us being African Colonialists! Your friends are sick but I think you can come handle us! We'll play with them when they get better if they still want, but in the mean time stick 'em up or pull 'em out! We're coming for you!

Edited by Zarfef

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Zarfef: We agree to halt our military agression against Somal even though now would be a great time for a full force blitz... We are also not done with YOU Dragon Empire. But in the meantime I declare the Southern Aether Empire (The north is a mess so it doesn't matter anyways) as a DMZ and all hospitals currently up and running their and medical facilities are open to Somal medical doctors... no. Medical doctors from around the world! Along with supplies to deal with this joint threat of Mother Earth. What Mother - She is! I ask that the Heseanic Empire and their White Cross to intervene in Somal but due to religeous tensions we'd like them to change their symbol to a white cresent while in Muslim neighborhoods... eh, it just works better around here don't ask me why. As of now... we are calling a cease fire on our western front... We also (in as much as we hate to do this) providing access to our secret lair within the Aether Empire, it contains more first-world research type segments then any place in the rest of the country because it's really the ONLY place you'll find that kind of technology brought from afar. It would prove to be an excellent location for you to start a field base for researching and curing this disease ASAP. Ziggy will provide coordinates and the access codes and... well I'll have henchmen kill the explosive, fire and booby-trap systems... Stay out of the basement though... bad things happen to those that go in the basement... There's nothing really down there, but every spy that comes into the place sees the DO NOT ENTER sign and just has to enter... so we made it the entrance to an 1000 foot drop of death. Yeah... good memories.

We'd be happy to accept your help but you did just declare war on the entire world. We'd rather not get caught in that crossfire.

OOC: hahahahaahahhaahhaahhaah omg... that has to be the best posting I've seen in a while on these forums. I wish we had more guys like you around.

There was a simultaneous face palm by Imperial Government leaders around the world. It is rumored to have sped the earths rotation by a millionth of a second, which has had conspiracy theorists running to correct their 2012 precise time the world will end calculations.

All the same.. the advance resumed given.. well.. the Aether Empire had practically asked to be removed from power. The force advanced, it was going to be a bloody mess, but at this point they had little choice.

A no fly Zone was being established by CAP activities over the entire peninsula of Saudi Arabia. Empire forces were rotating in and out per legislative request performing various support missions. After the radar grid had been crushed and the power plants struck.. the war had almost boiled down to routine so far as the air war was concerned. Enemy fighters came up.. the fighters danced til there were no more enemy fighters while a few imperial fighters fell.. and then more strike mission packages were performed.

An old Dragonisian hospital ship used back in the old days during the Great Lakes war slowly sailed up the red-sea towards the northern front. The goal was to provide hospital aid to those stricken by the epidemic, friend and foe alike. Oddly, to honor the cultural request of Aether, it was flying a white Crescent.

Edited by Maelstrom Vortex

***Private to Dragon Empire***

Contained within this diplomatic pouch are the following:

-Videotape containing the security footage of one of our water purification plants.

-Customs records of the entry into Somal of the man in question in the tapes.

-Customs records and video footage of the man in questions departure as well from M'Bossa Airport along with custom's records identifying him.

-Sworn statements from Internal Directorate agents swearing that the man on the tape is a member of Promised Land's Security apparatus.

-Further, statements from several microbiologists who ran tests on the water purification plant that was attacked by this agent. These reports demonstrate conclusively viruses introduced were meant to be harmful.

This evidence as presented clearly demonstrates the security service of Promised Land being behind a biological attack on the Republic of Free Somal. We do not request war with them, but we do request that compensation be made for the loss of life. The death toll at this point is four hundred and thirteen. The virus is particularly virulent and tends to kill with great speed those who are very young or old.

RED SEA

The 4 cruise missiles were located by the Cruisers and first line of defense the CIWS Metalstorm systems went online.

Firing at a rate of 500,000 Rounds per minute the MSCIWS fired munitions which tracked the inbound banshees through their proximity sensors and the millimeter wave radars of the guns. 2 of the missiles were downed in this volley. 2 missiles cleared this line of defense and made for the task force.

One cruise missile was downed by the Phalanx CIWS in destroyer DS13 but the final cruise missile went blind due to the ECM and struck the replenishment tanker.

A spectacular explosion took the lives off the 30 Cochin sailors who became the first Cochin casualties in the war.

RCDF GENERAL STAFF

COCHIN

"So they sunk OL18 did they? Gen. Mahesh i need authorization to use Silver Storm." Vice Adm. KP Marakkar asked to his boss.

"Given. Let us take out their vaunted radars."

The orders were given to employ Non Nuclear Electro Magnetic Pulse (NNEMP) warheads on the SRBMs in the theater.

DE AMPHIBIOUS ASSAULT

The cruiser Task Force 09 which had staged in support of the Dragonisian Amphibious assault was pounding the coastal defenses with its naval artillery. Meanwhile the Marine Task Force 19 which was supporting the invasion landed its division of marines. They were supported by the attack helicopters of the task force which went about the place spreading death and devastation.

At a point of time one Piranha had been taken down by a hidden missile team but precise coordinates relayed to TF09 led to intense bombardment of the area.

The Dragon Empire announces its objectives:

1. Raochin and Aether will be liberated or will submit to the presence of temporary peacekeeping forces and will stop aiding Nod in Africa their preference. Which happens is based on their choices.

2. Somal forces will be reinforced as well as the forces of the newly formed Mechadamian republic to ensure they do not fall.

3. Nod will forswear all claims to Mechadamian land and all offensive operations will halt for the expansion of any of these 3 states.

If these terms are met, the war will end.

***Private to Dragon Empire***

Contained within this diplomatic pouch are the following:

-Videotape containing the security footage of one of our water purification plants.

-Customs records of the entry into Somal of the man in question in the tapes.

-Customs records and video footage of the man in questions departure as well from M'Bossa Airport along with custom's records identifying him.

-Sworn statements from Internal Directorate agents swearing that the man on the tape is a member of Promised Land's Security apparatus.

-Further, statements from several microbiologists who ran tests on the water purification plant that was attacked by this agent. These reports demonstrate conclusively viruses introduced were meant to be harmful.

This evidence as presented clearly demonstrates the security service of Promised Land being behind a biological attack on the Republic of Free Somal. We do not request war with them, but we do request that compensation be made for the loss of life. The death toll at this point is four hundred and thirteen. The virus is particularly virulent and tends to kill with great speed those who are very young or old.

The chairman got the dispatch as he was starting to board the Nosferatu. "Tower re-route flight path Station tanker over the Indian Ocean. I'm going to pay a visit to an old friend in Promised Land." (This will continue in a new thread)

Despite their annoying attacks, forces within the Northern Aether Empire were told move out into Raochin without opening fire on the Dragon Empire units and cease hostile attacks... if possible. Artillery fire from the south oddily stopped as well but the units were not stay dead on the ground and so tanks moved to the south. Once again this was as par the Aether agreement to cease combat on their western front against Somal. Even the advancing forces going out to meet Somal before pulled back and simply stuck to observations in the region gathering intellegence on the terrain but no strikes were being called in. Instead, while developments were under-way in the local forest, the Aether Empire moved it's full strength to the west and had the northern units and southern units move in. The North and South Flank were in movement to the west once again One central flank went through the center of nod and was set with heavy air-support and artillery 50% each for support.

To the north and south the two flanks of forces would converge at four points, just north of the enemy battle lines (With enemy forces being tied up by Nod ground forces already there) just to the south and two prong connecting BEHIND the enemy to completely surround them... As the DE would have to risk their friendship with Somal and the wrath of the international community for attacking Aether Soil now in non-military mode and purely working to help in the Somalian epidemic were expected to focus their attacks as well but with the completion of surrounding the enemy, their supplies (like those in the north) would quickly run out and they would be offered the immediate chance to surrender and work things out diplomatically. Of course, diplomacy was hoped now anyways, as there was an epidemic to the east and dead soilders and humans exposed to the elements would threaten to spread it rapidly accross the entire region.

Aether Soldiers already IN Somal weren't sure what to do. The region was in a epidemic and so they shouldn't break quarintine yet they weren't allowed to attack, so they just sat back and held their position with the supplies they had and continued to do what they did best... avoid contact for those that made it to canyons.

The City of Bosaso is under Lockdown under Emergency Powers of the BDA Chairman.

All over the city containment suits are being distributed to the population by the soldiers of X ID who have all been issued with Chemical-Biolgical Warfare Suits.

The Bosaso Hospital is setting up quarantine procedures for any patient who may come in exhibiting symptoms of this disease.

Offensive actions against Aether and Raochin were both on hold due to the epidemic and waiting to see if the parties in this conflict wanted to strike any sort of diplomatic conclusion. The same letter was forewarded to the leaders of Raochin.. notifying them that the Empire was open to discuss terms.

Aether agrees to attend a diplomatic meeting. They decide that a public statement is in order and several decrees are put into order. The full military of the Aether Empire is disbanded. Ziggy makes a statement to the world, his face apparently tear-stained from long arguments he smiles though knowing that this is creates the best opportunity.

Ziggy: We of the Aether Empire, are sworn to defend the Nation of Nod and Raochin. And so long as there is an Aether Empire we cannot surrender. It is unfortunately beyond our humanity to do so. But.

Ziggy: We are willing, in the face of the extreme danger present from this disease and rampages of war to make decisions we would not otherwise make. Thus, we hereby order our forces to stand down and-

The feed cuts off and an image of Von Zak comes on screen the sound of battle in the background.

Von Zak: I can't believe this $%!#@%#*! I refuse to accept this surrender, I hereby pledge our soldiers and our ground troops to the true cause of the Aether Empire and we will fight by Nod and against our enemies to the end. You think you've won the day, but hah! (He nods his head in silence) you'll regret this as your defeat Zarfef. I now fight under a different flag, we are now part of the Nation of Nod! They don't surrender like you!

The feed is interrupted again and Ziggy is seen staring, more shaken then before.

Ziggy: Eh- I er, we hereby therefore, now.

(Ziggy pauses for a moment, more distressed then before)

We must therefore dissolve this nation for the sake of the greater good and hereby request that operations by the Dragon Empire and it's allies stop against our nation, it's people and especially it's medical installations for the time being. In exchange, we hereby will agree to the following non-negotiable terms. We are giving up a lot and we expect the same.

-The Aether Empire will henceforth be dissolved and will remain for the life-time of this treaty not as a procterate but will be a physical part of the Dragon Empire itself. (The nation not the alliance) In the region formerlly known as Djibouti and southern Yemen the territory formally known as the Aether Empire will now be the nation The Dragon Empire (obviously this won't be all of your empire as your nation extends accross asia as well, only now it will contain what was the Aether Empire.

-All land forces in the region under the former Aether Empire are to surrender immidiately if they still have alliagance to this nation and the region will submit to DE and given that they have control over the region, the Dragon Empire specifically may place their peace-keeping forces in the region, or military units. It will belong to them.

-All resources in the region and people therein will belong to the Dragon Empire and they may be used for their national growth and to promote industrial strength in the region. For economic prosperity in the area at the exchange of cheap products to the Dragon Empire (It will be good for their economy after all).

-We obviously agree then to the reinforcement of our ally of the DE, Somal, but mostly for the sake of supplying medical supplies.

-Nod never claimed any Mechadamian land, only an anarchied ISoA land. So this point is mute.

-At the termination of hostilities, no characters to this point from the Aether Empire will be considered for war crimes of any kind. We didn't commit any in our opinion and we should not face any either.

-All Aether Empire members are free to leave and will not be monitered or impeded in any way in their actions. They will be free to live their lives.

Ziggy: While. I. Would never agree to these conditions normally, I am forced by the better judgement and by my own maturity on basis of the greater needs of humanity and the common human crisis in the region to submit these and ask for your acceptance and consequent end of hostilities between our nations as ours dissolves. Obviously from the transimissions earlier, there are those that have chose to leave our ranks to support Nod to the end. Let's hope that they can achieve a lack of anarchy in the region without their getting a chance to cause trouble. We wish you luck in your work to bring stability to the world and halt the epidemic in Somal.

Overall, we beg of you to cease your attacks especially on the southern Aether Empire as it is now your nation. Not a procterate. Therefore, to attack the people there is to commit genocide on your own while they are unarmed and to attack your allies in Somal as it may be a useful medical location for the current crisis.

OOC: So. ^_^ Now that you have a piece of Africa you've fought so hard for.... just what do you plan to do with it? I REALLY WANNA KNOW!

Edited by Zarfef

ooc: Interesting.

ic: The Empire is more confused than ever.

"They just gave over their entire country to us?" Gen. James Russert was utterly confused.

"Seems so, but I am not so sure their people are going to listen to a word we say." Stated his Lt.

"But we don't Africa!" Russert was more confused

"Looks like ahem, if we're to accept their terms we have to take part of Africa and without choice. I'm not really sure what we should do Sir. It would end the conflict, but it would put us in an unusual international predicament." His Lt. continued.

"They must be up to something." Russert nodded softly.

A release was issued.

The Empire is somewhat confused at the terms proposed by Aether, the ceasefire will continue as we digest your proposal. We don't want Africa. We want African states to halt expansionist behavior. Conquest is not the goal here.

*to dragon empire*

"Wait a minute, we haven't been involved in this war due to pressures from other world leaders. When were we under assault again? We have never publicly aided the nations under war and I assure you we didn't privately either. I don't see how we are subject to anything when we never fought. I assure you you would have had a MUCH harder time defeating us and Aether.

Also about those air patrol's blocking off my nation and this assault on the Arabian peninsula, surely we aren't blind, somebody would have reported seeing your troops offshore, or on shore, or invading in any way."

OOC: I didn't get involved cuz lavo would've attacked me, and seriously, with the Dragon empire, UMS, and Somal already attacking our little group, do we really need Lavo assaulting me from the north as well? I still want to RP as this nation, so getting gang banged by two 1st world nations is on top of my agenda. :/

Ziggy of the former Aether Empire responds with the following:

Ziggy: We understand fully that you need time to understand the implications of these terms we appreciate the actions and have ordered forces in our region to stand down (And there were quite a few apparent indications of forces standing down). We are placing our half of the treaty up now starting with the raising of Dragon Empire flags across the territory. Given your hard-fought efforts we must be imperialist dictators and realize that the larger nations of the world in their knowledge see us in the nakedness of our ignorance! No matter your decisions, we obviously know this to be the best for the people. We step off stage.

Ziggy: After all, this treaty submits to you full control? What else do you want? You're not looking to make war on our people just to make war on us are you? We are giving you everything there, how can you reject it? What more could be asked?

Edited by Zarfef

*to dragon empire*

"Wait a minute, we haven't been involved in this war due to pressures from other world leaders. When were we under assault again? We have never publicly aided the nations under war and I assure you we didn't privately either. I don't see how we are subject to anything when we never fought. I assure you you would have had a MUCH harder time defeating us and Aether.

Also about those air patrol's blocking off my nation and this assault on the Arabian peninsula, surely we aren't blind, somebody would have reported seeing your troops offshore, or on shore, or invading in any way."

OOC: I didn't get involved cuz lavo would've attacked me, and seriously, with the Dragon empire, UMS, and Somal already attacking our little group, do we really need Lavo assaulting me from the north as well? I still want to RP as this nation, so getting gang banged by two 1st world nations is on top of my agenda. :/

ic:

We interpreted your recent actions as being actively aiding Nod and Aether.. if you're not intending to do so outside of humanitarian means as seems to be the case then we release you from terms as we're not technically at war and apparently have implied permission to use your land for operations. In which case, thank you.

ooc: Currently the only assaults are being directed against Aether targets. But we wonder how they would have been defending our landing site in Oman >__>

Ziggy of the former Aether Empire responds with the following:

Ziggy: We understand fully that you need time to understand the implications of these terms we appreciate the actions and have ordered forces in our region to stand down (And there were quite a few apparent indications of forces standing down). We are placing our half of the treaty up now starting with the raising of Dragon Empire flags across the territory. Given your hard-fought efforts we must be imperialist dictators and realize that the larger nations of the world in their knowledge see us in the nakedness of our ignorance! No matter your decisions, we obviously know this to be the best for the people. We step off stage.

Ziggy: After all, this treaty submits to you full control? What else do you want? You're not looking to make war on our people just to make war on us are you? We are giving you everything there, how can you reject it? What more could be asked?

"Very simply, stop helping Nod and cease offensive operations against Somal. You're giving up more than you need to. At this time we aren't accepting you into the Empire as that would permit you to influence our internal workings. We do not want to control or even conquer any part of Africa. We want all operations against our allies halted and all expansionism halted. You may retain full domestic sovereignty once we see these conditions fulfilled."

OOC: well thats what I get for not getting on here for a day after a war starts that I was going to be in. Since you already RPed it, and I don't feel like being a jerk to you, you landed in Oman :/

IC:

Empress Aimee Para'No'Ya, a much more neutral and quite frankly sensible person than the Emperor, wrote to both nations of the surrender:

"With all due respect Maelstrom, Zarfef needed the lands, I mean his empire wasn't even on the world map. Several people had to ask where he was when the war started. In fact, he didn't even start this whole business. I would applaud you if you let him keep his territories, and even more if you admitted him into your little empire. I personally don't know him, but Zephyr is quite fond of him and from what I've heard and seen he has good intentions."

And to Zarfef, "I suggest you just stop and cut your losses unless you'd rather die fighting and never see your nation again. We will keep your people as long as needed and even give you some land if you would rather start over here. My husband might be mad at me for it but truthfully a large portion of our lands we don't really need. If you do decide to take the reasonable path we would be happy to send you whatever aid you need as long as its for non military purposes."

Privately to Zarfef from the Emperor:

"Ya know nod never signed the actual treaty, we could cut him out, I'd hate it for turning a back on an ally, but it was his actions that got you into this mess, and frankly almost got Raochin destroyed."

OOC: Yea, I'm devious, but it is the truth, Nod never officially signed the treaty, and its really up to me and zarfef if he is to stay.

"We're more than content to work with the Empress and Ziggy on a solution to this crisis that makes everyone happy if you simply stop supporting Nod. That's been our objective this entire time. The Chairman is currently handling a special situation, but I'm sure he'd like to get in on the discussions. The Salvation Army will be arriving on the Peninsula shortly in the landing zone. Their goal will be to rebuild and heal the stricken citizens. They will be marked with white crescents due to cultural concerns. Our army is being instructed to relax and try to help the citizens that have been affected negatively by the conflict in whatever ways they are able. Shall we begin talks tomorrow and if so where would be the place of choosing?" the ground commander inquired.

"Oh, and on joining the Empire. We do not think it's acceptable because we're not sure the world would tolerate it. Even though our Empire allows each state to keep its own culture, it could easily be interpreted as a colonial act."

Ziggy: If you don't want to have the people of this region in your government that would be your decision, we can't stop you from doing that but I wonder how you'd be liberating them if you refused them this right. We would even accept exile to the New Siberian Islands so that you ensure that we're not near the region to bother you! As stated by you, your goal is to liberate our people, obviously from this statement they need to be liberated otherwise you wouldn't MAKE such a statement.

Ziggy: Von Zak is acting against our intentions and we ourselves already stopped aiding nod. The only military we're operating in the region is a local policing agent given the chaos next door and from the damages inflicted by your forces. We condemn his actions but given that you have greatly weakened our government here there is nothing that can be done.

Ziggy: This and. The Aether Empire was an ally of the Nation of Nod and an ally of Raochin. While there is an Aether Empire they will always fight with their allies and they will always expand to enhance the lives of it's citizens and it's leaders. It is therefore a contradiction to state what you are expecting and it would only result in you occupying and flying your flag over the region anyways. Why cause extra bloodshed just so that you can acquire the land through war. You obviously would agree that you would occupy this territory indefinitely attacking us if we formed resistance groups in the region.

Ziggy: Furthermore, the Asian people obviously believe they understand better how to run things here then we do or want to take that which we had or wanted it for their allies for personal growth otherwise you wouldn't be dropping bombs on Africa. You have a problem with Africans? I never had a problem with them! What? You can't run the people when it's given to you but you scream liberation before when you can bomb us?

Ziggy: It obviously couldn't be that the Dragon Empire wants buffer states it can push under its thumb at will with the threat of war to protect it's power in the region under the proctor of a Dragon Empire Somal all the while claiming those buffer states to be independent so that it didn't push around NAPO and through control of NAPO could eventually get to a point where it could acquire Africa but wasn't there now. That would just be a silly conspiracy theory. And obviously anyone would realize from how we've fought that the name Aether Empire in history, even to Von Zak means a nation that won't be anyone's pet. Anyways. That's the deal. Accept it or leave it. We obviously completely surrendered.

Ziggy: So. That's the deal. Take it or leave it. But if you leave it then tell Somal to stop attacking our allies and we'll stop our war on them and scram. Otherwise, you're going to have to get what you seem to have always wanted here, you're own little bit of African soil, resources and people to rule over and call your own. After all, with recent procterates and expansions closer and closer to Arabia, it's always seemed you've wanted the later one.

(Meanwhile to the South of the Aether Empire, Von Zak was hardly holding back and was plowing full force towards his military plans in defense of Nod)

"You do not need to be liberated if your government is willing to listen to reason. We're giving you a second chance. If you have 'completely surrendered' stop aiding Nod's aggression. Until you do that, you have not completely surrendered."

Air strikes began to blitz the forces of Von Zak. Using the same battlefield tactics as were used previously. An extra AWACs was in the area to provide more command and control functions over the battle space.

"Which it is obvious to us you are not doing. If you continue your fight we're going to leave you unable to make war.. then simply leave.. and let the governments here decide what to do with you."

To the south one of the loyal aids approached Von Zak.

Aid: Sir! They are coming with full air-support!

Von Zak: What? And we didn't expect them to? Alright kitty cat, let's play. (Prepares his commands)

The North Force was closer and so it would be facing the enemies first. All units were constantly on the move and taking evasive action at the incoming air-planes. There would be in this battle two lines of air-planes one focusing on the North and one focusing on the southern flank. The units though decided to play something different. First the tanks on the southern tanks lit up the skies with their RADAR... however, they did so with directionally narrow beams to light up enemy units over the opposite forces units a long distance away. The planes over that region would be then be targeted by the units below without using their own RADAR but the narrow beams of from the south scattered off the fighters. These would provide the guides and the anti-air missiles would fly to the skies towards those targets using onboard RADAR systems on the missiles to hone in on the planes... there would be chaff and other junk but once the targets were located the missiles would find their way to the vaccinity and a at least some of the many aimed at the target would find their target given the intense radar reflections from many missiles.

Then the units to the south would cut their RADAR after the short outburst of hide and seek and the north would return the favor with missiles currently driving their planes insane flashing the south with RADAR. The south would then int the same manner fire away using onboard missile RADAR from multiple missiles to kill any advantages of stealth.

On top of this Von Zak used the onboard RADARs of ground based surface to air-missiles to drive HARMs mad if they did take to the air while RADAR from that segment might be used. He specifically had Von Zuk order the soldiers there to utilize their surface to air shoulder based RADAR systems to flash on and off. As a result, as a HARM would come in, it would have hundreds of close range RADAR signatures with wide angles flickering in all locations creating a dazzling display of targets popping into and out of existance with the hopes of sending the missiles right to the ground. (Essentially it would be guided by random noise)

And if Nod authorized it, he would have his radar systems near the Nod territory move above ground after several of these (to test if it worked just as the enemy might be coming up with a counter) which would cover the skies with their RADAR for a short time then move deep to under the ground as HARMs were not expected to be bunker busters and it was doubted they had any such things designed for the current world, especially in large numbers, so the RADARs would rise and fall from the ground just like the tanks on the north shores of Aether had popped in and out of the waves to make a air generals worst nightmare inspired by their very enemy using the ground as protection and hiding to completely throw the enemy while using the local SAM fire support from tanks to clean out the sky. On either end both sides had a vast number of anti-air units so this strategy would cause two twin lines of massive destruction... and the tanks were still moving forward with the troops still moving at high speeds and it was now only a matter of time for them to surround UMS forces on all sides while Nod units at the front kept them busy. With the same kinds of strategies being equally useful against UMS fighters, the enemies abilities to reinforce would be deeply cut down and their units would be surrounded with almost no chance of victory and nigh on required surrender.

Edited by Zarfef

The first phase of aerial combat engaged by the Dragonisians was the air war. At the lead of the flight group was a single predator drone with a radar mount. As air targets were identified.. a Leviathan (think advanced B-52s with electronic warfare packages) dropped a rack of 10 long range air to air missiles, LRAAMs, based on the data provided by the predators radar. The predator would likely be destroyed by the fighters and surface equipment ahead after it got the picture, but the missiles only needed a basic initial lock to achieve optical guidance once they had traveled some. The Aether air force would be butchered without a sufficient counter measure. (ooc:: Which I leave open to you to describe)

The second phase involved the approach of actual fighter aircraft. They would start cleaning up whatever the AA outfitted B-52 did not destroy. The B-52 would turn on its jamming again. After firing a volley of harms and noticing the missiles were being disoriented, they switched the programming package on the missiles to intermittent locking pattern. This meant that the missile would home onto the first target locked based on gps data after acquiring the initial lock instead of dancing among all the "white noise" the result is that the missiles would not be confused.. but also would not home on a target except by co-ordinate guidance once fired. The result was probably a bunch of disappointed Aether stationary SAM site crews.. and some pretty happy mobile radar crews who kept moving so that the GPS didn't follow them and resulted in consistent misses due to their mobility.

Several aircraft were shot down during phase 2, especially in the first few minutes were the harms were expected to be effective. However, once the jig was up the air-crews were behaving doubly paranoid. To finish off the mobile radars, a pilot would identify the vehicle on his hud when radar was active and then switch to using AGM-65 missiles from internal bays . Most of the aggressors in the first 2 waves were stealth aircraft/fighters or SU-47s which could dodge fairly well. Few had wing mounts. The AGM-65 is infrared guided, and vehicles gave off heat and so they were easily dispatched once the gig was up as to what was going on in the battle space.

By this time a full squadron had been shot down in the current on-going actions in the Middle east in terms of damage to the air combatants. A squadron in Dragonisia is 12 aircraft. The expensive babies, though, the bombers.. hadn't lost any because of the very protective way in which they were handled. Once the battle space was relatively under control, the last phase would begin with high altitude B-52s would drop JDAM guided ground ordinances. The JDAM's were programmed with target positioning data from the AWACs, the result was carpet bombing with "smart" iron bombs and an absolute mess on the ground. Places where it had been obvious radars were popping up and down out of bunkers had been tracked. The AWACS assigned B-2s carrying MOPs (short for Massive Ordinance Penetrators) to hit the bunkers. Logic was, if they were hiding radars.. they could very well be hiding something else valuable beneath them.. and accidentally/unintentionally given those key bunker locations away with their HARM avoidance routines.

As a Leviathan flew over, a soldier from Aether who had been taking cover with his optically guided shoulder mount sneaked out from under the cover and targeted the behemoth of an aircraft when it had its bays open. The result was two fold.. a spectacular explosion to be followed by the crash.. and the unguided release ofan immense amount of dumb bomb munitions in an active/primed state.

The RCAF Raptor which was covering this sector saw the mass of low powered radars lighting up in an effort to thwart the HARM attack.

A squad of 8 Mig35s raced in to the battle field. These fighters were tasked specifically for radar suppression. From a range of 50 km they launched a hail of 24 SHARM anti radiation missiles and 8 NNEMP missiles. Leaving the final guidance to the guidance package within the missiles and control from the MERAT AWACS aloft, the Mig35s withdrew to rearm.

These smart missiles have a lock on the position of the radar which gave the largest possible power signature. They were programmed for Air Defense neutralization. Vehicle mounted radars and MANPOR radars do not have the power or range necessary to detect the RCAF Fighters let alone the Bombers. Even though many radar installations lit off on getting a warning in their threat receivers, the SHARM missiles bore in with the location of the fixed radar installation imprinted on its memory. The NNEMP shall detonate at an altitude of 300 M above their target frying off any unshielded electrical or electronic equipment.

Meanwhile 4 ADRIS are flying in loose formation to the battlefield. They have received information regarding the main defenses of Aether. These advanced stealth bombers are armed with NNEMP missiles which shall be targeted military installations.

Meanwhile the II Mechanized Division is now fully air lifted to Bosaso and they are being mated with their equipment and vehicles. The 2 MD shall be battle ready in a few hours.