War in East Africa

SpacingOutMan

***Classified to the Dragon Empire***

What the hell do you think you're doing? Somal has no justification for being in this war in the first place!

He may have started it, but he has a valid point. Nod claimed an area that was "suffering from anarchy". The problem we have with this is that instead of helping that area find its own government and independence "relieving someone from the suffering of anarchy" is also equitable to "denying the potential future existence of independent sovereignty". It is an act of aggression against the common people on the ground. Protection from Anarchy can be done by protectorate status.. Annexation is not required. That said we have chosen to liberate this government and its supporters. We do not always approve of Somal's methods, but we believe them morally in the right.

-Anthony Davis

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We Will not engage in warfare...yet. We are moving troops in to secure our personnel, provice NEUTRAL peacekeeping and provide services to civlians. We will only attack if Civilians are attacked or if we ourselves are. Molakia Troops are easy to spot and will smile and wave if not being attacked. Your people have nothing to fear.

*peacekeeper pic*

"We approve of the presence of peace-keepers sheltering the civilians. We will work with them when possible and do our best to ensure their safety from collateral effects. Somal has been issued a warning status about abusing its protections under the Bloc accords by committing war crimes. We will attempt to bring those responsible to justice."

-Anthony Davis

Edited by Maelstrom Vortex

***Classified to Dragon Empire***

The people were already seeing Nod as liberators. The man executed was a war criminal in the eyes of Nod's citizenry. No one was talking of annexing the territory--in fact, for all you know, they intended to make the area a protectorate when this was all over.

The people vary in opinion as they will across all societies. Some will appreciate the intervention of Nod, not realizing the future they are surrendering for themselves. Others will feel Nod is an oppressor. We take all opinions into consideration. The fate of these people is not Nod's to control. If they want to declare a protectorate, they can do so without invading.

Additionally. we have seen Nod take direct action against the Mechadamians. We will not stand by and let this aggression go unanswered.

-Anthony Davis

That is, of course, not the only reason they invaded, you know. And if the fate of those people is not NOD's to control, it is even less yours, and no more is it Somal's, either. You have no business being in Africa.

As for the Mechadamians, you have your facts mixed up there. NOD did not advance into their territory. the Mechadamians attacked them. Do you really expect them to lie low and simply take it?

That is, of course, not the only reason they invaded, you know. And if the fate of those people is not NOD's to control, it is even less yours, and no more is it Somal's, either. You have no business being in Africa.

As for the Mechadamians, you have your facts mixed up there. NOD did not advance into their territory. the Mechadamians attacked them. Do you really expect them to lie low and simply take it?

We are liberating the people. We will leave once there are no more bullies around. Regional opinion is that these nations need to be dealt with and we're going with our allies on this. We have no desire to have any presence in Africa once this is done whatsoever. We'll drop the local governments some rebuilding and aid packages and then take our leave. From what we have seen of the situation the Mechadamians are well within their rights on their complaints. If they can defend themselves, they are not land to be "protected" by another state.

The Mechadamian right to self-rule will be defended and the states which threatened it removed.

-Anthony Davis

********CLASSIFIED********

The sound of distant thunder reverberated even within the compound of command... a joint room with every major commander sitting together in the dark and hidden lair. They had been woken from the depths of sleep and the time for battle had arrived...

Zarfef: And?

Von Zak: We're just getting the reports in as they arrive, how they managed to fly through Raochin unabaited I don't know.

Von Zepplin: And... I have friends who want to play in the sea, they're coming in now via submarines our systems have picked up the signatures and they were all too many in statistics to be flukes. Can I, they're approaching now.

Zarfef: Please, remind them. THIS. IS. AETHER!

Von Zepplin: Right away... Heh heh heh (walks from table)

Zarfef: They think they have air-superiority over this place, we're not going to just wait for Sky King support we're going to light them up... we have 350 some odd number of War Tzars here and tons of in depth inplacements, we underestimated their RADAR signatures, they underestimated our ability to adapt! They think that sky is free from RADAR, Ziggy.

Ziggy: Yes sir?

Zarfef: Tell me what we need to do.

Ziggy: ALRIGHT! ^_^ You forgive me for the world stage thing!

Zarfef: No. I won't kill you though.

Ziggy: Sigh. What we're going to do is use our mountain based vantage point and new War Tzars to make this happen... and oddly enough war Tzars over in the North and western front... What I'm going to use is a little understood fact I understand from researching the VLA of space astronomy. Scratching out on paper...

Ziggy: We're deploying 200 War Tzars to RADAR mode 50 north, 50 south and a 100 in Aether Defense... they'll light the sky up with enough radio light and cause their fighters or chaff to bling like a rap-stars mouth grinning in broad daylight! Given that each RADAR dish is about 2 meters when their telemetry data is combined it will give us the equivelent RADAR tracking abilities of a single 200 m RADAR dish positions in the Aether Empire tracking their movements. The data is then sent through a fourrier decomposition with the data from each source being remapped due to non-infinite sources and the result is a high resolution powerful RADAR system that doesn't track signatures it paints pretty pictures of airplanes! Better yet, these will also provide guidance to forces on the Western Front allowing them to cap those blasted bombing runs on THEIR soil as well.

Zarfef: Ziggy. Approved. Wipe them from the sky.

Von Zak: I heard it and already had the mean working on it ASAP. They should be comming online now... and data is transmitting to our clusters here and is being analyzed in real time... I'm having people check the images to remove the chaff from the planes so our missiles light 'em up...

A signal was sent out and all neutral vessels were to clear the channel as word of a battle had come in... this would effect the markets tomorrow, but not as badly as the wreckage from ten tanks blocking it for weeks or if the battle raged on months. The subs did not deviate from their course... they were hostile.

Meanwhile... In the oceans, as the subs approached Aether Naval Defense Platforms came online... this was to be Von Zepplins greatest achievement... He didn't realize how much though, the subs could have been attack subs, not transports... But they would soon gain reason for pause... The Ghost Fleet defense system activated and the subs suddenly recognized the sound of a hundred submarines hot in the water and sonar pings were bouncing from various ground sources marking their locations hot... Torpedo tubes were apparently loaded and filled O_O as suddenly the waters let loose hundreds of torpedoes. Most of which were from Naval defense units firing away and making sure to have a sub a distance in front of them to mask their launch in the sounds of the submarine hitting high alert.

In an instant, the front lines of the subs would be hit with a torrent of explosions across their bow, even more vulnerable beneath the waves with a second wave in bound right after the first... Coming through would require landing on the gates of hell. Meanwhile Von Zuk had ordered wires to the shores at various locations on both sides... then it happened...

As the waters visible from the sky seemed to flicker with the rippling dulled, silent blasts from Aether Torpedoes, the planes suddenly went hot as all the RADAR systems from the region turned on in force at once... RADAR systems from across the region picked up the craft and using wide range interferometry produced beautiful high-resolution shots (albeit much duller then a non-RADAR absorbent type craft). Every plane, every spy system... all glowed with the glorious glow of light revealing their evil deeds in the darkness. And the angels of Aether let loose a cry and laughed... You think you're from hell? We come!

Thousands of missiles and ground units from the north and the south, hiding beneath the mountain region opened fire on the sky firing missiles at spy systems enemy air-craft (bombers were especially juicy) with ground based units analyzing by eye with live Fourier decompositions running in the background. Short exposure pulses combined with the length given an higher order of magnitude when targets were found to really increase their brightness. One shot after another rolled in and the Aether anti-air let the skies roll with flame with data not be left from Raochin with sky kings to be given the coordinates.

To make sure that they were not left unbusy though Aether was already in the midst of other events... its ground flank moving in just as stated, leaving at dawn and missing all the action... The forces made landfall to the north and were quickly moving over enemy ground. As thousands of missiles would hit the sky to wipe it clean of enemy air forces and hundreds of torpedoes exploded in the waters in the pinch point at the Red Sea. The land forces would both strike in Northern Somal and defend incase any subs made it to shore... when the battle was halted, brown water ships of the Aether Empire were ordered to search the area for survivors...

Edited by Zarfef

ooc: We have a navy. Cochin is providing support to take out the stationary platforms. How the airforce got there.. is very.. very simple. Refueling tankers. Additionally, from my understanding you don't have a navy, just defense platforms. Your 100 subs I know for certain do not exist. My subs are a merchant fleet. They have no arms. THey are legal and have been used for ages. They are not considered ships of war, but ships of transit. I won't recognize a navy unless you have it in game. Til the naval issue is resolved I will not recognize the current navy. besides, the submarines are in the presence of Kingdom of Cochin's active surface fleet and being defended. Attack Submarines could not approach and destroy them with impunity. Not being argumentative or anything, just pointing out some technical flaws here.

ic: As radars come online, more HARMs are fired. It was the equivalent of electronic warfare wack-a-mole. The stealth aircraft went on unabated, but the SU-47's were having to jink til almost black-out levels to avoid many of the SAM defenses. Two or three of them fell from the missile launches. Fortunately most of the missile barrage would remain unguided due to the anti-radar CAP being flown in the airspace in association with jamming efforts.

The stationary naval mounts were easily destroyed or disabled by long range CM's launched from the Kingdom of Cochin's state navy in the 1 mile length of beach needed for the landing strip. All of the submarines would make it to the offshore continental shelf safely due to the defensive net that was cast around them. Remember, the submarines are not coming up onto the beach. They are under about 50 feet of water in the shallows just along the continental shelf in sufficent range to drop off their ground crews.

A tank commander stated as they approached the shore, "Multiple contacts identified. Coastline is defended, but its mostly stationary installations. All forces advance, full speed. Givem hell."

As AA installations and SAM installations slowly came down, the Air Force turned to conducting ground support ops. ASW Depth Charge and ASM equipped harriers patrolled the coast making sure no naval threats went unaddressed.

ooc:

What a harm is and why it makes your radars inert from up to 57 miles away.. which may be out of range of some of many of your air defenses:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AGM-88_HARM

Aid: SIR! A set of cruisers and ECS units is in the region...

Ziggy: This is the method astronomers use to block out nearby stars, use it to track and subtact ECS signatures from planes. Have units systems from different distance flip signal imput at random, one of the systems will cause the ECS waves to for an interferometry pattern that shows the air-planes in a diffraction minima! Hit them now! I want this computer system popping till we wipe them from the skies.

Von Zak: In the mean time let's cap 'em with four cruise missiles...

(Four Banshees suddenly scream off to the south with high velocity crashing down and obliterating the two cruisers sent by Coachin with high explosive warheads and armor plating to snub off any anti-machine gun fire. )

Von Zak: Faulklands all over again. This is intense.

Aid: This is starting to get complicated

Von Zak: That's it. We're staying here for our command but we're transffering you two out of combat operations with copies of what we already have in our head.

Von Zak: Zarfef and Ziggy look up confused... I'm sending you two out in an emergency civilian evacuation along with all Aether Empire civilian personal to the north at our Raochin headquarters... from there you know where to go.

Zarfef: Yes, it's odd that me and the other bald one that looks so similar were actually initially from the same cold place on Earth. The one in charge of Mol.

Von Zak: Yeah. That is weird, but we're far cooler... and when I'm done defeating the Dragon Empire for the first time in history you two come back... Ziggy correspond as a fan to my band, I'll act all tired out and send you messages like I'm running out of ideas and you just type back what you do!

Let's bring this to a final show-down.

Edited by Zarfef

ooc: Oh, a ghost fleet..

ic: The Invasion is planned, there's no going back. The Ghost fleet does not deter the submarines. The DE knows they can't possibly have that many attack submarines. Later air ops and sonar readings of both active and passive types coming from KoC ships later confirm they're false signals. The Cruise missiles are likely defeated by the Kingdom of Cochin Phalanx CIWS defense systems.. ooc: But I'm letting KoC control his own losses.

ooc: For the record I think stationary defenses are a huge mistake. Cruise missiles are the bane of all stationary defenses and stand-off range ASM. 100 Submarine signatures is an over-bluff to easily called.

ooc: I know how stealth works, but the Stealths were carrying HARM class missiles. look up the AGM-88 Harm in wikipedia using that link I gave you. Stealth helps, but AGM-88s make stealth even better by making a mess of radar systems. If it has a signal, and a dish.. the stronger it is the easier for the harm to lock and track. So basically what happens is my aircraft get in 57 miles of your radar, lock the harm.. Fire. They repeat until all radars are no longer emitting and continue to suppress radars as they come online. So even as you bring them online they're being shot at. Not until the radars are cleared would the other waves come in behind. There are a LOT of aircraft coming and some of the Leviathans (think B-52S with electronic warfare packages) have drop racks for multiple harms. It's the same way the U.S. prepped Iraq for the deeper air raids along with the JDAM munitions.

I also know what underwater defense platforms are. Dragonisia has them around Tasmania. Satellites can detect the installations by being able to identify changes in historic sea-floor elevation. Cruise missiles can be fired from far outside the torpedo range of the mounts. Additionally, sonar will give a different registration from a solid metal surface than traditional sea-floor. They can be found, identified and struck at range in a mine-sweeping style operation. That's why as a backup Dragonisia researched sea-crawlers..

While you can overcome jamming the problem is that if your radars are being taken out as they come on line by HARM systems then it's nearly impossible to generate the telemetry data returns you need. That and there'd be chaos inside your data collection systems as inputs are dismembered by the missile strikes. If you can identify and flag potential mount installations then you can even prepare to approach them with ECM systems ready to decoy the torpedoes.

The Empire has over 241 squadrons, right now it has delegated about half that to this task and has the others in the backfield ready to pick up the football and run some yardage if they need to.

ooc: No, I mean the DE, collectively, has 241 squadrons. With all four states.

This is the countermeasure to undersea turret mounts after they have been identified by satellite and investigated by sonar.

ic: The Imperial Navy protected its transport fleet vigorously.

ooc: You are a bit behind on that Kevs. I have Cochin has already confirmed he is sending his aircraft and the legislature voted to approve an intervention in the Congress thread. KoC has rp'd his endorsement of the invasion and the presence of his air force and fleet. I even said I was letting him decide his defensive actions and casualties. Don't worry, that is all known and under consideration. That right there is the forward force.

IC: The Aether Empire was taking heavy damage from the HARMS... their air-defense network was being struck constantly... The enemy had also somehow managed to see around both the Ghost Fleet AND did their homework figuring out the locations of the naval defense platforms. The result was a disaster... The entire region was under heavy fire and all the RADAR system manipulations were doing was buying time before full bomber sweeps began.

Von Zuk: How are we going to do this?

Von Zak: Let's get outselves a bit more time... How many RADARs we have left online in the region...

Von Zuk: They thinned out 100 so far and the other 100 are going down soon.

Von Zak: Ok. Let's flip this around one more time, what are the common properties of the system.

Von Zuk: They seem to be able to find and obliterate RADARs at will! It's like they just go right for that RADAR system itself!

Von Zak: Wait... That give me an idea... Flip half the remaining RADAR in the south to passive to pick up signatures from a distance... Then, instead of aiming the RADAR by RADAR signatures from the dishes, bounce the RADAR off the walls of distance land forms... this place is crawling with mountains. I want to see directed RADAR beams bouncing off mountains non-stop and using the surfaces to scan the skies, have the passive RADARs pick up the light and guide the missiles.

Von Zak: And given that they tore through good old Zepplins underwater facilities... that leaves the main battle up to you too. There is nothing else we can do. We leave the rest to you. (Zon Zak and Von Zepplin leave... and Von Zuk remains a determined glint flowing through his eyes... he now had full control over the Aether Empire military... the other Vons would leave to the south and prepare their forces... this would turn out bad if things didn't move quick)..

In the regions as the ships deployed their soldiers to the waters from the waters the Von Zuk ordered a hideous display... he used suppression fire (while the air fighters were still busy with the RADARs to pin the forces in the waters then, with large numbers of troops firing back he released it... large numbers of incapacitators on the Northern front fired away sending thousands of watts of juice through any non-armored unit... they would hit wave after wave of enemy soldiers turning the waters into a lightening infested light-bulb festival. Even the sand was laden with thin wire frames which lit up electrocuting soildiers via ground current and then set them on fire from the resistance... the entire shore was aglow and bullets from afar with safer locations pelted their forces with machine guns... and the drones from the tanks were deployed in force taking positions in wait for ambush... The ships themselves were to be demoshlished in a massive blow with the tanks as they came ashore... 27 cruise missiles fired in full from various northern regions and lit up the shore with multi-missile carpet bombing of the invading forces and their tanks, and merchant subs... The massive blast lit up the coastline in a major display of fireworks and the south responded with tanks flipping from anti-air to artillery firing huge volleys of munitions across the shore covering it in a massive explosion. The taking of that shore would not soon be forgotten by anyone with military forces still awaiting any that survived.

Edited by Zarfef

ic:

The 15 division invasion force was indeed taking much heavier fire than expected.. but the enemy had the problem that the tanks could literally pop their muzzles up from just about anywhere along the coastline, fire, then retreat back into the water for visual cover. It was a land commander's nightmare for an amphibious assault. Several of the tanks were hit, the tanks were leading the assault with the water dogs in the rear. The crews of the stricken tanks would abandon them and charge ashore til they could lay down in the water and return fire as they could. Disabled tanks continued to have their gunners fire even though they were stuck.

Eventually the commanders decided it would be wiser to form an armored spearhead. They did so.. and all came ashore at what was estimated to be the weakest point in the defenses.. if it wasn't, it would soon be. The tank commanders began to use their periscopes to identify targets and to call in off-shore fire support from the navy of Kingdom of Cochin. They requested 16" battery fire to support the advance and gave the co-ordinates for the strike pattern

ooc: We'll have to wait on KoC to deliver shells now :-P

To the north, emergency civilian transport helicopters transported all Tensor Industry Personal and any nearby civilians onto water planes which took off to the north staying low to avoid attacks broadcasting a civilian signal... The Aether Empire continued to keep the skies busy with RADAR strikes from the enemy to keep them busy.

Von Zuk sent a message to the North to Raochin and Nod.

Von Zuk: This is the Aether Empire, enemy forces somehow determined, located and destroyed our stationary defenses, we request air-escorts to take civilians to the North at the Aether Empire Embassy in Raochin as well as Tensor Industry international personnel. Our forces here will also soon be over-whelmed, I'm mobilizing the southern fleet and performing a full strike deep into Somalian territory to take their northern most city closest to our borders... 50% of our soldiers and all our tanks will take the region there as they won't perform as many air-strikes on Somal territory. Our troops will be digging in to the western regions of northern Somal too. We are requesting a full invasion authorization of Somal to the South with full force strikes on their units in order to kill the battle where it stems, by forcing the surrender of Somal.

To the northern forces, I am mobilizing my forces and making an advance through the north, outflanking UMS forces there and taking their territory to the east including the major supply line. I will leave a portion of our infantry, roughly 50% behind to defend the mountain region. We have tried hard, but our enemies simply have a strong technological ability and they now outnumber us in terms of nations over two-to-one. WE WILL FIGHT TO THE END!

OOC: I thought your forces in the water were being electrocuted, so laying down in the water doesn't seem like a bright idea (I had them tapped to wires from a distance too so the incapacitators could stay out of enemy fire). Also, your tanks were doing well in shallow water with 27 banshees carpet bombing them? Do come ashore though... may as well make this as quick as possible.

Edited by Zarfef

Suez Canal

Egypt, RA

Molakian Peacekeeper Fleet

SuezCanal_ElBallah.JPG

The Molakian Peacekeeping fleet, under the Flagship of the MMS Romanov, approachs the Canal.

"Rebel Army, this is the Molakian Merchant Ship Romanov. We are requesting permission to cross the canal to provice peacekeeping and humanitarian services to the African Warzone."

Edited by Comrade

To the north, emergency civilian transport helicopters transported all Tensor Industry Personal and any nearby civilians onto water planes which took off to the north staying low to avoid attacks broadcasting a civilian signal... The Aether Empire continued to keep the skies busy with RADAR strikes from the enemy to keep them busy.

Von Zuk sent a message to the North to Raochin and Nod.

Von Zuk: This is the Aether Empire, enemy forces somehow determined, located and destroyed our stationary defenses, we request air-escorts to take civilians to the North at the Aether Empire Embassy in Raochin as well as Tensor Industry international personnel. Our forces here will also soon be over-whelmed, I'm mobilizing the southern fleet and performing a full strike deep into Somalian territory to take their northern most city closest to our borders... 50% of our soldiers and all our tanks will take the region there as they won't perform as many air-strikes on Somal territory. Our troops will be digging in to the western regions of northern Somal too. We are requesting a full invasion authorization of Somal to the South with full force strikes on their units in order to kill the battle where it stems, by forcing the surrender of Somal.

To the northern forces, I am mobilizing my forces and making an advance through the north, outflanking UMS forces there and taking their territory to the east including the major supply line. I will leave a portion of our infantry, roughly 50% behind to defend the mountain region. We have tried hard, but our enemies simply have a strong technological ability and they now outnumber us in terms of nations over two-to-one. WE WILL FIGHT TO THE END!

OOC: I thought your forces in the water were being electrocuted, so laying down in the water doesn't seem like a bright idea (I had them tapped to wires from a distance too so the incapacitators could stay out of enemy fire). Also, your tanks were doing well in shallow water with 27 banshees carpet bombing them? Do come ashore though... may as well make this as quick as possible.

ooc: You can't really electrocute large areas in the oceans without enormous amounts of power. It autogrounds. It's the same reason people do not come out of water at the Beaches during thunderstorms.. unless you're hit directly (what are the odds of that?) it's not going to kill you.

ic: The Banshees have a problem. The SU-47s providing air support from Dragonisia closed on them and kept them so busy that it would seriously disrupt close air support operations. Remember, the Dragonisians know they're going to be vulnerable at this phase. Every conceivable defense they have is being used to shield the advancing forces. Some of the bombers hit though.. several more tanks are disabled.. Suddenly there is a Waterdog charge in mass... hundreds of vehicles surge ashore and head for cover and begin to unload their platoons. They begin to dig in and return fire.. the Sea Tyrants at this point have made it further up the beach and are now almost on normal ground. THey're starting to use sand burns as cover.

ooc: You can't really electrocute large areas in the oceans without enormous amounts of power. It autogrounds. It's the same reason people do not come out of water at the Beaches during thunderstorms.. unless you're hit directly (what are the odds of that?) it's not going to kill you.

OOC: What if you were standing a meter away from an electrocution wire in the water?