War in East Africa

SpacingOutMan

-BREAKING WORLD NEWS-

High Civilian Deaths and Destruction in Former Aether Empire

Operation Swift Justice

Three Armored Divisions crank their engines to life. They've been waiting for this day for awhile. The First through Third Armored Divisions unleash their deadly spears. After watching the Southern Aether Empire being pounded by the Dragon Empire. As the aircraft of the Republic of Somal Air Force unload their deadly burdens on the Aether Empire infiltrators the tankers prepare to unload a little surprise of their own.

To the rear, using satellite imagery and remote drone intelligence, the Somal gunners unleash their storm. Each division having 24 MLRS vehicles, 24 155 SPH, and 48 Towed 155 howitzers unleashes their combined might as one. They frankly don't give a damn who they hit whether it be Roachin forces or Aether Empire forces. Killing either at this point in time is fine with everyone. The hammering guns of the three divisions aren't alone either.

The remaining HALOBs of the Republic of Somal Air Force unleash a wave of SOAD Guided Munitions to soften the way for the tankers. With them a two wings of MIG-35s, having learned a hard lesson in aerial warfare, come in well in advance as they unleash a storm of HARM missiles to suppress Roachin or Aether Empire air defenses. Their approach to the mission is a simple one as they come in at high speed, lock onto the radar sources, and open fire with a HARM missile. Promptly after this they dispense their chaff canisters, flares, and drop to the deck as they retreat for another run, another, and finally their last one to expend their full payloads.

The Armored Divisions have their own special payloads in the form of armored piercing rounds that they are eager to use on Roachin and Aether vehicles. The coastal regions being nice and flat are far more conducive to this sort of warfare. No mercy will be shown as the men of the three divisions are looking for a little revenge of their own. The losses occurred in the west had been made up with replacement men and vehicles, but the new faces are a stark reminder of those lost in the fighting.

The attack is lead by Scout Cars and Combat Engineer vehicles to deal with mines. As the tanks and other vehicles aren't planning on using roads the likelihood of avoiding large mine concentrations appears all the larger.

A News Reporter is standing in front of large clouds of billowing smoke and the sound of explosions in the background.

News Man: This is news anchor Micheal Truss in the former territory of Aether Empire and the scene of massive death and devastation in a detestable attack. It was not long ago that the Aether Empire forces here were given a surprising decision in this stubborn region of the world, a statement to put down arms and accept a new age of "Liberty" as a component of the Dragon Empire a part of their actual nation.

Micheal Truss: The event was not marked without controversy and to the south, General Von Zak of the Former Empire ceded with his entire loyal armed services along with the other Vons in a military coup and joined their militaries to the fate of the Nation of Nod. Within the Aether Empire though, support, munitions and supplies were cut off and citizens were told to return to their new home with the special promise of new "Liberties" at the cost of submission.

Micheal Truss: The region here has suffered as a third world state for quite some time and it's government has certainly chosen many strange and unorthodox decisions. However, few would argue that surrenderer for the sake of peace and the epidemic plaguing the west would be cause for anything but jubilation. This however, was only minorly shocking compared to what followed, and while I attended here hoping to see an incredible set of peace-talks in a new modern Africa and Middle East, I instead was forced to witness acts of terrible barbarity. As the flags of the Dragon Empire were just beginning to flap in these dirt infested skies and forces on both sides came to a halt, even as the smoke from the previous conflict began to fade from the heavens and light began to shine through, the darkness reared itself once again.

Micheal Truss: It began with a purging of Aether Forces apparently staged in Northern Somal which did not leave the region to avoid possible voiding of the quarantine from the virus in said country... Their forces were completely slaughtered without as much as a few desperate shots fired once they realized peace talks were obviously no more. But this was not the end of it, while it might be questionble until contact whether these forces were under the former Empire or Von Zaks rebellion the attacks on the cities mountains and every installation with large amounts of MRLS, artillery and bombing runs of the surrendered nations. That is right, Raochin AND Aether. Were nothing short of local genocide of a sickening nature.

Micheal Truss: The forces of Somal would have only needed to walk into these countries and wouldn't have faced a single shot. The people here were still celebrating the thoughts of what new "liberty" would be and Raochin was hoping for a long peace which was still in the discussion when the attacks hit. The policing units in the area, all that was left, were completely demolished and chaos ensued accross the entire regions under the banner of the Dragon Empire. There are thousands of dead and the images, some of children burning dead in the street holding paper hand drawn Dragon Empire flags are too graphic to show. The operation was sickeningly called: "Swift Justice".

Micheal Truss: Given that the Aether Empire had completely and totally surrendered as far as a nation, there is currently no government present here and so there are no formal statements from their former leaders. It was assumed by them and likely any thinking person, that the surrender would mean an end to the violence. Instead, it meant only the beginning. It is unknown how these events will play out and no formal statement has been given in the region for this act of hypocritical aggression. It is likely that the main result will be a further long drawn out war in the region that will by now have turned the possibility of peace to dust with the launching of these attacks. The people here, in light of these have little choice. They are either to fight, or they are to apparently die by a foe that sees no better "justice" then to slaughter an a surrendered nation.

I am Michael Truss. Signing out.

OOC: Raochin and Aether agreed to the complete and total surrender of the region. The forces that were there were ordered to stand down... you'd face no resistance, but you'd slaughter a lot of people in doing so given that the forces there were only working as police units to keep the place from going into anarchy. Raochin which you said you didn't care if you hit which must mean you're firing into their territory as our troops in the North retreated was also declaring that they were staying out of the conflict. So. Great job obliterating the peace talks. (Von Zak was running a coup to the south and likely had a far reduced number of troops, but slaughtering off the peace talks will likely cause his ranks to swell like an Arizona Stream bed in a flash flood!)

Edited by Zarfef

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7000 IG multiplied by the 00 rule = 700,000...

OOC: Its not the 00 its 0 I am sure the rule was soldiers x 10 not x100. Also don't forget your OOC tags.

Edit: Yep just checked it times 10 so you have 70,000 not 700,000 troops.

Edited by King Kevz

OOC: Doesn't really matter EM. I didn't RP forces going into Nod's capitol without fight. Simply that they began advancing over abandoned barricades at the Nodic border; I had, though not explicitly, treated these as abandoned ISoA posts that were then used as Nodic defenses, but the defense of Nod remains more so at the border, or a little ways in. If not, just let me know. Thanks. Also, consider your post null in void please. :) I plan on RPing a specific squadron once we get into urban combat.

IC: Resistance had come swift and dear. In an endearing display of heroism and surprise Nodic forces appeared in a hail of gunfire, unleashing a shrapnel Hell. However, all the years of training within the UMS military hadn't left them too off-guard.

"Hunker down boys! Looks like this isn't so easy now!" shouted Zemunda as his jeep pulled over behind a massive wall of tanks. In a damning position of rage and fury, the armored divisions quickly launched salvo after salvo of tipped shells as a means to give cover for the infantry.

In the back lines artillery were being set up, along with a forward command. Aircraft soared overhead, launching Sidewinder and other various missiles at the estranged defenders.

*Private to Somal*

We do NOT tolerate attacks into our territory, regardless of who your attacking. If you choose to continue this poor choice I don't give a !@#$ how many people get angry at me, we're attacking you. I don't believe you'll like the full force of aether and Raochin on you regardless of your help from the Dragon empire. Of whom I hope to be reasonable and see exactly how bad you really are and expel you from the bloc. We can always release the exact amount of our people killed in your little 'raid' on aether forces of which almost got me to attack you anyway.

IC: Following the SHARM attacks the next phase was area neutralization of the mass of smaller radar emission systems used by Aether in an effort to impede the Air attacks.

The areas where these systems are concentrated was plotted by the MERAT AWACS and MERAT ELINT aircraft patrolling the skies.

The ships of the 2 task forces launched a volley of 16 KUB cruise missiles armed with cluster munitions to take out the area targets.

The KUB cruise missiles burn in low at an altitude of 100 mts above ground. They have a variable speed of 0.5 Mach to 1 Mach. They are on a terrain hugging course to defeat counter battery. The missiles shall take a ballistic path on their final approaches and release their munitions from an altitude of 500 Mts.

With large numbers of cruise missiles from Cochin focussing on generally scattered military units:

As their forces drew in, the time was now to flip up the utilized strategies. Units were now directed by ground troops according to targets spotted according to opportunity and the anti-air and RADAR broke off and began driving every kilometer in a different direction to create random motion targets.

And UMS forces focussed and hunkered down with artillery in their rear on the Nod capital region:

"Hunker down boys! Looks like this isn't so easy now!" shouted Zemunda as his jeep pulled over behind a massive wall of tanks. In a damning position of rage and fury, the armored divisions quickly launched salvo after salvo of tipped shells as a means to give cover for the infantry.

In the back lines artillery were being set up, along with a forward command. Aircraft soared overhead, launching Sidewinder and other various missiles at the estranged defenders.

The Aether Forces under the Vons were now in position to do what it's long haul was intended for:

(Meanwhile to the South of the Aether Empire, Von Zak was hardly holding back and was plowing full force towards his military plans in defense of Nod)

And

and the tanks were still moving forward with the troops still moving at high speeds and it was now only a matter of time for them to surround UMS forces on all sides while Nod units at the front kept them busy. With the same kinds of strategies being equally useful against UMS fighters, the enemies abilities to reinforce would be deeply cut down and their units would be surrounded with almost no chance of victory and nigh on required surrender.

And

It was now a race against time and the question was whether Von Zak could keep the air-support up long enough to move in and around to surround the already tied up UMS forces.

For the entirety of the war, the UMS had only needed to fight and focus on Nod, but now using Nod as the destraction, the Vons performed their plans. Anti-air units moved into the west and used the cities and terrain of the area to minimize air-losses while providing any anti-air support they could in a westerward punch from the central region while the North and South flanks of the Aether forces curved around and... using the focussing nature of the attack by the UMS came in at an angle and hit them up from behind their artillery. The tanks would not slow in their rapid advances from both flanks guns blazing from infantry and the main cannons of the War Tzars firing away at any enemy tanks or heavily held positions as they were radioed in. With most of the forces tied up with Nod and no reinforcements known to them they would cut through the region. Secondary mini-cannons or machine guns on the War Tzars anti-tank missiles from soldiers... The Vons planned to enact a temporary revenge for the happenings in their forfeit home lands... Because they came in from the north AND the south, they would be able to cut their time for complete surrounding in half. They started by firing upon the back artillery as they went taking out one after another on the enemies exposed and weak flanks (due to focussing you left your north and south flanks wide open for movement, and while we were being struck with air-support our main battle forces would be able to still move quickly through these regions and utilize this weakness to form a front on your back end with Nod taking up the front... If surrender of the army doesn't occur, you can expect both sides to push in and fire to hit your forces from all 360 degrees within a short period of time and already a good portion of your rear has nearly this kind of problem already).

Edited by Zarfef

IC:

An open broadcast to the Nation of Nod's telecommunications network, NOD.

The Executive Minister takes the podium, to address the armed incursion by the UMS/Somal invasion force reaching the outskirts of Addis Ababa...

"Fellow citizens of the proud Nation of Nod. One month ago, I asked for your commitment, your undying loyalty and devotion to the just cause of taming the Anarchistic plight of the ISoA. For your power to be behind my words..."

"...like the responsible and fervent people you are, joined not by blood, race, or creed, but a set of ideals we all hold so dear you answered my call."

"My mission has always been to guide and lead the Nation of Nod and its citizens towards the road of peace, stability and prosperity..."

"As we speak, our Homeguard is currently engaging UMS forces West of the Kolfe district of Addis Ababa. The enemy is on our doorsteps..."

"I have hereby ordered the recall of all NoN expeditionary forces from ISoA territory in the North West... may our enemies take heed that this is neither a retreat nor surrender, but a united offensive in defence of our proud nation..."

"May our great City of Addis Ababa be a great tomb to the invaders... may the UMS suffer for every step they take in our streets, our homes..."

"May there be a tank in every alley, a sniper in every window, a machine gun nest overlooking every street..."

"Martial law has been declared.... there will be organized patrols throughout the streets... all civilians should already be in the Undercities... Pax Pacifican aid has already been distributed to the Undercity storage facilities...any and all exits to the surface will be immediately sealed from the outside and inside..."

"All military personnel are urged to fight to the last man - remember your training, and you WILL make it out alive... do not be subject to any further humiliation by surrender in this life!"

"If you suddenly find yourself alone, walking in one of our great wheat fields, do not be afraid, for you are in paradise, and are already dead!"

"General Michaelson and myself have agreed to stay on the surface, and will oversee and make sure all of our National military might be used against the invaders ourselves..."

"I am proud to have served as your leader, and I hope you would remember me as your leader, rather than a tyrant who drove you to war, should the war end, and I cease to exist..."

"With one Vision, one purpose..."

"Brotherhood, Unity, Peace..."

At the last word the EM raised his gauntleted fists to the cries of the armoured soldiers and citizens he addressed -

"Peace through Power! Peace through Power! Peace through Power! Peace through Pow-"

As the EM left the stage, General Michaelson was seen moving towards him, and whispered something in the giants ear. The EM nodded, and firmly clasped the General's hand with both of his. He then turned and, followed by the General, entered the war room of Temple Secundus.

The audience then dispersed, each soldier moved to their respective duties, each man reaffirmed in his commitments to the Nation, and most importantly its leader...

It was still to be seen if the NoN would go out with a bang or a whimper...

Edited by Executive Minister

*Private to Somal*

We do NOT tolerate attacks into our territory, regardless of who your attacking. If you choose to continue this poor choice I don't give a !@#$ how many people get angry at me, we're attacking you. I don't believe you'll like the full force of aether and Raochin on you regardless of your help from the Dragon empire. Of whom I hope to be reasonable and see exactly how bad you really are and expel you from the bloc. We can always release the exact amount of our people killed in your little 'raid' on aether forces of which almost got me to attack you anyway.

Dragon Empire Objectives:

1. Raochin and Aether will be liberated or will submit to the presence of temporary peacekeeping forces and will stop aiding Nod in Africa their preference. Which happens is based on their choices.

2. Somal forces will be reinforced as well as the forces of the newly formed Mechadamian republic to ensure they do not fall.

3. Nod will forswear all claims to Mechadamian land and all offensive operations will halt for the expansion of any of these 3 states.

If these terms are met, the war will end.

Private reply back to Roachin:

Dudes, learn to read the stuff in your own press box. From the looks of it you are already at war.

20,000 Troops have crossed the border into ISoA with 200 trucks heading towards NoN with tons of humanitarian aid for the people of Nod. If Any Sercan soldier is shot at or is killed we will declare on the shooter. This is a humanitarian effort and we will leave as soon as we are finished. But fire on us and we will fire back. The troops are armed.

3. Nod will forswear all claims to Mechadamian land and all offensive operations will halt for the expansion of any of these 3 states.

If these terms are met, the war will end.

A local pundit analyses the situation...

"Then it appears the war will never end!" the red-faced man exclaimed in a provokative tone.

"The NoN did not at any point during the Invasion of the ISoA claim any 'Mechadamian Land'... if the Dragon Empire was referring to abandoned ISoA territories within the rightful sphere of NoN influence, misguided by a newly appointed member of its organization, Somal, the same stalemate in ideologies occurs!"

*shakes his head*

"... however if they are referring to abandonned parts of ISoA territory to the far north and/or Far north-west, then the NoN should have no objections to these terms, albeit we are far too deep into this war to simply back down!

You and your murderous lot will not be acknowledged at all. The blood of five hundred and thirty three innocent men, women, and children rest in your hands.
"I would have a word with both of you... in private.. at your leisure. But currently, I need to have a word with the Head of State of Promised Land first. This type of quibbling amongst my friends will not work. I am going to be looking for answers from you both. Neither of your hands are free of blood in this matter and this tip for tap madness must be halted before the whole world comes down on you both.. something I do not want to happen. But both of your states have committed crimes against humanity and those who are responsible will be held liable. You can fight a war without these abuses and still win." - Maelstrom
There are some rumors circulating in the news and I am here to clarify them. The Dragon Empire is officially at war with Aether Empire and with the forces of Nod only. We are taking great extremes to avoid civilian casualties, provide humanitarian aid in the warzones, and to accept dignified surrenders of prisoners of war while providing them fair and proper treatment as if we had captured one of our own.

We currently condemn wartime activities engaged in by Somal involving the targeting of Civilian Centers.. their membership in the Dragon Bloc is going under review especially since they seem to be distributing misinformation about their own allies in regards to our diplomatic statuses.. over which they have no control. We also wish to condemn a possible covert attack by a nation we will not specify, that appears to have occurred resulting in the epidemic in Somal. We also have other evidence linked to this nation indicating they are engaged in other possible espionage activities in states around the world. This state shall go unnamed out of respect and we are going to attempt to resolve this matter diplomatically. We also declare that we have not, will not, and never shall attack civilian centers. It has been against our policies since the state of Dragonisia was struck by a nuclear attack against its capitol on June the 8th of 2008. We would neither do so in public or covertly.. it is simply against everything we represent and that which we are.

All humanitarian aid offers into the area will be permitted on an act of trust and faith. If materials from a specific nation are found to contain contraband we will start diverting that aid traffic, but not until such occurs. The stated objectives reviewed by Somal earlier in our behalf had changed over discussions with nations in the theater of war. We only seek to remove the governments of Nod and Aether.. and only if they seek to continue their aggression. We make this statement, if at any time our opponents put down their arms.. we will put down ours. If they do not put down their arms, we will not stop until every government leader of our opponents are rounded up in paddy wagons and carted into a prisoner of war political prison in our homeland where they can do no harm here. Once those government officials are arrested or have been removed from any form of power and influence in the region.. then we shall leave the area and let the citizens of these states choose a new destiny, one that befits their noble natures. All nations with questions or concerns.. friend or foe, may contact our diplomatic affairs office, we have stated our intent to negotiate with all sides to bring a resolution to this conflict, but so far it appears we're the only ones who are seriously at the table.

Any third party state wishing to arbitrate a solution need only name a time and place and we'll be glad to attend the talks. At this point, it appears to us our opponents do not wish to talk. If this is not the case, we wait to be corrected. Until this appears to be the case, our attacks on Aether and the state of nod will continue until our objectives are met.

I thank the press corps for the time they've given my comments, I'm now open for questions.

ooc: As a side note, removing government leaders does not mean removing players. You could change your leaders and have a new government overthrow the internal regime and if they took a peaceful footing the Empire would stop the war because technically they'd be dealing with a new state and new agendas.

Edited by Maelstrom Vortex

The first C-130's have began to land at the two designated airports with which upon arrival volunteers from Pax Pacis disembarked with a number of trucks loaded with supplies and immediatly started to drive off to deliver the vital supplies to those that needed them.

There are some rumors circulating in the news and I am here to clarify them. The Dragon Empire is officially at war with Aether Empire and with the forces of Nod only. We are taking great extremes to avoid civilian casualties, provide humanitarian aid in the warzones, and to accept dignified surrenders of prisoners of war while providing them fair and proper treatment as if we had captured one of our own.

We currently condemn wartime activities engaged in by Somal involving the targeting of Civilian Centers.. their membership in the Dragon Bloc is going under review especially since they seem to be distributing misinformation about their own allies in regards to our diplomatic statuses.. over which they have no control. We also wish to condemn a possible covert attack by a nation we will not specify, that appears to have occurred resulting in the epidemic in Somal. We also have other evidence linked to this nation indicating they are engaged in other possible espionage activities in states around the world. This state shall go unnamed out of respect and we are going to attempt to resolve this matter diplomatically. We also declare that we have not, will not, and never shall attack civilian centers. It has been against our policies since the state of Dragonisia was struck by a nuclear attack against its capitol on June the 8th of 2008. We would neither do so in public or covertly.. it is simply against everything we represent and that which we are.

All humanitarian aid offers into the area will be permitted on an act of trust and faith. If materials from a specific nation are found to contain contraband we will start diverting that aid traffic, but not until such occurs. The stated objectives reviewed by Somal earlier in our behalf had changed over discussions with nations in the theater of war. We only seek to remove the governments of Nod and Aether.. and only if they seek to continue their aggression. We make this statement, if at any time our opponents put down their arms.. we will put down ours. If they do not put down their arms, we will not stop until every government leader of our opponents are rounded up in paddy wagons and carted into a prisoner of war political prison in our homeland where they can do no harm here. Once those government officials are arrested or have been removed from any form of power and influence in the region.. then we shall leave the area and let the citizens of these states choose a new destiny, one that befits their noble natures. All nations with questions or concerns.. friend or foe, may contact our diplomatic affairs office, we have stated our intent to negotiate with all sides to bring a resolution to this conflict, but so far it appears we're the only ones who are seriously at the table.

Any third party state wishing to arbitrate a solution need only name a time and place and we'll be glad to attend the talks. At this point, it appears to us our opponents do not wish to talk. If this is not the case, we wait to be corrected. Until this appears to be the case, our attacks on Aether and the state of nod will continue until our objectives are met.

I thank the press corps for the time they've given my comments, I'm now open for questions.

Republic of Free Somal Response

We'd like to point out our initial assault on Roachin forces north of Somal targeted targets of military value. This unscrupulous propaganda being propagated by the Aether Empire and Roachin forces regarding the deliberate targeting of civilians is nonsense. In a war zone civilians are at risk of being killed, which is why its called a war zone. We resent the implications that we've targeted civilians and refute all such allegations.

OOC: Raochin and Aether agreed to the complete and total surrender of the region. The forces that were there were ordered to stand down... you'd face no resistance, but you'd slaughter a lot of people in doing so given that the forces there were only working as police units to keep the place from going into anarchy. Raochin which you said you didn't care if you hit which must mean you're firing into their territory as our troops in the North retreated was also declaring that they were staying out of the conflict. So. Great job obliterating the peace talks. (Von Zak was running a coup to the south and likely had a far reduced number of troops, but slaughtering off the peace talks will likely cause his ranks to swell like an Arizona Stream bed in a flash flood!)

OOC: :facepalms: I wasn't aware of this. Bleh... oh well thems the breaks.

IC: Mama Bob Denard officially resigns from here position as dictator for life for the Republic of Free Somal. Her son Mad Dog Bob Denard comments, "Mama was always good at making chicken, but apparently not so good at making war."

Major General Thomas Johns has established himself as the temporary military governor of Somal and will be stepping down once free elections have been held. He comments, "I've been in a lot of screw ups in my life, but this one is unbelievable. The Republic hereby withdrawals from the war and will only act in a defensive capacity until this can be unraveled."

The Republic of Free Somal soldiers currently smashing the snot out of Roachin and Aether Empire forces are given the order to withdrawal. They do so in a timely manner and make their way back across the border.

Major General Thomas Johns boards a plan to meet with Maelstrom Vortex and the representative from the Promised Land. Before boarding he dispatches the following message to Mad Dog Bob Denard, "What should we do?"

Mad Dog Bob Denard replies, "Hold free elections, defend the country, and remember your friends during this time." He is later heard saying, "Jesus, what a mess, and only my mother could manage to stir up such a cesspit."

Major General Thomas Johns asks in reply,"Will you run for office?"

"Hell no," replies Mad Dog Bob Denard.

Edited by Firestorm

IC:

...the screen once again springs to life

InnerCircle.jpg

Iago: What a charming speech your excellency! No doubt your rousing words will raise our troops' morale and cause them to fight with fervor... I have excellent news!

...like a Rabid dog unchained from its post, Somalian forces diverted attention from us towards our unfortunate allies, the Aether and the Roachinians, resulting in countless civilian deaths and collateral damage. As predicted previously, international favour has been roused and current leadership of this state has been renegged. The Somalians have widthdrawn from the war. Our patience has paid off!

EM: Good news indeed... now we may focus on the REAL enemy...what is our situation in Addis Ababa proper?

Dante: Sir, the airborne forces previously occupying the port have left only a rudimentary guard behind to keep it operational - the majority of the force has rejoined Addis Ababa's defence garrison - these are war hardened men sir, all have passed their Advanced PETs with flying colours...

EM: Hmmm most likely the only colour flying during those PETs was red, Dante... Michaelson, what of our expeditionary forces?

Michaelson: Sir, our forces have been hampered by UMS artillery and air raids...but nevertheless, they are enroute to the City.

EM: Good, Vladimir, what of the Homeguard?

Vlad: Sirs, under ideal one-to-one ratios, our Heavy Infantry and Elite Cadre forces assisted by the combined might of our recalled Mechanized Divisions are more than a match for standard UMS forces and should hold off the Western front for a while our ally, Von Zak has commited his rebel forces to our cause - projected analysis predicts however that Addis Ababa will fall within 2 months - we simply cannot hold back three waves of 200 000 men with 65 000 of our own, even if aided by remnants of Aether infantry and mechanized forces...

The men have fought bravely so far... Kolfe District is under siege at the moment, our forces have not withered under enemy fire but are woefully outnumbered... soon the UMS will nodoubt be utilizing their obvious air superiority... I recommend keeping all air power in storage in the Undercities to prevent unnecessary losses...

EM: Granted... we might need them later, should we survive this abominal mess. Keep only the Ravager fleet (OOC: anti-tank gunships, like Hinds) operational, and even then keep them low to the ground in the streets - the UMS should see them as hovering tanks - any caught higher than roof-top level will most-likely be targets for enemy Superiority Fighters...

Very well, The Dragon Bloc has seen the light and has reeled in Somal...they have asked for our prescence at an undisclosed conference with Mechadamia... I cannot go, my presence is required here, with the populace... who shall we send?

Iago: I propose sending Minister Nyani, her expertise in persuasion and barganing will prove useful...she is also extremely well versed in counter-intelligence and espionage...

EM: Do not get any ideas Iago, this will be a PURELY diplomatic mission. She will go to the conference, assess its suitability to our nation's needs and keep in contact with me, that is all...

Brotherhood, Unity, Peace

All: Peace through Power

To the Nodic Forces in Question,

This charade has gone on long enough. We refuse to advance any further into your territory as a measure of your citizens' safety and suffering. However... you have given us little choice. The city of Addis Abba is seemingly your prized jewel, a place where once before a great battle had taken place. To lose such a great city in a seemingly nonsensical destruction makes little to no sense, let alone fighting over quarreled land.

Your allies in the Aether Empire cannot help you. Our reconnaissance planes and units have detected them well in advance and our forces are prepared to meet them. Lest you forget we have roughly 300,000 soldiers in that region, compared to your 70,000. This is, by all accounts, a numbers game. For the sake of your citizens, and your hasted ally, I beseech you to publicly declare a cease fire, which will be met graciously so we can sit down for a peace convention.

We do not wish to destroy you... that was never the goal. We have, essentially, completed our mission in diverting your invasive forces back into your home region. I urge you to accept this cease fire so we can convene for peace.

If you wish to continue this war, however...

Our BrahMos IIs will slam into your prized Addis Abba, leaving it in a sweltering ash, never seeing the light of day again. You have left us little choice, and these are the repercussions of your possible actions.

If you, or your leading commanders, wish for peace to ensue, by tomorrow's first light have your forces who are entrenched against our front shoot nonlethal flares into the sky, and subsequently raise a white flag to solidify that no more bloodshed needs bleeding.

Signed,

Grand Patriarch Pelee Shoustin

[...]

Zemunda stood atop his tank, binoculars cupped in his clasped fists, as a hail of gunfire had continued to sizzle past both lines. Though it wasn't nearly as chaotic and hectic as before, he knew that they couldn't be stuck in this position far too longer with the threat of a flanking force arrive due north. In his shaded view he could see a Nodic soldier gasping for breath as a bullet squeezed into his chest cavity, blood profusely oozing out.

"Incoming RPG!" a startled voice shouted. Zemunda looked to his right as an RPG round whistled buy and slammed into the side of an armored jeep, tearing it apart. Shrapnel flew everywhere in its wake as men scurried out of the way. His eyes met the stare of one lonely private as what was the former door of the jeep literally heaved in half. The medics could do very little for him as they scrambled around him.

"Patriarch... an issue has been sent by the Grand Patriarch. We are to look for signal flares, and then white flags, by tomorrow morning. This signifies a cease fire. If it doesn't occur by tomorrow, the Grand Patriarch himself ordered we enact Operation Extermination," Callin stated to St. George. Callin was the leading commander in this war and had been with St. George since childhood. Needless to say, Callin was a voracious women who had all the physical attractions of a female, but the mentality of a brute. However, it never stopped St. George from falling love with her those five years prior.

"Operativa Exterminata... have the reserve artillery begin loading the heavy pounders, tanks loading the higher explosives, and infantry being ordered to shoot to kill once enacted. Off to!" the Patriarch announced. Callin immediately saluted and and jumped atop her jeep and rode away to the back lines to follow her orders.

St. George looked back toward the Nodic defense lines and simply said, coldly and sternly... "Let's dance." Artillery began ringing out more shells as the HMGs holding the line were finally unleashed, launching a terrible barrage of various high calibers that would tear even the sturdiest body armor. St. George had hoped, at least, that these tripodal emplacements would deter the Nodic forces from pursuing any organized charge or, for that matter, declining the cease fire.

"Purgatory units! Release your salvos on my count! 3...2...1!" There was a great roar of orders coming down from captains to their squadrons within the Purgatory lines. The Purgatory units were the extreme heavy teams, holding grenade launchers, guiding systems, and advance rocket propelled grenades. Screeching rockets flew across the dead field toward the Nodic lines as red lights set coordinates.

In an instant several bombs, bunker busters to be precise, emerged through the skies as the Pegasuses flew overhead, undetected and responding to the acquired coordinates. However, as one man set his coordinates, a sniper bullet pierced his head, leaving his arterial matter all over the vehicle behind. Blood seeped our of his expanse as the coordinates set a designation fairly close to the Mechodamian lines.

Screams began crying out as men were trying to get their comrades to get the Hell down, but the ones who didn't listen were thrown back in the shock wave of the bombs. Zemunda sighed at the sight of this and could only frown. Medics frantically approached the victims and some were more gruesome than others. A few men got lucky with only an entire set of fractured ribs, whereas another man, upon detonation of the bomb, threw a rock into his face, crushing his face and entire skull, killing him instantly...

[OOC: I'm gone this weekend, so the PM is a no go. I set up something that could go either way though. :) ]

Edited by SpacingOutMan

OOC: :awesome: Well done, SOM, however, you have officially 'brought it' in terms of RP quality, therefore I am forced to accept your challenge and will respond with an RP of my own... the war will continue, all beit I will hold off after this post to respect your absense... I hope others will do the same until you make a post moving the plot forwards when you return...I think Maelstrom's conference will be the end...gotta squeeze as much epicness from this urban conflict as we can before talks start

IC:

Jannus.jpg

...Janus and Mertens were breathing heavily, their footsteps silent amidst the chaos of the distant battle around them. They had been airlifted from the South Eastern front, being told that they would take part in the 'Second Battle of Addis Ababa'...

The pair made it to their designated way-point, 'Kolfe Square', currently a mass of debris and rubble - a shell of its former self. The air was thick with smoke and dust, everywhere the two looked, the men had their NBC gear on and were either entrenching themselves amonst the ruins or busily rushing back and forth.

Their position was a ways behind the main Western front - their objectives were to assist the black-carapaced Heavy Infantry in their defence of the district - their current attachment was manning a 'fall-back' position for the Brethern currently involved in the fighting.

"Miltant Sgt. Mertens and Cell reporting for duty sir! Orders?" Mertens was addressing a tall man clad in the ornate armour of an Elite Cadre Commander.

"This Cabal has been assigned as the Secondary Defensive position! Place your 'Torrent' in the room to the right... you will be part of a fire suppression net for any of our Brethren falling back, co-ordinate your fire with the neighbouring apartment - I want no enemy to get through..." the man had a deep voice, his mannerisms not unlike a modern version of a medieval crusader.

Janus looked up, and saw a Heavy Infantry sniper aiming the large 'Perforator' Rifle at an unknown target in the distance through a ruined window.

"I've got a shot, appears to be a fire-support co-ordinator-" a sharp crack rang out through the block as the man fired, killing a man that Janus could not even see.

Current wars have no honour! Janus thought to himself, killing a man from a mile away - despicable... wars should be fought up close, so your enemy can know who killed him!'

Janus' thoughts were interrupted by Mertens, "Come on, lets go - I hear this guy summarily executes his subordinates for cowardice..."

As sounds of the battle drew closer and closer, the sounds of distant explosions dotted the atmosphere. The room the Commander was referring to was essentially a destroyed kitchen, remnants of dinner could still be seen on the overturned table. The men set up their position underneath a precariously-made arch of rubble...

The sounds of approaching tanks was heard in the vicinity, and Janus looked back to see two 'Defender' tanks set up positions behind the twin apartments (OOC: sound familiar? As I said SOM, feel free to take snippets from my earlier post), their AH-DM positions covering the street between them and the apartments. As Janus watched, several loud explosions rocked the forward positions behind him in the distance...

"Bunker-busters..." Mertens said, "We sure as hell can't let any of those hit the Undercity..." Janus was silent and watched the distant conflict infront of him intently...

Suddenly, the Commander spoke.

"Prepare to accept our forces, they have been forced to fall back, I DO NOT WANT ANY FRIENDLY FIRE DUE TO COWARDICE! CONTROL YOURSELVES, SAVE THE AMMUNITION FOR THE ENEMY!"

Janus looked down, the Commander was right, his hands were shaking as Janus slowly released the catch of his gun...

"Look!" Mertens whispered, placing a hand on Janus' shoulder. As he said that several Devastators and Defenders were headed towards them - accompanying were several squads of infantry, some holding wounded and dying men, all of them had their previously black armour and uniforms covered in soot and dust.

"WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE! WE GOTTA PULL BACK SIR!" one of the light infantry had raced to the side of the Commander and was pleading with him to surrender.

"Militant Sgt! Control yourself..." the Commander said with much restraint, his hand moving ominously towards his sidearm...

"I CANT! NOT WHEN IM ABOUT TO DIE! THIS WHOLE ENTIRE WAR WAS A COMPLETE MISTAKE SIR! THE MECHADAMIANS SAID THEY'D LET US LIVE IF WE SHOT FLARES -" Mertens interrupted the conversation held below them with a comment to Janus, "Ohhhh !@#$, that guy is so dead man!"

"- PLEASE SIR WE DONT HAVE TO DIE! WE DONT HAVE T-" a shot rang out amongst the crowd of hurrying men, the Commander had shot the Sergeant and was holding a now smoking pistol. The previously screaming man had been silenced by a single shot to the forehead, his arms, previously imploring the Commander for a cease-fire, were stuck in a 'I surrender' stance above his now profusely bleeding head... with rigormortis soon to take over, he would become an eternal monument to cowardice.

More rumbling could be heard, this time to the right of Janus' position - a platoon of 'Chaperone Light Tanks' had taken up a hidden position behind a ridge overlooking the street leading to the apartments, where they could ambush any of the now advancing UMS...

Without saying another word or giving any attention towards the slain man, the Commander turned around and addressed his men in the ruined apartments and surrounding block - "Prepare for battle Gentlemen...lets fetch us some dog-tags!"

Addis Ababa, Nation of Nod

Brotherhood of Mol Detachment

Archon Roe and his team slip into the city via various military convoys, using the Brotherhood of Nod's own uniforms. They approach a bombed out building and take refuge in it, setting up a sniper perch and Machine Gun nest for protection.

"Archon, you are cleared to gather intel. Also, take this rifle. If you see an officer....Strike him down. And finally...." The soldier says, handing over some sort of projector.

"What is this soldier?" Roe ask.

"Grandmaster has given you this to send a message. Do so when you can." The soldier says before taking overwatch on the street.

Edited by Comrade

ooc: I say once everyone gets a last post in we hold off til the conference and SoM returns to attend it if he chooses to. If he doesn't.. the Empire may be doing an even greater flip-flop in its participation in this war.

Final preparations for the North Africa Reorganization conference are being made. It is to be in Bengaluru India. The conference will begin as soon as delegates from each nation arrive. A hotel has been established with free stay for our guests and free accommodations. The international media will be allowed to be present, but will be restricted from the main negotiations hall. Security will be extremely tight, your individual welfare is guaranteed. Do not attempt to smuggle weapons if you attend, we will be doing a scan and possibly a search for weapons on all delegations for the sake of the safety and stability of the conference.

Imperial forces are in stand down mode, assisting the injured and helping to rebuild some infrastructure in the areas they are currently occupying in southern Arabia and North Aether. We have not yet invaded Nod or Southern Aether yet on the premise we believe we can bring this war to a conclusion satisfactory to all without further bloodshed or invasions. The Air Forces have been ordered to CAP no-fly zone status only over Imperial Occupied areas. Raochin's domains which currently host Imperial troops are NOT under martial law, they are still under DOMESTIC LOCAL sovereignty and we will not be interfering with their enforcing the peace. Imperial troops have been ordered to act in compliance with Raochin local law so long as they are hosted in that country. We are grateful to Raochin for their tolerance of our presence during this trying time and we apologize strongly for the intrusion. We will make sure your state gets a strong dose of aid for its assistance.

ooc: Congratulations to all participants, as so far this is the best done war RP I've yet seen in CNRP.

We would very much like to attend this conference but given certain circumstances, however, the Nodic forces do not feel the need to accept the cease fire. Your intervention is not necessary as NAPO will likely settle any disputed territory. The UMS has a rational post-war plan to help prevent any more "land grabs" by granting sea access to the Nodic region. Once peace is achieved, assuming the Nods do not run themselves into oblivion, we will formally accept them as a region and provide the rebuilding support that is deemed necessary after any and all wars.

This is not to say, however, that we do not wish to seek help in this situation as it is very dicey as the entire world watches. We accept this conference, but will not attend until the Nods agree to. Why attend a peace council without the other party present? We offered them a cease fire, and they declined. They know they can surrender at any point, but Addis Abba shall be their reckoning point.

Signed,

Grand Patriarch Pelee Shoustin

OOC: EM, before I post my next war post (since I don't leave until tomorrow), do you happen to have a map of Addis Abba by any chance? Or are we going to free swing it?

Edited by SpacingOutMan

RE: Mechadamia

"Nod has already indicated their intent to attend. If you wish to we can open the conference up to a broader venue and include the representatives of NAPO as authorized attendants. The conference is Flexible. We had invited you and Nod most directly because you were the ones who were the most tied into this conflict and the key to settling it on a permanent basis. Let us know what you would like to change regarding the conference and if it is not an extremely absurd request we will try to accomodate it." - Anthony Davis

As we had the most stake in this war and were, essentially, the arbiters of the counter-response, we will attend the meeting in the stead of NAPO. However, a cease fire is seemingly out of order. Regardless, our highest foreign affairs envoy shall arrive at the conference in due time. When is this conference expected to be held?