Europe....The Liberation of all Peoples

The Confederation

Pascal Couchepin has arrived representing the Swiss People. After spending the past ten years under the rule of the nords he was finally relieved that soon he and his people would among brothers...

OOC: Received permission.

Edited by iamthey

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ooc: who to pm about joining the meeting? I think that since the CEU nations lost the war (before sumer chimes in saying we were saved. that's not an issue, so please don’t bring it up kthxbai.) There should be some influence from the European countries who were on the winning side of the war, especially since the outcome of these meetings can effect all Europe.

Edit: in hindsight it was stupid of me to post asking who to pm. I should have sent a pm to the op. /fail.

OOC: I personally say that this should be a matter of who won or lost. This is more of a cleanup thing.

IC: I do not see why Slavorussia should be prevented from participating as an observer. Of course, Lord Tanzband can veto my opinions.

- Monika Speer

OOC: I'm assuming that due to Bavaria, I'm invited, too.

IC:

For the hell of it, and because he was bored, King Maximilian III., Patriarch of the house of Thurn&Taxis would go to this event, rather quickly at that.

OOC: Indeed, you have a vote on if the ethnic group should be liberated or not :P

Jacob von Pieters walked into Tanzband Castle. He stood 6 foot, 6 inches tall. He had short, shiny dirty blond hair and dark blue eyes. He walked strongly in his jet black military uniform and regalia, followed by two advisors. He had turned 19 the week before, just inheriting the title of Protector of the Flems from his father, Bruno Haigerloch, after his untimely death. But his father had been grooming him for leadership since a young age, teaching him the arts of warfare, peacetime management, and the ways of the Flems.

His cousin had invited him to this conference. In this aftermath, true leaders must rise to lead their people. This is exactly why von Pieters had been invited.

"My cousin!" He said excitedly as he approach Tanzband. They had not seen each other since von Pieters was a child. "Thank you for inviting me to this great conference. You will not be disappointed."

Jacob von Pieters walked into Tanzband Castle. He stood 6 foot, 6 inches tall. He had short, shiny dirty blond hair and dark blue eyes. He walked strongly in his jet black military uniform and regalia, followed by two advisors. He had turned 19 the week before, just inheriting the title of Protector of the Flems from his father, Bruno Haigerloch, after his untimely death. But his father had been grooming him for leadership since a young age, teaching him the arts of warfare, peacetime management, and the ways of the Flems.

His cousin had invited him to this conference. In this aftermath, true leaders must rise to lead their people. This is exactly why von Pieters had been invited.

"My cousin!" He said excitedly as he approach Tanzband. They had not seen each other since von Pieters was a child. "Thank you for inviting me to this great conference. You will not be disappointed."

Jacob! Little Cousin! How are you!?! It has been too long...what news do you have of the western spheres?"

Vega decided it is time to submit his nation's request for land:

"Good evening, my fellow Europeans. I am here representing the people of LĂĽbeck, and we believe it is time for us to have a true home in Europe again. Of course, we have been away from Europe for so long, that we have learnt and discovered new things, however, we desire to return to our true home, that being in the North of Europe. I therefore wish to submit the following claims:

denbeck.png

Of course, as you can see, this includes Denmark, Schleswig-Holstein, Hamburg, Bornholm and SkĂĄneland. Now let me just say, these are lands which have a majority LĂĽbeckian ethnic group, and therefore, it is thereby natural for us to request these lands. From our current location, we shall be keeping Ascension Island, and the Tristan da Cunha and the Comoros Island Groups, due to their cultural importance to LĂĽbeck. We wish to learn what the fate of these claims will be."

Vega then stepped down, and sat at his seat.

While it may not be my place to speak out at this particular moment, I feel that it is not in the best interests of Europe, nor of the people of that region to have so much territory come under rule of Lubeck. The people of southern Sweden are not of the ethnicity which is claimed by Vega, in fact I feel it is a stretch to include all of Denmark in such an ethnicity, however I will not oppose that as there ought to be some unity to the Danish realms, and Lubeck is most likely the best candidate for such a union.

"The French delegation formally requests that all areas where French speakers form a majority of the local population be granted independence as a consolidated sovereign French state.

"Now, if I may, I too dispute the factual accuracy of Lubeck's ethnic claims. It is our understanding that much of the territories requested are populated by peoples distinct from that of Lubeck. Upon the principles of national self determination we must therefore voice our objection to all Lubeckian territorial claims beyond Schleswig-Holstein. We recognise that Lubeck have a valid claim on the entirety of Schleswig-Holstein, however.

"Furthermore, it is a fact that Lubeck is now a South American power. While the French nation have no quarrels with Lubeck, I nevertheless feel obliged to question the wisdom in permitted foreign powers from further encroaching upon the soils of Europe."

A messenger sifted through the crowd to locate the honorable Judge Griffin of the Polish people. He was to be led to a private conference room.

Representatives of Bavaria, Greater Croatia and Albert Tanzband sat at a long table.

"Take a seat..."

Tanzband gestured toward a large staff chair.

"Tell me the condition of the Polish people..."

In a fairly baritone voice that has a distinct polish accent, Judge Griffin spoke.

"The condition of the Polish people is one of unity. We want a Polish state for a united polish people. They feel there is no one else that can rule over the Polish people and would be greatly displeased if they were ruled by another ethnic group."

"The Polish people are one of great tradition...what of their lines of nobility? What is the condition of Krakow (the cultural capital of Poland)?"

There are currently many great lines of nobility that are still living today, from the Radziwiłł family to the Czartoryski to the Raczyńscy family. Kraków is in a state of prosperity. Many artists, architects and composers are finding their way to Kraków to find inspiration for their own work and to help make Kraków a continuing cultural center.

Nobility in our state will not be of political important due to our plan to institute a democracy, however they will hold the nominal positions as stated by their family which hold no political authority.

"Please elaborate on the system of government that you wish to create. What makes your authority and thinking applicable to the Polish majority? What do you expect--in the next 10 years to be the top five policy stances required of this elected Polish government? What ideology do the Polish majority seem to be tilting toward?"

"Please elaborate on the system of government that you wish to create. What makes your authority and thinking applicable to the Polish majority? What do you expect--in the next 10 years to be the top five policy stances required of this elected Polish government? What ideology do the Polish majority seem to be tilting toward?"

The system of government will be a representative democracy in nature. There will be a President, and an appointed Council of Ministers to be headed by a Prime Minister. There will be a bicameral National Assembly with the Senate of 100 members to be voted in by universal ballot and the Sejm of 460 members to be voted in proportional representation. Our authority and thinking will be based of the Polish peoples wants and needs. Due to the system of government, the people do truly control who is in power and who is not. If their thinking changes, so will the government to suit their needs. In the next ten years, I forsee education, the justice system, transportation, lowering crime rates and redefining our legal system as a possible top 5 policies elected Polish government officials will need a stance.The ideology we are leaning towards seems to be of moderate classical liberalism where there is more of a free market, support for natural rights, and limited government.

Tanzband leaned back in his chair and looked at the ceiling.

"My old Länder...I wish the Polish people well...I really do. Could you please procure a map of the area in question? "

Judge Griffin pulls out a wrinkled sheet of paper with a bit of shading on it.

CNRPterritory.png

"This is the area in question." As Judge Griffin points to the purple shading.