Europe....The Liberation of all Peoples

The Confederation

"I wish to provide the following map showing the Ethnic Make-up of the region in question, that being Scandinavia/Northern Europe:"

DenmarkEthnic.png

"If you look at it, we could possibly even expand our claims to include Kalmar and Gotland, yet I will let you decide whether those lands should also be considered part of the great nation of Lübeck or not."

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"I support Lübeck's claims to southern Sweden. In my time of leadership, censuses stated that a majority of the population down there considered themselves Danish, I would even support their claims in taking Gotland and Kalmar, but that is up to you guys. In my time, the island of Gotland has always pushed for self-rule, but only one person has ever stepped up to rule, and that turned out very badly."

Conti's sovereignty over Brittany has been established and asserted by this this agreement with Scotland, then the Proxian Empire.

Our relations with Normandie remain cordial and friendly.

st-malo-brittany.jpg

OOC: Of course folks in Normandie will never acknowledge that Bretagne is just way more beautiful :P

OOC: I've never been to either, but I do know that the guy from Bretagne was a complete badass.

It was a bad idea to insult France near him. :ph34r:

"Then it's agreed that Danish ethnic lands will be covered...however it is unnerving that you would hold such a stranglehold on the Jutland area. Would you be willing to place all ports and 5 kilometer shipping lanes in the area to be placed under CEU authority and established as a no-tax special economic zone?"

"As long as the ports/shipping lanes are still considered ours, then we shall agree to this, however, our only real reservation is Nordheim, that nation, and the founders hold a belief that we Lübeckians find... disturbing, we therefore will grant you CEU free access through the shipping lanes, as long as either a heavy tax, or a ban is placed on Nordheim shipping. I hope that you can understand why I am requesting this."

"In the future of the world, old grudges have no place. The Nordheimers are current working for their penance to the world. I would not support such a tax or banning....no...every nation in the world now acts as an equal. No matter if you are European, Asian, African, Former-Nordlander and Coalition member. We are all members of this world, and the restriction on trade will only bring old grudges back to head. Something that we cannot afford..."

"However, to our knowledge, they have made NO apology for their actions to Lübeck, and the war-crimes committed during their occupation of the lands, while in exile, we had a perpetual ban on Nordland for their denial of their crimes. We would love to move on, yet first, we need Nordheim to admit responsibility for the crimes committed towards Lübeck, that way, we can get closure on the matter."

DeWitt has had a sudden medical condition related to his heart and was forced to go to the hospital. Another representative will not be sent and he will not be returning to the conference.

Fortunately, the heart condition was a false alarm and he has returned to the conference.

"However, to our knowledge, they have made NO apology for their actions to Lübeck, and the war-crimes committed during their occupation of the lands, while in exile, we had a perpetual ban on Nordland for their denial of their crimes. We would love to move on, yet first, we need Nordheim to admit responsibility for the crimes committed towards Lübeck, that way, we can get closure on the matter."

"That is understandable...soon we shall call a conference between your nation and Nordheim so we can finally gain some results and mend what has happened in the past. I think it's agreed to allow the people of Lübeck to return to their homes?"

DeWitt heard the word Netherlanders and stood up. He was, of course, representing the people of the Netherlands, Belgium and Luxembourg. He walked forward, dusted his shoulder and bowed to the CEU representatives.

"My name is Dirk DeWitt. I am fifty four years of age, and I represent the Dutch, Walloons, Flemish and Luxembourgers. I have worked for thirty four years to build bridges between these four groups of people. My entire life, as was my fathers and his fathers and his fathers lives, has been spent working with these four groups of people. While they have been under the rule of different rules for thousands of years, I can say for certain that now is the time for unification. I am in the highest circles of cultural unions within the four - they call me "Master DeWitt", although I refuse to accept such a title. I apologize if I seem egotistical," he said, smiling slightly.

"I was sent on behalf of all four groups to talk independence. Unity."

DeWitt heard the word Netherlanders and stood up. He was, of course, representing the people of the Netherlands, Belgium and Luxembourg. He walked forward, dusted his shoulder and bowed to the CEU representatives.

"My name is Dirk DeWitt. I am fifty four years of age, and I represent the Dutch, Walloons, Flemish and Luxembourgers. I have worked for thirty four years to build bridges between these four groups of people. My entire life, as was my fathers and his fathers and his fathers lives, has been spent working with these four groups of people. While they have been under the rule of different rules for thousands of years, I can say for certain that now is the time for unification. I am in the highest circles of cultural unions within the four - they call me "Master DeWitt", although I refuse to accept such a title. I apologize if I seem egotistical," he said, smiling slightly.

"I was sent on behalf of all four groups to talk independence. Unity."

This sounds very promising, what do you plan to do with the territory once handed over? Meaning Government, Diplomatic Policy, etc.

This sounds very promising, what do you plan to do with the territory once handed over? Meaning Government, Diplomatic Policy, etc.

"To promote unity in the face of politicians wanting to advance their own people over another, a council has been planned. The Council of Twelve will have three diplomatically elected politicians from each area and all twelve will meet together. There they will work out the more important details - one man from each area will form a subcouncil, so we will have four three-man subcouncils. These will then appoint people to delegate to and they will work out each of the problems that comes before them. Most power will be local: only diplomacy, war, and interstate decisions goes to the Council of Twelve."

DeWitt set his briefcase on a table and snapped it open. "As for diplomacy, we are unique. While we do not fully endorse many of the protectionist policies of the CEU, we understand that it is within our best interests - and Europes too - to join. We are not afraid to voice ourselves and even put ourselves in diplomatically compromising positions, but at the same time we will not be going around playing the Devil's advocate." He pulled out several papers in several languages and placed them on the table showing local reactions to recent worldwide events.

"As for our military, we know that even through our differences we can band together for protection and survival. A small, experimental armed forces between the four have already been produced at less than one thousand men and has run as smooth as can be desired - but with the new CEU, we did not attempt to make it official for fear of breaking any laws. It would not be hard to find willing men and women to serve." He smiled and put blueprints for classified F-46 fighter planes, Dutch-made, on top of several other classified reports. "Not to mention we would take advantage of already in-place, older Nordic installations."

"As for economics, I'm afraid it isn't one of my strong points but I believe that while we cannot be self-sufficient our small size and diminished population makes it easier on us all to fulfill all of our needs."

"Is there not already a Flem attending to solely represent the group?"

"A boy barely of nineteen years of age with no experience who is only here due to his father being dead. I hate to be so blunt, but the Flemish people do not need a nineteen year old boy with almost no experience dealing with them nor their neighbors and I am quite sure that had the Flems wanted him to go ahead of me I would not have these," he said haughtily and rushed, pulling out several highly-adorned letters out and plopping them on the table. He took a moment, then, "I apologize for speaking rudely, but I have been working with the Flemish and more for this boy's life and a half! While I respected his father, the boy is not qualified to speak for anybody. I am as Flemish as he is - and more - and I was sent by the Flemish instead of being invited here by his cousin." He wiped his forehead and sighed.

OOC:

DenmarkEthnic.png

I see what you did there. :P

Also, thought I'd point something out - Flemish and Dutch both speak the same language; Walloon are French-speaking, and so are many Luxembourgish (who also speak German and their own language) - IRL Belgium actually has French, Dutch and German as official languages (though they are regional), so Sargun's request is most definitively not surreal.