The Future of the NPO

Daimos

NSO, TLC, STA. Read your Planet Bob history as to some of the rationale. If I led NPO however, I would also avoid it. While signing treaties will be a priority once the war is over and terms have expired, Frostbite is a new, likely aggressive bloc in the near future and NPO will be ill placed there. A conservative FA approach, avoid war for a while would be best.

This really is a genius prediction to make because if you're wrong, most people will forget about it right away. But if you're right, you'll get to look like a master prognosticator by correctly predicting something so improbable.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What will be of the NPO after this war?

Despite rumors to the contrary NPO has always been a normal alliance like any other. This war only removes the illusion that this was ever not the case.

Through political skill whether through carrot or stick they were able to maintain themselves at the center of the universe. That will no longer be the case. And after this war they probably will find it a welcome relief. They can look after themselves and their own issues rather than bickering sets of grand coalitions they have been party to for a long while.

What kind of changes do you see the NPO will do after this war?

I don't expect any coups. But doubtless a changing of the guard as some will be worn out and perhaps ready to move on from the game. I expect like NpO they will be quiet and good neighbors as they rebuild and get through whatever terms are imposed on them.

Will the NPO play a role on the next war? If so, in what capacity?

They will probably still be isolated. But a big enough goliath that both sides will court them as that war approaches. Nothing like new enemies to mend wounds between old enemies.

Will there be an alliance that is willing to sign a treaty with the NPO, If so, which ones?

With the death of red exclusivity new red alliances not formed with the explicit purpose of poking NPO's eye will look to NPO. The one thing NPO does well is diplomacy even if they dropped the ball in this last war. They will be slow in getting new treaties but they will come. And once the next war ramps up perhaps with alliances that may surprise someone looking at the landscape now.

Do you see any Karma alliance being allied with the NPO? If so, who and why?

Yes. Too early to tell who

Will the NPO seek vengeance? If so, which alliance(s)?

With the entire world against them in this war any war they are in which they are victorious could be termed "vengeance." With the current treaty web there is no vengeance to be had. Just a chance they might be on a winning coalition against (and with) some of the alliance they are not terribly fond of now.

Will the NPO disband?

No. They have a strong internal community that spans games. They can survive with a moribund CN.

Will there be a leadership change in the NPO?

Probably. But it will be evolutionary rather than revolutionary.

Do you want to see a leadership change in the NPO? If so? Who do you want to lead it?

Can't say I care much. Their alliance. Their business.

What kind of political influence the NPO have left towards the CN community? Do they still have any?

Like NpO this war they will be a wildcard come next. But until the new order emerges they will remain fairly isolated.

Edited by Taget

Despite rumors to the contrary NPO has always been a normal alliance like any other. This war only removes the illusion that this was ever not the case.

Through political skill whether through carrot or stick they were able to maintain themselves at the center of the universe. That will no longer be the case. And after this war they probably will find it a welcome relief. They can look after themselves and their own issues rather than bickering sets of grand coalitions they have been party to for a long while.

I don't expect any coups. But doubtless a changing of the guard as some will be worn out and perhaps ready to move on from the game. I expect like NpO they will be quiet and good neighbors as they rebuild and get through whatever terms are imposed on them.

They will probably still be isolated. But a big enough goliath that both sides will court them as that war approaches. Nothing like new enemies to mend wounds between old enemies.

With the death of red exclusivity new red alliances not formed with the explicit purpose of poking NPO's eye will look to NPO. The one thing NPO does well is diplomacy even if they dropped the ball in this last war. They will be slow in getting new treaties but they will come. And once the next war ramps up perhaps with alliances that may surprise someone looking at the landscape now.

Yes. Too early to tell who

With the entire world against them in this war any war they are in which they are victorious could be termed "vengeance." With the current treaty web there is no vengeance to be had. Just a chance they might be on a winning coalition against (and with) some of the alliance they are not terribly fond of now.

No. They have a strong internal community that spans games. They can survive with a moribund CN.

Probably. But it will be evolutionary rather than revolutionary.

Can't say I care much. Their alliance. Their business.

Like NpO this war they will be a wildcard come next. But until the new order emerges they will remain fairly isolated.

Finally, someone of like minds with myself.

If I've said it once I've said it a million times -- if Dad manages to burn the place down, he's going in a nursing home. I think his senility is just too great to allow for normal human interaction.

You burned my house and left me for dead. Consider us even.

thebestbatvillainsrasal.jpg

Finally, someone of like minds with myself.

Want to know something amusing? His answers are quite similiar to my own. Interesting to see an NPO member agreeing that there will be some form of leadership change.

IO's will stay in place, there will be only one change, that is if that man is willing to make the sacrifice for his alliance.

Want to know something amusing? His answers are quite similiar to my own. Interesting to see an NPO member agreeing that there will be some form of leadership change.

IO's will stay in place, there will be only one change, that is if that man is willing to make the sacrifice for his alliance.

I think he was agreeing with the bolded parts, not the idea of any leadership change. It might be hard for some of you to understand, but we like our Emperor and we support him fully.

I think he was agreeing with the bolded parts, not the idea of any leadership change. It might be hard for some of you to understand, but we like our Emperor and we support him fully.

I never said otherwise. In fact somewhere I even stated that if such happened it would be due to him stepping down on his own.

Just to clarify. I meant leadership in general, not the top dog. War tends to wear people down with it's high demands on time and effort, especially in the leadership level. Thus once the crisis has passed wouldn't surprise me to see a few people move on.

Just to clarify. I meant leadership in general, not the top dog. War tends to wear people down with it's high demands on time and effort, especially in the leadership level. Thus once the crisis has passed wouldn't surprise me to see a few people move on.

I've been doing this for almost 6 years now. If the terms require a banishment of IOs it would be a nice break.

I've been doing this for almost 6 years now. If the terms require a banishment of IOs it would be a nice break.

You guys could always just step down and take a break from it. You see it happen in many other alliances, except in NPO where once you are in power you are always in power because they just add more IO's and IA's.

You guys could always just step down and take a break from it. You see it happen in many other alliances, except in NPO where once you are in power you are always in power because they just add more IO's and IA's.

That is not and has never been our practice. Those Imperial Officers, or Senators, as they were once in the past on another world, who are no longer active, step down. It is as simple as that.

That is not and has never been our practice. Those Imperial Officers, or Senators, as they were once in the past on another world, who are no longer active, step down. It is as simple as that.

Sure seems to be a recipe for clutter and it seems like it diminishes the prominence of being an IO if the number of them is almost always growing.

Yes, they step down when they decide and is there a cap to the amount of them that there can be at any one time?

Yes, they step down when they decide and is there a cap to the amount of them that there can be at any one time?

The number of Imperial Officers are at the discretion and will of the Emperor.

Edited by Bilrow

*snip

I'm confident that Ivan has already thought about...why? Because I'm thinking it now, and I've not seen a move yet that Ivan has made that I would not have. That's a compliment by the way, I have been impressed by him. He's lived up to his legend.

Yes this is a bit late, but I LOL'd hard @ the above.

You sir, are not even fit to carry Ivan's jockstrap. Comparing yourself to him? How absurd!

If you are looking longer term and assuming that NPO actually gets peace and someday exits terms, the fit is a natural one and I'm confident that Ivan has already thought about...why? Because I'm thinking it now, and I've not seen a move yet that Ivan has made that I would not have. That's a compliment by the way, I have been impressed by him. He's lived up to his legend.

You must not be referring to his posting style in this bit.

Sure seems to be a recipe for clutter and it seems like it diminishes the prominence of being an IO if the number of them is almost always growing.

You and I, I suppose, Ragashingo, have a different definition of "stepping down."

They step down when they decide, or when the Emperor decides. There has not been a cap, but tradition has suggested what our numbers should be.

The number of Imperial Officers are at the discretion and will of the Emperor.

As is the number of Imperial Advisors which has risen quite a bit right? Just how many IO's and IA's are there?

You and I, I suppose, Ragashingo, have a different definition of "stepping down."

They step down when they decide, or when the Emperor decides. There has not been a cap, but tradition has suggested what our numbers should be.

Tradition? Tradition is but a tool to be used or discarded by those in power. If he was to need more IO's for any reason he would make them and tradition be damned, right?

What will be of the NPO after this war?

a major alliance! but a somewhat isolated entity that is only treatied to a select few alliances that have shown incredible loyalty, and which we would now die for.

What kind of changes do you see the NPO will do after this war?

a dramatic change of policy from treaties for power to treaties for friendships, with maybe a few strategic treaties chucked in to put us back in the political world.

Will the NPO play a role on the next war? If so, in what capacity?

if we are involved in the next war it will most likely be about us, or one of the sides trying to get us on there side rather then the enemies. Then again we might still be in viet pacifica at that stage and use the next conflict as a way out of the situation.

Will there be an alliance that is willing to sign a treaty with the NPO, If so, which ones?

of course, we were and will be a major part of this game and only time will tell how the new citadel led cn evolves and will determine i imagine where we will end up going, whether it be joining them or opposing them only time will tell.

Do you see any Karma alliance being allied with the NPO? If so, who and why?

depends who you call karma alliances, the currant people at war with us, HELL NO!!!!!!!!!! but others that might have fought on the enemy side but not directly against us for sure.

Will the NPO seek vengeance? If so, which alliance(s)?

i'd be suprised if we didn't against a few alliances in mind, but not really the ones that have been public enemies to us as you can respect them, it will be more likely the ones who put the knifes in our back.

Will the NPO disband?

not in this games life span!

Will there be a leadership change in the NPO?

highly doubtful, we like our leaders and unless they dive on there swords to get pacifica lighter terms i doubt it will happen anytime soon.

Do you want to see a leadership change in the NPO? If so? Who do you want to lead it?

NO, but i wouldn't mind running it for a while.

What kind of political influence the NPO have left towards the CN community? Do they still have any?only a very small amount, the largest blow this war had to us was not the drop in strength but the polical isolation!