The Phoenix Federation Announcement

mhawk

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Says the man who wasn't even in TPF until recently. You sir are the equivalent of a TOOL rogue, jumping to whichever alliance in which you could semi-legitimately continue this unrighteous war,

Which is it? Jumping alliances during was it either right for all or wrong for all.

There are plenty of reasons for Dani to be very annoyed with mhawk over the 'CB' for this war, justification enough for switching alliances and fronts when Mhawk is already on the other side,

Bama is perfectly entitled to jump alliances, but he can't claim the mantle of TPF self-righteousness immediately like he is trying to do. In addition, the situations are rather different in that Dani was simply switching fronts (both OV and PC were engaged in the greater war), whereas Bama has chosen to ignore the fact that his alliance has surrendered to jump back in.

Okay, let's use a similar line of thought, Vol. TORN had a massive gov before we placed a new charter in. Of that massive government (We had 10 people, if not more) only 3 at this moment have any sort of government power (and one of them, bigwoody, plays a greatly reduced role in the government). TORN's government has drastically changed, much as you say TPF's did. If your argument revolves around the "Government is different" point, than I would hope it would be safe to assume that the same applies to TORN also.

By those means the justified actions of TORN during the beginning of the Karma war should also be "history," correct?

EDIT: someone special was just elected as TORN's Representative. That brings the total to 3.

I agree you get a new start, however that also means a new relationship must be built.

I wasn't in the UJW.

TPF barely was either - but since Bama claimed that TPF "never leaves a man behind" I simply pointed out the fact that they have, infact, left many men behind in the past. Since you are not TPF, just their current leader, you not being involed in the UJW has no bearing on his comments.

Regardless if the entire alliance is turned over, people will always remember TPF for the UPJ war and the NoV incident.

Then let us make the qualifier, no alliance led by me will leave a friend behind. We will be the last ones out always.

Edited by mhawk

I agree you get a new start, however that also means a new relationship must be built.

This is kinda status quo in the cyberverse, although I never did quite understand it. When a treaty is signed, its benefits and sentiment SHOULD be spread alliance-wide to all signatories. Dropping, or reviewing treaties because of a government change(which 95% of the time is someone in the alliance replaces someone else in the alliance), tends to indicate that the treaty never reflected a feeling of friendship between one alliance and the other, but rather a "hey, our current govs like each other" attitude. Not knowing a new incoming government, does not change the fact that the alliance is the same group of people it was the day before the government change.

This is kinda status quo in the cyberverse, although I never did quite understand it. When a treaty is signed, its benefits and sentiment SHOULD be spread alliance-wide to all signatories. Dropping, or reviewing treaties because of a government change(which 95% of the time is someone in the alliance replaces someone else in the alliance), tends to indicate that the treaty never reflected a feeling of friendship between one alliance and the other, but rather a "hey, our current govs like each other" attitude. Not knowing a new incoming government, does not change the fact that the alliance is the same group of people it was the day before the government change.

That is very accurate statement, though it does not apply to this announcement.

However this cancellation was not due to gov change. Rather several issues that remain unresolved. We consider the issue over now.

That is very accurate statement, though it does not apply to this announcement.

(OOC)*note to self* Pay attention to open tabs FTW....this post is TOTALLY in the wrong topic because some idiot decided to post with 21 open tabs.(OOC)...

I dont even remeber what I meant to say here....Now I feel dumb. Carry on.

Also, I need to find a stapler to put my head back on. It spun clean off trying to follow this topic.

In a single thread we've been insulted for leaving war too early and staying in war too long.

It's not the same war. :lol1:

To the person in TORN who wants a clean slate due to your recent Gov change.

You have one with us.

This treaty didn't reflect a clean slate, it reflected a close relationship that from my point of view, your previous Gov chose not to keep during this war.

Hopefully your new Gov will be able to work with mhawk and our relationship improves to a level where a treaty is possible. I know that Rach has already been trying to mend some fences. She's good folk and hopefully she does good things for TORN.

Regardless if the entire alliance is turned over, people will always remember TPF for the UPJ war and the NoV incident.

Once again, Bob's biggest problem imo.

Even if no one associated with past decisions is still in power or even in the alliance, the past will never be forgiven or forgotten by many and that past will be raised in a negative fashion for years thereafter.

The silly thing about it is that the people who generated the negative feelings that many have towards a particular alliance are in other alliances. When they arrive in those alliances they suddenly get a clean slate. Yet people in the alliance they left are blamed for actions they had no part in at all, even years later.

The only path an alliance has to a clean slate now seems to be disbanding and reforming months or years later or switching sides at the last minute and helping to stomp your much hated former ally.

Taking a beating used to work, as it did with Polaris, but that seems to be gone now. Of course that is possibly because the alliances that took down Polaris aren't really on the "vengence" kick that the other parts of Karma are on. Those same alliances have been fairly willing to let the past go in this war as well. Though some from the vengence camp are saying they are remembering their Hegemoic past too well and giving light terms because of it.

Quite frankly sir, we don't !@#$@#$ give a damn about how much this war damages us. Our brothers and allies are out there.

-Bama

Wait...you do know you are still in hippy mode right? I mean, your brothers and allies are out here, actually...you know...fighting. They don't seem to "give a damn" how much the war damages THEM. You sir seem like you DO care how much damage you take. You could be out sending Aid, fighting alongside your "brothers and allies".

I did fight you one round, I know you WERE out fighting, but not any more. To be honest you knocked my teeth out as well as a couple others I'm sure. I also managed a quick spy attempt on you and your War Chest was/is HUGE. What gives?

You rant seems to ring very hollow shouted behind the wings of a dove.

Wait...you do know you are still in hippy mode right? I mean, your brothers and allies are out here, actually...you know...fighting. They don't seem to "give a damn" how much the war damages THEM. You sir seem like you DO care how much damage you take. You could be out sending Aid, fighting alongside your "brothers and allies".

I did fight you one round, I know you WERE out fighting, but not any more. To be honest you knocked my teeth out as well as a couple others I'm sure. I also managed a quick spy attempt on you and your War Chest was/is HUGE. What gives?

You rant seems to ring very hollow shouted behind the wings of a dove.

He was following my orders per his leave of absence thread.