Imperial Decree from the New Pacific Order

Seeing the same arguments parroted over and over is getting tiresome, so I'll make a few final comments and resume playing the role of spectator.

....says the person whose alliance declared war during peace negotiations.

Because as we all know, the last time the NPO was let off easily, it worked out so well for their opponents.

Hello, my name is kingzog. If you ask around, I do believe you'll find enough people to confirm my having been placed on the NPO's EZI list.

If not:

bakunin.png

/me waits for the inevitable "That means nothing without some context."

Furthermore, and as many current and former NpO members told me last night, the claim that the NPO shipped "massive amounts of aid" to Polaris after that war is a flat-out lie.

The first one, which I have had memorized since I was a small child (3-16 is my birthday) might be relevant if Moo claimed to be the creator of the universe or the savior of mankind.

Really? REALLY??? :blink:

From blasphemy to stupidity in only eight minutes. Surely some kind of record.

And with that, I would like to thank the various ill-informed NPO members for posting here, along with the Pacifican leadership for encouraging them to do so.

In however many pages this thread will have gotten to by the time I click 'Add Reply' I have gone from privately thinking "Those terms are a bit much" to "Those terms are a good start." I look forward to watching you continue your whimpering as you are ground to dust.* It has been a very long time coming.

As Stumpy put it earlier and as others have repeated:

In the spirit of repeating something until one gets an answer, I'm going to do something odd (for me, at least) and repeat myself:

I have no interest in resolving my EZI status with the NPO.

You want me? Come and get me.

Simple as that.

kingzog: Come, Pacifica, see for yourself. From here, you will witness the final destruction of your Alliance and the end of your insignificant Hegemony.

[The NPO's eyes go to their 'Declare War' button]

kingzog: You want this, don't you? The hate is swelling in you now. Take your pixelated weapon. Use it. I am unarmed. Strike me down with it. Give in to your anger.

Hmmm....I think I'm beginning to understand why so many Star Wars-themed alliances have popped up in recent times. That was a lot of fun to type out.

* - Does not apply to other alliances fighting on the NPO side, who at this point have earned the right to walk away free and with their heads held high.

You know Zog, you've shown remarkable restraint in this topic and in all the others regarding the NPO and the war, considering what they did to you and NoV. I salute you for that. So many people could learn from you.

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apparently many missed our announcement with our May Report that our ZI list was cleared. We have no PZI lists, or even a ZI list; we never practiced what many call EZI.

I'd like to refer you to VL Empire.

He did something silly, NPO jumped all over his arse about it, and rendered him ZI. So he deletes and rerolls his nation, and the attacks start again. The NPO lost all of my respect at that point. Petty little six year-olds sitting on top of a big red cardboard throne. You drove a guy out of the game, and you brought RL into it by attacking the re-rolled nation.

Don't you sit there and lie about your ZI stances. Unless you forgot. Then you can amend your statement to say, "we never practiced what many called EZI, except that one time with VL."

It still doesn't mean anything, though. VL's gone, and the leadership of the NPO who were in on this will deny it all. There are those out there who know.

I'm out of this thread. Yoink.

Open up the jails everyone. Fran is coming to town.

Fran you're a cool person, but I disagree with you almost 100% on this issue.

And that is fine. There is nothing wrong with disagreeing with me, and OOC, I am glad that you can still credit me some respect.

Not everything is a PR move... sometimes people genuinely get the hint and change.. but what can I say? You all know us in and out.. even the ones that have barely been around a year.. barely posted. (Well, at least here. in OWF)

I'm sorry if you feel like Karma is treating you unfairly. But this is a thread about the NPO as an alliance, not individual Pacificans. If Karma did want to kill all Pacificans they wouldn't have allowed Individual surrenders.

63 pages read, phew.

There seems to remain two main problems after all these posts: First, the claim that it is not possible to get 90% of the remaining peace mode nations into war. I haven't read (or I don't recall after a brain-frying 63 pages) an explanation of how NPO is expected to comply with this, and it seems unreasonable to expect in any alliance to have that level of activity, making the other terms moot. Second, the concern that the 2 weeks of war against the high NS nations wouldn't start to tick off until the 90% was reached, meaning that those responsive nations who are expected to pay the tech reps will be at war for longer than 2 weeks. Again, I don't recall a good discussion of this issue either.

I do not post as a criticism, but to note what appears to be the sticking points for which there should be doable negotiable solutions. Best of luck to all involved.

Forget the personal grievances and sorry tales, This is all one needs to read,

You know Zog, you've shown remarkable restraint in this topic and in all the others regarding the NPO and the war, considering what they did to you and NoV. I salute you for that. So many people could learn from you.

Sure, congrats to him to showing restraint against those who've not done a thing to him.

I'm sorry if you feel like Karma is treating you unfairly. But this is a thread about the NPO as an alliance, not individual Pacificans. If Karma did want to kill all Pacificans they wouldn't have allowed Individual surrenders.

If karma had noble goals, they'd perhaps target the real sources of their problems and not work in broad strokes.

NPO might be imperialist and blah blah blah, but these terms are really bad and , you know, dishonorable. They deserve better terms; Because if you give them harsh terms just as they used to give others, you'll be no better than them.

I say that we start a drinking game. Everytime we heard this old broken record, we have a drink. Then hopefully sometime very very soon in the future, the ideas will start to make sense. I hope they will anyway because that old non sequitur is beginning to take it's toll on me.

No Blasphemy. I follow example.. and not Moo's. No blasphemy. And not stupidity. I just don't believe everything everyone posts on these forums and I know if I were in that position I'd still be trying to negotiate a peaceful solution. Do you think we would sanely want a war against forces multiple magnitudes larger than ourselves? I'm thinking your Faux anger is little more than propaganda. My words are genuine.

There's a difference between not unquestioningly swallowing every party line fed to you, and disregarding generally agreed upon facts for no reason other than because "if it were me..."

Sure, congrats to him to showing restraint against those who've not done a thing to him.

Your ignorance astounds me. The NPO specifically told Zog at one time that they had decided he wasn't allowed to play the game ever again. Stop arguing about things you don't understand and you won't look like a fool.

I've not.

Your alliance has. And you are a part of your alliance.

Edited by John Michaels

Your ignorance astounds me. The NPO specifically told Zog at one time that they had decided he wasn't allowed to play the game ever again. Stop arguing about things you don't understand and you won't look like a fool.

Does that mean GOD are next for what they did to KM?

Londo busted his $@! to get you peace and you have publicly rebuked his efforts. I'll go nominate Xiphosis for the next round if you'd like.

You might as well send him; the war isn't over until he says it is, right?

Or Hawkenstein perhaps.

Londo has been trying to actually get peace when other people were wanting eternal war, in Athens we agreed we didn't want to see NPO completely gone, you don't know what you are talking about and you have damaged your own cause.

Yes, this is true.

Well with that my response is, we can refuse and you can bring it at least the blood god will be happy. Also 700 members will be fun for you to keep in E-War plus we are gaining new members daily, while you can say we brainwash them, I will tell you they know they will be living in E-War and still they come, honor is a good thing these days and rare to come back if some of the posts in this thread are the standard.

It's in times like this, where loyalty is tested, that you find out who you can really count on. Some might treasure that knowledge above infrastructure.

Just cowboy up and deal with it like a man, you fat cow.

We did.

Finally, someone who sees what's going on. ;)

Blah blah.... Who headed gov at that time?

Oh yeah, you're sleeping with him. :)

Huh? How is this kind of OOC remark even vaguely appropriate?

I have a few words for those of you who are threatening to stiffen the terms on NPO for making this public, though: get a grip. The court of public opinion has been the most potent weapon wielded against the NPO. If you can't defend your actions in the place most hostile to them then there is something severely wrong with what you're doing. Let me say plainly that I did not fight for a world where opening information for the public discourse was grounds for punitive recourse, especially between two warring alliances. Or perhaps you've all forgotten how we got here, already?

Yes, this is also a good statement.

The wars with FAN and Vox may be over, but that doesn't mean they never happened. The only reason those two haven't been added to the disbanded list is because they managed to hang on long enough.

Wait, this statement is not so good though.

It translates back to "The only reason those two haven't been added to the disbanded list is because they didn't disband" in plain English. :awesome:

Yeah, we heard that line a lot: "We're cycling in and out of peace mode". It never materialized. We were watching.

The argument, just in case you missed it, was "We're ordering our nations to cycle in and out and a number of them are not doing so."

Doesnt this kind of thing go against your codex, I know its in the (temp) bin at the moment but saying this is acceptable now shows Gramlins deem it to be fair and something they would accept themselves if defeated in a future war.

The Grämlins are not at war with the New Pacific Order.

It seems to me the only reason to intentionally recruit new nations into a state of warfare is for one of two reasons

1) hiding the massive number losses you have sustained

2) providing lots of nations to provide tech reps

3) Because the NPO is a mass-recruiting alliance and pretty much recruits all the time.

We can't help it we have honor and dignity, aren't cowards or traitors and do not abandon those we have made promises to in their time of need. We have this thing called integrity.. and is the one thing Pacificans still have left to be proud of if anything else. Again.. John 3:16 and John 15:13. I and my brothers will gladly burn together.. would yours?

I respect Mhawk for sticking to his principles and his friends.

I just spit some cereal all over the screen. I have, and my alliance has, proven that we will stick to our allies to the end. Hell we invented Friends > Infra. Where as you have a history of trampling those you are closest to. Before you preach to me about integrity, you should go back and look at your alliances history....you will find you and yours have a lot less integrity than me and mine.

I've not.

That would be why white peace was offered to you. Honestly, I don't think Karma came up with these terms with you in mind.

If karma had noble goals, they'd perhaps target the real sources of their problems and not work in broad strokes.

That's why they are targeting the NPO with the only harsh terms in entire war, and letting almost everyone else walk away with white or near white peaces.

I just spit some cereal all over the screen. I have, and my alliance has, proven that we will stick to our allies to the end. Hell we invented Friends > Infra. Where as you have a history of trampling those you are closest to. Before you preach to me about integrity, you should go back and look at your alliances history....you will find you and yours have a lot less integrity than me and mine.

I only saw you trying to get someone to commit treachery. If that speaks to your values then it's a problem. If it doesn't, then I welcome your retraction of your temptation.

I agree with this. NPO shouldn't even bring up friends > infra in this. Most people haven't forgotten the day hell froze over.

Edit: also, off topic, but MK is win.

Edited by Francesca

Hello, my name is kingzog. If you ask around, I do believe you'll find enough people to confirm my having been placed on the NPO's EZI list.

If not:

bakunin.png

/me waits for the inevitable "That means nothing without some context."

That means nothing without some context.

That would be why white peace was offered to you. Honestly, I don't think Karma came up with these terms with you in mind.

That's why they are targeting the NPO with the only harsh terms in entire war, and letting almost everyone else walk away with white or near white peaces.

I still think that scalpel could be sharpened more, but .. Oh well.

I only saw you trying to get someone to commit treachery. If that speaks to your values then it's a problem. If it doesn't, then I welcome your retraction of your temptation.

The TPF have shown enough honour and commitment to their allies for the entire Coalition of Cowards. They can bow out any time they want now and no one could call them anything but honourable.