Imperial Decree from the New Pacific Order

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I never thought I would say this, but my respect for you has actually gone up a little moo...

It's good to see that the willingness to pay harsh(er) reps was there, and I think it was a step too far for karma also wanting to just destroy 2 weeks worth of infrastructure, which just reeks of coldhearted revenge to me...:\

I don't smell justice. I just smell greed. Lack of consideration for the individuals which have come and gone in the NPO. I see a push to blame anyone for personal suffering. Seriously, if you want us to pay reps.. leave us with the ability to pay them otherwise you don't get much of anything. It's like asking for the tech and then bombing the laboratories the tech comes from in the same discussion before that technology can even be fabricated.

Edited by Maelstrom Vortex

7 billion and 300k tech? I wish. Remember the pre-terms? Those currently add at least $7,250 billion and 245k tech, almost doubling the total to $14.25 billion and 545k tech -- that's 120% of the NPO's current tech.

Forgot about that :(

Okay so you were plotting against us and we reprimanded TBB falsely?

We weren't plotting against you, mhawk. We were planning a defence against any aggressive action made by the lot of you. Oh look at that, it actually happened, too. D: And what reprimanding are you even talking about? No one said a damn word about what he said in that thread, everyone ignored it.

Every time you guys made a move that resembled the ones we were worrying about with our other allies and friends, you all pushed us further away. That's what led to our canceling the treaty instead of just downgrading and our leaving of the Continuum. We were done with the games you guys were playing.

Looks like you guys were plotting against us, imo, as the scenario we were preparing for actually came to fruition. I also heard how you were asked if you knew exactly what you were doing when you guys were drilling OV, with regard to starting a global conflict, and you replied with "yes". It's not my fault we prepared for you guys to do something stupid better than you guys. :P To be honest, none of us thought it was going to be this easy if it did happen, no where near this easy.

If you're going to accuse me of plotting the defence of our close friends and allies against stupid aggression, then I'm guilty.

Edited by George the Great

Sparta, I think you'll have fun at the top. #1 is always the most prized spot so you'll be on the defense a lot. Hope you have a lot of phalanxs trained up. Geopolitics almost always ends up balancing against #1 regardless of morality issues in the long term.

Sparta, I think you'll have fun at the top. #1 is always the most prized spot so you'll be on the defense a lot. Hope you have a lot of phalanxs trained up. Geopolitics almost always ends up balancing against #1 regardless of morality issues in the long term.

So now you were targetted because you were Number One?

The Past

During the conflict with the Global Alliance Treaty Organization, the New Pacific Order declared that those GATO nations in peace mode would be subjected to permanent ZI. Though this decree was never enforced, and no GATO nation was ever so subjected, we do wish to state that this decree was a mistake and it was wrong. We realize that nations probably rerolled because of this, and we apologize to them and to GATO in general for this action.

Apparently many missed our announcement with our May Report that our ZI list was cleared. We have no PZI lists, or even a ZI list; we never practiced what many call EZI.

You'll have to excuse me if I state in reply to that: 'burn in hell you deranged !@#$%^&.'

Simply apologizing for committing one of the most despicable acts in the history of Bob in a transparent attempt to have your own punishment lightened is one of the lowest actions I could ever expect of the NPO (though far from being the least predictable.)

If you want to truly apologies to those people, why don’t you give back everything you stole from GATO in that farce of a war and become their tech farm for a few months after your alliance’s back has been broken.

7 billion and 300k tech? I wish. Remember the pre-terms? Those currently add at least $7,250 billion and 245k tech, almost doubling the total to $14.25 billion and 545k tech -- that's 120% of the NPO's current tech.

Your point being. If you don't like the terms then by all means leave the NPO and see what happens.

Edited by ShinRa

We weren't plotting against you, mhawk. We were planning a defence against any aggressive action made by the lot of you. Oh look at that, it actually happened, too. D: And what reprimanding are you even talking about? No one said a damn word about what he said in that thread, everyone ignored it.

Every time you guys made a move that resembled the ones we were worrying about with our other allies and friends, you all pushed us further away. That's what led to our canceling the treaty instead of just downgrading and our leaving of the Continuum. We were done with the games you guys were playing.

Looks like you guys were plotting against us, imo, as the scenario we were preparing for actually came to fruition. I also heard how you were asked if you knew exactly what you were doing when you guys were drilling OV, with regard to starting a global conflict, and you replied with "yes". It's not my fault we prepared for you guys to do something stupid better than you guys. :P To be honest, none of us thought it was going to be this easy if it did happen, no where near this easy.

The moves like preventing you from tech raid curbstomping a tiny alliance? Other than that I'm kinda at a loss as what those other moves were that made you think we were going to attack you. Certainly gremlins was never attacked when they left, nor was Fok. I find it odd you felt you would be.

So now you were targetted because you were Number One?

It may not be the primary reason, but I guarantee you 100% beyond the shadow of a doubt.. it lurked in most of our opponents minds. Is there a person in their right mind who doesn't like to be at the top of the pack on occasion?

If by preparing you mean 'flopping to the bigger side at the last minute' then yes, it is your fault that you prepared better.

Geopolitics almost always ends up balancing against #1 regardless of morality issues in the long term.

Actually, from the obviously fabricated war against the GPA until the start of the Karma war, 'geopolitics' was 'balanced' in favour of the #1. That's more than a year for those keeping track.

It may not be the primary reason, but I guarantee you 100% beyond the shadow of a doubt.. it lurked in most of our opponents minds. Is there a person in their right mind who doesn't like to be at the top of the pack on occasion?

It has a lot more to do with starting a war to take out a significant portion of those alliances now classified as "Karma." In fact, entirely.

The very fact that you have spent the majority of this thread bringing up past conflicts and saying "You did it tooooo" illustrates that the basis for any decision regarding the NPO will not be based on rationality, but on petty emotions like a desire for revenge and fearmongering.

It if fairly obvious that we will not stick our butts out and then expect you to "scale down" rationally, when you have shown such resistance to rationality now.

Really, if your position is so sensible, then you wouldn't need to keep on bringing "NPO did this, ooh NPO did that" as an excuse; what the NPO has "done" really has no impact on our current abilities.

And since you seem to keep on forgetting it, the Pacific was not involved in the UJP War. But given your propensity to bring up allegations of mind control every time there is something you want to blame us for but have no direct link, I doubt that would make any difference.

Seriously, look up the meaning of the word Revanchism

1) NPO was involved in the UJP. Moo Cows was involved in the planning of it, and you guys picked up GOLD, and several other alliances in the Unjust Highway. To say that NPO was uninvolved is a lie, as Dilber and other NPO gov have stated otherwise.

2) For any credible discussion to be had regarding Karma, you must bring up what actions warranted such Karma. Because face it, you face this coalition not just for your current actions, but because of your actions over the past 2 years.

3) I just can't get too worked up over an alliance saying "we can't possibly pay these terms" when you have told others more devastated than you to pay similarly harsh terms.

4) I am beginning to think you actually do know what "Karma" means after all. I mean, you guys are unwilling to jump out of peace mode and take your licks based on our terms. Its almost like your afraid we might do something dastardly, like make up reasons to keep you in war mode indefinately ...hmmm, what sort of dastardly alliance would do that?

The problem with acting like that is that you think everyone else will act like that to you if placed in that situation.

The fact is you have been given numerous chances to surrender. You have chosen not to comply with any of the terms laid out before you.

You are in this war not because Karma wants you to be in never ending war, but because you have refused to comply with surrender terms.

You can attempt to dance around this basic fact all you want, and truly I do enjoy seeing you try to twist things around, but it remains a fact.

Simply put, you acted one way towards others in the past, and so "others" are acting this same way to you in the present. That is Karma.

I thought that's already included in these terms?

This isn't even an argument to what he said. You just stated something that brings nothing to the table of discourse.

Actually, it was a follow on to the post from Majicninja he quoted.

I don't think OV was #1 when the NPO declared on them.

That's just good diplomacy. You break deals, you help people gain strength, you gain allies, if you can add to that the moral high ground.. or the road just looks bleak for the enemy.. yes, sometimes #1 does come out on top with supporters. No one's going to support an obvious losing situation without some form of rationalization that merits insurgency.

In essence, there's like a firepower threshold that must be reached before one can attempt to take down the leader of the pack. Otherwise, you support them.. or do nothing.. wait for another opportunity.

Actually, from the obviously fabricated war against the GPA until the start of the Karma war, 'geopolitics' was 'balanced' in favour of the #1. That's more than a year for those keeping track.

Got that in before me.

I agree fully GPA would have been ignored had it not held the number on spot and been diplomatically isolated by it's very nature.

So don't talk about pressuring the #1 spot as if it's foreign to your alliance. NPO played perhaps the biggest role in that. What happened to the GPA because of what they were was disgusting.

Actually, it was a follow on to the post from Majicninja he quoted.

Magicninja just stated that we benefited for a time under NPO... Okay, I don't really see GtG denying that in his post. GtG was arguing against such ignorant people who said we jumped ship when we saw the winning side; which if anyone were actually present during the time when Sparta made the decision it looked like the Hegemony side would have the advantage, if only slightly.