CN Demographics 2.0

Pete McCavoy

CN Demographics: READ INSTRUCTIONS  

408 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And lets not even begin to debate religions here. Leave it alone. You are what you are, no commentary necessary towards any other religion, please. Numbers are numbers.

Although those numbers are ridiculously scewed, because no major category has yet to add up to 100%. I understand what you tried to do here, but people are either missing categories or voting multiple times.

I'm female, 23, and semi-agnostic but still can't stop reading the damn horoscope.

Strangely enough, Asia is not a location. But it doesn't matter since I'm from the deepest darkest heart of Africa, the Serengeti to be exact.

Also "highschool" is not a word.

And I didn't understand the life ones so I didn't vote in them.

Male / 18 / U.S. (South) / Homosexual / Christian / Unmarried+College.

Lol that does read like an eHarmony ad or something. Just instead of a/s/l it's s/a/l and some other things. Haha.

Very well put together all considered though, interesting.

Also, )): to the VFABIC'ers.

Edited by rabonnobar

Male, 18-21, Midwest US, Heterosexual, Christian, Unmarried + College and Job

Like me...but in a different place or something...Maybe its why I love you.

Edited by mykep

I hate you all; very mature

I apologize for trying to do something that would be intellectually interesting, and would only require you not be so insecure that you have to go around ruining things like this online. and of course an IQ higher than a houseplant.

People aren't going to want to do your "intellectual" polls if you just insult them...

(especially if you messed it up in the first place)

New Zealand being in the poll as separate to Australia makes me happy ^_^

This makes me sad

But this makes me happy ^_^

Religion: Atheist [ 71 ] ** [14.95%]

Religion: Christian [ 65 ] ** [13.68%]

And the poll was fine, people just like to say VFABIC...because they can.

This too.

Could not answer the location question, since you have apparently forgotten Asia, all of it. Thats like Middle east, the Indian subcontinent, China, Japan, Indo China...

The most populous regions of the world.

Also it would be great to get a breakup of the "Eastern Religion" option in the poll, if Humanist rates a poll option, i think Buddhism, Hinduism, Zen, Shinto etc should too.

If people were able to read/respect the directions, this would have sufficed just fine

The sociological lessson we're learning today is that when you come off like a *** people push back and mess with you.

Also let me help you with the America:

New England

Mid Atlantic

South

Midwest

Southwest

Mountain West

Pacific Coast

Edited by CRex of Gulo Gulo

The sociological lessson we're learning today is that when you come off like a *** people push back and mess with you.

Also let me help you with the America:

New England

Mid Atlantic

South

Midwest

Southwest

Mountain West

Pacific Coast

Or, for the sake of allowing more options in the poll (like the lack of Asia, etc), Western USA, Midwestern USA, Eastern USA, then Western Canada, East Canada, Central America, South America, Western Europe, Northern Europe, Eastern Europe, Middle-East, Far East Asia, Asia (whatever's left), Africa, Oceania, Australia, New Zealand.

Otherwise, good poll. I mean, you forgot some, but, it's a big list and it still gives people a good idea of what the demographics are (also: :awesome: and lulz at atheism beating Christianity on this).

Asian players are sad, left to choose their favorite vacation spot instead of their home. :(

Also, let us hope that the list of bisexual females age 18-21 never gets into the wrong hands. FARK or Umbrella would be dangerous with that info . . . :P

Female/32/Northeast US/Hetero/Agnostic/Unmarried+Job

I'm definitely getting vibes of ye olde AOL chat rooms from this quiz. A/S/L?

agnostics should just vote atheist

Why would I do that, when my beliefs are as different from an atheist as they are from a Christian?

Agnosticism isnt a beleif, you should be more specific, what would you categorize yourself as if you are not an atheist?

Agnosticism:

1. the doctrine or belief of an agnostic.

2. an intellectual doctrine or attitude affirming the uncertainty of all claims to ultimate knowledge.

Yes, agnosticism is essentially a system of belief. Yes, it is possible to be an agnostic without having to subdivide or further define your particular belief system. No, agnosticism and atheism are not interchangeable. No, while agnosticism and humanism can co-exist in a person's belief system, they are neither interconnected or related.

Essentially, an agnostic believes that it is unwise and unjustified to make claims about the fundamental nature of the universe when said fundamental nature has yet to be demonstrated or proven. Agnostics can lean towards the secular or the spiritual, but at heart, the entire central premise of the belief system is that humans, as the flawed and incomplete little creatures that we are, have very little chance of ever comprehending every single facet of the universe in any real way. The best we can settle for is trying to define it in our own terms, from our own perspective, and revise our definitions as we discover new things.

To some agnostics (myself included), agnosticism is actually a deliberate choice to be open-minded in the face of lack of evidence, rather than simply latching onto what we consider to be the most probable scenario and then defending that position with the zeal of the most religious zealot. A failing which some (not all) people of both religious and atheistic belief systems tend to be guilty of.