CN Demographics 2.0

Pete McCavoy

CN Demographics: READ INSTRUCTIONS  

408 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Male, 33-45, Canada, Heterosexual, Christian, Married and (sort of) Employed.

Is it just me, or does it seem that the OP works for eHarmony?

I do not work for eHarmony, I am just interested in social studies and economics (and how it applies to this through sociology)

Pete McCavoy, this poll is much better than the other one and pretty well done, considering the board limitations.

Don't get too heated for some silly people's jokes: the forums are theirs also and it's their right to have fun according to their ways (and why give them that satisfaction, anyway?... ;) )

I tried to make this poll better, people having fun at others expense (especially such worthless fun as that at the expense of a learning opportunity) is not something that I appreciate, or see as a right. This is why we cant have nice things ect.

Male/22-25/West (US)/Bisexual/Atheist/Unmarried + College

I'm a big fan of you having Humanist as a religious choice.

Not a fan of you not having Hellenic Polytheism as a religious choice.

I wanted to make it so agnostics could be more specific with their views

I was not aware polytheists are still around in copious enough number to warrant that, nor was I aware someone that ignorant would own a computer (though monotheists arnt that different frankly)

Interesting. Although location is not defined well.

Sorry, I dont know how europeans define themselves, and I figured people on the east coast could decide for themselves if they considered themselves northern or southern.

No, no we shouldn't. lol

Agnosticism isnt a beleif, you should be more specific, what would you categorize yourself as if you are not an atheist?

also: m/16-18/ohio/hetero/atheist (more to it than no god for me)/high school (obviously)

Much better this time. :) Although agnostic isn't a religion. They simply choose not to believe what cannot be proven or disproven.

Sorry, I dont know how europeans define themselves, and I figured people on the east coast could decide for themselves if they considered themselves northern or southern.

Actually you should have excluded actual countries and divided Europe into Western and Eastern Europe, and perhaps included Scandinavia, albeit it is a part of Europe as well.

Edited by Melchior

I wanted to make it so agnostics could be more specific with their views

I was not aware polytheists are still around in copious enough number to warrant that, nor was I aware someone that ignorant would own a computer (though monotheists arnt that different frankly)

That was pretty much uncalled for.

Edited by Ebony Wings

Voted for everything because I am not mature.

Wouldn't it have been easier to make multiple threads with different polls for a more accurate response?

I guess that means this is another fail.

Voted for everything because I am not mature.

Wouldn't it have been easier to make multiple threads with different polls for a more accurate response?

If people were able to read/respect the directions, this would have sufficed just fine

@EoW: was just a joke (well, sort of)

No, it really wasn't.

Sure it was. He called polytheists ignorant in the same sentence he demonstrated his own ignorance in regards to the amount of polytheists in the world. The world's third largest religion is polytheistic. Some 700 million people.

Well, it's not funny anymore, because I had to explain it. <_<

Edited by Sal Paradise

Sure it was. He called polytheists ignorant in the same sentence he demonstrated his own ignorance in regards to the amount of polytheists in the world. The world's third largest religion is polytheistic. Some 700 million people.

Well, it's not funny anymore, because I had to explain it. <_<

funnies are dead nao )):

also: EW still doesnt think it was a joke

Edited by Pete McCavoy

I'm not sure about the funny part but it certainly wasn't witty.

A joke discussed makes it unreasonably unwitty, so that makes perfect sense.

No he didn't. See 'unsure'. Different word, same meaning.

No it's not. The difference is what makes agnosticism classy. Personally I have decided to be neutral, and not say something I cannot prove with factual evidence, therefore I am agnostic. A person unsure of his or her belief is having an identity crisis.

Edited by Melchior