Blast from the past.

WarriorConcept

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I vaguely recall that map. I was actually around during that time.

For everyone's reference, NDF was a block made up of Nordreich, MDC and about 20 gazillion alliances. I think it actually reached its peak at 18. It was enormous.

Funny to see how many are dead :v:
I was actually more surprised at how many were still alive to be honest heh.
I vaguely recall that map. I was actually around during that time.

For everyone's reference, NDF was a block made up of Nordreich, MDC and about 20 gazillion alliances. I think it actually reached its peak at 18. It was enormous.

Good ol' Northern Defense Front.

I remember seeing a second attempt at a world map. Actually delegating pixel size to the alliance's..well, pixels. Think it faded, tho, and the war didn't help much. Isn't war great for sending cartographers into a tizzy?

And it does make me feel..well, a little old. Tho for other reasons. Oh well, life goes on.

I remember seeing a second attempt at a world map. Actually delegating pixel size to the alliance's..well, pixels. Think it faded, tho, and the war didn't help much. Isn't war great for sending cartographers into a tizzy?

And it does make me feel..well, a little old. Tho for other reasons. Oh well, life goes on.

That would be Sumeragi's post here. It's not dead yet.

Go contribute!

Funny to see how many are dead :v:

Also funny to see how many got smashed in wars, thanks to the Karma War, the only alliances that haven't suffered much in a war on that map are TOP, ODN and Sparta and RIA in GUARD (don't even remember whether they were in GUARD at that time)

Edited by Jagged Fel

Also funny to see how many got smashed in wars, thanks to the Karma War, the only alliances that haven't suffered much in a war on that map are TOP, ODN and Sparta and RIA in GUARD (don't even remember whether they were in GUARD at that time)

We weren't and Sparta hadn't even been founded yet if I'm judging the time accurately.

Edited by Delta1212

I've always found attempts to transfer PB's alliances to a world map to be a bit silly, given that the number of nations on PB is roughly 100X that on the planet I suspect most of us live on.

A proper map of PB would be some kind of 3D balloon-like rendering, growing and shrinking as the total number of nations changed.

heh...GUARD was tiny

although I think things would have been awfully interesting if NPO hadn't rolled ONOS when they did. With the break of WUT it probably would have become quite big (if not necessarily militarily capable)

GUARD already had ONOS/NADC/SPARTA, and just prior to its dismantle VE had applied, which would have made 4 of the sanctioned alliances (keep in mind GPA/GOLD/IRON weren't in blocks)

NPO was definitely strategic back then if nothing else